Temple Of Disciples

negemaa
negemaa Posts: 71 Arc User
I am wanting to ask for the servers who beat it, how easy it is to get though the instance now after doing it a few times or so including last boss? so far my server (Eryda) hasn't beaten it and hopefully one day to go back in it to attempt to try it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

• tutilake88
    tutilake88 Posts: 654 Arc User
    I was in the raid that beat normal and hardmode for the first time across all servers. And we have been regularly doing normal mode ever since then.

Let's just say you'd have to bribe me 200 Souldia in advance to make me go hardmode again. :p

But normal mode is really easy now, if you can gather people who don't bot, speak good English and actually listen to commands. Which I admit is hard to find when you need 18 people. But VS is pretty good at organizing people. I'm not very good with making guide videos on youtube or so but maybe I can convince him to make one. Then I can just link it here. :)
  • negemaa
    edited April 2016

I was in the raid that beat normal and hardmode for the first time across all servers. And we have been regularly doing normal mode ever since then.

Let's just say you'd have to bribe me 200 Souldia in advance to make me go hardmode again. :p

But normal mode is really easy now, if you can gather people who don't bot, speak good English and actually listen to commands. Which I admit is hard to find when you need 18 people. But VS is pretty good at organizing people. I'm not very good with making guide videos on youtube or so but maybe I can convince him to make one. Then I can just link it here. :)

That would, be nice of him to do so, because I envy people (no pun intended) who defeated the last boss, so far i don't think ik anyone in my server who is motivated to beat it, and i would like too understand it more and how it works well only last boss would be nice to understand fully.
  • skypea88
    skypea88 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    There are few raids on Illyfue that complete Temple of Disciples normal mode every week. I think everyone has its own way of going last boss.
    One important thing in my opinion is to have enough and good heals. We have 2 parties composed by 1 priest + 1 light bard + 1 wind bard + 3 DD. In the 3rd party we have 2 prots + 3 mages + 1 priest. We found it the best raid setting to not die when the fog starts spreading cus prots use rocky, mages use ice barrier (that has 0 cd with Trinity) and one wind bard uses Tide to increase heals' cast speed and effects.
    We start killing the boss with one prot tanking until he gets the debuff that you should give to another one to not die: our prot simply uses rocky when the debuff is about to end so he doesn't die and debuff is gone forever (also priest primal soul works). At boss' 86% HP we run back to wall (very very against the wall) and suddenly the "watch your step" message appear: you have to be at wall if you want to avoid those mobs to spawn and kill everyone.
    From that point is just "boss-wall-boss": everyone goes to boss, attack a bit and goes back to wall, boss say "watch your step" and when it lifts his hands up you can go back to boss and start over again wall-boss-wall-boss.
    Pets must be off to not call mobs when "watch your step". If mob appear ONLY A BARD SLEEPS THE MOB AND NOONE ATTACK OR TOUCH IT: it will disappear after a while.
    FOG: it pops up when boss HP is 79,99%, 59,99%, 39,99%, 19,99%, 9,99% and does sh1oads of damage.
    Main problem is when you have fog + heal debuff that affects random people near the boss. Heal debuff appears every 2 "watch your step" messages tho so we just stop attacking boss when his HP is 81,61,41,21,11 and we move to wall waiting for heal debuff (it takes 1-2 mins). Right after heal debuff message is gone and IF the boss lifted his hands up, only light and wind bards go to boss, lower the hp enough to make the fog spawn and run back to wall where everyone is waiting. Super iper mega heal moment during fog (tide+ice barrier+rocky) and done, you can start the wall-boss dance again until next fog.
    We are doing it like this every week now with no one dying but probably there are different ways of doing it that work too.
    You just have to gather enough people that don't rage quit after a couple of tries. It took everyone a lot of time and deaths to find the best way to finish it.
    Patience + cooperation + great heals and you can do it!

Maybe I'll try make a video too next week so you can watch different raids doing it and find your own best way of killing that boss.

