Fashion Week Event Overflow - Post Questions here

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
This thread is to collect all questions for the Fashion Week events as well as comments (The judges are having me clear up space) Post all remaining comments and questions here.

Comments

• feida88#6199
    feida88#6199 Posts: 247 Arc User
    How do I post the pics Domi? Please, help! Iam so excited about this :#

"You were just a figment of my overactive Imagination".
  • thenamesdomino
    Once you have put together your portfolio you can do it a few different ways.
    1. Save the pics to your PC and you can drag them and drop them into your forum post.

2. Upload the pics to imgur or photobucket or any other picture uploading site, then click the icon in your forum post toolbar that looks like a sheet of paper, past the link to the image in it.

3. Upload the pics to the aforementioned picture sites, and just copy paste the link into your forum post.
  • fugukins
    fugukins Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Do we post the entries here? : D
  • thenamesdomino
    fugukins said:

Do we post the entries here? : D

Yes :)
  • feida88#6199
    @thenamesdomino a doubt about the rules xD : We can post a max of 4 pictures using only one fashion model?(set) or we can post more than 1 combination? x.x thanks! I did read the rules but isn't clear to me if I can use more than one fashy combi, ty!

• thenamesdomino

@thenamesdomino a doubt about the rules xD : We can post a max of 4 pictures using only one fashion model?(set) or we can post more than 1 combination? x.x thanks! I did read the rules but isn't clear to me if I can use more than one fashy combi, ty!

After speaking with the judges, you may use more than one set as long as you list each out per picture.

But there needs to be 1 Primary photograph (which is what the community will be voting on) and up to 3 secondary that bring out the best qualities of your model. Use your best judgement

• feida88#6199
    I cannot drag my pics =(

• feida88#6199
    edited August 2016
    *deleted that post bc i finally learned to display the pics*
    Post edited by feida88#6199 on

• feida88#6199
    Can anyone tell me why I cannot post the pics as the rest did?=( Iam having a long battle xD only can paste the links...someone help?

• pat19672
    pat19672 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    :) can not add images dang so can not enter
  • feida88#6199
    @secretsw I did! but the images won't appear =( also I see that the smileys also do not appear =/ aish! what am I doing wrong? x.x

• secretsw
    secretsw Posts: 46 Arc User

@secretsw I did! but the images won't appear =( also I see that the smileys also do not appear =/ aish! what am I doing wrong? x.x

It should go auto imput for you :(, try uploading your pics to tinyurl.com, then take the image url and put it in there.
  • feida88#6199
    edited August 2016

• spiceywings
    spiceywings Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2016

After speaking with the judges, you may use more than one set as long as you list each out per picture.

But there needs to be 1 Primary photograph (which is what the community will be voting on) and up to 3 secondary that bring out the best qualities of your model. Use your best judgement

Looks like peeps already can't follow these rules, confusing "one main glamour pic with supporting pics" with "let me just post 4 different fashion sets/pics that have nothing to do with each other". Let's see if Domino actually enforces the rules instead of letting people win with anything.
  • buffybomb
    buffybomb Posts: 182 Arc User

Looks like peeps already can't follow these rules, confusing "one main glamour pic with supporting pics" with "let me just post 4 different fashion sets/pics that have nothing to do with each other". Let's see if Domino actually enforces the rules instead of letting people win with anything.
    Please show us what a proper entry should look like then so that we can all follow your example :)
  • thenamesdomino

When we select the finalists we will be looking at the primary photograph. the secondary ones will be used o decide finalists in the event of a tie. When you guys vote on the winner, you will be looking at the primary glamour photos only when making a decision. :)
  • feida88#6199
    Hey Domino, I would like to participate, but I find it a bit unfair, and wicked, that "the community" gets to choose the finalist, this one event it's going to take much time and efforts from whoever who chooses to participate, Iam not much encouraged by the fact, that the community, meaning alts, and people who can just choose their friends, can get to have the last saying.

It is nice that we get to say and vote, but needs to be taken into account how this things tend to get played.

Also, if someone win, this person wouldn't get any credit for their own creation? Thats nasty. Isn't it? =)

• thenamesdomino
    After the backlash with our past creativity contests, we're trying something a little different this time. So we'll pick the finalists, and you pick the winner. Also that last part is nasty yes, but it's that nescessary small print we have to put out there.
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    this contest is separate from the fashion model contest, as in one person could win both the design and model contest?
  • thenamesdomino
    It's entirely possible, these are two separate contests.
  • bellasmurf
    bellasmurf Posts: 54 Arc User
    Anyone else having it say "your comment will appear when it is approved"??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • amarantos
    edited August 2016
    another question, is it ok to use stock photos from like google for elements because drawing things by mouse is no bueno xD not like for the whole design but bits of it just to give the intended idea.
  • bailey2001
    bailey2001 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Anyone else having it say "your comment will appear when it is approved"??

Yes... Edit: I think its something to do with the amount of characters you use in your post, if you go over a limit they have to check its not spam or something? idk... but i shortened mine and it posted :)
    Post edited by bailey2001 on
  • feida88#6199
    edited August 2016
    Domino, another question: so 5 fav designers per race means:

Kindred x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.
    Elf x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.
    Human x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.
    Marksman x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.
    Stoneman x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.
    Demon x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.
    Lycan x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.

Is that right? x.x
    Post edited by feida88#6199 on

• amarantos
    you forgot lycan :o
  • feida88#6199
    @amarantos damn xD true!

• thenamesdomino

Domino, another question: so 5 fav designers per race means:

Kindred x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.
    Elf x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.
    Human x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.
    Marksman x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.
    Stoneman x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.
    Demon x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.
    Lycan x1 Winner with all rewards + x4 secondary winners with partial rewards.

Is that right? x.x

As long as we have the requisite amount of entries per race, yes.
    amarantos said:

another question, is it ok to use stock photos from like google for elements because drawing things by mouse is no bueno xD not like for the whole design but bits of it just to give the intended idea.

You can also draw pen to paper and submit the photograph. The idea is to create an original work. Now I know that just about everything is inspired by everything else so as long as you directly ripping someone else's work and passing it off as your own you should be okay.
  • fugukins
    Oh well, I got excited about this contest, but when I saw the thing about the creator not even getting as much as credit for their design, I basically lost all respect for FW... At least you are upfront about how shady your are. I don't expect or hope that many self respecting artists take part in this, because then FW would be making profit with something they didn't even design and the designer wouldn't even get their name out there. Shame on this, I expected more from you. :(
  • fugukins
    Something that hit my eye is that 50% of these entries have on literal full sets of fashions. I hope that the top 10's will not consist of only those entries, seeing how one of the criterias is to show how creative you can be with the fashions. You can seriously start questioning the picking methods if we'll see 1 out of 10 finalists actually being creative while the 9 remaining are just people who have slapped on a full set. ;)
  • nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    fugukins said:

Oh well, I got excited about this contest, but when I saw the thing about the creator not even getting as much as credit for their design, I basically lost all respect for FW... At least you are upfront about how shady your are. I don't expect or hope that many self respecting artists take part in this, because then FW would be making profit with something they didn't even design and the designer wouldn't even get their name out there. Shame on this, I expected more from you. :(

Graphic designers rarely get credits in the gameworld, where are the credits in all the other fashions in game, which might be designed by a community event in China.

Besides, the winners from this event will (likely) be proposed to the chinese developers, which will have to design it from scratch IF they pick it at all. They might sya nahh we dont like it or put it on a pile to be never seen again.

The reward is "praise" from the forum community here and the fashion set of your choice, which is what this event is ment for.