x Server GVG broken (whooh)

Soooo, today we were supposed to have xserver GvGs, at 20:00 the GvGs auto completed and the guilds that were on top automatically won.

What's the deal with this? :D

Comments

• banjankly
    banjankly Posts: 82 Arc User
    They wanna test our patience and see how much more bugs and fails we can endure
    Whos gonna pay my guild bk the 10D bid we made now? ;)
  • allisonfelice
    allisonfelice Posts: 17 Arc User
    GMs maybe? Oh wait.
  • gio#4911
    gio#4911 Posts: 790 Arc User
    im just leave this in here maybe some wanmei soul will read, but

Player base happy= cash-flow average/casuals will invest.
    Player base unhappy= invested money somewhere else.
    Pvp dead= no competition= no pewpew show-off= no reason to invest= no money= bye
    Lvl4wings hard to do= farming gems with odes=superduper failing crystas lvl 2=rip no interest not rewarding= no gems in ah not endgame worth

RPG Loop broken=dead game
    Nothing to explore, what its suposed to be explored is broken.
    Nothing to collect cause the explore part is broken or to complicated to achieve.
    No reason to spend, cause both above arent satisfatory enough.
    Nothing to improve cause, explore is broken on arrival and so no reason to spend (arena etc).
    Negativism, hell no, just a player trying to get stuff fixed and daily gaming more fun.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    what happened in the 2100 block?
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    GvG was not working in our test server and was supposed to be disabled hence why no xserver gvg in the patch notes. Once we do get it to workit will be a tournament style event we will run with all the things you need tyo know about it. Until then. Don't attempt to use it. This will only end in tears (to quote a movie)
  • banjankly
    banjankly Posts: 82 Arc User
    amarantos said:

what happened in the 2100 block?

Same thing, guilds who where listed above won.

GvG was not working in our test server and was supposed to be disabled hence why no xserver gvg in the patch notes. Once we do get it to workit will be a tournament style event we will run with all the things you need tyo know about it. Until then. Don't attempt to use it. This will only end in tears (to quote a movie)

I realy dont get it. Why you let us suffer so hard with such a broken patch? You had months to test and fix stuff. Most of the bugs arent even new, they are well know and even there for a year! :D
    There was no bigger patch since ages cause you kept saying we cant fix stuff atm but we will all at once when the patch comes live. We saw that now...
    Sadest part is that even the forum is kinda dead now cause ppl lost there hope and there motivation to write cause nothing ever changes.
    Dont you read what ppl write here? Dont you care what ppl write here? We are begging for fixes but you just ignore us...
  • gio#4911
    gio#4911 Posts: 790 Arc User

ok thx, so to all leaders, just dont waste your guild gold on it.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    banjankly said:

You had months to test and fix stuff. Most of the bugs arent even new, they are well know and even there for a year! :D

In a perfect situation this would be true. Unfortunately, this is not the case. While there are issues that are pre-existing, you have to remember, the development team has to split their time between FW CN and FW US/EU. Alot of these pre-existing issues that you mention have indeed been bugged, and are all waiting for fixes. We had to pick our battles with this expansion which is why certain bugs that were pre-existing (like the Vamp skill that didn't work) were fixed while others (Like Dimensional Wars not being PvP but you could still enter it, run it and collect resources, though not necessarily working as intended, but still working) were not.
    banjankly said:

There was no bigger patch since ages cause you kept saying we cant fix stuff atm but we will all at once when the patch comes live. We saw that now...

The patch is pushed, everyone is back from their respective breaks, expect some fixes very soon.
    banjankly said:

Sadest part is that even the forum is kinda dead now cause ppl lost there hope and there motivation to write cause nothing ever changes.
    Dont you read what ppl write here? Dont you care what ppl write here? We are begging for fixes but you just ignore us...

The forums are not dead, they are just representative of a very small population of the gaming community that play the game. And before everyone jumps in with all the "This game is dying" rhetoric, let me be the one to say, it's not. Now we understand that the population is quite small when compared to the communities of some of the larger titles out there, but it is a sustained community. Which speaks volumes.