Ps: sorry for the text wall
  • negemaa
    skypea88 said:

There are few raids on Illyfue that complete Temple of Disciples normal mode every week. I think everyone has its own way of going last boss.

One important thing in my opinion is to have enough and good heals. We have 2 parties composed by 1 priest + 1 light bard + 1 wind bard + 3 DD. In the 3rd party we have 2 prots + 3 mages + 1 priest. We found it the best raid setting to not die when the fog starts spreading cus prots use rocky, mages use ice barrier (that has 0 cd with Trinity) and one wind bard uses Tide to increase heals' cast speed and effects.

We start killing the boss with one prot tanking until he gets the debuff that you should give to another one to not die: our prot simply uses rocky when the debuff is about to end so he doesn't die and debuff is gone forever (also priest primal soul works). At boss' 86% HP we run back to wall (very very against the wall) and suddenly the "watch your step" message appear: you have to be at wall if you want to avoid those mobs to spawn and kill everyone.

From that point is just "boss-wall-boss": everyone goes to boss, attack a bit and goes back to wall, boss say "watch your step" and when it lifts his hands up you can go back to boss and start over again wall-boss-wall-boss.

Pets must be off to not call mobs when "watch your step". If mob appear ONLY A BARD SLEEPS THE MOB AND NOONE ATTACK OR TOUCH IT: it will disappear after a while.

FOG: it pops up when boss HP is 79,99%, 59,99%, 39,99%, 19,99%, 9,99% and does sh1oads of damage.

Main problem is when you have fog + heal debuff that affects random people near the boss. Heal debuff appears every 2 "watch your step" messages tho so we just stop attacking boss when his HP is 81,61,41,21,11 and we move to wall waiting for heal debuff (it takes 1-2 mins). Right after heal debuff message is gone and IF the boss lifted his hands up, only light and wind bards go to boss, lower the hp enough to make the fog spawn and run back to wall where everyone is waiting. Super iper mega heal moment during fog (tide+ice barrier+rocky) and done, you can start the wall-boss dance again until next fog.

We are doing it like this every week now with no one dying but probably there are different ways of doing it that work too.

You just have to gather enough people that don't rage quit after a couple of tries. It took everyone a lot of time and deaths to find the best way to finish it.

Maybe I'll try make a video too next week so you can watch different raids doing it and find your own best way of killing that boss.

This is a really good explanation, i like it and don't worry about lol, I found this very informative thank you very much. The rocky for the prots is really a good idea if i do say so myself when it comes to the debuff, and btw what are the pools around the room?
  • tutilake88
    negemaa said:

skypea88 said:

This is a really good explanation, i like it and don't worry about lol, I found this very informative thank you very much. The rocky for the prots is really a good idea if i do say so myself when it comes to the debuff, and btw what are the pools around the room?
    Those pools are irrelevant, I'm sure they have the same purpose the wall does but running to the wall is simply safer because of the adds that spawn. What she posted, the way they do it, is really really good!!! I like it a lot. I'll see if I can convince nabsin VS to make a video though we do get fatalities xD so I'd go with her method.
  • siraelchan
    siraelchan Posts: 33 Arc User
    The pools do have purpose but only with perfect timing; standing in pool dispels fog :) So, yes, there is purpose but due to mob spawning it is safer to outheal the 30k bleed.

Unlike stated before, it is not every 2nd "watch your steps", it is every ~90 seconds after boss has been started. Also, depending on damage of the raid itself boss can be done as follows: Go to 80%, run to wall, heal, go to 70%, run to wall, wait heal debuff to pass (also for LoS to be available if used), to 60%... and so on. Otherwise same tactic and same guidelines as stated before but more suitable for raid with damage to do so. Biggest limiting factor to how much damage you can do is the 30 sec time between Watch your steps :)

Overall, 3rd boss is easiest yet does cause issues due to mechanics. Raid can be formed in many different ways: raid I am in has aegis warr as tank with prot taking the curse, 2 light bards and 4 priests one of which is glacial. So just go and try and see what happens :)

And Sheep, get VS to record it! I wanna see how you guys run it :3

<| Light Bard | Illyfue | The right side of wrong |>
  • muleonly
    muleonly Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Here is a guide I made for the guild including all bosses. Translated it from china forum.

