test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    should i quote myself again? everything at this phase is a joke :3 be happy they stil give something free
    Post edited by gio#4911 on

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    Magical Key, the item you need less then Star of Fail, has come!

Bets on April's one? Remember, it's also April's Fool!!
  • tiberium30tiberium30 Posts: 129 Arc User
    sylvdu84 said:
    That's what Domino said on last Login Event, small prize with timer to claim it.
  • mhmitsmemhmitsme Posts: 83 Arc User
    we all should be grateful for amazing anniversary gift pack we got (shame to pll who miss it) and now this wonderful login event, finally be able to open my lucky boxes and get more fissure scrolls we all desire and in the end i stay awake till 4am to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day with you Domino :smiley: Its so cool i must be dreaming, somebody pinch me please :wink:
    ING: Piotoru
    Guild: NewOrder
  • azariel13azariel13 Posts: 72 Arc User
    Wow just wow, it's like they're trying to make people even angrier.
  • sirjirsirjir Posts: 114 Arc User
    I kind of assume the reason for the keys is less the item itself more since it's March...St. Patrick's...the keys look like clovers. First thing I thought of anyways.
    Iolar - Level 100 Assassin of Lionheart's Avatar

• endless013endless013 Posts: 232 Arc User
    I'm actually ok with getting keys, I have some where between 250-350 check in boxes to open this will put a dent in that... That said, is there a 1 chara per account thing going on? I logged my demon, did crusi, some naga grinding, get keys. Log all the way out and all the way back in, sit on reaper 1 hour and change, no keys yet. Not really a complaint more of a question with a why I'm wondering.
    GoDieNow, Reaper (bloodwind) lvl110
    GoDiePlz, Demon (hellfire) lvl110
    CrispyDjinn, Warden (Sun Ray) lvl 110
    endless_XIII, Protector (Granite) lvl 95
  • shadrimshadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I do not judge this event. If its a one per account event than that is quite certainly because of checkin alt abuse, as some items out of the boxes are unbound.

The only thing i dislike about those login events is that i actually have to RE login, since my toon is normally permanently online. (Except for the weekly restarts/CS changes of course.)
    "Luckily" with the current client stability, i get an automated option to re login. Traffic lights FTW. ;)
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drnasedrnase Posts: 193 Arc User
    i dont really care about the rewards...
    but i like login events because, the only way to beat that influation of some items..
    that dosnt help much :/
    Dont worry, be happy
  • utahaltutahalt Posts: 404 Arc User
    I know I should mad for no orbs no money event, but it really save my time and more enjoyable to just play the game rather spend hours for my "1k" alts, really tired of it after a couple times and felt like FW "made" me to do it...LoL Thank you for the new change and more focus on mains.
  • miciocicciomiciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    sylvdu84 said:
    It is still better than the xp stuff.

And whoever is crying a river about non profitable login events , say thx to who exploited the fk out of old ones, or to your own greedyness if you're one.

Same thing happened with hallowen event ages ago after all.

There's 2 way to stop **** abuse ****, either hunt them down and ban, but that require lot of work, or just stop doing stuff/remove the abused thing, second one get chosen 100% of the time ofc.

Seen actually same thing not only here but in pirate servers with the "vote thinghy".

Well at least if lucky am gonna get some reforge crystals.

Scorpioluca

Ps:at utahalt you never needed 1k alts, with 20+ i was Always able to get something nice and have stuff to improve a bit, but quite some ppls here are like a minister of sanity we got ages ago in Italy, that was giving permissions to criminals to sell epatite infected blood packs for money for? fill all the pillows in his hoise of money! nm how much someone got, is never enough seem.(yes seem suit an anime but the sad reality)
  • standoffishmanstandoffishman Posts: 20 Arc User

sylvdu84 said:
    It is still better than the xp stuff.

And whoever is crying a river about non profitable login events , say thx to who exploited the fk out of old ones, or to your own greedyness if you're one.

Same thing happened with hallowen event ages ago after all.

There's 2 way to stop **** abuse ****, either hunt them down and ban, but that require lot of work, or just stop doing stuff/remove the abused thing, second one get chosen 100% of the time ofc.

Seen actually same thing not only here but in pirate servers with the "vote thinghy".

Well at least if lucky am gonna get some reforge crystals.

Scorpioluca

Ps:at utahalt you never needed 1k alts, with 20+ i was Always able to get something nice and have stuff to improve a bit, but quite some ppls here are like a minister of sanity we got ages ago in Italy, that was giving permissions to criminals to sell epatite infected blood packs for money for? fill all the pillows in his hoise of money! nm how much someone got, is never enough seem.(yes seem suit an anime but the sad reality)
    Well there's a third option that you sometimes see games use.

That being hyper aggressive mostly automated bans.

In this case it would look something like this:

Make an announcement a week in advance so you don't ban half the player base.

Autoban more than 3 accounts from one IP when logged in at once.

Limit total accounts to 5ish from a single IP, anything over that autoban.

Be a little more aggressive with banning data center source IPs and other proxies. Shouldn't take much as it's fairly painful to get around in a useful, widespread and long term way even right now.

Throw a rootkit-like piece of software into the game to either stop multiclienting or limit to two clients. Sandboxing doesn't help against the more aggressive ones and running lots of copies of windows is fairly painful.

There are other things they can do but this already pushes overkill.

This type of thing can potentially do more harm than good with older games for obvious reasons.

