test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SHENMO WANMEI - FW DATES

Heyyy,
this is my first post, so forgive me in advance if I might do domething wrong o:)

I wanted to ask, I see that Shenmo Wanmei post like the stuff (fashoons new stuffs) and I realized at some point we get to get the same, or maybe was one case, one coincidence, just would love to someone to confirm me if eventually we get to get the same things as they do, specifically the fashions etc, seeing right now they got few brand new stuff (posts are from few months-ago) so...anyone knows about this? Pzzzz clear my doubts ^^ thanks.

"You were just a figment of my overactive Imagination".
Tagged:

Comments

• duskofdoomduskofdoom Posts: 140 Arc User
    About 6months to a year apart from them ;o?
    Magby
    Server: Eyrda
    Talent/Class: Diamond Protector
    <Nightfall Star>
    <Freedom Harbor's Loyal Protector>
    <Infernal Majesty>
    <Parry and Riposte>
    <Paragon of Earth>
    <Helldiver Ultimate>
  • infamous628infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    We are supposed to get everything Wanmei gets... just a few months later. However PWE picks and chooses what we get, as to make sure we don't get anything too good that would cause people to spend less money.

Also the way PWE implements what we get from Wanmei is different, like over there they'll get fashion in the cash shop, here we'll get it in orbs or charge rewards.
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • thenamesdominothenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    The long and short of it is we get most of the stuff that the CN version gets. But there are differences. The reason for this (and has been explained in other places before) is because we are out of Parity with the CN version. This is because the game launched and is developed in China first before the updates are sent to us.

Now what does this mean?

This is a fairly complicated answer so I'll try to answer this as simply as I can.

First keep in mind that content wise we are 6 months to a year behind them depending on the content.

One of the biggest differences is the events that take place in the CN version and the EN version are the events that are released. We have access to some of them but not all of them.
    The reasons for this are because:
    1. Some of their events contain partnerships and licensing that we do not have contracts for and are prevented on a legal level from supporting them.
    2. The events were designed for China only and we are not allowed to use them
    3. Some of the events have issues with the content in them that do not translate well or just don't function in a way that is intuitive to our target audience so they must be changed and tested before release.
    4. Some of the events (Arena) are packaged separately from the actual game client and need further testing before we can approve them for release

So as far as picking and choosing goes that's true-ish because of the above reasons.

Now let's get to the part that I'm sure you were referring to direct sale versus Orb Sale. Believe it or not, most everything in both versions is packaged in Orb Form. Depending on the tastes of the market you are in, that's where the type of items will vary that are available directly. In addition those decisions will also affect the in game economy so what you have is a delicate and dangerous balancing act.

Here's an easy example:
    The Wanmei market favors sales of fashion items over a majority of other items. Through their research they found it was more sound to deconstruct some of the orbs to provide players with fashion and other items and that works for them.
    The research performed in the PWE (US/EU) market favors power over appearance (much to the chagrin to our fashionistas). In this case it is not sound to deconstruct the orbs to put scrolls of mastery, resistance, frost nova relics etc out for direct buy because lets face it, the results would be catastrophic. So a bulk of the items remain in orbs and on occasion will be available directly (IE Fashion Week is an early example)

and finally:

There is a region block between PWE US/EU and Wanmei because of the different markets. Because of this, that means there are also 2 different Test environments. Ours and theirs. Because they are ahead of us, as is their test server, bug fixes, updates and changes are referenced from their older builds. This is where picking and choosing really comes into play in the form of bug fixes and whatnot. Our priories and theirs also differ. We give them the list of issues we need addressed, and they then have to reference their data to see if they actually fixed it in a future revision to ours. sometimes there's a push and shove to get stuff fixed others it's pretty easy.

So yes. TL:DR and I'm not going to recap. All I will say that is most of the stuff from CN will get to us eventually.
  • feida88#6199 feida88 Posts: 247 Arc User
    Thanks for taking your time to reply Domino =) much apreciated and helped me understand how this works, and again sorry if this question was in the wrong place xD not sure still where to adress each thing. Byezz ^^

"You were just a figment of my overactive Imagination".
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    tiny bit of my fashionista heart just crumbled :'(
  • gitshrekt#8600 gitshrekt Posts: 37 Arc User
    You forgot to mention their fashions cost 10k+ leaves and they don't have bs 40:100 exchange rate like we do (: ty <3

• nickvvnickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    Their leafs also cost under 20s ea, gold being more inflated there than its here.
  • tutilake88tutilake88 Posts: 653 Arc User
    Yes because god forbid a regular joe who can't afford to spend thousands of euros on the game can save up and buy icechill hearts or a frost nova relic directly from the boutique. And thus, the regular joe somewhat enjoy the game more because s/he too can have a zodiac weapon like the elites do (doesn't concern me i do have a zodiac but i can be sober and fair when it comes to these things). I do not see the catastrophe in balancing the ginormous gap between CSer and non CSer but hey I'm crazy, I just like to watch the world burn. xD
  • gio#4911 gio Posts: 790 Arc User
    as this goes 90 weapon is pretty much farmable or cashed if u really know what to do, soon everyone will get 90 weapons, its the 95 upgrades that will start the riots though :P

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• rsydakotarsydakota Posts: 553 Arc User
    I love fashion way to much and always always looking for new items x.x xD
    1zejmn5.jpg
    Fairy tales are more than true:
    Not because they tell us dragons exist,
    but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.
    ~G.K. Chesterton~
    xluna_girlx
    Eyrdan Glacial Priest
  • senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    I don't think it's a matter of different playstyles of goals between US/EU and China.

It's not a reasoning to be done, it has no proper source.

If it's way easier to upgrade close to top tier with less efforts, the players have time to focus on more events (pvp, dailies, pve runs, random pk) and can spend also on fashions. Let's not talk about the fact we'll have less imba matches, pvp wise.

I still have to see a chinese player going around gearless but in nice fashions; what I see there are good geared players with good fashions...

One example, for all: while the needed number of ppl with 80 resist for the Zods is not a matter in CN FW, here we struggle a lot. So, I wonder, if chinese players mainly focus on fashion, why so many have that resist (along with mastery and so on)?

FW is adding more and more stuffs to upgrade, if we do not change our trend, the (usual over dibated) gap will be so huge we hardly have a serious pvp match anytime soon.

Personally I love Warlock and Divine Lord Sets, would like to buy others, but need to save money...
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    ''audience appeal''/playstyle/preference aside, pwe fails to take into account individual server population when releasing a new orb as well. eyrda for example, has very few csers left who buy **** orbs purely for new fashion, or only pop for themselves. not enough people pop them to even get a full set anymore, so the multiple people who want a set can only get one or two pieces and can only hope that 6 months down the line pwe will either put the set straight into boutique or toss the orb into a login event or something. ESPECIALLY when they release said orb at the same time as another orb thats a better leaf value in every single way, e.g polystone/ocean heart/envoy spirit/holy soul. or orbs placed in charge rewards at a ****ty value of 2k pts for 30 orbs that isnt even worth getting. pwe is effectively content-blocking some servers due to low population while more populated servers can run around on nice new mounts in nice new fashion because they have the supply.

so pwe logic is that, players favor ''power items'' over ''appearance items'' so they arent going to put ''power items'' for direct buy because its better for the economy that they stay in orbs, and yet ''fashion items'' that likely wouldnt affect the economy (at least in ''catastrophic'' ways) when they are put in direct buy remain in the orbs too? that essentially says they are different in player favor but the same in economic value...which is it?

3 months now since a fashion was available for direct buy in boutique, how many new orbs have we seen?
  • angelheadangelhead Posts: 161 Arc User
    amarantos said:

''audience appeal''/playstyle/preference aside, pwe fails to take into account individual server population when releasing a new orb as well. eyrda for example, has very few csers left who buy **** orbs purely for new fashion, or only pop for themselves. not enough people pop them to even get a full set anymore, so the multiple people who want a set can only get one or two pieces and can only hope that 6 months down the line pwe will either put the set straight into boutique or toss the orb into a login event or something. ESPECIALLY when they release said orb at the same time as another orb thats a better leaf value in every single way, e.g polystone/ocean heart/envoy spirit/holy soul. or orbs placed in charge rewards at a ****ty value of 2k pts for 30 orbs that isnt even worth getting. pwe is effectively content-blocking some servers due to low population while more populated servers can run around on nice new mounts in nice new fashion because they have the supply.

so pwe logic is that, players favor ''power items'' over ''appearance items'' so they arent going to put ''power items'' for direct buy because its better for the economy that they stay in orbs, and yet ''fashion items'' that likely wouldnt affect the economy (at least in ''catastrophic'' ways) when they are put in direct buy remain in the orbs too? that essentially says they are different in player favor but the same in economic value...which is it?

3 months now since a fashion was available for direct buy in boutique, how many new orbs have we seen?

+1 This!
    Freida ~ Inferno Vampire ~ Rohans
  • mako#5718 mako Posts: 17 Arc User
    i know the solution to this ... lets all learn chinese and migrate xD