5th Anniversary event

Comments

• andrius55533
    andrius55533 Posts: 26 Arc User
    disapoined again FW,like always its event spend money,and quest answer win something,so how about all players get something?Im not surprise if login event will be star crystal or fireworks,becouse every login event us gived ****.And people cant farm normal gold.
  • phillian
    phillian Posts: 24 Arc User
    sedativex said:

phillian said:

So, the 5th anniversary pack you mentioned. How will players get those? Is it just sent to everybody's system mail or what?

Via email, containing the code for 20 Fireworks just for you... Y9VPO5rB
    Fabulous.
    OMG... I sincerely hope that isn't really the anniversary pack, because... no.

Actually, most of the time when emails are sent to me from FW, I don't get them. Either something is wrong on PWE's end (which is most likely, as far as I can tell, given how they run most other things) or my email client decided it was spam and deleted it before it even bothered putting it into the spam folder. There was some other thing emailed to players that I never received. I can't recall what it was anymore. My husband got his, but I never got mine. After sending 2 tickets with non-replies, I gave up.
  • kellytao
    kellytao Posts: 30 Arc User
    rsydakota said:

kellytao said:

rsydakota said:

Thank You @thenamesdomino for the event^^ Thank You for the emojiis :dizzy:
    I cant get over those wings xD

Can EVERYONE get these new wing fash please?

So far this anniversary is pretty crappy... Not everyone can even participate in it. :<</p>
    As of right now, the only wing fashion available other than the racials are ther Candlelit's from the ToF loterry. The other 3 Rose Wings, Skysward Wings and Nightfall Wings can only be won. That being said the Nightfall Wings havent been released yet, that is Domino wearing them in the ss.
    That's exactly my point... Only 1 or even 2? Lucky people can get them when they do a livestream giveaway. It's so disappointing. Specially if you can't even watch the livestream or log on at the time of these quizzes...
    I've never liked these types of events because the majority of the community always has to walk away sad that they didn't win.
    Any event in any game should never make their player base feel bad.

Equal opportunity for everyone please Domino. I thought you guys learned that lesson last year between NA/EU.
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    anniversary only 4 days in
    ppl already qqing their butts off
    such salt
  • mitza24
    mitza24 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Uhm... so... where's the anniversary event ?

With all the mistakes and differences at least everyone got something in the past events. Now it's only luck and c r a p.

You should remove all the anniversary naming from mails and events. Nothing out of the ordinary about what you're doing here. Everyone had high expectations since you, Domino, promised us it will be awesome. And let me tell you, it's not awesome. 1st day off your quiz event - I was up until 2am, and no quiz has started. Quit all the "surprise" and "can't tell you" 's. It's a bussiness you represent not a circus ( I'm not so sure about it atm to be honest). There's nothing special about the announced contests or about the rewards and I don't know what you think you know about this community, but we hate being led on, like you're doing now.

The anniversary event is supposed to be special for us. It was every year, even if it was messed up. Now I think you're the one of the few enjoying it (if not the only one).

PS: I've seen old players returning on anniversary events, even for 1 or 2 days, I don't see any this year (that shows a lot).
  • matrye
    matrye Posts: 41 Arc User
    Well said Mitza I couldn't have said it any better. I was excited for anniversary event but when I saw the first event was 500 people rolling for an emote on x server I packed up my jet ski to spend that entirety of the event at the lake =3 hope everyone is enjoying the quiz.

PS: I get that some wings are special for the events but fw has always put everything obtainable in game until now. It's unfair and too much teasing, showing off an item player can't ever obtain because he doesn't give schedule for his events days ahead of time. "Log on June 2nd 17:00 server time on Lionheart to join my event to win xxxx."
    Salynn - Divine Priest (Lionheart)
  • mako#5718
    mako#5718 Posts: 17 Arc User
    from the red texts in globals i figure quiz event is till sunday which means entire week of quiz yayyyyyyyy... useless emotes ftw best anni event everrrrrrr
  • andrius55533
    andrius55533 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    mitza24 said:

Uhm... so... where's the anniversary event ?

With all the mistakes and differences at least everyone got something in the past events. Now it's only luck and c r a p.

You should remove all the anniversary naming from mails and events. Nothing out of the ordinary about what you're doing here. Everyone had high expectations since you, Domino, promised us it will be awesome. And let me tell you, it's not awesome. 1st day off your quiz event - I was up until 2am, and no quiz has started. Quit all the "surprise" and "can't tell you" 's. It's a bussiness you represent not a circus ( I'm not so sure about it atm to be honest). There's nothing special about the announced contests or about the rewards and I don't know what you think you know about this community, but we hate being led on, like you're doing now.

