test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Turn Realms 2 and 5 into PvP on the PvE servers

thenamesdominothenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
To address issues that have been reported with Lost City, Crucible, EB's and Elementals in our PvE servers, we are considering changing the instanced realms 2 and 5 into PvP . We have not yet decided on anything, but we are giving you the opportunity to voice your opinions.

Turn Realms 2 and 5 into PvP on the PvE servers 516 votes

Yes, turn Realms 2 and 5 into PvP
40%
mitza24xioreaperesthersnowbeargio#4911gabriellakazarisharmeshamwypasionymavip4ncorownscherrie19darklineworldamarantosbotzlombewitamin1907fruksoda2galadhwen23andraste43azariel13altfalcon07flamepheonix21 210 votes
No, please don't turn the realms into PvP
49%
shakayra1sheliandraforsakenone195jinxykatduanhuanginfamous628mclarenskyeltutu666minachangenoneilaceosaurusangelheadrmnchkshadowishepicbardiieviiixtugceku88maiel1calygothlyrainegoddess 256 votes
Let's explore other options...
9%
peepfreak6tomycro0kuukamibuffybombmisshibanjanklylaccerskyenderterrancethehaterhalo2mfansirjirjoelleyblesswavejjisawsome#7718arwen822screamingmarauderisonnysonny21sdrunkbastarduptownlala 50 votes

Comments

• vampire#2790 vampire Posts: 374 Arc User
    reasons people chose pve servers was not to have pvp, and turning those realms into pvp bad for people who don't want to do pvp. Better to make a seperate realm, called realm 11, and enable pvp on there o/
    Check out and subscribe to Vamp's YouTube channel! A new video every week, least until Vamp runs out of content o/
  • banker7banker7 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Just realm 2 pvp - leave realm 5 as is
  • sirjirsirjir Posts: 114 Arc User
    The events do have issues, admittedly, exclusive to PVE but I think making realm-wide changes would open a can of worms and potential issues we'd rather not deal with. I'm curious what other fixes could be done instead to prevent the bots and such that I'm banking is the big issue for some stuff.
    Iolar - Level 100 Assassin of Lionheart's Avatar

• aamaya2015aamaya2015 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Been waiting for a pvp realm would make this game more enjoyable in my opinion!
  • ryu278ryu278 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Great idea. Time to hunt those clickers in LC and Crucible.
  • legendpvelegendpve Posts: 73 Arc User
    Or just merge all servers, we get a ton of active players, make only 2 realms pvp. Everybody's happy. \o/
    rYqpf46.png
    Leitner - Defense Buff Protector of Storm.
  • azariel13azariel13 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Personally I'd love for this to happen, it would save the game, but only if you included server merges with it XD
    Otherwise due to the various new requirements on EB/Ele/etc, most guilds would just keep current deals and avoid fighting since they don't have the numbers for proper competition otherwise.
    Would also need to consider fixing times back (which should never have been changed) as that would lessen numbers even more, PVP EB would take a fair bit longer and times are already too late for many.