Team composition: 2 Tanks, 6-7 Heals, DPS on leftover spots
    2 Tanks: Aegis War/Marble Prot prefered.
    6-7 Healers: Ideal would be 1x Blood vamp, 1-2 Light Bards, 3-4 Priests. BV is great for healing main tank, light bards for the dots, & priests to shield tanks.
    DPS: Prefer high dps champ set build.

First Boss:
    Make sure to turn your effects on before engaging the boss.
    Once boss is engaged, big blue X will start flying around the map (each touch hits 30k), just dodge them/move out of their way.
    Have the main tank to hold the aggro facing away of the main group. (Look at the picture attached for an ideal positioning)
    Things to note for Tanks: Keep an eye on the white shield debuff like FHOF final boss, swap aggros when the debuff hits a stack of 3-5 depending on your hp.
    When your name is called boss will cast a beam on you, please move away from group so the beam won't be hitting everyone. Don't go out of priests' heal range either unless you want to die. Return to the group once the beam is over and continue DPS.
    (Note: Beam hits for 30-40k so move quickly and if priest can't heal fast enough, pop your survival skills: iceshield, rocky etc)
    Boss casts his skill when his hp hits 80% 60% 40% 20% & 10%, you will notice a bright glow under him and after 10 seconds, he will deal 50-60k dmg per sec on everyone.
    When the boss's hp hit those threshold, everyone other than the tank needs to run towards spawned sword circles that heals for 50k almost every second. (There will be 2 spawns on random nearby spots when he starts casting so follow your group if you are bad at turning your camera around.)
    You can just tank Xs when they come your way as long as the sword circle is up. Head back to boss once his skill is over and continue dps. Rinse and repeat.

Second Boss:
    Note: There are three bosses here. Their skill will not transfer upon death but they will all respawn upon wipes.
    We will be doing the bosses one by one starting with blade. Before starting the boss we will have to seperate the teams first. The pullers need to make sure they are as far as they can from the main group. (Look at the picture attached for an ideal positioning)
    Assign a divine priest to hold the poison boss(spawns west of the map) and pull him further west. Keep yourself healed and move around a line when you get poisoned, it will work as long as you don't get close to anyone. Your survival is essential for this strategy to work.
    Assign a heavy armor(war prefered) to the Mana boss(spawns north of the map) and pull him further north. Make sure not to dps the boss hp over 95% the whole fight. The puller should have his pet out to leech his MP the whole time.
    (Note: Our war was able to tank solo but assign a heal to him if he can't tank without heals)
    Stay southeast of the map and have the Main Tank pull Blade(spawns east of the map) towards the group.
    If possible everyone should use a MP regen food before fight starts and MP flood potion helps alot too.

Blade
    Just like the first boss fight, tanks need to keep an eye out for the white shield debuff and swap aggro now and then.
    Everytime the boss hp goes down by 20%, he will spawn rotating blades like axes from Specter Island's first boss. They do 12k dmg each second so make sure to dodge them. While dodging please do not run anywhere close to the poison boss or you will risk killing the raid.
    Note: Bleed immune skills works on the blades, such as bards' chorus of wind.
    Note: There is a spot on southeast corner platform that blades hardly spawn so people can stack there.

Poison
    Once Blade is down, have the priest pull the poison boss over to south and let the main tank take over. Tanks do not have to swap aggro on this boss.
    Keep an eye out for a poison debuff on the raid. The holder of debuff will spawn a poison circle every 2 seconds and this debuff last about 30 seconds. Run in a line around the outer circle so you don't spawn the poison all over the place.
    Note: Boss may cast the debuff on more than one person so please becareful on how the debuff holders run. Move slowly so the poison have no gaps in between.