The anniversary event is supposed to be special for us. It was every year, even if it was messed up. Now I think you're the one of the few enjoying it (if not the only one).

PS: I've seen old players returning on anniversary events, even for 1 or 2 days, I don't see any this year (that shows a lot).

Yes im to with you +.I know its will be c.r.a.p event.Like quest answer or spend money :d If login event will be,thats gived true c.r.a.p.Nothing new FW.Its looks like before event,nothing new.
  • skylii
    skylii Posts: 33 Arc User
    Think there is more stuff yet to come, wait and see. Seems you people have made up your minds that this anniversary is ****, before they have been able to show us all what they got in their sleaves. Maybe, wait till it's over before start with the review?

Illyfue:Beryll_ Berylynx

Nyos:Sky_Tear

Forever with Shishi_Gami/RoarStrand <3
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    Still, can understand some players with their unhappiness, since the anniversary has been delayed 3 months already.

Maybe it's not due, ok.

Maybe it's too early, ok.

Personally I'll be just happy with those bug fixes laying around since ages.
  • shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    An attitude like this:

HAHAHAHAHA We are only 3 Days in silly gooses! IT GETS BETTER!!!! For now... US CROSS SERVER TRIVIA IN 30 MINUTES!!!! coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee..............................

is definitely inappropriate and immature. While i am aware that lack of sleep can have the same effects like being drugged or drunk, i do expect a more sober behaviour from company representatives, especially after the overall "performance" following the level 100 patch. Didnt you learn from the melanderi mess that overacted joyfulness doesnt work at all ?

It may indeed be only four or five (timezone dependant) days after a delay of several months along with the until now pretty empty promise that the anniversary will be "great, exciting" and whatnot, in short: a positive experience.

So you started with a spending promo, annoying all non CSers and everyone not considering marketing and advert action as any kind of "event". In contrary to the news posts and due to misguided "sense of humour" (see quote above) the spend promo was the single "event" and not part of "several events going live today" as was announced.

Now we have a week of those trivia things which means going to Xserver and interrupting normal gameplay as arena is still disfunctional , hang around there for about 30 Minutes and waste spamflutes, then go back and have... nothing of all this timewaste.
    On EU, the event is held in english for all three player languages due to the fact that there is literally no staff at all so on the one hand its understandeable, on the other though noone with a non english client can answer or understand the questions "correctly" as NPC and stuff are named differently in every language plus there are indeed people unable to speak english, which reduces their participation to dicerolls.

It seems obvious that the things that still sound attractive are delayed until the last days of the month to "motivate" players to stay and wait a bit longer but quite frankly, if you really intend to continue like this, stuff the rest of those non events into the round filing cabinet under your desk, give out the "anniversary packs" and "chance for gold" (which again seems to mean only few people actually will get anything at all, effectively annoying the majority AGAIN) and lets just not talk about this "anniversary" anymore...

One thing can be learned, i believe. Players and company definitely live in different worlds. Especially when talking about the meaning of the words "great", "fun" and "exciting".
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    Well said. Imo a real event looks like this post on facebook:

"Change the Random Challenge Instance (basic,medium,advanced,expert as well to be fair for all) reward items on the wheel to something thats actually good and needed on every server, be that fashion scrolls (that can be exchanged to a choosen piece) , mounts or flame crystals, divine tokens, soulpower items(like the ones we used to get on christmas),or Midas Statues. All this with at least 50% chance for something good and not 99.99999% for useless cheese breads or anima craps and 0.0000000001% for a 95 EB weapon or some absurd shiet. Make a new wheel like this and test it for a week or two and lets see if we can get more active players instead some useless event what only matters to a small portion of the playerbase and keep them occupied for 2 mins."

^THIS. Make it happen.
    giphy.gif
  • mekteh
    mekteh Posts: 82 Arc User
    Doesnt need to do a month long anniversary event.just sent us players, anniversary pack similar like 2nd anniversary..maybe a little twitch here and there..which is the best anniversary reward i could remember.appreciate the old while rewarding the new player.

