test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HRD Mobs bugging out

Doing HRD as I do, and I find myself often yelling out "Why are you not dead yet?!" to some random mob, and historically I've just laughed it off as the mob inheriting Neo like crit-dodge, or maybe I positioned poorly, or whatever.

Today I took a closer look and found that at times mobs obtain invulnerability, almost as if hit with a dark bonds spell, or worse, even while whacking on them, they will stop taking damage, then slowly regen a bit, and only after 15s or so will they resume taking damage.

At first I thought it was the Princess's Web Attack, so I removed all her attack points and re-entered HRD, but could see the same thing happening.

I'm an MM, I don't have any dark bonds like effects. My pet has mana leech and life leech only, so I know it's not my pet doing it.
I can reset the room, and then I don't see it happen, so it doesn't appear to be any inherent ability of the mobs.

Needless to say, this is extremely frustrating. It does it randomly. It really is interfering with my PvE enjoyment of the game and the challenge of it to set the best possible score when randomly some mob(s) go all "god mode" for no reason for a while.

Anyone else noticed this? Any ideas? Or is this just "EFF DOUBLE YOU" in action again?

Comments

• amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    my guildmate has mentioned this happening to him several times while doing hr (vampire), while i have never experienced it myself. the only time mobs freeze on me is when they kill my pet and dont switch target. i tend to not have my pet summoned in a room until all mobs have spawned.
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    It may be the pet, but also may not. One mob had the princess targetted, and then just stopped in its tracks about 3m from her. It still had her targetted. I was wailing on it with AoEs for about 15s before it started to take damage (everything else in the room was dead by the time it started taking damage).

You may be right though. It's possible that the pet merely dying is enough to cause the issue even though the mobs don't have it targetted. I'll experiment with that more.

Thanks for the suggestion.
  • miciocicciomiciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    Well, the pet getting killed 100% make mobs that killed it invulnerable for a while, used to happen to me aswell, guess same may happen if the npc die but not sure about that.

Scorpioluca
  • dlhy1988dlhy1988 Posts: 139 Arc User
    if mobs kill your pet at first he'll reset so he'll be invu for like 5-10sec

it's bcause the mob reset
    just like a boss or whatever right ? if you kill and boss dont have anything arround for target he'll just reset and start healing himself you cant engage him at the same moment he'll take no damage right ? that's the same

and also during 20-30 room their is so much bug map ( mob will go in the floor and all ) that make same immune for a few secs when they cross it mob dont have crit dodge but do have crit def
    i'm going in HRD with 100 %cc so i can confirm that then dont have crit dodge at all
    edited April 2016
    Sorry but after seeing a slash storm dont crit ONCE in all 3 hits during DU i can confirm mobs in hr and deep got crit dodge too (and it's quite annoying when you clear all waves in 1 combo and the last fking mob take 7 hits with no crits lol, ok without DU i only got 69,5%, still is lame).

Unless you're a wr too so doring your DU you get 200%.

Scorpioluca
    It's them "eff double you" percentages I tells ya!
  • pinkette1#7450 pinkette1 Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    he is a dwarf and he does hr with 100% crit all the time. He does only crits. Same for me when i get a cc pray, i have 100%, i do only crits. So either the mob has 5% crit dodge and we are lucky enought to never miss a crit, or they dont have crit dodge at all
    Hebergeur d'image
    Yu're a mm too? but then maybe can be mm got a "good bug" like Aegis got for pve tenacity.

Cuz, sue me, i got 140% with DU and defo not all hits are crits when i use it lmao.

Scorpioluca

i dont think so lol my war got about 100% with DU
    i never missed a 100 % crit on room like 49 or on boss
  • chandra2chandra2 Posts: 10 Arc User
    I'm a priest and I've noticed this happening as well. The one that caught my attention initially is room 5. My first attack on the first dino that spawns will do damage and get the mob agro on me. As soon as the mob turns to run towards me, it's hp will reset (go to 100% full) and the mob will go invincible for a few seconds. Neither my demon nor my pet dies in that time frame. The mob just goes full-stop, heals and stares at me. This happens in multiple rooms. The damage healing is not just a small percentage either so can't be explained by simple hp regeneration. I've seen upwards of 50% of their total hp regen instantly.
    chandra2 said:

I'm a priest and I've noticed this happening as well. The one that caught my attention initially is room 5. My first attack on the first dino that spawns will do damage and get the mob agro on me. As soon as the mob turns to run towards me, it's hp will reset (go to 100% full) and the mob will go invincible for a few seconds. Neither my demon nor my pet dies in that time frame. The mob just goes full-stop, heals and stares at me. This happens in multiple rooms. The damage healing is not just a small percentage either so can't be explained by simple hp regeneration. I've seen upwards of 50% of their total hp regen instantly.

ok that's another things
    in HR mobs spawn without buff
    will get buff after 2-3 sec that'll heal them to full HP.

