Loggin event

blazder
blazder Posts: 295 Arc User
So i probably wont be able to log in for at least a day because of work, which means if i understand correctly ill miss out on the 20 mercury packs.
Does anyone else think its a bit not friendly for people who have busy real life?
Already missed out on the quiz challenge becuse i just cant be on 24/7 everyday, now i get to miss this out too. cool.

Comments

• blazder
    Not to mention last night when i tried to log in i couldnt get past character selection screen so im pretty sure im already out because im not really sure i manged to log in before that day was over, which wasnt even my fault at that point.
  • armenthys#4925
    armenthys#4925 Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    It's perfectly fair. The login is counted from day X at 17:00 PST to day Y at 16:59 PST. You have 24 hours to login and I hardly doubt you work more than 24 hrs straight that doesn't allow you to play even a bit. The 20 packs are a reward for achieving the whole login event.
  • blazder
    alwanr said:

It's perfectly fair. The login is counted from day X at 17:00 PST to day Y at 16:59 PST. You have 24 hours to login and I hardly doubt you work more than 24 hrs straight that doesn't allow you to play even a bit. The 20 packs are a reward for achieving the whole login event.

My work requires me to stay away from home sometimes for longer than 24 hours, yes, i am not working the 24 hours straight of course, but i am away from home and i cant carry my pc around with me.
    I guess i shouldnt be suprised since this game has always favored people who can play 6-8+ hours daily (or have a big big wallet).
  • tutilake88
    tutilake88 Posts: 654 Arc User
    blazder said:

alwanr said:

My work requires me to stay away from home sometimes for longer than 24 hours, yes, i am not working the 24 hours straight of course, but i am away from home and i cant carry my pc around with me.
    I guess i shouldnt be suprised since this game has always favored people who can play 6-8+ hours daily (or have a big big wallet).
    Don't bother my friend, some people do not understand the concept of having a full time, fully demanding job, or jobs that are done in shifts etc etc. I come home around 17:45 everyday and when I'm home, logging Forsaken World to do my logins on X amount of accounts is not on top of my list of priorities. I usually have more important things to do at home or outside. And I usually go to bed around 12:15 because I have to be up at 7 every morning, I can't show up at work sleep deprived. But all of that enables me to have a real life, be happy, buy shiny things, pay bills and not depend on parents or the government and not be a loser in our society.

However, as I've said in the other thread, these are the life choices we make and we have to accept to live with the "horrible" consequences of missing out on events in games. 20 days login is the rule they made, with zero regard to people with jobs and lives, that's why I think we're better off not complaining and expecting common sense. Because you will have all the nolifers launching at your throat about how you don't have the right to complain because they dedicate their time in logging in and we don't thus we don't deserve the rewards anyway because we didn't put any "effort" into it or something like that, lol...

But I support your cause... pity it doesn't mean anything though xD
  • blazder

blazder said:

alwanr said:

Don't bother my friend, some people do not understand the concept of having a full time, fully demanding job, or jobs that are done in shifts etc etc. I come home around 17:45 everyday and when I'm home, logging Forsaken World to do my logins on X amount of accounts is not on top of my list of priorities. I usually have more important things to do at home or outside. And I usually go to bed around 12:15 because I have to be up at 7 every morning, I can't show up at work sleep deprived. But all of that enables me to have a real life, be happy, buy shiny things, pay bills and not depend on parents or the government and not be a loser in our society.

However, as I've said in the other thread, these are the life choices we make and we have to accept to live with the "horrible" consequences of missing out on events in games. 20 days login is the rule they made, with zero regard to people with jobs and lives, that's why I think we're better off not complaining and expecting common sense. Because you will have all the nolifers launching at your throat about how you don't have the right to complain because they dedicate their time in logging in and we don't thus we don't deserve the rewards anyway because we didn't put any "effort" into it or something like that, lol...

