SP/XP Multipliers not working on Lionheart

stew6757
stew6757 Posts: 69 Arc User
Despite the flashing stars being there at the top left to indicate 4x XP and 3x SP, these multipliers are in fact not working at all, and everything is only 1x. This seemed to take effect right after the mass DC that occurred on Lionheart at around 2030 server time Wednesday (last night).

Comments

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    Can you provide us with some proof? I'm being told that it's working fine.
  • drusill
    drusill Posts: 14 Arc User
    I have just killed two identical mobs. 1 gave me 99 exp. The next gave me 198 with dbl on. Not getting correct exp. Put a dancing miracle in unseal slot, did all my dam dailys. several dungeons and thing is still only half unsealed. If I can figure out how to add screenshots I'll edit this post.
  • jehannumm
    jehannumm Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Unfortunately your advisors are mistaken.

***Edit for clarity/tldr: Server-Wide multiplier is NOT working. Lionheart IS working. Lionheart modifier is used to support the mathematical proof that the Server-Wide multiplier is broken).***

I travelled to Aurora County and killed off some of the mobs with my Lionheart double exp on and off. Attached is a screenshot with some of the results.

Note the displayed exp values of 2694 and 5388. The first was without Lionheart double exp on.

The Lionheart 'double exp' only adds an additional multiplier, rather than an actual doubling. Had the 4x exp been working then the base value given for that mob would have been 2694/4 = 673.5 With Lionheart on, 4x would have been 5x and I would have received 3367.5. Clearly something is wrong because I received 5388.

Hop in the game. Kill a mob. Turn on double exp and do it again. Watch the exp actually double. That's all the proof you will need that the 4x experience multiplier is not taking effect.
    Post edited by jehannumm on
  • felicityjones
    felicityjones Posts: 13 Arc User
    not the double exp double sp tab...the server wide exp and sp buffs are not working ie when you do a quest you get the exact exp noted rather than a multiplied amount
  • stew6757
    edited May 2016

not the double exp double sp tab...the server wide exp and sp buffs are not working ie when you do a quest you get the exact exp noted rather than a multiplied amount

Yes, exactly. I am not referring to scrolls of Lionheart, or Tablet Of Faith for 2x XP/SP, I am referring to the Server Wide multipliers, for 4x XP, and 3x SP.

This can easily be seen if you kill a level 96 mob (eg. a Silent Treant in Dark Abyss). As a level 100 character, we would generally see around a 1290SP gain, and instead it is around 430 (this being killing the treant alone, and with <8000 total daily kills).

If any quest is completed, the SP and XP is EXACTLY as stated on the quest.

Probably the best way to see this is to do a Nightfall Daily quest. Before you turn it in, take note of the amount of XP/SP that the quest says that it will give. When that quest is turned in, it will give EXACTLY that amount of XP/SP, and not 4x XP and 3x SP like the server-wide multipliers are saying should happen.
  • ba57
    ba57 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    not understanding how to get a screenshot, my screenshot folder stays empty! I've been online since 7 am est, and the first thing I do every morning is get my Royal Order and Danicng Miracles. I 've completed all my dailies in NF and done Fissure - Fates and helped kill bosses and still the Royal Order is not halfway done. How do I get a SS? to "prove " this to you? Getting very frustrated that you keep adding content and not fixing what has become "broken"
  • jehannumm
    edited May 2016
    Apparently my post was confusing, so I shall clarify.

Lionheart WORKS
    Server DOES NOT WORK

My earlier post (the one with the screenshot and math) is not intended as a proof that the Lionheart works. I am using the FUNCTIONAL LIONHEART modifier to support the mathematical proof that the SERVER multiplier is NOT FUNCTIONAL. I have added a clarification to the beginning to help avoid further misunderstanding.
    Post edited by jehannumm on
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    jehannumm said:

Apparently my post was confusing, so I shall clarify.

Lionheart WORKS
    Server DOES NOT WORK

My earlier post (the one with the screenshot and math) is not intended as a proof that the Lionheart works. I am using the FUNCTIONAL LIONHEART modifier to support the mathematical proof that the SERVER multiplier is NOT FUNCTIONAL. I have added a clarification to the beginning to help avoid further misunderstanding.

By Lionheart, I assume you mean the Lionheart scrolls, not the Lionheart server... cause that's still a little confusing.
  • drusill
    drusill Posts: 14 Arc User
    Thanks for the fast response Domino. Hope this is repaired soon.
  • thenamesdomino
    No worries. We're going to see if this is something that can be fixed without having to wait until next week's maintenance, I wont know for sure until probably tomorrow.
  • stew6757
    As of about 5 minutes before the time of this post it looks like the issue has been fixed.

Thank you for addressing this today.
  • gadda1
    gadda1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Domino instead of asking for proof it would be best if u tested it out yourself it hardly takes 5mins XD. Coz people give mixed opinions lol.
  • jehannumm
    Exp multiplier is now functioning, thank you for your attention to this!
  • harukodarkfire#1527
    harukodarkfire#1527 Posts: 58 Arc User
    It's showing only x4 on Eryda and has been all day..
  • thenamesdomino
    Just double checked... It's 5x xp and sp on Eyrda. try relogging