@scorpioluca well man i guess i know what happened to you.
    if you kill the target mob with a double triple hit with the first two shot other mob will not get the last hit because the skill will stop casting

i thought one day that some mob got crit dodge aswell and tested it by stacking like 50mob on me and target a boss then tested a 100+% crit oneshot for test if my aoe was trully no restricted in number and that mob dont have crit dodge at all.
    i used a single shot aoe and cleared them all ( mob was counted bcause of quest ya know. )

like i said some skill do have target limit you have to count this things too

• amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    theres gotta be some small base crit dodge on mobs, not alot but enough. dont really pay attention when using du well over 100% cc but assaulting gives +40%cc + 65.5% regular cc =105.5% and still see some non crits (not anima)

dang mms must just be lucky
    amarantos said:

theres gotta be some small base crit dodge on mobs, not alot but enough. dont really pay attention when using du well over 100% cc but assaulting gives +40%cc + 65.5% regular cc =105.5% and still see some non crits (not anima)

dang mms must just be lucky

their is no gurantee that the dyos bonus applies on more than x amount of hits

like burning rage will give bonus atk to 3 spell
    when double shot will give atk to 5 atk
    the description said next 3/5 atk wich is similar but give totally different effects
    Cant quote for some strange reason but nvm, anyway.

Thx for telling me that if slash storm kill his target on first hit other 2 hits dont happen at all, never noticed in last years i played wr ;3

And maybe i didnt explained well enough, i seen the damage of all 3 hits of slash storm (and was on 1 of the boss dont recall which one lol) and NONE of them was a crit (and i was wtf!), was quite a while ago but even so had a bare minimun of 110 cc with DU.

Beside, according to your logic then i should get always exact same acclaim each room and all mobs should die together since i wait a lot for DU cd, things that dont happen at all.

But nvm, anyway topic wasnt even YOUR cc (that we know cuz read about your 100% cc in lot of other places rofl) but mobs that when lose targets go invulnerable.

Scorpioluca
    already said what happen
    bug map
    kill pet
    kill rose
    reset to 100%hp is something regular on all mob in HRD
    if you keep reading all post you'll be able to understand how now
    yeah i got 100%cc :) umad.

well anyway if you slash 200mob/weak in HRD and you didnt noticed those stop bot or whatever ....
  • gitshrekt#8600 gitshrekt Posts: 37 Arc User
    so what if I killed mobs in hrd5 pet alive n stuff but then mobs just res ?
    enlighten me pls

so what if I killed mobs in hrd5 pet alive n stuff but then mobs just res ?
    enlighten me pls

just another mob pop ?
  • blacklejablackleja Posts: 17 Arc User
    Used to have some bs in some rooms where the mobs turned around and just ran away... Maybe they left the stove on god knows.
    dlhy1988 said:

yeah i got 100%cc

100+% CC, 100% of the time?

in hrd yeah
  • conterkillerconterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    dlhy1988 said:

in hrd yeah

why in HRD yeah? what does HRD have special that gets u to 100% CC 24/7?

• pinkette1#7450 pinkette1 Posts: 344 Arc User
    not sure, maybe only place he goes full buff :D
    Hebergeur d'image
  • gitshrekt#8600 gitshrekt Posts: 37 Arc User
    it was first mob and it's only 1 then when it "died" just res in that place so not new mobs yo

edited April 2016

it was first mob and it's only 1 then when it "died" just res in that place so not new mobs yo

If you kill the mobs before they can apply their buff, they will reset, or even resurrect, when the game gets around to applying their self-buff. Seems to be a HRD "special". Doesn't happen in normal HR.

Don't ask why. It;s just FW. It's not meant to make sense.

HRD is just all round buggy.

dlhy1988 said:

in hrd yeah

why in HRD yeah? what does HRD have special that gets u to 100% CC 24/7?
    bcause i'm 100%cc buffed
    i'm not running with contact maxed nor reaper buff
    but well i'll be at 98-99 as soon as i get my licence and if i do 2 little things i'll be at 100+ that could be good in pvp but well i have no damage so i'm aiming for more crit dmg <<