test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Priest Revive skill

The priest revive skill is useless. Players die in combat. Thats when you need to revive people. Light bards can revive in combat. Now light bards can single target heal. Why not allow priests to revive players in combat? The skill is useless if it cant be used when you need it most. I've encountered light bards that dont want to use the revive in combat. FW developers, please change this so priests can use revive skill in combat. Thank You

Comments

• unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    Light Bard revive now has a 5 minute cool down
  • skypea88skypea88 Posts: 76 Arc User

Light Bard revive now has a 5 minute cool down

10 mins cooldown, and it removes weaken debuff in raid instances.
    Priest revive skill can be only an "out of combat" skill but it should remove the debuff as well, imho.
  • armenthys#4925 armenthys Posts: 321 Arc User
    Getting out of combat and reviving as a priest if fairly easy, no need to change it. And it shouldn't remove the weakened debuff, raids would be too easy that way.

Just throw 2 - 3 priest in raid healing and have 1 idle ready to revive with max talents in awareness so they can revive with 70% hp/mp. There wouldn't be a challenge at all this way and it would be too boring.
  • matryematrye Posts: 41 Arc User
    Priests being able to revive others while in combat would be too over powered. Think of how it would change the rest of the game play.

PvP/FF/FnI/Rift/Open World PvP - It would make them almost near god like. With a bubble. And an immunity. And 100% hp heal (LoS). And an immediate regeneration (AA).
    PvE - You will basically be a revive bot. And no strategy needed. Faceroll everything and carrying people who don't pay attention.

There's a reason why most guilds don't do HM raids and that's because they're still difficult due to people lagging, not listening, not knowing how the raid actually goes. Priests that heal during the HE debuff on first boss of ESHM and killing people and suddenly that's okay? because Priests would be able to revive in combat? Makes for lazy future priests. Some would let people die or just bot heal because they have the "It won't matter if they die, I'll just revive them." Gear durability is a thing in this game, we don't want to promote dying and being revived instantly as the new meta. Also it would be unfair to the light bards revive that just got nerfed to 5 min cooldown. =(
    Salynn - Divine Priest (Lionheart)
  • morsaeternamorsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    alwanr said:

Getting out of combat and reviving as a priest if fairly easy, no need to change it. And it shouldn't remove the weakened debuff, raids would be too easy that way.

Just throw 2 - 3 priest in raid healing and have 1 idle ready to revive with max talents in awareness so they can revive with 70% hp/mp. There wouldn't be a challenge at all this way and it would be too boring.

Having idle players in any raid is useless and pointless, thats just a waste of a good spot.
    matrye said:

Priests being able to revive others while in combat would be too over powered. Think of how it would change the rest of the game play.

PvP/FF/FnI/Rift/Open World PvP - It would make them almost near god like. With a bubble. And an immunity. And 100% hp heal (LoS). And an immediate regeneration (AA).
    PvE - You will basically be a revive bot. And no strategy needed. Faceroll everything and carrying people who don't pay attention.

There's a reason why most guilds don't do HM raids and that's because they're still difficult due to people lagging, not listening, not knowing how the raid actually goes. Priests that heal during the HE debuff on first boss of ESHM and killing people and suddenly that's okay? because Priests would be able to revive in combat? Makes for lazy future priests. Some would let people die or just bot heal because they have the "It won't matter if they die, I'll just revive them." Gear durability is a thing in this game, we don't want to promote dying and being revived instantly as the new meta. Also it would be unfair to the light bards revive that just got nerfed to 5 min cooldown. =(

In any pvp instance the main target is always the healer and once the fight starts its almost impossible to get out of combat and revive the fallen ones.
    For pve as i said upper no one in their right mind waste a spot just for combat revives.
    Dont get me wrong i dont think it should be a combat revive that would render the light bard skill useless, but i think that this game should rethink what "in combat" means. A priest shouldnt be in combat when hes further than 40m than the enemy target(furthest skill range) or when the enemy already died.
    Also i think it shouldnt remove the debuff since that would be the purifying lights job the skill what was created to remove debuffs.

• midnighthaleymidnighthaley Posts: 160 Arc User
    Back when I played a priest, getting out of combat to rez was easy. Having my target click the button in anything other than arena was nearly impossible though.

