FF - Getting killed by enemies in/behind/next to the respawn

bluecoco
bluecoco Posts: 49 Arc User
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
FF yesterday at the EU-X-server was very frustrating. Not the killing at the battlefield itself, but getting killed in the red base by the moment you are respawning. It is now wanted to get the kills on this way or is it an expolit or a bug, that players can get into the safe zone?

An official answer would be nice

*may contain traces of sarcasm and black humour*

< >

Comments

• gio#4911
    gio#4911 Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Just wait longer on respawn, he/she will die soon or later from base damage since its a mm ,and since red/blue bases can be climbed its another special feature, so its intended expect it or avoid pvp, people are bored enough ;)

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• dagdaoengus
    dagdaoengus Posts: 10 Arc User

Just wait longer on respawn, he/she will die soon or later from base damage since its a mm ,and since red/blue bases can be climbed its another special feature, so its intended expect it or avoid pvp, people are bored enough ;)

I can agree on that but it doesn't mean it's right to do so. Players don't really win or lose anything in FF, not like in gvgs so why do they have to try so hard to kill people ?
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    same reason most ppl in fw believe once 12s matches finish all fighting should stop and if you keep fighting/killing someone after the matches finishes you are a "bad sport", ppl just get stupid ideas about what should be courtesy but isn't a rule that needs following by all
  • bluecoco
    It wasn´t only a marksman, there were a mage and a sin as well in my first round. In the second round, there it was "just" a marksman...

< >
  • tutilake88
    tutilake88 Posts: 654 Arc User
    Simple really, they are douschebags. Same as the douschebags that insist on killing you when the match is over and rewards are being calculated. They are all douschebags but so are the ones that afk in base. So many things need fixing in FF, for example the Afk-boot after 4 stacks and maybe going too close to enemy base (I'm talking close enough that you can shoot people at spawn) should do 100k dmg per tick instead of however low it's doing.
  • dagdaoengus
    dagdaoengus Posts: 10 Arc User
    There's another problem to the spawnkill thing, putting the characters who literally climb into the safe to the side, tormentors can kill you even if they are in front of the base when you're actually INSIDE your spawn area. I know that one of their spe is meant to target a character from a very long distance but as the first case, it's not right to be spawnkill this way.
    By the way, I don't know if there's a solution to the tormentor problem but I felt the need to point it out.
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    If you are experimenting one of those 1 sided battles and your ego isn't satisfied enough by simply roflcoptering anyone in respawn with just a normal atk wrathless because you feel fragile as a 130 yo granny, then you call and summon your epic pocket priest and perm spawn kill everyone with a sadistic smile on your face while pressing countless time the same button.

This is pretty much what happens.

If you haven't pocket priest - poor boy - you have to build a proper ranged toon to spawn kill from a safe area - same smile, same button smash.

OMG, that's fun as hell! *irony tone*

The most smart and clever ones, btw, also have a fast-respawning-alt-at-your-base perm targeted to cast aoe at: free orbs, nice to kill everyone without even targeting, even more laughable sadistic smile...

-----

Too bad the ABOVE is NOT vs any rule: just another instance not keeping track of char's progressions (glance at Rift's spawn killing thread).

But while you can always argue Rift's battle has no lvl brackets, FF has: while keeping the mere 10k DoT from lvl 60 to lvl 100? Where's the smartness and the idea under it? Lazyness?

Can also call at least 10 topics concerning the fixes FF needed: from the fix to afk buff to the need of random respawn spots, the better queueing system to bugs around the flags...

-----

SADISTIC SMILERS, COME HERE!
  • unusualsuspect1
    unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    "Problem" exists for pretty much any ranged class. When you kill someone and still have them targetted as they respawn, then they will remain targetted if you're close to the base (but not even with base damage range). This then allows the ranged AoE class to just AoE the target endlessly from nearby the base until the ranged person either switches target, or is killed, usually while just on the edge of the base damage range.

A simple bug fix would be to automatically have a target be deselected upon their death.

Also, light-side awakening marksmen now get up to a 47m range on extreme sniping, which can mean that they too can target someone within the base and kill from extreme range. Glacial priests with iceblade strike can achieve up to a 28m AoE range with that skill. They can just AoE someone legitimately standing in front of their base and still hit pretty much everyone inside of the base as well.

That's all additional to the deliberate climbing up to spawn camp though.