I read what people write on the forums every day, and I indeed care what it is you say, and I have responded to the bulk of these issues that have been posted both here and in game on WC (where I can actually reach more people) I get that you guys want bug fixes. Trust me, I do too. But remember this isnt a case of "us ignoring issues" it's more a case of resources available to the development team. Because when having to split time between two completely separate versions of the same game, those resources are stretched thin and they too, like us must pick their battles on what needs to be fixed.

All we can do is make good suggestions and wait for the results. But please understand, they are working on stuff and fixes will come.

• xbartonvillex
    xbartonvillex Posts: 7 Arc User

All we can do is make good suggestions and wait for the results. But please understand, they are working on stuff and fixes will come.

Two years ago they have also said there come a fix for the afk people in FF, an people can still come to afk. nice when people go FF 12vs12 an 6/7/8 people come only for afk in team. Don't be supise'd so many people have quit this game already, an it will be not the last.
  • edira
    edira Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    But remember this isn't a case of "us ignoring issues" it's more a case of resources available to the development team. Because when having to split time between two completely separate versions of the same game, those resources are stretched thin and they too, like us must pick their battles on what needs to be fixed.

Not that it matters, but this situation won't change. There won't magically spawn devs to fix bugs. If there are not enough resources to maintain all versions of FW at the same time, PWE/Wanmei should hire people to increase their resources or find another way to maintain all versions at once.

Also, the development team most likely has a higher priority for the CN version anyway since this is the very first version of the game with the bigger playerbase and the game there is much further advanced.

So I guess we can expect some fixes in the next couple of weeks for our version and then a long time nothing anymore. And then we'll probably get comments like 'We're working on it.' or 'We've bugged it and are waiting on a fix just like you.' or like the last couple weeks 'We can't fix bugs 'cause we have the new content update on the test servers.' or something similar.
    ​​
    Post edited by edira on
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sabcia106
    sabcia106 Posts: 92 Arc User
    Domina just ask crab(if still is there hired or anyother guys that worked on FW but was moved out of it how comunity was in the days past and how forum was lively.
  • satsau#9104
    satsau#9104 Posts: 17 Arc User

banjankly said:

You had months to test and fix stuff. Most of the bugs arent even new, they are well know and even there for a year! :D

In a perfect situation this would be true. Unfortunately, this is not the case. While there are issues that are pre-existing, you have to remember, the development team has to split their time between FW CN and FW US/EU. Alot of these pre-existing issues that you mention have indeed been bugged, and are all waiting for fixes. We had to pick our battles with this expansion which is why certain bugs that were pre-existing (like the Vamp skill that didn't work) were fixed while others (Like Dimensional Wars not being PvP but you could still enter it, run it and collect resources, though not necessarily working as intended, but still working) were not.
    banjankly said:

The patch is pushed, everyone is back from their respective breaks, expect some fixes very soon.
    banjankly said:

The forums are not dead, they are just representative of a very small population of the gaming community that play the game. And before everyone jumps in with all the "This game is dying" rhetoric, let me be the one to say, it's not. Now we understand that the population is quite small when compared to the communities of some of the larger titles out there, but it is a sustained community. Which speaks volumes.

I read what people write on the forums every day, and I indeed care what it is you say, and I have responded to the bulk of these issues that have been posted both here and in game on WC (where I can actually reach more people) I get that you guys want bug fixes. Trust me, I do too. But remember this isnt a case of "us ignoring issues" it's more a case of resources available to the development team. Because when having to split time between two completely separate versions of the same game, those resources are stretched thin and they too, like us must pick their battles on what needs to be fixed.

solid +1
  • satsau#9104

Domino what exactly will happen when its all over? Will the "winnars" receive rewards to claim from the npcs in the guild bases? Well our guild funds be returned to us? Not all guilds have mad guild fund supplys. Mine I actually use real gold weekly just to fund it , and real gold went into this bid for x-server guild wars : D . Is that that then no refund? ( o. o)
  • satsau#9104
    supplies* \(o.o)/