5th Anniversary Fan Art WINNARS!!!

2»

Comments

• feida88#6199
    feida88#6199 Posts: 247 Arc User
    "Occasionally some questionable work slips through as you know. All we can do is shake it off and try to do better next time."

Ehem, Domino :smile: "slips through"? if the judges would make sure everyone is following the rules, that all entries are legit, nothing would sleep through. And you have made clear that this is one of your favourite entries. I still can't explain that.

I think that admiting that you did not do a good job with this event, would be way more respectable rather than giving away excuses, it makes me feel like Iam being considered a fool, and that I will put up with it.

I just encourage Divi, Sakura and all the rest to keep doing what they like to do, don't let a non-profesional team ruin your fun! ;)

And Domino, there's not going to be a next time, you know, there isn't always a next time, people get hurt and pissed and they stop participating. So, with all my love for this game, I advice that this kind of issues get treated with more responsability.

Hopefully new members keep joining the game and community and that you indeed will do better.

"You were just a figment of my overactive Imagination".
  • cedry2k14
    cedry2k14 Posts: 14 Arc User

Just going to clear the air here, we cannot rescind the prize as the code has already been sent and redeemed, but here's how things work in just about all of our contests, once the thread is closed the PM and I look at and discuss each of the entries and from that group we agree upon and select a number for finalists (in this case there were 10) I then email all the stakeholders (there are 9) and send them the list to have them vote on their top selections. Using numerical values (1,2, and 3 = 10 points, 4,5,6 = 5 points, and so on) for each of the entries selected I add them up and the entries with the highest values are selected. I never vote on these.

Occasionally some questionable work slips through as you know. All we can do is shake it off and try to do better next time. I'm sorry that this has caused you guys a bit of strife, I hope in the future when and if we do any more of these you guys will still continue to participate. We have a lot of talented people in our ranks.

I'll take this one on the chin.

What you said was that you didn't vote, yet at the same time you claimed it was your favorite to now correct yourself by calling it "questionable work" after trying (in vain) to defend it.
    Which one was it? Did you want it to be a winner or not?
    If yes, then the people that participated need atleast a better apology.
    If no, if you knew it didn't belong there in the first place, why not simply change it when you opened the thread ?

My point and advice is, if you really want people to join future events (even just fun ones without worthwile rewards like this one), try not to contradict yourself when you hide behind words. A sincere apology to the people that want to see you as someone they can confide in will gain you lots of points, "I'll take this one on the chin." isn't one.

Congratulations to those 6 that won !
  • cedry2k14

"Occasionally some questionable work slips through as you know. All we can do is shake it off and try to do better next time."

Ehem, Domino :smile: "slips through"? if the judges would make sure everyone is following the rules, that all entries are legit, nothing would sleep through. And you have made clear that this is one of your favourite entries. I still can't explain that.

I think that admiting that you did not do a good job with this event, would be way more respectable rather than giving away excuses, it makes me feel like Iam being considered a fool, and that I will put up with it.

I just encourage Divi, Sakura and all the rest to keep doing what they like to do, don't let a non-profesional team ruin your fun! ;)

And Domino, there's not going to be a next time, you know, there isn't always a next time, people get hurt and pissed and they stop participating. So, with all my love for this game, I advice that this kind of issues get treated with more responsability.

Hopefully new members keep joining the game and community and that you indeed will do better.

We basically said the same thing xD
  • feida88#6199
    feida88#6199 Posts: 247 Arc User
    @cedry2k14 :D haha yeah, we kinda did. =P

"You were just a figment of my overactive Imagination".
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    perhaps for future events you could also offer a position to a few non-participating community members to assist with checks when such rules are in place, as in they can say this entry or that entry should be excluded for xyz reason. I would suggest the other player forum mods but those ppl are nonexistent nowadays (new auditions there's another idea). but don't let them actually vote because there's too personal much bias.
  • xerosennin1989
    xerosennin1989 Posts: 214 Arc User
    Let me just point this out that, most of the winners put up a work that isn't 100% own made.
    A lot of it is composed by taking screenshots and putting it together, not saying this is bad because in the end it is about the feeling it brings across.

It just saddens me that so much negativity is being spread on a contest that is meant to be fun and to keep the community together.

I am proud of what my ingame wife has put together, it was a chance for her to show her amazing draw skills, thanks for trying to pull her down ...
  • nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User

Let me just point this out that, most of the winners put up a work that isn't 100% own made.
    A lot of it is composed by taking screenshots and putting it together, not saying this is bad because in the end it is about the feeling it brings across.

It just saddens me that so much negativity is being spread on a contest that is meant to be fun and to keep the community together.

I am proud of what my ingame wife has put together, it was a chance for her to show her amazing draw skills, thanks for trying to pull her down ...

A base of ingame screenshots = fanart
    Random foto of polar bear =/= fanart

You missed the point only by a little.
  • tottiie
    tottiie Posts: 115 Arc User
    Sorry guys;
    I didn't mean any harm. <3
  • cedry2k14

Skill she has, her sketching skills are decent, no one said otherwise. It's nice that you stand up for your partner, but you're proud? She basically did it for the lols "Huehuehueheue! Trololol. Literally didn't think i would win; So funny at the same time. ", she took the prize from someone who earned it on a whim. Wasn't her decision ofc to be part of the 7 winners, but... you're proud?
    Also, the title of the contest was FW 5th anniversary Fan Art, it's not just a drawing competition. The screenshots the other contestants made in a comic strip is acceptable, it's fw fan art. But what your partner did is not exactly legal. That picture she sketched is someone else' intellectual property, which means that without approval from the owner you have no right to use it. You can however sketch it or draw something based on it as an homage (fan art), like a comic page about the life of those 2 polar bears.
    Either way if you look at it logically, everyone got approval from a FW employee that has the means to do so, to use FW related things to participate in a contest. Whereas your partner used a picture that she doesn't own to participate in a contest claiming it as hers, and won.

I'm not afraid to look like the bad guy here for refuting every argument thrown at me, but I will, I love FW and the community and hope that if we'll keep it up something might change.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    Locking this down for flaming.
This discussion has been closed.