test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please close arena at night

Comments

• salibabysalibaby Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    senrin said:

I say it again: closing Arena at night won't change anything.

To me it seems you're asking more Arena fun for yourself: that's legit. But instead of ranting over the timeframe, blame the unbalance game has on its own. AND if you think many ppl would queue if they see you in xsrv in the new supposingly smaller window... You are wrong.

Here is how it goes (and won't change): go to xsrv with friends. Check friend list to spot ops. Check all xsrv realms spot by spot to spot ops. They in xsrv? NO --> let's try a queue. YES --> wait them to enter a match OR back to home server.

Rinse and repeat every 10m max. That's why you face always the same team.

But I do not get the point: you got matches, you got wins, you got fun. What's really the rant about?

Of course we're asking for arena for ourselves. We are competitive and arena is the battleground - the true show of skill and tactics for your character and your team. It's fun. The whole reason I play this game - and quit this game. The people that you mentioned that hop on xserv check friends list, and dodge the op's is sad. I've done it in the past but for a fully geared team vs another fully geared team... THAT'S a battle. That is what we are looking for.

The day I came back I was in s2 (priest), my partner's were a s2 ice mage, and a hr4 sin and we faced a fully geared s3 priest, s3 bard, hr4 sin - and won. If you work at it hard enough and have the drive to learn your character, it goes a long way.

Everyday I que FF and see all these good characters with high stats, high resists, lvl 4 wings, op class - and ask myself why don't these people que arena? Warriors feeding themselves arena gear that won't que for competition. Priests id'ing for cdef, paying 30d+ for an OH, 10d each for runes, 500d for gold necklace, 600d for gold boots, chasing lvl100 resists... But who knows? Maybe I will see them soon.

I believe if they fixed the que brackets it would be better. That way the only really tough teams would be 2700 ect. And that it would be harder to que alts to feed score. And the lower people would be at 2050 just enough to get the gear and then work their way up. Diamond vs Diamond. Silver vs Silver. Bronze vs Bronze. With taking score into account. If you're winning 10:0 in silver, you should be facing a gold - for example. That's how it should be with their system now but for some reason doesn't work =\

PS: Arena Solo Ques will only work for a short time. Eventually after 2 weeks of being stuck with 2 healers, 1 dps - or 2 one shots and someone you can't even communicate with due to language barriers everyone will stop q'ing all together. I've been through this, seen it, experienced it, dealt with it, it's not fun and won't work. If people are that desperate to learn arena and get gear - they minds well pay someone for services instead.
    Post edited by salibaby on
  • We don't have to wait for CN to "fix" things (altho it would be nice, we all know how unrealistic that truly is).

Here's my suggestion to our CURRENT CM, the amazing cheater/haxor himself: Domino!!!!!!! (no, I'm not upset you one shot me without even turning wrath on that GM toon.....YOU CHEATER MCCHEATERSON!!!!) :P

Why not do an arena community event? The system can't hand out prizes, but Domino can (via mail). Make a livestream of 3v3 once a week so that players can have the "concentrated time" that VS is talking about. This won't fix the problem of queue dodging/alt gear score feeding BUT it will afford players a designated time to queue all at once. This gives more pro players a chance for some occasional fun and also newer ones a chance to fight someone OTHER than the OPest teams (presumably, if there's more people going).

OR.......

Let NA teams fight EU teams for an event (if it's possible). There's a few of us on Storm (*ahem*) and maybe even Eyrda/Lionheart....which aren't afraid to fight the best of EU just for the giggles and wiggles.

:o
    O.O
    (O.O)
    \(O.O)
    \(O.O)/
    :*
  • negemaanegemaa Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    nickvv wrote: »
    I want good fights, not new players to oneshot. Multiple people above say that they dont want to que arena and wait multiple hours for a que, that is why people dont go.

To find a "good fight" you'll need to set up parties of people you know, overall like one poster said, people will avoid certain people to "farm" their points. That's the reality of it. It's rare to have a good fight here in u.s server (its been a long time since I qued arena for a legit fight)​​
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • anyadpicsajaanyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    This again...
    Stop poking the dead with sticks, seriously.

First things first, im not interested in pvp at all, seen it and dont want it again, if i want skill based fight, i play an fps.

The only, i mean the ONLY possible way to revive arena, is to give every player the same gear & stats upon entering, kinda like gods trial 2 but more complex + balance the win/lose ratio so above a certain score u dont need 10 win to compensate 1 loss. Maybe can boost this with only solo apply and/or clever blair, but without the said balance it wont ever revive.