Personally I'd suggest they implement a very soft set of rules, say ten accounts total per IP, and be very aggressive with the auotbans. It curbs the ridiculous stuff but makes it fairly hard for completely normal users to actually run into it.
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    What about scenarios like my household where there's 3 legitimate players, all playing behind the same externally visible IP address?
  • gitshrekt#8600 gitshrekt Posts: 37 Arc User
    Then enjoy your auto bann or send someone to leech free wifi duh ! /sarcasm off

These guys whine if we get nice rewards then also whine when we get **** rewards cos their QQ before.
    Merc statue log in shouldn't happen back then but the solar orb with runes n reforge stuff were nice.

• gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    if u are familiar with St. Patricks Day u will understand this event theme, ence the three-leaved shamrock also green is the theme colour etc...

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

edited March 2016

What about scenarios like my household where there's 3 legitimate players, all playing behind the same externally visible IP address?

You all need more than 3 accounts why exactly? Since my actual suggestion was a 10 cap.

Even the harsher restrictions would still let you all play at once and 2/3 have an alt account. You just wouldn't be able to multibox simultaneously.

It's also been my experience that when multiple people are playing an mmo in a single household there never seems to be more than one serious player. Perhaps you're the exception and you're all really hardcore. You'd be the first exception I've seen to date however and multiplayer households are fairly common.
    It was more referring to these statements:

"Make an announcement a week in advance so you don't ban half the player base.

Limit total accounts to 5ish from a single IP, anything over that autoban."

The 10 active at once per IP might be okay, but an auto-ban is a bit harsh. If you can detect it, just auto-disconnect the 11th+ accounts

It was more referring to these statements:

"Make an announcement a week in advance so you don't ban half the player base.

Limit total accounts to 5ish from a single IP, anything over that autoban."

The 10 active at once per IP might be okay, but an auto-ban is a bit harsh. If you can detect it, just auto-disconnect the 11th+ accounts

That was 10 total* per IP not 10 logged in at once. 10 logged in at once would be useless and is way more than current policy allows, even if it lacks enforcement.

Still you aren't really giving a good reason you need more than 3 logged in at once or 5 total for the house. Multiboxing pretty much always boils down to either event abuse, wanting to do things faster or wanting to circumnavigate group play.

It's sensible to have the bans undone if the player contacts support and doesn't keep repeating the offense. You do however have to many them bans or it's completely redundant and won't do anything. It's infinitely easier to get around stuff like this if it just DCs you rather than banning.

*When I refer to totals I mean the total number of accounts that have logged in from that IP in the last given span of time, most likely a week.
  • senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    Reward players by doing some achievement in game daily instead of a simply 30m in game time.

Hell, even tons of mobile games nowadays give you rewards based on dedication (the more days you log and do some quests, the more chance you have to get better items), why not FW?

For example (not a brilliant one for sure, my apologises): clear the 3 exp daily quests and gain a roll on a bronze lottery chest, rinse and repeat tomorrow to gain 2 rolls... Ater a week, you start from step 1 but with a silver chest, the week after same task but with golden chest lottey roll.

It kills the alt spam, rewards dedication in a better way and it's easy to implement.
    senrin said:

Reward players by doing some achievement in game daily instead of a simply 30m in game time.

Hell, even tons of mobile games nowadays give you rewards based on dedication (the more days you log and do some quests, the more chance you have to get better items), why not FW?

For example (not a brilliant one for sure, my apologises): clear the 3 exp daily quests and gain a roll on a bronze lottery chest, rinse and repeat tomorrow to gain 2 rolls... Ater a week, you start from step 1 but with a silver chest, the week after same task but with golden chest lottey roll.

It kills the alt spam, rewards dedication in a better way and it's easy to implement.

It can be better if you pick the the task very carefully. Not many things in this game that aren't either very bottable* or liable to get very heavily multiboxed however which makes it kinda hard.

Still much better certainly but hard to make ideal.

*click dupes work for most of the same stuff and don't break any current rules, something to keep in mind.
    edited March 2016
    No reason for more than 3 at once, or 5 total for the house. So if one player can have 3 at once, then why can't a house have 9 logged in at once.

You argue about circumventing group play, but FW has a bot system that is used, and is essential for character progress. The new content makes it near impossible to two person AoE bot the level 100 demons.

Yeah, you can do it with teamwork, but unless you live in a multiplayer house hold like we do, relying on others to bot basically means a death sentence when one or two players move away.

FW is different to most every other MMO due to its bot-based character progression, which almost no other game employs.

Remove that, and give people more SP for doing instances together, then yeah, I'd agree that for FW, not multi boxing becomes more attractive
  • shhwasnthereshhwasnthere Posts: 27 Arc User
    March=Saint Patricks day. Clover makes sense. Why people complain about free stuff?
  • miciocicciomiciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User

Well, there was a problem like this in a pirate server for a married couple where multying wasnt allowed at all, and they solved giving Amin proofs as in documents and all that about it.

The excuse, "oh i got my mom, dad, 2 sis a uncle and also sometimes my cat playing in my house" is getting old tbh .P

But points is, any solution require WORK, stopping do stuff actually take some of it away.

Seem no one also remeber when Graykraken or something like that (soz dont recall the name) a old GM posted himself "feel free to make millions accounts to abuse this" and ppls ACTUALLY did!

PWE panicked, set an "Emergency rule" like, "you dont need more than 3 accounts to play the game" and started random banning accounts of those that made too many (not of everyone though) at the point that some ppls got left with just 3 of the new created ones and real accounts got banned.

Didnt really lasted much and then with tickets everyone got all accounts back.

So you can set all the rule you want (like the multilogging and sharing accounts ones arent enough of a joke already seen how are respected) but wont help at all.

March=Saint Patricks day. Clover makes sense. Why people complain about free stuff?

Cuz they're used to make 300/400/1500 d's each login event in the past.

Scorpioluca