Mana
    After taking two of the other boss down, everyone spawn their pet and start MP leeching him. Only DPS him past 95% after his mana bar is empty.
    Around 90-95% he will regen his MP, and if he doesn't burn the raid's mana everyone can just bot.
    If he do burn mana, he will drain 2k MP every seconds. Priest have to time their MP regen well. Keep elf's racial skill for when priest mana runs low. Players that are not level 100 can use exp books etc to heal their MP instantly during the fight.
    DPS as fast as possible, when everyone is drained it will be very hard for dps to cast any skills and priests to heal.
    Boss will use dart on someone from time to time and will usually hit for around 70k, there shouldn't be any problem healing that back up.

Final Boss:
    Most people won't be able to take this boss and if its a world chat raid you can pretty much stop right here. It would be helpful to have a leader telling everyone what to do with TS/RC.
    Before starting please turn off all pets or this strategy will fail.
    Every 42 second or so after boss starts, there will be a "Please watch your step" notification. Everyone needs to run to the wall in the direction where you teleport in from. If done right this will stop all mob from spawning, taking one headache out of the way.
    One thing to note for all healers, the boss do a Heal debuff on every 2 wave of mobs (92 seconds), each priest alternate to shield the tank during the debuff and make sure not to heal or you will kill the tank. I believe the debuff shows up on the tank and not on yourself so look carefully.
    Boss will do a debuff on a random person in raid like Tenebra Mines second boss. Instead of becoming a moss like in TM, the chosen person will gain a new skill to be used on someone else(Try to use it on dps as tanks/priest have alot on their plate already) in the raid before the debuff countdowns to 0. You will not lose the debuff but the countdown will reset, just use the skill again when the timer goes close to 0. The person infected will have to do the same thing as well throughout the fight.
    Note: Speed buff is definitely needed if the raid is running when notification pops. If there is someone in raid timing it with a stopwatch, start running around 37 second mark.
    Everyone should have their camera facing the boss at the wall, once the boss's hands are fully raised up to the sky, run back to your position to tank/dps/heal.
    Just like Boss 1, take note of the boss hp. When his hp reach 81% everyone stop DPS and run towards the wall. If mobs are spawning soon just stand back till its over, and have only team one from the raid to dps the boss past 80% and run back to wall right after.
    Priest should start spamming their aoe before his hp go past 80% at the wall for the 30k dot(Light bards would be really helpful here). This debuff dot last about 20 seconds, and if mobs are spawning soon after the debuff just wait till its passed before running back to the boss to DPS.
    This debuff happens when boss hp reaches 80% 60% 40% 20% & 10% just like the first boss skill. So plan ahead, rinse and repeat.

• unusualsuspect1
    unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Team rope jump

Stopped playing Final Fantasy 14 for exactly that reason. Every end game instance was a team rope jump, and it wasn't fun. One person messes up? Sorry, you'll just have to wipe and try again.

At least in FF14 you didn't get trashed gear from wiping. Not FW though. FW will wipe you endlessly, trash your gear, and then make you pay real money to get it repaired.
    Post edited by unusualsuspect1 on
  • skypea88
    skypea88 Posts: 76 Arc User

Go to 80%, run to wall, heal, go to 70%, run to wall, wait heal debuff to pass (also for LoS to be available if used), to 60%... and so on. Otherwise same tactic and same guidelines as stated before but more suitable for raid with damage to do so. Biggest limiting factor to how much damage you can do is the 30 sec time between Watch your steps :)

The first tries we were focusing on damage, doing like you said but maybe we weren't lucky, or just not properly focused and we kept dying over and over. The way we do now seems to be safer and as I said, we kill it at first try every week with no deaths so it's perfect for our raid. We do not lack damage, prolly we have even too much for that boss ;)
    Also, for those that are trying it for first times.. Be carefull with burn effects when u are close to fog HP.. We got wiped a few times cus mages' burn lowered the boss' HP too much and we weren't ready for fog xD

