Small observations.

morsaeterna
morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
Hi all, in this thread i would like to collect all observations on instance boss behavior especially on hero instance bosses.
Also please post all common sense observations what seems to get forgotten every time in specific instances.
For first:
The tod normal boss will cast his high damage skill in the first phase after every 19-20sec from start, switching agroo exactly when he cast will reset the his counter.
Molten 1st and 3rd phase: The boulder prison (the big yellow circle) deals more damage depending on the number of players staying inside it, with just one person in the circle the damage is always under 40K.

Comments

• gadda1
    gadda1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Tod:
    You can do it in two ways

1st: This needs a decent dps raid
    The main team should get both the items from npc at start and rest take the salvation item only.
    In this way we kill the boss's sidekick first i.e Charlotte . We first send a healer and a volunteer dps toon to agro main boss(Khnuum)and let him/her take it aside while rest of them pull charlotte out and dps hard to kill her also make sure khnuum(main boss) and charlotte arent too far away maybe 40m.
    Caution: If your raid dps is too weak and you fail in killing the charlotte it will get a invincible buff and will not die at ALL .
    So to deal with this we make someone tank this charlotte at a distance away from khnuum(40m) with a heal for tank. The rest of the team will bang khnuum now.
    Ok now for main boss he will shoot a laser on random toons so take the laser on to face DONOT RUN and heals can outheal the laser not a worry. At some point gargoyles spawn near boss and they will pick or carry away your teammates making them immovable and not able to cast their skills .So to free them other members should use their "salvation" item on those who got carried away by gargoyles.
    2nd phase: boss gives a debuff saying healing a toon with highest hp in raid will deal damage so as soon as this pops heals should beware and stop healing the hifhest hp toon or raid leader can throw the highest hp toon to empty team like team 4 to avoid indirect aoe heals. At a later phase boss gives debuff to tanker (greenish color)idk its name , if that debuff crosses 3 tank deals heavy damage and probably dies so team 1 should use that 2nd item its name is "something license" which we get at starting npc to make the boss aggro you and to make the initial tanker get rid of debuffs(taunt classes like aegis war or protector or reaper can use their taunting skills too)
    Also theres one more skill boss uses where he first pulls everyone towards him(like sickle boss pull) once he does that run away from him as far as u can ASAP to avoid damage , the farther u go the better

2nd: 2nd way is similar to first but its for small or low dps raid where in one dps and heal toon is set up to hold charlotte while rest of raid kills khnuum as specified above.
    Lazy to type about other instances lol
    Btw let me know what server are you from
    I can pm o.o.
    Sorry for typos in advance :P
  • nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    All the bosses dont get the time anymore to do anything special, since last patch they seem to roll over and die.
  • gadda1
    gadda1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    True but wanted to give full description
    As nickvv said people too op now can just bot all raids(normal modes) so boss doesnt get time to cast his special powers or debuffs.
    Anyways i told you how we used to do back in the day when we were noobs xD
  • unusualsuspect1
    unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    They roll over and die in HM now too. The only real one that's a little bit tricky is MI HM on the third phase. People get the fire debuff and ignore it, and still all stack together. Next time the debuff hits, BAM, half the raid gone in one hit.

Pretty much we no longer take people who don't pay attention, because we explain this mechanic every time to people, and those who continue to die from it over and over get silently removed from our raid invite list.

I think that's pretty much the key thing. Raids are only hard if you're running with people who make them hard. Be picky as needed, and things go pretty smooth. I don't care if you don't have amazing DPS. I just care if you don't pay attention and leave it to the same six people every time to carry the raid through.

Edit: having said that, we've gotten a pretty solid HM raid team going now, and it's mostly down to being a bit picky on who we take, but I'm proud of all who come to our raids now.
  • morsaeterna
    morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    gadda1 said:

True but wanted to give full description

As nickvv said people too op now can just bot all raids(normal modes) so boss doesnt get time to cast his special powers or debuffs.

Anyways i told you how we used to do back in the day when we were noobs xD

The dps for the tod first phase to lure khum is easily doable with a divine priest too, they can buff their hp over the first strikes 145K damage or they could cast primal soul with some timing to get 10sec invincibility in the right time.
    Other than that great guide.

For molten unusualsuspect1 is right the main problem is that people stick together like glue.
    Strangely molten is finishable in the 3rd phase with only a healer and a dps, since the boss is generally weak as hell.
  • nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    At the first phase of khnum put 2 or 3 people together, the damage is shared in a tiny aoe range, like fireball from dragons.
  • angelusmortis#5732
    angelusmortis#5732 Posts: 109 Arc User
    o.o
    O.O
    (O.O)
    \(O.O)
    \(O.O)/
    :*