So although I'm personally eagerly voting yes, it probably wouldn't work well without additional changes.
  • fwooshefwooshe Posts: 72 Arc User
    I do agree something needs to be done with the zones. But before you do that...how about actually adressing the issues on those events for pve servers? First of all, why do elemental bosses give a unremovable debuff so we can only do 1 per raid?
    Second...on smaller servers like ours, why do the 85 bosses have such a huge requirement of players. Do u realise that most guilds log 3 alts to unlock them? Lets take the 95 bosses...once u participate in a fight with those bosses, you basicly cannot do anything else for the entire evening after in the open world. U have 1hp. Another problem with it, the loot inside the guild base. It can get stolen.
    Fix those issues first, make the game more enjoyable. Give us more login events WITHOUT 30 min wait times, give us an INITIATIVE to play the game and then make such changes, which will bring even more problems to an already on-edge community.
    I agree, that pvp needs to be enabled ASAP in lost city and crucible. But the other events such as Zodiac bosses and Elemental bosses, first fix the issues with them. Theres loot issues with the twin bosses, theres debuff bug with elemental bosses, theres huge requirement for the twins. Like...FIX the stuff, make the game more enjoyable for us and then make such changes, which MIGHT make it even worse as it is now.
  • fwooshefwooshe Posts: 72 Arc User
    And now you make a poll to decide something, just based on numbers of random annonymous players? That dont give opinions, that dont say what and why would it be better.
    Have you logged in the game recently to see? Since the patch came ( which had horrific new content) guilds have been losing zeal like mad, people are lazy, inactive, unmotivated, cause there is NOTHING to do in the game right now. The new content that the patch introduced is horrible. And I know that this isnt your fault since you are not developing the game, just publishing it for us, but what you could do is give us a motive to log and do stuff. Make login events like you did last year and made the game SOOOOO active. Where are your usual streams Domino? Where are the codes? The entire game was progressing so much last year. We had runes, we made our characters better. And PLEASE don't tell me that your money income isnt suffering too, since now even the orbs you introduce are terrible and people dont even buy them like they bought Envoys and Oceans.
    And instead of addressing ACTUALLY pressing issues with inactivity, you ... make polls about huge major changes.
  • atyllene2atyllene2 Posts: 5 Arc User
    I vote yes, 2 out of 10 realms is not gonna hurt. But I have 1 concerns:

1. If this is a counter to crucible, EB, lost city, etc changing to pvp is going to guarantee afk people will not have night protection? If they will still have the protection then this would be for nothing since people park their characters for hours.
  • novaheals1novaheals1 Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    make 2 and 5 PVP then maybe later on talk about server merges +1.... i feel this could be a good start of FW. Merge Storm eyrda and lH all in 1 big server with 2 and 5 being pvp wouldn't be a issue. Would Make FW more alive and new faces are never a bad idea.

I feel like this is a very much needed thing and PVE servers can just live with 2 and 5 being PVP. I would really like to see this happen so maybe Eyrda can get merge finally. PVP isn't all that bad as you think it is......

atyllene2 said:

1. If this is a counter to crucible, EB, lost city, etc changing to pvp is going to guarantee afk people will not have night protection? If they will still have the protection then this would be for nothing since people park their characters for hours.

You probably want domino reply but

Night protection only works at a certain hour of the day on PVP servers. Night protection will only work at 23:00. So No night protection will not work For Lost city and EB. Night protection also Comes off you when you pick up ore, So that issue in PVE servers would also be solved with all the auto clickers. Night protection also comes off when you Attack any world bosses. The only thing it doesnt come off is in Eclipse hollow maps after 23:00.

Plus it is only 2 realms pve servers would have 8 other realms of PVE.
    ----
    on the side note my only question is...

Why are PVE servers against some kind of PVP? only thing i have never understood. You CS just to do raids? I have been doing Raids for almost a year with no PVP(my decision) and it gets so damn boring after awhile. How do you guys enjoy it so much?

my question isn't to bash anyone just a question i have been wondering for awhile now.
    Post edited by novaheals1 on
    dbpdoh.jpg
    People who are intimidated by you talk bad about you with hopes that others wont find you appealing
    "Shout out to the people who roll their eyes and get annoyed the second they hear/see my name. Love you."

• No, please don't turn the realms into PvP

make 2 and 5 PVP then maybe later on talk about server merges +1.... i feel this could be a good start of FW. Merge Storm eyrda and lH all in 1 big server with 2 and 5 being pvp wouldn't be a issue. Would Make FW more alive and new faces are never a bad idea.

I feel like this is a very much needed thing and PVE servers can just live with 2 and 5 being PVP. I would really like to see this happen so maybe Eyrda can get merge finally. PVP isn't all that bad as you think it is......

Didn't you like spam all over the forum that you quit the game? Think i saw a few threads where you said this

No pvp on any realm

• conterkillerconterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    Why dont we just put all those PVE servers into Eyrda... and we can all be happy!! yeey

• atyllene2atyllene2 Posts: 5 Arc User

You probably want domino reply but

Night protection only works at a certain hour of the day on PVP servers. Night protection will only work at 23:00. So No night protection will not work For Lost city and EB. Night protection also Comes off you when you pick up ore, So that issue in PVE servers would also be solved with all the auto clickers. Night protection also comes off when you Attack any world bosses. The only thing it doesnt come off is in Eclipse hollow maps after 23:00.