• tutilake88
    We just finished a hideous run but VS will post it anyway. x'D

Good luck understanding anything from that chaos tho... I was dual clienting which is bad for me cos ppl know I suck balls at multitasking. Lol :3
  • nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    Well just had a very messy run, at least it shows u how to not do it :) (Will be uploaded from healer and dps/off tank perspective) @ signature
  • negemaa

The pools do have purpose but only with perfect timing; standing in pool dispels fog :) So, yes, there is purpose but due to mob spawning it is safer to outheal the 30k bleed.

Unlike stated before, it is not every 2nd "watch your steps", it is every ~90 seconds after boss has been started. Also, depending on damage of the raid itself boss can be done as follows: Go to 80%, run to wall, heal, go to 70%, run to wall, wait heal debuff to pass (also for LoS to be available if used), to 60%... and so on. Otherwise same tactic and same guidelines as stated before but more suitable for raid with damage to do so. Biggest limiting factor to how much damage you can do is the 30 sec time between Watch your steps :)

Overall, 3rd boss is easiest yet does cause issues due to mechanics. Raid can be formed in many different ways: raid I am in has aegis warr as tank with prot taking the curse, 2 light bards and 4 priests one of which is glacial. So just go and try and see what happens :)

And Sheep, get VS to record it! I wanna see how you guys run it :3

I always thought the pools had a reason but like its almost impossible to use them wit the mobs, so like thats why someone said there glitched and that reason is why we gotta run to the wall. Overall i hope that is the case since for ever percentage gotta run back and forth to the wall.

negemaa said:

skypea88 said:

Those pools are irrelevant, I'm sure they have the same purpose the wall does but running to the wall is simply safer because of the adds that spawn. What she posted, the way they do it, is really really good!!! I like it a lot. I'll see if I can convince nabsin VS to make a video though we do get fatalities xD so I'd go with her method.

I do wish the pools did work as it is intended of them, and not having to do all that running. At first i assumed that the pools kill those adds as well by running around in them lol
  • tutilake88
    negemaa said:

I do wish the pools did work as it is intended of them, and not having to do all that running. At first i assumed that the pools kill those adds as well by running around in them lol

Oh I wish... xD

But yeah we performed horribly today, I was watching an X Factor Rude Constestants Compilation on youtube the whole time. Rofl...
  • zaolin252
    zaolin252 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    hmm all in all it's more dangerous to go in the cave for dispell the dott than keeping at the wall and heal against that 30k dott

the adds who spawn after the dott caused of "watch your steps" are in the NM able to get sleep/stunn/bind etc
    but in the HM that's not possible and the adds are living longer ... 42s untill the next adds will spawn !!

And not everyone has a lightbard to revive

So that's why my groupe is going to the wall all the 80.5/60.5/40.5/20.5/10.5 % and keep there, waiting for "Watch your Steps" and send the mages to the front after it, they take the HP down to 79.9% etc and come back to the groupe
    if they got antiheal the ice barrier will handle it to keep them alive

all priests, bloodyvamps and lightbards are healing and that's it (but you need 1 extremly very strong healer or 2 medium one for it per groupe ... or 1 per groupe and a bloodyvamp and waiting for feast everytime^^)

it's probably better to show you our HM run, because of the herostack the boss will get and hit the tank 100k-200k (and more if you'll take to much time) but it's every friday and i don't know if i can record it^^

NOTICE:
    the boss is getting sometimes closer to the wall, if he's at the external ring he's surrounded by (the golden one) you schould go in one corner of the wall, that's some meter further away so you'll get time, otherway the adds will spawn at the wall as well !!
    Post edited by zaolin252 on
    Xartagos - Lightbard - Dyos

i have no secound tree, i have only the light one, don't ask again ....