Its like everytime i decide to give this game one more try! One more opportunity because i have friends that keep dragging me back to it, they pull something that just upsets me. As if i wasnt already behind enough for not being able to be online for most of the fissure/fates times because of , once again real life, now i get to miss on this too. Not to mention all the fun little event hosted by Domino that i get to miss too.
    Oh well, back to mobas i suppose?
  • silnec
    silnec Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited June 2016

blazder said:

alwanr said:

It sucks though, wish the event managers could have planned for those who miss one day or such.. Its not like they missed rest of the days..
    ⋆⋆⋆ SEPHMEISTER ⋆ Illyfue ⋆⋆⋆

"this game is dying on all servers, wake the fk up" - Amarantos

This is the truth. PWE does not care.

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    That was discussed internally actually. The decision was made based on a few things. Firstly this is a huge amount of gold we're giving away. Secondly the low barrier of entry. Third the fact that this is per character. All those things put together makes for anyone who may have alts (either across multiple accounts or on the same account) a very profitable venture indeed. Because the restrictions are on the lax side we had to make at least one portion of this event a bit of a challenge. Which is why the 20 packs at the end go to the characters who slogged the whole month through.

If you ask me, it seems fair as I know there are a few of you out there cleaning up diamonds a day off of this event.
  • utahalt
    utahalt Posts: 404 Arc User

That was discussed internally actually. The decision was made based on a few things. Firstly this is a huge amount of gold we're giving away. Secondly the low barrier of entry. Third the fact that this is per character. All those things put together makes for anyone who may have alts (either across multiple accounts or on the same account) a very profitable venture indeed. Because the restrictions are on the lax side we had to make at least one portion of this event a bit of a challenge. Which is why the 20 packs at the end go to the characters who slogged the whole month through.

If you ask me, it seems fair as I know there are a few of you out there cleaning up diamonds a day off of this event.

Yup, I already tired of logging alts... ... ... 10 more days togo >.> $$$

• blazder

How is it fair? It's heavily sided towards people who have a lot of time to play, who are probably the ones that have the most account with alts that qualify, because honeslty when i can only play few hours a day and not always daily the last thing i wana do with my playing time is waste it on creating an army of check in alts.

I do agree it is a huge amount of gold, i do agree the entry barrier is low, that doesnt mean making it impossible to complete for people who have busy real lives makes the event "fair".
    Fair would had been a pack for each day you manage to log in during those 20 days. If you can only log for 10 days you only get 10 packs, if you make it the 20 days then you get the 20 packs. Or make resonable requirements to be eligible for the prices (or just the 20 packs), for example; characters between 50-89 only get mercs from logging during those days, character 90+ get mercs during those days, and if they log everyday for the whole event they get the extra packs.
    Theres a million ways of making this event nice and fair for everyone. The way you guys picked was not at all no matter how you look at it.

Making it this way is not making the event "a bit of a challenge". You are doing nothing other that logging accounts... in which world is that a challenge!? Only challenge i can see there is not passing out on your keyboard due to boredom.

And as a last thing i want to add, if there are "a few of us cleaning up diamonds a day off of this event", maybe PWE needs to start implementing their own rules, because its been stated several times that we are not allowed to have an excessive amount of accounts, yet there are people out there who have 10+ and more, and you just keep rewarding them instead.
  • armenthys#4925
    edited June 2016
    So basically you want to make lots of gold by just logging in a few times.... First of all the time limiter was removed for everyone's convenience so you literally need less than 1 minute per character to get your gold. If you can't manage to play 1 minute per day then it's not the login event, it's you. I know you will try to comeback with the typical "I have a real life!!" argument but so are the rest and we still manage to do the logins.
    blazder said:

and if they log everyday for the whole event they get the extra packs.

Do you realize that you redacted the exact way that the extra packs are going to be given?
    Gwaera said:

All qualifying characters that have logged in each day during this event will be sent 20 Mercury Packs after the event is over!

It’s that easy!

• keakua808
    keakua808 Posts: 222 Arc User
    i cant understand why people are complaining about this or any login events. its a gift to us players. if you cant login for a day thats on you dont cry about it. waaa waaa waaa its not fair, LIFE ISNT FAIR get over it. seriously every damn thing pwe does for for fw someone has to **** about it.
    Conovar
    79 Dark Vampire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkseed
    darkseed Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2016

and when I'm home, logging Forsaken World to do my logins on X amount of accounts is not on top of my list of priorities.