Plus it is only 2 realms pve servers would have 8 other realms of PVE.

I was unsure, I haven't stepped into a pvp server in a long time now.
    But thanks for clarifiying.
  • No, please don't turn the realms into PvP

reasons people chose pve servers was not to have pvp, and turning those realms into pvp bad for people who don't want to do pvp. Better to make a seperate realm, called realm 11, and enable pvp on there o/

^ this. Crucible ores being camped by auto clickers is a negative for sure, but not worth turning the entire realm into pvp. It would just cause so many problems for people during seals and hunting the world bosses there. And honestly, the ores aren't that big of a deal either; exp and sp are super easy to get as is with the 4x and 3x bonus. EB is already a mess as is because there aren't enough people to do perfusion for all 3 bosses for even the top guilds (so they end up sitting and waiting at 85s for the mains to unlock). You could end up having 2 raids accidentally hitting each other needlessly when they're actually working together.

If people want more liveliness with a pvp realm, by all means go ahead but NOT in the realms where important events take place.
  • navarnenavarne Posts: 115 Arc User
    Are people from Eyrda allowed to vote? they already have PVP on all realms so their input will skew the results.

75% of people who play this game don't know this forum even exists, doesn't seem fair to only ask the 25% of us that visit these forums.

Last thing, how can any of you think that this will not just cause HUGE problems? No offense to the PWE team but they mess up on things as simple as log in events, can't fix afkers in FF and have totally fudged up arena. How do you expect this to turn out positive in any way shape or form?
  • eberg33keberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    No, if I wanted to pvp I'd have joined a pvp server.
  • viiixviiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    No. Please no.

I joined a PvE server precisely because I don't like PvP and the trolling/grieving that goes on. I made a toon early on in Eyrda just to see what it was like, and had trouble even doing quests since I kept getting one shot by people who like to see others be miserable.
  • angelheadangelhead Posts: 159 Arc User
    Lots of ppl are pve-oriented in the pve servers, me included, how are we supposed to do stuff like seals/flowers in crucible without getting killed 200 times over? I get that this would solve some problems but wont it also create problems as well? spec for pve chars.
    Freida ~ Inferno Vampire ~ Rohans
  • xioreaperxioreaper Posts: 14 Arc User
    While I think this is a bit late (probably should've been done a long time ago), I think this should be done, along with merging storm/eyrda :P
  • xchrspyxchrspy Posts: 13 Arc User
    You would cause more problems than you fix. No.
  • tiberium30tiberium30 Posts: 129 Arc User
    Don't think it would fix eb at all since guild base jump realm every week, so unless EVERY base become pvp, wont fix anything for that.

Its not killing the big boss the problem, its killing the little mob in the base.

And frankly, with PWE quality insurance, it would probably fail harder.
  • feida88#6199 feida88 Posts: 247 Arc User
    Pve servers are meant to remain Pve, not mixed. All those PvP fanatics, mostly people who likes to kill other players (specially outside PvP instances) they can remain in their PvP server and the ones who wants to join can change to PvP server. I see many "Yes" votes and its funny, go to PvP server, why create a toon in a Pve server then? In my opinion the server is the way to choose Pve or PvP. Not via relams.

"You were just a figment of my overactive Imagination".
  • gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    It would solve issues and create another new ones.

->The reason i would want pvp is simple autoclickers/exploiters, either ban them and make game less populated, either make them killable so they need to fight for the stuff.

->Will it interfere with zodiacs/elementals, for sure it will, agreements can be made or not since the low population. Providing a solution for zodiac rat exploiters, and inviting pvpers to the guild base that are bored, making me waiting for them at base entrance for perma *spawn kill*.

->It will have no direct effect on me, as i dont bot on realm 2-5.