Why?
    Because people in this game are stressed and pissed enough already, dont like losing and dont like to see the hard earned points goin down the drain, just because some 2700ish scored player was bored enough to que and win +2 point.
    Introducing something way too much useful as a reward in arena would be suicide.
    Lets say they introduce refineable offhands as arena rewards. Everyone would want it. But because its not obtainable any other way, people will try to exploit the **** out of the system and we all know they will be successful. The same thing is happening in FF according to other threads cuz of the necks and rings. (yes i know about the vengeance jewelry,but its not as powerful)

Balanced gear and power would give the wanted "competition". The sad thing is, the same people who are now want this "competition" would cry the most about how the game become unfair by putting their pvp progress in the trashcan. Its totally understandable, but also necessary.

Instead of pushing/bribing others to do something they are not interested in, maybe, just maybe sacrificing something on your end would be a better solution. Why not convince each other to just use unrefined blue arena sets and reset your mastery/ resistance to lvl40 for example? According to you guys there are so few players doing arena atm and its so easy to manipulate the que system, so it would be piece of cake to get these blue geared competitors together and have a legit fight. You would lose points/progress if you accidently run to some OP people in this state? Congratulations, now you know what the current "night farmers" feel when they lose. Welcome on the other side of the shotgun.
    giphy.gif
  • corownscorowns Posts: 30 Arc User

Here's my suggestion to our CURRENT CM, the amazing cheater/haxor himself: Domino!!!!!!! (no, I'm not upset you one shot me without even turning wrath on that GM toon.....YOU CHEATER MCCHEATERSON!!!!) :P

Why not do an arena community event? The system can't hand out prizes, but Domino can (via mail). Make a livestream of 3v3 once a week so that players can have the "concentrated time" that VS is talking about. This won't fix the problem of queue dodging/alt gear score feeding BUT it will afford players a designated time to queue all at once. This gives more pro players a chance for some occasional fun and also newer ones a chance to fight someone OTHER than the OPest teams (presumably, if there's more people going).

OR.......

Let NA teams fight EU teams for an event (if it's possible). There's a few of us on Storm (*ahem*) and maybe even Eyrda/Lionheart....which aren't afraid to fight the best of EU just for the giggles and wiggles.

giggles and wiggles >:C you just want to poke people with that big sword
  • gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2016

You can't have a pay2win game AND be competitive.

Arena is dead, because its pay2win, simples.

You pay2win to get uber gear to facestomp others that didnt; they left, now you have no arena. Been saying that for years, no one ever listened.

Keep popping orbs and spending your money on a dead donkey like this :)

Sadly thats the true,but well because i spend my gaming day farming for impossible animas i will never max and for blue advanced runes to make marvelous lvl 5, 10 pointers :P, the time frame to go pvp is too short, yesterday i went and waited there 1hour for only a queue to pop.
    Game isnt rewarding enough for ur effort, since the freadom falls patch in which they took every manual instance like wade/dusk/gl away or better saying most farmable things, i should have stopped playing it one year ago actually.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• ediraedira Posts: 479 Arc User
    This again...
    Stop poking the dead with sticks, seriously.

First things first, im not interested in pvp at all, seen it and dont want it again, if i want skill based fight, i play an fps.

The only, i mean the ONLY possible way to revive arena, is to give every player the same gear & stats upon entering, kinda like gods trial 2 but more complex + balance the win/lose ratio so above a certain score u dont need 10 win to compensate 1 loss. Maybe can boost this with only solo apply and/or clever blair, but without the said balance it wont ever revive.

Why?
    Because people in this game are stressed and pissed enough already, dont like losing and dont like to see the hard earned points goin down the drain, just because some 2700ish scored player was bored enough to que and win +2 point.
    Introducing something way too much useful as a reward in arena would be suicide.
    Lets say they introduce refineable offhands as arena rewards. Everyone would want it. But because its not obtainable any other way, people will try to exploit the **** out of the system and we all know they will be successful. The same thing is happening in FF according to other threads cuz of the necks and rings. (yes i know about the vengeance jewelry,but its not as powerful)

Balanced gear and power would give the wanted "competition". The sad thing is, the same people who are now want this "competition" would cry the most about how the game become unfair by putting their pvp progress in the trashcan. Its totally understandable, but also necessary.

