test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pando Media Booster

defenderofdreamsdefenderofdreams Posts: 78
Greetings!

As gamers ourselves, we're always looking out for our players. We wanted to let you know that recent tech reports indicate that Pando Media Booster, which was shut down by Pando in August of 2013, has been hijacked and is masquerading as needing an update that actually contains a browser virus.

Take a look to see if you have Pando Media Booster installed on your computer, and if you do, we recommend that you uninstall it. You can do so via the 'Uninstall a Program' interface in your control panel (or, if you're on XP, via 'Add/Remove Programs').

We'll see you in-game!

- The PWE Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the info
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • Romkin - LionheartRomkin - Lionheart Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Greetings!

As gamers ourselves, we're always looking out for our players. We wanted to let you know that recent tech reports indicate that Pando Media Booster, which was shut down by Pando in August of 2013, has been hijacked and is masquerading as needing an update that actually contains a browser virus.

Take a look to see if you have Pando Media Booster installed on your computer, and if you do, we recommend that you uninstall it. You can do so via the 'Uninstall a Program' interface in your control panel (or, if you're on XP, via 'Add/Remove Programs').

We'll see you in-game!

- The PWE Team

thanks maybe that is what was making my pc so laggy lol
    -Don't hate on Henry. He has grand plans for all that burnt meat, cod and metal rings. GRAND PLANS! -GreyjoyKraken
  • Impoa - EyrdaImpoa - Eyrda Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Funny because I uninstalled it on a whim yesterday, nice to know thanks for the heads up
  • marikhenmarikhen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the information on this. This is a pretty good case of serendipity in that I decided to poke around and see if there was any word on improved client performance and found this in the process. I may not know if this game will use modern hardware yet, but I now know I can finally get rid of that PMB ****, and knowing is half the battle!
  • Baalthasarr - DyosBaalthasarr - Dyos Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why do you distribute this service anyway?
    Since Pando Media Booster was shutdown PWE has distributed this service with out a reason.

There were other incidants like this in the past but you dont get it to remove it from the patches. There is too much in the client that is needless and only make the client instable and big.

Pls fix this problems. That would help you and us very much.
  • dfasfda#8376 dfasfda Posts: 7 New User
    Q/微:234288114丨毕丨业丨证丨成丨绩丨单丨 学丨历丨认丨证丨咨丨询丨
    办(文/凭认/证)微信\Q:234288114美国大学均可办理【诚招代理】