-> i will not leave town to bother with killing randoms for my own personal empathic amusement , its more fun to open orbs like 95 weapon one ;) than to make some aoe fireworks and headshot poor random trying to grind on crucible on his/her daily seal quest, if i want kills i just log off and go play some fps game, to feed my sociopath needs. But if a friend of mine is in danger, getting privated of his/her own gameplay i will step foward for him/her.

What i mean by that above, people are bored enough at this phase to ruin others life, such as people gameplay just for their own fun, and on Illyfue there is many potential candidates, so i can see why how many wouldnt want this feature in the first place, shame.
    I would appreciate a server transfer feature xD because when joined game Illyfue was the only PVE EU server, so was forced kinda to keep going, Nyos came much later....

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    the ''pvp fanatics'' playing on a pve server will think oh boy thisll be totally fun and it will be for like a month then you will get over it and want things to go back to being easy and getting all your zod/ele loot with minimal effort and whining when you cant get it anymore because other big meanies keep blocking you.

pvp ruined eyrda, will be entertaining to see it ruin other servers o/

(but +1 to being a poor decision on pwes part as a solution instead of addressing other issues)
  • azariel13azariel13 Posts: 72 Arc User

Pve servers are meant to remain Pve, not mixed. All those PvP fanatics, mostly people who likes to kill other players (specially outside PvP instances) they can remain in their PvP server and the ones who wants to join can change to PvP server. I see many "Yes" votes and its funny, go to PvP server, why create a toon in a Pve server then? In my opinion the server is the way to choose Pve or PvP. Not via relams.

This would be fair argument if server transfers existed but they do not.
    People started on PVE mostly due to wanting to level in peace and before thinking of EB or Ele bosses and when Arena was actually active or in LH's case, for the time zone.

Realm 2 and 5 being PVP wouldn't effect lowbies (which hardly exist anymore anyways) and would help clear the path to merging with Eryda (which is sorely needed).
    Although simply tossing PVP realms in just by themselves wouldn't work, the game badly needs something along that lines done to make the game interesting again and increase population.
  • infamous628infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I got my new EB already, and am in the stronger alliance, I have nothing to lose with this change and I still don't want it.

Like others have said, I chose the PvE server to avoid getting pestered by people who have nothing better to do than follow me around in groups and ruin my experience, that already happens enough in PvE scenarios.

I've more or less quit at this point, and this change would make me never look back.

Also, this:
    navarne said:

Are people from Eyrda allowed to vote? they already have PVP on all realms so their input will skew the results.

Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • utahaltutahalt Posts: 404 Arc User
    I don't want pvp realm, if I want pvp, I would choose pvp server 4 yrs ago, and now I go ff when I want pvp. I do not want harrass when I do quest in Crusible or Lost City, you can turn on pvp buff for EB I don't care that one ;D
  • pvpnoobiepvpnoobie Posts: 213 Arc User
    Love the idea hope it gets implemented as it will help the game come to life a bit. People have been exploiting the crucible and the lost city with GMs not having the ability to do anything about it. Also EB boss fighting should be fun compared to just BOT them. More competition means people will try to improve their toons meaning they will be more active on their daily events. This will not harm those that are trying to level or just want to watch pets/scenery as it can be done on the other 8 realms.
    <!DOCTYPE html>

anonymous west lionheart player

Mini Mart

• gamma2test2onlygamma2test2only Posts: 95 Arc User
    So... realm 2 and realm 5 will get permanent...

crashed. (overrun)

Option1: "Yes, At least, i will kill all no-csers in the game" (and make sure all pay for play the game)
    Option2: "Oh... this game is for babies only" (we need poor players for let rich players feel the are the best... *muahaha*)
    Option3: "Oh, no.... we must work and fix all these bugs" (thoughts from employees from ....) Never will happen this option. So, Option 1 will win (the best option for let get more money enter and with some lucky get a better wage... no? ;) )

Sorry, was a long day, so I m little "dark" in my post. Can be a good idea option 1 but... (yes, the "but" is a big one)
This discussion has been closed.