*wishing hard for this year anniversary pack to be useful*

• misshi
    misshi Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    people should wait and see before runnin their mouths off here. stuff just started...is what i would like to say but people in general are frustrated and they ae quittin left and right, its no surprise majority comes here to show their attitude.
    as someone whos been here from the start and has experienced everything they pulled on this game i think i have the right to state thats its clearly enough fails now. not that it will change anything if i say that...

on a sidenote: you guys never gave away stuff that was truly special not even in events. everything was suddenly obtainable in cs or orbs later on. people who won the past events and got their reward (including myself) were hyped about winning but then the winners prizes where nothing special anymore after maybe a month cause everyone and their mother could get it. that said i hope u gonna put thoose special fashion wings up for sale and if its for 1k real leaf. i just really want to have them too e_e
    ♫Pic by awsome wifey Ryu♫
    poppyxmassig1_zps8mupkvbk.jpg
    PoPxTart - Wind Bard
  • endless013
    endless013 Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    @mekteh which anniversary was the second, was that the bat? I missed the bat, it was during my quit time and I never got an email. But yeah, the first 3 years had the best anni's, you could tell they were still putting in work and could at least pretend to care. I didn't even really mind last years even though it was a real big mess and 90% of my chars will never use that handheld at least I could sell it, and that log in problem seems to be fixed so that shouldn't happen again that most toons only got partial login stuffs.

---------------------

Anyway, I'm (probably, possibly) not messing with trivia contests. Not only are they at 8pm which means I might just have something to do irl. But it's just not worth it to fight over the lag of all the people flooding x server just to not win a smiley pack that will more than likely end up in AH one day
    Post edited by endless013 on
    GoDieNow, Reaper (bloodwind) lvl110... Mr_E, Assassin (venom) lvl92...
    GoDiePlz, Demon (hellfire) lvl110... Not_Inuyasha, Assassin (Venom) lvl81
    CrispyDjinn, Warden (Sun Ray) lvl110 ... PlayerName, Shooter (Presicion/Burst) lvl85
    endless_XIII, Protector (Granite) lvl95... ****_McKenzy, Vampire (Blood/Dark) lvl lvl81
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    US cross server trivia to commenced in 15 minutes
  • thenamesdomino
    Congrats to today's winners! Round for will begin Monday at 5pm PDT in the US Cross server. :)
  • isfolket80
    isfolket80 Posts: 222 Arc User

i must say i getting un patient like many others here now
    i rarely complain but this is a really looong overdo
    i hope packs get sent out soon i think ppl is getting really irretated(me inclued)
    ae060k.jpg
    <3 Cuitepie <TyOhni's Wife> <3
    Illyfue- Fairytail

• thenamesdomino
    Expect them to start going out when we get to roughly the midway point of the festivities
  • anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User

Expect them to start going out when we get to roughly the midway point of the festivities

Good to know, this means we get the pack after trivia round 99876545678 :D
    On the serious note, with all due respect, when this trivia annoyance is gonna end?

Im waking up everyday, hoping that we will get that pack or an event which actually rewards dedication towards the game starts out of thin air.

Event idea no.1: Read above
    Event idea no.2: Put in an npc which gives quest to do random stuff(not bugged) for awesome rewards.
    Event idea no.3: Nightmare Island
    (Im almost sure the anniversary event will include the nightmare island tbh without me mentioning. It was nice once, holy **** even fun to do, the rewards for it are "meh" now tho since they removed the Kirin boss. So if you wanna activate that thing make sure it gives something useful besides the soul leafs. Nutcake is just useless.)
    Event idea no.4: Hide n seek. Make an npc like Meid who can appear on all maps and gives out random (good) stuff upon finding it.
    Event idea no.5: A new reputation npc, in this month u can get this new reputation by doing certain stuff,and u can exchange the rep for rewards (hell,even orbs are fine rewards)

Feel free to add more to the list people.
    giphy.gif
  • kellytao

Feel free to add more to the list people.
    I liked one of the previous ideas of the instances spinning wheel actually having good and useful items in it with a good chance at getting them.
    Get your players INVOLVED with your game. Not just to log in- grab something free and leave. :/
  • shirayukihime
    shirayukihime Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I want these raccons ... they so cute^.^ but i never get to play.... got there at 20.00 was told it was at 19.00... yestarday got there at 19.00 still nothing... when is it on eu x-server >.<

and stop complaining guys its a full month- wait for it to pass complain after :wink:
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User

Good to know, this means we get the pack after trivia round 99876545678 :D
    On the serious note, with all due respect, when this trivia annoyance is gonna end?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/forsaken-world/news/detail/9995873-anniversary-quiz-challenge

"This is a fantastic opportunity to flex those brain muscles of yours and try to beat us at our own game! Starting today 6/2/16 and running through Thursday 6/9/16 our GM’s "Domino" and "Gwaera" will be jumping into the US and EU cross servers to host a special Trivia and Dice Roll Contest! The times will be at random but we will always announce it in World Chat."