Instead of pushing/bribing others to do something they are not interested in, maybe, just maybe sacrificing something on your end would be a better solution. Why not convince each other to just use unrefined blue arena sets and reset your mastery/ resistance to lvl40 for example? According to you guys there are so few players doing arena atm and its so easy to manipulate the que system, so it would be piece of cake to get these blue geared competitors together and have a legit fight. You would lose points/progress if you accidently run to some OP people in this state? Congratulations, now you know what the current "night farmers" feel when they lose. Welcome on the other side of the shotgun.

this
    ​​
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nickvvnickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    What im basicly reading is simple, people want pvp gear but they dont want to pvp with/for it. For once you cant blame the game its a mentality issue here.
  • anyadpicsajaanyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    nickvv said:

What im basicly reading is simple, people want pvp gear but they dont want to pvp with/for it. For once you cant blame the game its a mentality issue here.

It would be more accurate to say:

giphy.gif
  • senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    What I do not understand from the poster is that he wants more fights - let's say fair fights - but his toon lvl along with his team is by far comparabable to the 90% of the others. So, if noone else can be to your lvl, why not trying Arena with worse gear?

On EU you can literally count the top players: AuroraOra, VelvetStrike, Divillae, iLikeBigGuns vs Arorias Fiambra xSkyFall Develich.

Maybe I miss 1 or 2, but that's all. Some other team have a strong toon in there (BalthazarFeu or Ferdiinand), but most of the times they miss the matching 3rd. WHY? Noone plays anymore Arena, that's it.

Dear poster, instead of asking to shorten the Arena time, ask to quit the stuffs that made ppl literally run away from the game, ruining your fun as well: FREEMIUM, cs vs non cs gap, ages for any fix and so on.

-----

On a side note, I've seen your matches. For sure you deserve the scores and the fame BUT I wouldn't stand to fight the SAME ppl over and over and over and over and over and over again, day by day, week by week, month by month. That's also a +1 for your dedication! XD

-----

Arena with same gear/stats for all? I've been said like 2 years ago already (by me, check) , won't happen.

2 types of Arena? Legit one and fun one? Same...

Sadly, only regular update is the Boutique.
    edited June 2016
    nickvv wrote: »

It's more like. I don't really care for pvp gear if I have to exchange it for untold levels of frustration 'cause getting perma oneshotted by something like you... no offense. Also, I got the lv90 arena (farmed at night with alts :P) not for running arena, but rather for elebosses or rift. So I don't plan running normal arena anytime soon, even IF there was a change...

It's no fun getting oneshottet all the time by exactly the same people over and over again...
    ​​
    nickvv said:

What I'm basically reading here is simple, you play a p2w game and refuse to admit it's the design itself the problem.

Of course you can't see the problem: you have all the benefits, the ego boost by killing others, the easiness on raising Anima (4200 dark gratz btw ^^), the easy mode on reid reforge and so on.

So now you're asking out loud more ppl to play with? I say it, ok: PPL WANT TO PVP; BUT NOT VS YOU. Get over it.
  • divineaurorasdivineauroras Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'll happily queue on my alts (not super CS'd), perhaps to the same result Level 1 wing priest and my mage. Fighting some of the most OP players in NA with mediocre toons and still having fun. If there's a PvP community event, ONLY THOSE interested will participate (unlike these forums, which seems to be full of whiners/complainers).

This supposed HUGE gap between the super CS'd and the non CS is just a lame excuse for people who suck at PvP. On Storm, there's a non CS elemental warrior (Kaiserblazer) who is just as deadly as any CS'r.

What does it take to have an OP toon?
    -Complete soul power tree: FREE over time from botting
    -High level gear (95 champ OR 90 arena) BOTH are free or very cheap (4.7d for full arena gears excluding weapon). Also both are easy to attain (truly, a leech can do it).
    -Reforge gears: can be done with botting + checkins over time
    -Transmutes for your elemental attack (or HP as priest): also free or cheap using blue gears + war god points
    -Fusion gems: farmable if you run the instances yourself
    -Deistones: slow but farmable if you do FF + Lost City (I personally farmed this for about 3 months and gained 60 mastery).
    -Gems: Click gem card daily and voila (if so inclined can boost with ode points).
    -fortification: Basically 90% of player base is 12/12 now anyways, but SC are fast to farm from just doing dailies, anyways.
    -Fortifiable rings: FREE if you farm FF and CHEAP if you farm SoO/EH/WH reputation.
    -Stat titles from area REP: FREE but takes long time to farm
    -Elemental Relic: FREE to farm with Beggar quest daily (in 6-7 months it's nearly maxed)
    -Animas: Free to feed/level and costs soul gold up to 1500 in each stat
    -Mastery/Resists: these can be farmed with HR over time + bought with Ode + bought very cheaply during sales using gold you farm
    -Double IDs (CDEF/CDAM/EVA/ETC.): Fluxes are gained rather easily as well (Dim Wars, WG points, HR prizes, WH rep farming gives a LOT, Crucible bosses)
    -Gloops for SF trinket: 100% farmable but takes long time (duh)