There is no rule that if you do 1 character for the whole month, you have to do EVERY character. I play 2 characters, and I havent bothered to raise an army of alts to exploit opportunities like this (and yes I do think having an army of alts just for these events is exploiting). But no matter, It takes me 2 minutes to log in 2 characters. That is not exactly a large time investment. Its not as if the only options are to do it on 40+ characters or none at all. There is a middle ground.
  • blazder
    alwanr said:

So basically you want to make lots of gold by just logging in a few times.... First of all the time limiter was removed for everyone's convenience so you literally need less than 1 minute per character to get your gold. If you can't manage to play 1 minute per day then it's not the login event, it's you. I know you will try to comeback with the typical "I have a real life!!" argument but so are the rest and we still manage to do the logins.

blazder said:

and if they log everyday for the whole event they get the extra packs.

Do you realize that you redacted the exact way that the extra packs are going to be given?
    Gwaera said:

All qualifying characters that have logged in each day during this event will be sent 20 Mercury Packs after the event is over!

It’s that easy!

Do you realize i said it should only be for lvl 90+ characters?
    If you are not going to take the time to actually read and comprehend what i type then dont waste your time replying.
    I am not going to explain again that i cant log in at all some days, the concept seems to hard for you to understand, good for you that you have so much free time and you wish to spend it infront of a screen, but just know that it's not the case for everyone.
    But it's fine, enjoy your merc packs while this game is,somehow, not getting shutdown, after all i shouldve know better than coming to the forums to find people with any level of sympathy, as long as they are getting all the benefits, they dont see a problem with events like this. If there is something more disgusting than PWE and the way they run and have ruined FW, is the people that still play this game, 95% of them i wouldnt even give a cent for.
  • mako#5718
    mako#5718 Posts: 17 Arc User
    no matter how good events are ppl will complain, i have a 10-11hr shift a day and i do manage to get 30mins off before bedtime to finish my checkins and get the login prizes too, that aint too much to ask though but each to his own, if nothing is a challenge then whats point of a event, rather just mail gms a item list of things u want and voila game over next day
  • silnec
    Oh wait. I get it. No one should bring up they missed a day and that sucks. Those who missed should shut up and take it deep. Otherwise, folks will turn up with their "its on you, you can't put time aside, don't come to forum to cry, don't tell me you got a life, I got one too" attitude and tell us to shut up and get lost. Ok, I get it. :)

• armenthys#4925
    If you want sympathy look for it with your friends. You came here expecting domino to rollback the event so you can fit in? You expect to have the big reward even if you didn't fullfilled the requirements?

You just want to be spoon fed, even if it's not your fault because "you have a life" you also have to realize that is not just you. Some people can login because they work, some others were sick and couldn't get out of bed, others had to go out of the city, etc and yet you don't see them ranting and crying in forums expecting to have the event turned to a way it benefits them.

Same thing happens with livestreams, in-game events and such; events that I personally can't attend because I also "have a life" and miss exclusive items that I can't farm or purchase on boutique, and yet I don't come to forums making threads about injustice.
  • tutilake88
    tutilake88 Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    blazder said:

How is it fair? It's heavily sided towards people who have a lot of time to play, who are probably the ones that have the most account with alts that qualify, because honeslty when i can only play few hours a day and not always daily the last thing i wana do with my playing time is waste it on creating an army of check in alts.

I do agree it is a huge amount of gold, i do agree the entry barrier is low, that doesnt mean making it impossible to complete for people who have busy real lives makes the event "fair".
    Fair would had been a pack for each day you manage to log in during those 20 days. If you can only log for 10 days you only get 10 packs, if you make it the 20 days then you get the 20 packs. Or make resonable requirements to be eligible for the prices (or just the 20 packs), for example; characters between 50-89 only get mercs from logging during those days, character 90+ get mercs during those days, and if they log everyday for the whole event they get the extra packs.
    Theres a million ways of making this event nice and fair for everyone. The way you guys picked was not at all no matter how you look at it.

Making it this way is not making the event "a bit of a challenge". You are doing nothing other that logging accounts... in which world is that a challenge!? Only challenge i can see there is not passing out on your keyboard due to boredom.