Spawn camping in FF is just a d0uchebag move that is done by d0uchebags. Some people think that shooting fish in a barrel is fun I guess because they don't really want a real challenge, they just wanna feel powerful to compensate for their own unacknowledged inadequacies, regardless of how unfair it is to those being spawn camped.
  • dlhy1988
    dlhy1988 Posts: 139 Arc User
    #nerftormentor50mrange
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    I guess it's more a pve server (carebear ;) ) mindset to view ppl who keep killing as "douchebags". back before cross server at least on pvp servers (or just eyrda idk) because of the constant drama and hate everywhere it was customary to keep killing because youd surely get killed first if you didnt. and then cross came and some ppl went with the "common courtesy"of stopping and some kept on as they did.

sure some of those people do it just because they can or to feed their ego but sometimes you just have bad days and wanna wreck everything in sight, no need to be so hostile about it
  • dlhy1988
    amarantos said:

I guess it's more a pve server (carebear ;) ) mindset to view ppl who keep killing as "douchebags". back before cross server at least on pvp servers (or just eyrda idk) because of the constant drama and hate everywhere it was customary to keep killing because youd surely get killed first if you didnt. and then cross came and some ppl went with the "common courtesy"of stopping and some kept on as they did.

sure some of those people do it just because they can or to feed their ego but sometimes you just have bad days and wanna wreck everything in sight, no need to be so hostile about it

back before 'douchebags' was people that didnt allow you to die after the reward given :)
    because if you died after reward was given you'll have extra points ( basicly your FF points was counted twice and clear wargod in 1 go )
  • unusualsuspect1
    Most people I knew just took their gear off and suicided on the opponent base for that.
  • dlhy1988

Most people I knew just took their gear off and suicided on the opponent base for that.

yeah but when you are transform/bind by 2-3 mage and vamps you'll have hard time going to their base
  • unusualsuspect1
    dlhy1988 said:

yeah but when you are transform/bind by 2-3 mage and vamps you'll have hard time going to their base
    Jerks will always find a way to be jerks.

• nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Today i learned: eyrda is full of jerks... i mean we already knew that.

In EU it's jsut a few ragekids that continue after the fight is over.
  • gio#4911
    gio#4911 Posts: 790 Arc User
    The mindset of people in pvp or pve is quite diferent, i can understand pretty much both, played years in pvp servers in other games, when came on pve server was quite a shock because most of people had courtesy and was nice and helpfull so i learnt to respect them in a way and do the same, by the end if ur not on your confortable field u can act like a *jerk* in the pve server point of view and everyone in server will start to just ignore/exclude you until u quit, happens a lot, or u can adapt and play by their rules ^^. In a pvp one , its a war field nothing is personal, and of course people have moods, today u feel like u wana kill the entire world, next u will get called to help it, mercenary view.

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• tutilake88
    nickvv said:

I know you're not a slow learner cos I know you, but damn sis, that took you long enough xD

And yes I stand by what I said, people who continue killing people after a match is over or people who are literally killing people while they're at their base spawn (not down but up on the safezone where they're suppose to heal up and buff up) are douchebags or just people who have dysfunctional real lives really... That's what I assume anyways. Because I got my life in order, I don't live in my parent's basement or alone in a tiny little flat and I have a wonderful man who likes to bring me flowers spontaneously and maybe that's why I don't have the rage and/or need to go kill someone in the above mentioned situations even if I've had a bad day. It's meant to be a game for all of us, and it's suppose to be fun for everyone, not just he who cashes the most. So maybe we should all in fact have that common courtesy and respect one anothers feelings on this particular matter so that FF becomes enjoyable for everyone! ;)

I just go to farm my points and have some fun while the match is still going, it's actually more enjoyable for me to stop once it's over so I can have the opportunity to thank my opponent for a good fight and maybe have a quick chat and giggles instead of douchebagging all over eachother like your life depends on it, rofl.

Let's hold hands and sing Kumbaya... *fades away to bed*
  • kaiserblazer
    kaiserblazer Posts: 40 Arc User
    I complained about this issue to the guys doing it one time (spawn killing and even killing people up in spawn afking or just buffing) but apparently it made me look bad. :/ Go figure.

