Toons confined to crashed realms again. Suggestion within.

shadrim
shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
How about removing those silly restrictions that prohibit players from leaving crashed realms - as currently happening AGAIN to dyos vengeance maps on pseudo realms 13 and 14 !?

It might surprise the staff but it is quite annoying to wait around 5 hours for any official recognition of the issue, then see neither any further reaction nor any efforts to fix the mess for the rest of the day...
Please be aware that it could annoy quite a number of players that the main toons are locked away on defunct realms on guild wars day and quite probably for the rest of the weekend - if not until next maintenance...
Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• sabcia106
    sabcia106 Posts: 92 Arc User
    Does not affect paying no need to worry if u cant charge zenies it would be considered something urgent its not why bother from their side.
  • shadrim
    sabcia106 said:

Does not affect paying no need to worry if u cant charge zenies it would be considered something urgent its not why bother from their side.

While it may not concern or affect the cash shop itself, issues like this certainly do affect cash shopping players. Not only since guild wars are one of the main reasons to buy but also because time dependant cash items are affected here.
    Second weekend in a row and another case of blocked toons due to realm crashes certainly does not motivate to risk money for something you cannot use due to permanent issues.

So apart from the much too obvious lazyness and disinterest, spending motivation is not augmented neither by the decreasing product quality nor by the absolute incompetent "reaction" from the ticket mailbot section or the much too visible disinterest and arrogance shown by the fact that staff reaction to issues of this severeness are somewhat limited and unsatisfactory with still no remedy in sight.
  • sabcia106
    sabcia106 Posts: 92 Arc User
    Yea i know it discourages but face it some ppl will trow money for them even still bad quality
  • tiatia123
    tiatia123 Posts: 24 Arc User
    Yeah thanks for nothing.. again. Suppose i'm lucky only losing rift and whole sunday... no mounted combat quests, no wargod, no dimensional rift, no hellroad (nevermind, rank1 price is nothing, really), no tokens for gods, 2cards running for nothing. A big FU to all players again! If you want the players to quit just take down the servers completely.
  • tiatia123
    tiatia123 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Look at DE-Forum. Or delete this one.
  • shadrim
    edited November 2016
    tiatia123 said:

Seems there is a possibility by overlocking the Char/Account but this would require two PCs and it possibly only effects those caught on Realm 13. I dont know exactly, the guys who claim to have freed the toons dont give information. Gosh ._.

Thank you for this idea, i shall try it as soon as my wife lets me abuse her PC. ;)
    Unfortunately for me, my toon seems to be stuck on realm 14, i will report back if i succeed but i doubt i have a chance here. :persevere:
    tiatia123 said:

Look at DE-Forum. Or delete this one.

To use the method described i would need to create a second toon on the affected account. Quite frankly i have had more than enough at this time, too many avoidable fails in such a short period of time take their toll.
    Maybe i will try oder maybe i will just look out for a game with considerably higher MTBF or at least faster response in case of issues.

The last time with toons locked on defunct no mans land sub realm, it was sufficient to delete the file"currentserver.data" in subfolder "(your FW directory)/rolesettings", effectively resetting players last login coordinates and setting affected toons free to realm 1 as last login point.
    This however does sadly not work for the realms affected with this weekends mess.

But rejoice, fellow players of dyos, the great arcanos shares some private guesses when the crashed realms might be resetted. He/she/it speaks of possibly monday around lunchtime. We shall see wether this guess is realistic.
    Ticket bot claims to have sent the reported issue to the "next/higher level of customer support" so i guess it will go into /dev/null with higher priority or maybe get redirected to a slightly different relative of ELIZA.BAS.
    Post edited by shadrim on