And as a last thing i want to add, if there are "a few of us cleaning up diamonds a day off of this event", maybe PWE needs to start implementing their own rules, because its been stated several times that we are not allowed to have an excessive amount of accounts, yet there are people out there who have 10+ and more, and you just keep rewarding them instead.
    +10000000000000000000 you already said everything that needs to be said. Thank you, I couldn't agree more. Especially the

"Fair would had been a pack for each day you manage to log in during those 20 days. If you can only log for 10 days you only get 10 packs, if you make it the 20 days then you get the 20 packs. Or make resonable requirements to be eligible for the prices (or just the 20 packs), for example; characters between 50-89 only get mercs from logging during those days, character 90+ get mercs during those days, and if they log everyday for the whole event they get the extra packs.
    Theres a million ways of making this event nice and fair for everyone. The way you guys picked was not at all no matter how you look at it."

part.

But some people lack either the common sense or respect or both towards other people's lives. ;)

One word of advice for you though blazder, don't bother trying to reason with the fanboys and teacher's pets, it's pointless, you will only waste your own breath. Just ignore them. Save your energy, we actually need it in more important places... like... Work! :D

• legendpve
    legendpve Posts: 73 Arc User
    Let's be fair. You only need to log in accounts, not check in or anything else.
    You can do 3 accounts at a time, 10 minutes tops. 30 minutes you got 9 accounts. That's already more than what most are getting and 30 minutes less of sleep won't make you sleep deprived or any other thing.

OP claims that sometimes he isn't home for a full 24 hours. I mean, life is life. Game comes second. It is literally impossible to satisfy everybody, and it just sucks in your case but can't do anything about it. Or you can (buy a laptop you can take with, or a tablet with remote access to your desktop, etc.) but you're choosing not to. Heck, can even miss a day's work irl.
    All these are decisions you gotta make. And you're making the right ones. Game is just a game. Don't worry about it.

And as Domino said, this is already a lot of gold. Some people are making 10D+ a day from this event. Can argue how it's unfair for those with tons of accounts versus those with few too, but that's a discussion for another time (argument is the same though -people can choose to no-life it and create just as many accounts but because of irl jobs, etc. they can't log those accounts in because not enough time in the day so are stuck with 4-5 accounts).

Basically, nothing about the login system is fair (people getting 2000D+ in 3 weeks?). Just gotta deal with it.
    rYqpf46.png
    Leitner - Defense Buff Protector of Storm.
  • silnec
    alwanr said:

If you want sympathy look for it with your friends. You came here expecting domino to rollback the event so you can fit in? You expect to have the big reward even if you didn't fullfilled the requirements?

You just want to be spoon fed, even if it's not your fault because "you have a life" you also have to realize that is not just you. Some people can login because they work, some others were sick and couldn't get out of bed, others had to go out of the city, etc and yet you don't see them ranting and crying in forums expecting to have the event turned to a way it benefits them.

Same thing happens with livestreams, in-game events and such; events that I personally can't attend because I also "have a life" and miss exclusive items that I can't farm or purchase on boutique, and yet I don't come to forums making threads about injustice.

What? Who is asking for a stupid rollback? Are you ok? People stating that they missed a day, already know they get jack shiet. They are just commenting in hopes future events will have better planning. No one needs your pointless sympathy which is useless to any of the affected players. You got nothing to contribute, take your toxic bum elsewhere. Cheers and yes you may begin QQ.

• blazder
    Im glad to at least see some people know how to disagree with me in a polite way , and actually took the time to understand my point, instead of coming here to just be a jerk, and remind me why i deslike this community (for the most part).
    Anyway, this fail (imo) event, plus the addition of the new orbs, ive decided im not longer going to be playing this game.
    Farewell, and good luck to those staying.
  • fw2#9413
    fw2#9413 Posts: 26 Arc User
    See you in a couple of months :)
    Descend into the depths of an alien underwater world filled with wonder and peril. Craft equipment, pilot submarines, terraform voxel terrain, and out-smart wildlife to explore lush coral reefs, volcanoes, cave systems, and more - All while trying to survive.