Exclusive (mostly) to CSer
    -Purple SF trinket (can be bought with TOFs for non CSr)
    -90+ Mastery/Resists (there are some uber farmers that have this, but most non CSr wont)
    -Gold accessories (also VERY expensive but still attainable for the top farmers in game)
    -Animas with 1500+ stats

I probably missed a few things but you get the point. I have no desire to fight whiners, but rather the players who WOULD compete if it was a worthwhile challenge. As previously mentioned, there's no reward for PvP aside from the gears which people get rather quickly and without competing at all. IF THERE WERE AN EVENT, it would give people incentive (prizes + livestream + knowing more players go = greater possibility to face various teams).

EDIT: I left out runes (HA I knew I'd forget something). THanks to recent updates in FW these are also farmable but take long time and some luck to get higher energy. For the most part, every class can get 8/9 energy runes for not bad prices. One can argue that the BEST energy/talents will go to players with lots of gold (can't deny this) but a smart non CS player will save their hard-earned gold for things like this that can push their toon over the top.
    SirFanion.jpg
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage), DivineAuror (Divine Priest), SirFanion (Elemental Warrior); Allied with Rhondelyn and DarqueShadow
  • silnecsilnec Posts: 248 Arc User
    nickvv said:

Hmm.. get me a good healer and one more good cc, i'm down for arena 3v3s. :)
    ⋆⋆⋆ SEPHMEISTER ⋆ Illyfue ⋆⋆⋆

"this game is dying on all servers, wake the fk up" - Amarantos

This is the truth. PWE does not care.

• spiceywingsspiceywings Posts: 88 Arc User
    I don't think anyone believes kaizerblazer is a noncser when he has made several posts asking domino about prizes for CHARGE raffles. Not csed on his actual char maybe but not noncsed.
  • negemaanegemaa Posts: 71 Arc User
    I don't think anyone believes kaizerblazer is a noncser when he has made several posts asking domino about prizes for CHARGE raffles. Not csed on his actual char maybe but not noncsed.

Bruh don't let get thread get closed from you calling someone out, stay on topic.​​
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I'm not calling anyone out nor meaning any ill intent/flaming, just correcting a flawed argument example. That said, there are certainly other actual noncsing "OP" chars playing.
    KB is a non

$50 is virtually non-CS'd ....the point that I was making was that it doesnt take a ton of money to be good (which is a popular myth).
    SirFanion.jpg
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage), DivineAuror (Divine Priest), SirFanion (Elemental Warrior); Allied with Rhondelyn and DarqueShadow
    That might be the case, I too know about some toons that are really strong and haven't been CS'd but they also have ~5 years playtime. Including all the freebies and better gold/farming options that we had in the past. A new toon won't be competitive in an acceptable timeframe with only f2p anymore no matter how much farming is done...​​
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    "Only" all that Fanion? So...basically 2-3 years of hardcore no-real-life-job farming if someone started today and didn't resort to script bot auto clickers sitting in crucible 24/7 which is presently plaguing Lionheart.

Of course, the goal posts won't move at all in those three years either, right?

Most every strong non-cser today has one of three things going for them:

1) they're 3+ years old and are able to farm in the game with free time in place of paid work
    2) they're exploiting certain game system mechanics with 3rd party software (script bot auto clickers behind private vpns) to farm materials 24/7 to monopolize various resources
    3) they cash shop big on alt accounts to feed their main, and pretend they don't cs. This applies to for those who convince others to cs for them.
    How strange, I wasn't aware you can charge 4000+ leaves with $50 even with a 15% zen bonus. Who knew?
  • blesswaveblesswave Posts: 5 Arc User
    Imo...
    people did actually want to pvp but why would i spend 3months++ with the current small player base just to obtain a so called legit "gear" when i actually can do it quick the otherway around?call me ignorance but its a common sense.again this just pixel so who cares how.thats how the fraction of community is including me.

Arena not the only place to get pvp.rift or ff still got those pvp one way or another.arena just like a combo platform pvp and obtaining gear sets.tbh i never felt an ounce of fun doing arena.becoz i actually felt restricted with all kind of score system blah blah sort of.i like open pvp like rift/ff or gvg.kill or die no punishment. I do farm arena becoz thats the only place i can get pvp set i want.hell if i can get arena pvp set somewhere else i wont even touch urs beloved arena.lol

Telling its easy to build toon from the ground kinda absurd. experienced player know how to farm what to farm or sort of circle friends to help.new player dont.the limit to be called a decent toon was way higher and more demanding than 2-3 years ago.