I personally never fight after a match ends, unless someone hits me first. I've had lots of matches where I'm fighting, match ends, we all stop and just call one another bullies. End of the day, it's just a game. Think about the fact that we're all here during our free time trying to have some fun. And if killing afks or people buffing in spawn is fun, then I guess that's a different problem altogether that I cannot fix.
  • negemaa
    negemaa Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2016

nickvv said:

I know you're not a slow learner cos I know you, but damn sis, that took you long enough xD

And yes I stand by what I said, people who continue killing people after a match is over or people who are literally killing people while they're at their base spawn (not down but up on the safezone where they're suppose to heal up and buff up) are douchebags or just people who have dysfunctional real lives really... That's what I assume anyways. Because I got my life in order, I don't live in my parent's basement or alone in a tiny little flat and I have a wonderful man who likes to bring me flowers spontaneously and maybe that's why I don't have the rage and/or need to go kill someone in the above mentioned situations even if I've had a bad day. It's meant to be a game for all of us, and it's suppose to be fun for everyone, not just he who cashes the most. So maybe we should all in fact have that common courtesy and respect one anothers feelings on this particular matter so that FF becomes enjoyable for everyone! ;)

I just go to farm my points and have some fun while the match is still going, it's actually more enjoyable for me to stop once it's over so I can have the opportunity to thank my opponent for a good fight and maybe have a quick chat and giggles instead of douchebagging all over eachother like your life depends on it, rofl.

Let's hold hands and sing Kumbaya... *fades away to bed*
    Eh I sometimes stop and sometimes when I am unhappy I go for that last kill, the reason so is that it has happen many times between the U.S servers in cross pvp that some of them will keep killing even after the match and to me I dont see too much of a issue with that but because of that, people picked up that habit and feel they deserve to get the kill they want even if it's over.

I wouldn't say it makes someone a bad players or "dysfunctional lives" in irl, we dont even know what that person intent or real life on what they could be going though base on the aspect of them killing someone when a match is over inside a game. But the mindset is different over here then where you guys are.

A overall view on this is the concept created for a "all for one" where nobody cares about the intent of the other person and that killing someone or being killed after a match is done is normal, hell I did it today I just LW someone and watched them die as soon after the match ended. Its annoying in some cases BUT I dont think its a issue to deal with cause like amantine said there isn't a rule where one should stop.

I mean you could say i am those "DoucheBags" but at the end of the day, what a person does to you after match shouldnt be be judged on their irl or who they are as people, some people I know are just bloodthirsty for battle and wont stop tbh lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pinkette1#7450
    pinkette1#7450 Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    i have people insulting me all game when i "camp" a flag. I dont even know why i should not do it but for many, its bad to protect a flag and good to run around like headless chicken: i m blue i flag, oh next flag is red, lets all go there, oh while we run their, the flag we just took just went back red, ok lets all run back...

i dont spawn camp, but dont care if i am : if my all team cant get out of base i just think that our team is not as strong in pvp as the other. And guess what ; ff is a pvp event :open_mouth:

and if people want a fight when its over, i will fight back without problem. And if i get kill while im thanking people in chat, i dont give a **** cause i can res for free, and dont loose anything :dizzy:

one more thing : they did change something in ff cause china had same issue with base camp, flag protection, or kill after the game : clever blair! they could have change the map, they could have change the base buff or debuff, but no, they create clever blair. Problem for dev isnt the one paying to be op and enjoying it, but instead the one raging and insulting them.

I will even add that frustration and overpower are a key for any pay to win mmo : the one frustrated tend to pay more to finally kill the one frustrating them, the op is happy to pay and continue to pay more cause he can see the result. Like it or not, its a fact
    Hebergeur d'image
  • tutilake88
    I'm just glad on EU-cross server, most of the time people stop when it's over. But ofc, there is always that one tard that will come in and kill people even though it's blatantly clear that people stopped fighting... lel... But yeah that's not even the real tragedy, it's the fact that some chars are able to kill people up in the safe zone while they're trying to heal and buff up, that's what the main problem is. Anyways the inbalance between medium CS to non CSer and the massive CSers is insane, unless you're a massive CSer pvp in this game won't be fun for you and I pretty much made my peace with that and moved onto playing another game mainly. I only log on to do my weeklies and bosses now so that if in case they fix their **** in the future I can come back and my toon won't be horribly behind.
  • divinityscarlet
    divinityscarlet Posts: 63 Arc User
    dlhy1988 said:

#nerftormentor50mrange

You know, I didn't consider this until I was on an alt char that got basecamped by a tormentor standing below my base just hitting people with its long range. People will QQ about those that go inside other's base, but the logic is the same as a tormentor who can target everyone standing in enemy base and kill them from down there.

I'd haul myself into that tormentor's base too and spawncamp everything, not because I'm being a jerk, but because if another class can use their range to basecamp me, I can use my pro climbing skills to say hello too.