:|
  • mako#5718
    mako#5718 Posts: 17 Arc User
    i had hopes of good events as i had a week off now they gnna spoil entire month and as i know i have time restrictions once at work and gonna miss out on everything , since the events will get dragged on for a whole frigging month of useless **** anyways "HAPPY LAST ANNIVERSARY FW" i guess keep pissing players off
  • zenon91
    zenon91 Posts: 7 Arc User
    shadrim said:

An attitude like this:

HAHAHAHAHA We are only 3 Days in silly gooses! IT GETS BETTER!!!! For now... US CROSS SERVER TRIVIA IN 30 MINUTES!!!! coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee..............................

is definitely inappropriate and immature. While i am aware that lack of sleep can have the same effects like being drugged or drunk, i do expect a more sober behaviour from company representatives, especially after the overall "performance" following the level 100 patch. Didnt you learn from the melanderi mess that overacted joyfulness doesnt work at all ?

It may indeed be only four or five (timezone dependant) days after a delay of several months along with the until now pretty empty promise that the anniversary will be "great, exciting" and whatnot, in short: a positive experience.

So you started with a spending promo, annoying all non CSers and everyone not considering marketing and advert action as any kind of "event". In contrary to the news posts and due to misguided "sense of humour" (see quote above) the spend promo was the single "event" and not part of "several events going live today" as was announced.

Now we have a week of those trivia things which means going to Xserver and interrupting normal gameplay as arena is still disfunctional , hang around there for about 30 Minutes and waste spamflutes, then go back and have... nothing of all this timewaste.
    On EU, the event is held in english for all three player languages due to the fact that there is literally no staff at all so on the one hand its understandeable, on the other though noone with a non english client can answer or understand the questions "correctly" as NPC and stuff are named differently in every language plus there are indeed people unable to speak english, which reduces their participation to dicerolls.

It seems obvious that the things that still sound attractive are delayed until the last days of the month to "motivate" players to stay and wait a bit longer but quite frankly, if you really intend to continue like this, stuff the rest of those non events into the round filing cabinet under your desk, give out the "anniversary packs" and "chance for gold" (which again seems to mean only few people actually will get anything at all, effectively annoying the majority AGAIN) and lets just not talk about this "anniversary" anymore...

One thing can be learned, i believe. Players and company definitely live in different worlds. Especially when talking about the meaning of the words "great", "fun" and "exciting".
    this +9999999999

i couldnt agree more with you.
  • zenon91
    zenon91 Posts: 7 Arc User

I want these raccons ... they so cute^.^ but i never get to play.... got there at 20.00 was told it was at 19.00... yestarday got there at 19.00 still nothing... when is it on eu x-server >.<

and stop complaining guys its a full month- wait for it to pass complain after :wink:

it should be something all the players should get instead a few selected only due to roll game or trivia. we have been sticking around here for quite some time already. its just not fair unless the pack they say we will get some time this month has much better goodies, otherwise i'd be extremely disappointed.
  • kellytao
    edited June 2016

BUT in all seriousness.
    This is feedback. They won't know we hate it unless we tell them we hate it.

Edit: Also just saw the new anniversary "event". Are you kiddin me? D: All that team work and effort to unlock a statue that ONE "lucky" winner will get? Wat
    Edit Numba 2: Really this is the perfect example of a WASTED opportunity. You could have packed all kinds of rewards for EVERYONE into a community effort like that and people would go for it. W/e early grats to the 1 winner. <_<;
    Post edited by kellytao on
  • lolnotyfg
    lolnotyfg Posts: 296 Arc User
    I just saw the new anniversary event. It's always darkest before the dawn.

• sirbubbaman
    sirbubbaman Posts: 8 Arc User
    some FW players, I am sure, like me don't twitch, facebook or twitter. why are we being left out? damn sure not going to add social apps i won't use just to get some meanngless anniversary prize/gift when the REAL gift FW could give the players is A STABLE, FIXED GAME FOR THE FIFTH ANNIVERSARY...
  • thenamesdomino
    You may not like the social media aspects of the community, but I'm making efforts to re-invigorate it. As these days, social Media is one of the lesser used assets we have at our disposal and one of the larger avenues that we have to bring in new players. Expect more events on our social media platforms, simply because we really want to start using those relatively untouched areas better and more effectively.