Unless wanmei put a change on score system or giving some sort of special buff to compensate the loss of current balnce of power so that its actually fun to try.. arena will be just like this.deserted or farming gear place.

Yea im the what u called whiners but it wont change a thing.wasting time or farm and do something else fun with the set.i choose 2nd option.player base so small compared to last december....u make ur toon up to the top.congratulations! I dont hav that effort or "chance" ;) to be that.again nobody force or ask u to be op.its ur choice.whether co-op with the change and play or stay on top pretty much facing the same circle of urs until someone else join the lvl xD
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User

How strange, I wasn't aware you can charge 4000+ leaves with $50 even with a 15% zen bonus. Who knew?

Sounds like someone possibly doing 3) of the list I mentioned regarding people who don't (or pretend they don't) CS

We have a certain player on Lionheart who pretends that they don't CS, and will rant all the time about CSers, and act prideful whenever they KS or kill some CSer. Isn't it odd though when their main toon that they pretend and claim that they NEVER cs with is always followed by two alts that fly around on the Earl (or better) CS-reward Paradise Cruiser/Sylfarion flying mounts, and those two alts are built in a really mediocre way that does not indicate that they've had ANYTHING like that amount of money spent on them, while the so-called non/minimally CSed main has 100 mastery and so on.

Moral is, people will claim whatever that they want to claim, but they slip up and enough hints slip through here and there which suggest what the reality is.
  • gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User

+1 on this, we need some inter continent pewpew fun, would like to meet new people with diferent builds/etc....

PS: arena is broken again on EU.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• kaiserblazerkaiserblazer Posts: 40 Arc User
    1. I don't go around saying I'm a non-CSer simply because no one will believe me (I wouldn't believe myself). People who know I don't CS have the facts to know, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion and belief.
    2. I never go crazy over the fact I can kill Monarchs and/or crazy CS'ed toons. Everyone dies to someone eventually.
    3. Why would anyone CS on alts (losing reforge resets, anima training 1500+, etc) just to look like a "cool non-CSer?"

As far as people running on accounts who are Barons and more, could be friend accounts who have quit and given them their accounts.
    But I won't argue you if you won't believe me. There is literally no way I can prove it unless you are either A. me or B. a really close friend and/or real life friend or C. my mom.
    And the no-life argument is invalid, since CS'ers are in-game all day, every day anyways as well. But I do put multiple hours per day playing, though not all of it is farming, and have played for over 4 years through college.
    But please believe what you wish, but keep your thoughts to yourself. I'd not like to be discussed in a thread that has nothing to do with me.

Getting back on topic, close down xserver. Open arena twice a day for 1 hour as it used to be. Merge servers. Everyone que's from server while doing other things. We'll never get these good things so why bother discussing it? I'm out.
  • shadrimshadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Take a look at normal dungeons and instances.
    Did the reduction of playing time and implementetion of timeframes generate any fun ?
    So why should those silly time frames raise fun in arena, some already annoying place most people dont go voluntarily ?

Matching is an issue, the most simple functions (queues) are an issue, getting perma oneshotted=no "training grounds"= messed up matching(yes, most of the issues are due to the misguided "matching") has always been THE issue and will continue to be.

Going back to single server arena will also affect FF and other Xserver activities plus i dont believe at all that arena as it once was will still work out as it once did - not with the drastically reduced playerbase, seeking out "pvp" adventures elsewhere like no mans land anyway.

As others have already mentioned: pay to win is the basic issue here. This would not be such a drastic issue if it wasnt combined with the matching issues including the built in and heavily exploited manipulation possibilities like downfarming.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pay to win isn't the issue... I vividly remember doing loads of pvp way back when at a time when I was out geared by a lot of players and the top teams were just as unbeatable as today's top teams would be. People just whined less and enjoyed the good fights along the way.
    SirFanion.jpg
  • nickvvnickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    +1 to fanion... But this is a pointless thread because the majority wants free pvp gear and never pvp again, just get a champ set... I wear it too..

So if domino wants to close this thread now and consider the things said in both sides of the comments that'd be great
    Well, some poster above me said a key word: "BACK when I WAS..."

Things have changed.

Game has changed.

Players have changed.

Now the issue IS the p2w, like it or not.

But, oh well, tears in the oceans.

You want fair pvp? Wear +9 blue gear and queue.

Yes, because, not everyone has maxed weapon, gladly high mastery, mastered atk Anima, really nice priest so tanky to perm give away her shield, all pet buffs you need for Arena; just giving examples.

It's either you want to fight fairly or to punish ppl farming score, both isn't a legit request.