Server Merge/Realm 2-5 PVP

What do you think? Wouldn't you think it's time?

Let's give it a thought.

8 Realms for PVE and 2 Realms for those who would like to spice their FW gaming with others competitively.

It's the same people playing FW daily, why not bring them up together with those changes?

Comments

• known2figures
    known2figures Posts: 129 Arc User
    This game screams in need over merge, servers are too dead.
  • unipegasus
    unipegasus Posts: 41 Arc User
    Yes merge and pvp is what we need the most. Including arena, dimension wars, etc.
  • satsau#9104
    satsau#9104 Posts: 17 Arc User
    + 69 > Piveepay > Would Be Fun > SatSau > LH Carebear Server
  • mekteh
    mekteh Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    imho its fine to have server merge but some event (exclude EBs) only available on specific realms..im a really pure PVE player and i dont want my event time to be disrupted due to "merge"

unless FW can be sure these thing wont happen after merge like making changes to those specific event (e.g change realm or make it available on each realm) then im in. :smile:​​
  • corowns
    corowns Posts: 30 Arc User
    yeah a server merge wouyld be pretty awesome
  • aborter
    aborter Posts: 15 Arc User
    As someone from the Nyos server, I wouldn't even mind merging with a PVE Server and not have any PVP realms at all.
    The inactivity on our server is such a joke that we even struggle to unlock EB 85 bosses while having 3 chars each online (if we kept it to the official limit of 2, we'd not even get any unlocked). EB 95 bosses? Can't even do them at all.
    Our economy is far behind on other servers too imo, if I log other servers and see their auction houses, I'm just drooling at the amount of runes and other fancy stuff I'd like to get.
  • gio#4911
    gio#4911 Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    If a pvp server is merged into a pve, it should remain pve. The guest gets to pay respect to host.

Pvp mentalitys and ways of thinkings woulnt work on my pve server for example, that will just make ppl pissed and quit faster and im not saying i dont want it, played for years in pure pvp servers, with balanced way of pvp,and can live with it, fw is p2w, pvp is unbalanced,and would be dominated by top 10 cats so tell me in a server in which most are pve farmed and didnt invested much on pvp builds, how would they feel minding their own busyness and some pvp addict comes and throws a headshot skill on their faces, just cause its *fun* everytime, and ppl dont want to be limited by having to avoid realms cause they are pvp, as it would solve some issues but it would create another new ones, and speed the grave process, atm most casuals quit in our server, ppl struggling to fill their raids.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• corowns
    corowns Posts: 30 Arc User
    i reckon merge but for e.g if your emrging LH storm and eydra make 2 eb spawns one on a pvp real one on pve realm basically supplying for the extra people and giving people a option
  • anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    There is a simple solution for this, flag system. PWE tried to make it work when the game launched but gave up on it for some reason. If i could turn on-off my pvp/pve flag i wouldnt mind it at all. The problem is, the gray areas, like EB and Crucible.

Imo the flag should still be active everywhere (the only thing i dont know is the EB but idc about that anyway) cuz then its fair for everyone since they can decide what they want individually, both pvp and pve people can continue like they did before or change if they want.

I cant think any other solution which pisses off less people than this. The few who would QQ over the flag system are the ones who would want to kill others at some point without any limitation.

Better solution than avoiding certain realms everytime i wanna do something.
    giphy.gif
  • usaywhat
    usaywhat Posts: 8 Arc User
    dont get why people keep pushing this, merging non pvp with pvp is a bad idea, for once people who invested time and money in pve server should not be forced into pvp, this will do more harm that good
  • heinesen
    heinesen Posts: 209 Arc User
    If i was interrestting in PVP so i had choise a PVP server but im not so i play on a PVE server so dont try pull that over other peoples head who not are interrestting in PVP.
  • unipegasus
    unipegasus Posts: 41 Arc User
    To be honest i don't care about EB weapons if it's sacrifice means reviving this dead game.
    Compared to the new Hero 5 upgraded weapons, they are just a bit better for pvp in some classes, because of gold stats (like crit def).
    When lv100 EB bosses arrive (if this version survives enough to see that) all this bosses will be removed anyways.

What we need is FUN in here not ITEMS.
  • loreaindarain
    loreaindarain Posts: 53 Arc User
    lol fk your no pvp bs... the game is in the worst condition ever, most of the decent players quit, barely anyone to do raids anymore. Merge all 3 US server won't revive the game neither, people will still be quitting then it will be one empty server. This game is already dead, soon will be just the new/average players playing.
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User

8 pve realms isn't enough for people? You're not willing to trade off 2 realms to at least have 1 active server?

even 9 wont be enough is r2 will be pivvvipi, how can their dozen autoclicking bots survive otherwise?

Tbh not even sure if that's a necromancer summoning zombies or a Whole new thread, however, we had this before and no way to win a "pool" unless pwe enforce it forget about pivvvipi/pve mixed servers.

Scorpioluca
  • zenon91
    zenon91 Posts: 7 Arc User
    No wonder this game is as it is. People are never happy with changes. Thoughts like ''If i was interrestting in PVP so i had choise a PVP server but im not so i play on a PVE server so dont try pull that over other peoples head who not are interrestting in PVP'´( regardless of the bad english) is not helping the community right now and we know game is not as active as it was before. It's not something to benefit only pvp'ers or w/e but the pve'ers and the game itself. How many raids do you see forming for FHV, Dusk or ToD95 weekly seriously?

So for once why not think as a whole community (the few people left) and push this idea to be applied in the game? Maybe we could have someone from the FW staff give their thoughts here and let us know how they would handle the situation if it would come to happen in the future.