• senrin
    "to say hello too" THAT made my day XD

HELLOOO?!! *kills*

ANYBOBY HEEEREEE? *stabs*

GOT TEA? *slays*

XD XD XD
  • dlhy1988

Anyways the inbalance between medium CS to non CSer and the massive CSers is insane, unless you're a massive CSer pvp in this game won't be fun for you

if massive cser would be a monarch++ then i'm far from beeing one and i still can give them hard time in pvp
    a friend of mine is like R4-6 in cs ( so he dont even have the bank ) have a really good bard with gold neck/ring boots and have more mast/resistance than me and guess what ? he's #1 lv100 all server.

massive cser can get whatever they want faster but at the end we will all be at the same lvl right ? you cant pay for get lv500 masteries right ?

• senrin
    Sir, you're wrong.

Your friend is a cashers, sure little tiny one but still one of them.

The fact he was 1st lvl 100 doesn't mean anything, besides the fact he had dedication to lvl up.

You must be naive thinking just masteries is what a casher can have. What about Anima, Relic, rare runes, max energy? Just few of them.

Tbh almost every top cser with top toon already left, so do not try comparing...

And NO, stop already the "my friends is that can do that top here top there ****", we're not 10 yo bros... QQ
  • dlhy1988
    edited April 2016
    senrin said:

Sir, you're wrong.

Your friend is a cashers, sure little tiny one but still one of them.

The fact he was 1st lvl 100 doesn't mean anything, besides the fact he had dedication to lvl up.

You must be naive thinking just masteries is what a casher can have. What about Anima, Relic, rare runes, max energy? Just few of them.

Tbh almost every top cser with top toon already left, so do not try comparing...

And NO, stop already the "my friends is that can do that top here top there ****", we're not 10 yo bros... QQ

something called FARM and when fw give us stupid event it helps a lot right ?
    anima > you get 10k/pts total just with soul coin
    relic event. lol
    rare runes ? max energy ? for adv get a guild for normal farm and event. have enought diams to buy them ( or having friends that helping aswell )

what shouldnt i try comparing ? what is a top cser with top toon that left you're talking about ? ^^

btw talking about rune you can now buy rune maker with soul leaf
  • bluecoco
    So back to topic: Domino, have you an official answer for this "problem"?

< >
  • senrin
    dlhy1988 said:

you get 10k/pts total just with soul coin
    relic event. lol
    rare runes ? max energy ? for adv get a guild for normal farm and event. have enought diams to buy them ( or having friends that helping aswell )

what shouldnt i try comparing ? what is a top cser with top toon that left you're talking about ? ^^

btw talking about rune you can now buy rune maker with soul leaf
    Some features are FREEMIUM, so can't deny a scrub can't even compare to top cashers, just simple as it sounds. Like Anima being CAPPED to half the max points and the Item needed to upgraded (+1, but still...) need cs tier too.

The "smth called capitalised" farm you wrote just kills you by boredomness: do you have a life? o_0

The FW stupid event you called used to reward everyone, but due to some ppl having 75 accounts and spamming logins they are NO more working (30m afkness yeah) so no points: used to work, ty to those it won't anymore.

That bard you spoke - seems more like you're a fanboy, really - must be a certain H...., who already stated (in a topic insta deleted) he got close to a decent amount of maximisation due to logins, but the point is: DO NOT COMPARE PPL, we're not 10 yoers.

The fact almost everyone just says there's too much imba between csers tiers and scrubs while you're the only one (almost) stating the opposite makes me think you just want to troll and put the bait on...
  • pinkette1#7450
    pinkette1#7450 Posts: 344 Arc User
    XD no he s not talking about haff but bigbossM, and he s clearly not a fanboy but just giving an exemple of a succesfull pvp char that isnt a massive cser. nothing more, nothing less

and believe me, he s the fanboy of nobody (exept maybe himself XD) as he is probably the best pvp char in shylia (and one of the best in eu xserver) since ages.

but we are clearly off topic now^^
    Hebergeur d'image
  • dlhy1988
    senrin are you intelligent ?
    1st the bard in question is #1 in XP all server so if you dont even know who is it stop right here it's not a certain H or i dont know who the f... is

30afkness if you play 24h you could do a lot :)

and the bard is in my guild and fanboy? lmao i'm killing him with my alt lv20res with good gear and rune and skill but he got a top lv pvp char for the amount he put in the game so smth like 200? lol

if you are just a noob that QQ about cs then you shouldnt have go on a pay2win
    btw i dont even know who you are lol

but if cs means everything then i wouldnt be able to kill a monarch right ? too op too strong too much cash?

should we bet that any good player can beat someone having 5time more cash?
    a good player it's not only someone that know how to play his class it's how he build his char aswell