5years old it's not nothing

sylvdu84
sylvdu84 Posts: 31 Arc User
So like i said in the title, 5years old for a game it's not nothing,
Players are unhappy !
We feel abandoned by the staff, Domino seems gone or almost ...
So this game is dying? Should I leave it?
An event for the 5years will be the welcome and the minimum :smile:

It's only a message for the staff and to show that we exist and still play

Comments

• lordmasaka
    lordmasaka Posts: 39 Arc User
    If you're not happy, then you are more than free to leave, but honestly, comments like this aren't solving anything. What exactly is it that you're unhappy about? Give a reason, explain yourself, and then we can start a discussion on how best to rectify the situation. Telling me that you're mad and that the game sucks because its not what YOU specifically want it to be says absolutely nothing. Give people something to work with.
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    Well, I guess he's just asking Anniversary event - you know - like a birthday's celebration and also a gift for loyal players been playing since good old days.

There're already a lot of topics (or at least posts in many recent topics) where players put suggestions, do not think we just need a brand new one.

Still, have to see a reply from the Staff upon those posts.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    We're not gone, just have been super busy as of late. We're still watching and helping (to give you an example, I've just yesterday finished getting out the race to 100 rewards, yeah... it's been like that) As for anniversary plans, those are still being worked on. Again because of the increased workload, we're looking at probably a June celebration but don't quote me on that.
  • sylvdu84
    sylvdu84 Posts: 31 Arc User
    Ty Domino for your answer :smile:
  • ochn33
    ochn33 Posts: 6 Arc User
    "Probably" in June ? Just wow...
  • tutilake88
    tutilake88 Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    ochn33 said:

Rofl, yep........... They're always so busy just not with FW but with the newer cash-cows probably, because upon all that fabulous "busy"ness I sure as hell don't see any improvements in our game so where is all the "busy" efforts getting put in?

Anyways I started playing another game anyway. Both my time and money is invested in that now (it's 100% not pay2win, the money I spend is going in cosmetic/fashion items that are bound upon purchase so no in game trade of CS items are possible) and I wish I could talk freely about what game that is to save our community because honestly y'all are missing out on an awesome experience and ~a whole new world~ out there... *fades away singing*
  • anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User

We're not gone, just have been super busy as of late. We're still watching and helping (to give you an example, I've just yesterday finished getting out the race to 100 rewards, yeah... it's been like that) As for anniversary plans, those are still being worked on. Again because of the increased workload, we're looking at probably a June celebration but don't quote me on that.

You could make a lot of people happy with changing all these "new" ridiculously priced fashion items for normal price, or make ALL fashion available for soul leaves as an anniversary gift. (not 50000 soul leaves/piece ofcourse) And it does not take that much time as well to delay the whole thing to june.

Or god forbid me make everything available for soul leaves for a few days as a gift. (Everyone will spend them so it basicly reset, so you can come up with a new soul leaf system from scratch, like how its supposed to be from the start)

giphy.gif
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    too busy with stuff but pwe still has time to toss out spend promos and charge raffles every week that add even more onto dominos plate when the raffles from the past couple months havent even been dealt with. so i dont really have any sympathy for you having more work when pwe is the one creating it >_>
  • senrin
    I just wonder WHAT makes them busy with FW in 1st place.

No maint thread so far, no fixes by any mean, no interactions with us with every available channel...

Boutique? Hell yeah, 100% of your time into a 2 min script to update the store?

Honestly, now I enjoy more smartphone's games: better management, less p2w, shame on the graphic only due to the device.

If management's too busy to manage, we're too busy to play and pay.

Pink slip sooner or later...
  • negemaa
    negemaa Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2016

ochn33 said:

Rofl, yep........... They're always so busy just not with FW but with the newer cash-cows probably, because upon all that fabulous "busy"ness I sure as hell don't see any improvements in our game so where is all the "busy" efforts getting put in?

Anyways I started playing another game anyway. Both my time and money is invested in that now (it's 100% not pay2win, the money I spend is going in cosmetic/fashion items that are bound upon purchase so no in game trade of CS items are possible) and I wish I could talk freely about what game that is to save our community because honestly y'all are missing out on an awesome experience and ~a whole new world~ out there... *fades away singing*
    To my issue is that pwe have to many games to focus on thus more work load ( not defending them btw) and plus having to be in a bussniess besides gaming they have other things to do, all that cs items that we get,other departments give that to us while dom is working on other things he needs to finish. Again not defending but there are other things besides pwe as a whole are, besides being hungry for money but yeah.
    Post edited by negemaa on
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • senrin
    edited April 2016
    Game lacks the attention it deserves.

Simply as that.

I can't care less if PWE's 350k other games to care about.

And the "if you do not like it leave it we won't miss you" works way to well: hard to see players actually anjoying, hell, even playing.
  • kumi
    kumi Posts: 114 Arc User
    senrin said:

Game lacks the attention it deserves.

Simply as that.

I can't care less if PWE's 350k other games to care about.

And the "if you do not like it leave it we won't miss you" works way to well: hard to see players actually anjoying, hell, even playing.

I'm honestly surprised that someone has the cojones to act like the game is so buoyant in a time like this as to dismiss people so casually. FW needs every player it can get, at this point, but it's still bleeding out, so to speak.

And, yes. PWE staff are overwhelmingly busy, but NOT with FW. FW is not a priority in any way, so get ready to pass out if you're holding your breath.
    Houseplant of Lionheart server
  • estafi
    estafi Posts: 41 Arc User
    Looks to me more like they keep adding games but have the same number of people for them, and make them work like an octopus.
    Anyways not Domino's fault.
  • senrin
    It doesn't take 3 hours to post the maintenance thread.