Think about it, 8 PVE Realms and 2 PVP realms it's not bad at all.
  • known2figures
    known2figures Posts: 129 Arc User
    zenon91 said:

No wonder this game is as it is. People are never happy with changes. Thoughts like ''If i was interrestting in PVP so i had choise a PVP server but im not so i play on a PVE server so dont try pull that over other peoples head who not are interrestting in PVP'´( regardless of the bad english) is not helping the community right now and we know game is not as active as it was before. It's not something to benefit only pvp'ers or w/e but the pve'ers and the game itself. How many raids do you see forming for FHV, Dusk or ToD95 weekly seriously?

So for once why not think as a whole community (the few people left) and push this idea to be applied in the game? Maybe we could have someone from the FW staff give their thoughts here and let us know how they would handle the situation if it would come to happen in the future.

These are actually the same exact people that claim the game is too dead, and something should be done about it, but want....nothing done about it? Because they see the words player vs player, and think they're in trouble, when it's only two realms involving pvp...
  • loreaindarain
    loreaindarain Posts: 53 Arc User
    Well to conclude this discussion, Domino said they have no plans for a server merge and that it won't happen. I guess we can all be happy that each server will just die slowly 'till every server loses all their op chars slowly and just leave new players who can't run anything. :)
  • miciociccio
    zenon91 said:

You thin autoclicker user that get lot of d's and hundreds fluxes to sell in lost city gaff about the community or just about themself?

A few of them "count" also like LOT of ppls on pools cuz they also own dozens accounts, so again, good luck "pushing" that idea.

Dunno about how many raids there are seen right now i only do beggar/new vengeance (not bothering with fh raid either) on wr daily and gos/do's/blue hermit/HR weekly so am not really on much .

PWE isnt really putting much resource in this game anyway, just some sunflower seeds for the hamsters, i see even in the short time i am on the Fatso Whales open charge reward orbz from their cs alts so guess they are happy aswell.

Scorpioluca
  • vyadhosblack
    vyadhosblack Posts: 156 Arc User
    Just an FYI... Domino was on East Storm today and said this is not even on the table as an option let alone any type of server merge.
    [img][/img]CattsNewCar_zpsrxfpdjpl.jpg

• anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    I wonder what is on the table then, except maybe new name ideas for upcoming orbs xD
    giphy.gif
  • miciociccio

I wonder what is on the table then, except maybe new name ideas for upcoming orbs xD

there you go

Scorpioluca
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    Merging servers will not "fix" problems listed in this thread. These problems stem from people leaving. A merge is a desperate bandaid. I'm not saying whether a merge is a good or bad idea, I just don't think we should dress it up more than it is. People will still be exiting regularly as long as... well I've said enough on that and I no longer care.

While this would stem the bleeding, anyone thats been through a merge, in any game, knows what kind of problems can occur from that. Many many bugs and problems can happen from a merge. And if updates are any indication of FW's foresight... good luck.

Regarding having some channels be pvp while others pve. In theory thats fine. However, currently guild bases seem to randomly show up on any realm. So unless pvp can be toggled off in bases, this would make things unpleasant for guilds that don't want to pvp. That's really the only issue I have with that.

Regarding the suggestion to have EB bosses spawn once on pve realm and once on pvp realm. A merge would boost the amount of people available for EB. But I'm 90% sure the EB on the pvp realm would be completely ignored till the pve one is dealt with; if at all. I could be wrong but I'm positive that it would be a waste of time and excess recoding. Plus I doubt China would sign off on it.

And making realm 5 one of the pvp realms would drive out the majority of pvers that do EB. So if people from the pvp servers are hoping to boost the people that show to EB via a merge and keep the realm pvp enabled, keep dreaming. You're better off not wasting your time with a merge if you're planning that route.

None of this will matter though, FW will never pull their head out of their ___ and stop driving away players.
  • shataur#9611
    shataur#9611 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Give out orbs for quests for the non cs'er
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    eberg33k said:

Regarding having some channels be pvp while others pve. In theory thats fine. However, currently guild bases seem to randomly show up on any realm. So unless pvp can be toggled off in bases, this would make things unpleasant for guilds that don't want to pvp. That's really the only issue I have with that.

you must play on a pve server if you arent aware that going into your own guild base gives you a buff that protects you from any and all pvp unless you chose to attack someone and remove it.
  • dosena
    dosena Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    In some ways I think a US Sever Merg is a very good idea and a bad idea. But I do see a lot of problems that will happen regarding the entire pvp aspect. In my personal opinion FF is the place to go if you want to pvp. Not running around the map killing people while they quest or farm. But that might be because I'm on a PVE server and I dont have that kill or be killed mentality.

I think EB and Cruci should stay PVE if any merg will to happen. I know in Storm a lot of the guilds have a friendly system to work together, split up the EB bosses and rotate the drops. This way everyone in storm eventually get their EB. I dont want to see a server merg ruining that because one or two guilds get greedy or think it's fun to mess with people. making Realm 5 PvP will just mess with that all together and cause more people to quit out of frustration.

What can also be done is Keep the Normal 10 realms pure PVE based. Then just add two extra realms. Called PVP 1 and PVP 2. Maybe even a PVP 3 if enough people want it. If they ever do a server merg I think that would be the best course of action. So PVE player base is happy and unaffected. But PvPers still get their due with dedicated PvP realms without interfering with the rest of the gamers who are here for pve.
  • buffybomb
    buffybomb Posts: 182 Arc User
    A lot of people seem to be under the impression that the only thing people do on pvp servers is to run around and kill eachother. Is that really what it's like over there? Or maybe you guys are worried about any enemies you've made on your own server suddenly having the ability to kill you?
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    amarantos said:

eberg33k said:

you must play on a pve server if you arent aware that going into your own guild base gives you a buff that protects you from any and all pvp unless you chose to attack someone and remove it.
    I was not aware so ty for pointing that out.