It doesn't take 2 days to elaborate some weekly codes to gift players playing.

It takes the same time they put to update the Boutique.

I just wonder why they focus on the cash shop and not to the players not willing to pay for the game but playing for free.

ABSURD!
  • kumi
    kumi Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    senrin said:

It doesn't take 3 hours to post the maintenance thread.

It doesn't take 2 days to elaborate some weekly codes to gift players playing.

It takes the same time they put to update the Boutique.

I just wonder why they focus on the cash shop and not to the players not willing to pay for the game but playing for free.

ABSURD!

For the most part, I think it's a failure on the management's part.
    Any other company would understand the connection between CS and non-CS players, or at least understand that they are equally important, although for different reasons. (Why do you think so many MMO have free givaways? CSers don't need freebies. Non-CSers do.)
    All players bring in more of either/or/both types of players, generally dependent on how impressed with the game they are (Free gifts, fun events, all of those sorts of things go toward all players giving the game a more positive review to their friends). Non-CSers give CSers reason to stay with the game, keep playing, keep CSing, via giving the CSers someone to help. Non-CSers provide that sort of 'entertainment' to CSers. (Be this through needing help with what they do, providing social stimulation, or competition/rivalry.) CSers are, in a monetary sense, the more important crowd to retain for any business...but to keep those players for longer, potentially getting more money from them, you NEED free players, people who can't finger-snap their way to progress. No free players = CSers get bored after reaching the top, and then leave to CS elsewhere.
    Additionally, the more CSers there are in general, the more competition to CS there is, the company makes more money.
    That is why non-CSers are important, although not monetarily contributing.

Alienating either side is a very risky if not downright dangerous chance to take. PWE has taken that chance, and lost it.
    Houseplant of Lionheart server
  • senrin
    I just wonder if any of the leading staff has ever played the games they manage.

You know, some things can't just be planned on paper, you need to experiment yourself the poor you're swinning into...
  • thenamesdomino
    I know you guys are frustrated. I truly understand that, and believe me, I am too. I'm just trying to be realistic. Either way, I've been planning a few very awesome events that will be coming this month and the next. (Including the anniversary). We've gotten traction on bug fixes again so things are happening. just takes time to put those wheels in motion.
  • senrin
    For me just the fact I see a reply from the staff (Domino) makes me happy.

I do not ask for miracles, I am realistic too, dw Domy ^^
  • chiffoncake
    chiffoncake Posts: 359 Arc User

I know you guys are frustrated. I truly understand that, and believe me, I am too. I'm just trying to be realistic. Either way, I've been planning a few very awesome events that will be coming this month and the next. (Including the anniversary). We've gotten traction on bug fixes again so things are happening. just takes time to put those wheels in motion.

After 5 yrs palying, I got one toon "S" ultra title without cs, so I'm good ;) I know bug will be fixed just like many others in the past, "sooner or later". And your events have been giving us many incentive over the time. I personally appreciated you and FW made me this far, thank you!!! (now I have to look for next goal to achive...thousand of orbs still no EB that might be my next)

• senrin
    Events are made to make everyone happy.

Veterans due to the loyalty and dedication.

New players to improve their toons a bit easier.

Cashers can benefit too, it's free for all!

But not everyone can wait forever, simply because when you're bored you start looking around...

And when you leave, hardly come back for good. Maybe you see someone coming back after a long while, but not for long anyways.

But let's not forget those events are made more for the game lifespan itself than for ours players: the fact so few of us are left clearly means those events aren't that common.

Sadly.

And I add... QQ
  • vyadhosblack
    vyadhosblack Posts: 156 Arc User

Thank you Domino for being honest with us. I know there are still those that will vent, but not much we can do about that.
    [img][/img]CattsNewCar_zpsrxfpdjpl.jpg

• vyadhosblack
    kumi said:

For the most part, I think it's a failure on the management's part.

That may be your opinion, Domino has been very proactive for all players and I understand that he may have other things on his platter since a plate is too small for all he does for the active player base.

And my signature is truly OBNOXIOUS since I cannot get it sized correctly for the forums.

• pinkette1#7450
    pinkette1#7450 Posts: 344 Arc User
    you re welcome

Hebergeur d'image
    Hebergeur d'image
  • senrin
    As far as I can see, Domino is trying to do his best BUT he is not the top manager who decides what and when do things, sadly.

Imo the headchief has literally no idea of what's happening inside PWE's enterprise at all: numbers are not all if you plan a short timeframe view...
  • vyadhosblack

you re welcome

Hebergeur d'image

Thank you, but its to small for a wolf.

• pinkette1#7450
    pinkette1#7450 Posts: 344 Arc User
    was just showing you that it s easy to resize, but ok, maybe this one will be ok^^

Hebergeur d'image
    Hebergeur d'image
  • shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    So there might be some kind of event or another bunch of "later, maybe" within an unspecified amount of time.

Whenever this ominous anniversary whatever might happen, it will be interesting to see if the non english servers are again getting only a fraction of the stuff given out to the english servers, then getting a "chance" to cash heavily for what all others on the same Xserver got for free.

Plus the usual mess ups with emails, arc and its still uncorrected database, login time hiccups and the like.

At least there is a bit of primitive entertainment value in guessing what will definitely go wrong (again), quite likely to be followed by a decent amount of "told you so" satisfaction.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thenamesdomino
    I cant give out much information yet, but the celebration is going to be across the board this time. We wont have a repeat of that last debaugle.
  • dantedemise1
    dantedemise1 Posts: 15 Arc User
    same bs as always hell i am still waiting on orbs from last log in event when will that happen never