Priest can have raid rez when it gets nerfed to a 10m CD.

Back when I played a priest, getting out of combat to rez was easy. Having my target click the button in anything other than arena was nearly impossible though.

Priest can have raid rez when it gets nerfed to a 10m CD.

Congratulations! You copied the bard resurrection!
    Seriously this 2 skills should not have same stats.
    The fact that it uses 25% of max mana is already powerful enough.
    This should be handled this way: Bards got a combat revive skill with 5 min cooldown ,priests got a revive skill what is useable when hes 40 meters far from the combat or when the target died and canremove the debuff with purifying light.
  • nickvvnickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The buff is there to add a difficulty its not ment to be removed by a priest, light bard has a 10 min cd res to have the occational person get up.

If priest gets combat res plus removing the raid debuff it would nake any instance too easy, i like the current difficulties, its not that hard.. It seperates the people that listen from the ones that just bot everything.

We cleared heroic disciples with a 100k hp light bard, he never died because he listened to the instructions.
    nickvv said:

The buff is there to add a difficulty its not ment to be removed by a priest, light bard has a 10 min cd res to have the occational person get up.

If priest gets combat res plus removing the raid debuff it would nake any instance too easy, i like the current difficulties, its not that hard.. It seperates the people that listen from the ones that just bot everything.

We cleared heroic disciples with a 100k hp light bard, he never died because he listened to the instructions.

Thats why i say theres no need to add combat revive, just the ability on another skill to remove the debuff
  • nickvvnickvv Posts: 340 Arc User

nickvv said:

Thats why i say theres no need to add combat revive, just the ability on another skill to remove the debuff
    They really shouldnt, as it is it's fine..

MLP online is an easier mmo with easymode raids.
  • senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    The 2 ress skills used to be pretty the same, but now it seems the devs listened to the players and changed them into 2 different direction, as well as the 2 classes.

Divine Priest's ress has 5s cd, 22m range, 17% max mp cost and can revive target with 70% hp/mp back.

Light Bard's ress has 600s cd, 16m range, 1017 mp cost (SP talent reducing base cost) and can revive target with 60% hp/mp back.

Please take note I compared the 2 skills assuming both chars have the proper talent maxed (or runed if it's the priest - note the talent is pretty common).

As you can notice, the divine's one is better if you compare the stats, hence it can NOT be used while in combat.

I also may add another "nerf" light bard got is the useless of the active E chords while casting it nowadays; EEE + Chant of Revival used to give no cd on the ress, not it doesn't change the cd at all (or even if it still does, 15s over 600s is pretty much not noticeable).

Sure, the range of Chant of Revival can be increased having C notes active, but - while in pve might be easier (even if bard main chord as light is E), in pvp it's another story (also note light bard has just 2 C generating skills).

Both skills have same ct reduction with SP tree and no added bonuses.

--------

Reading many posts here I noticed many ppl are confused so: Light of Resurrection has a mp cost of 17% max mp (not 25% as lvl1, every lvl reduces the mp cost), Chant of Revival has a cd of 10m (not 5m, 600s is 10m, do the math).

--------

Honestly I find the 2 skills fine as they are now; QQing about the need of out of combat status to use Divine Priest's ress is kind of asking too much, be honest and accept the truth. Same goes for the debuff you get when dying in instances.

-------

If you want an easy mode on raids, maybe find another game. No troll, but I'm kind of tired of neverending QQ regarding pointless topics: game needs some improvement, sure, but not in this shade.

And, imb4 "youlightbardI'msure": I main both the classes, enjoy them both and I am smart enough to understand they have different uses.

My 2 cents
  • vyadhosblackvyadhosblack Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    senrin said:

Divine Priest's ress has 5s cd, 22m range, 17% max mp cost and can revive target with 70% hp/mp back.

Light Bard's ress has 600s cd, 16m range, 1017 mp cost (SP talent reducing base cost) and can revive target with 60% hp/mp back.

This is true for the Talent Tree's mentioned. Keep in mind that a Rebel Priest can only restore 10% of the targets max health and mana. The other stats are the same across all Priest Talent Tree's on resurection. I do not have a Glacial Priest, so I am not sure on the amount of health and mana they restore.

Divine Priests can remove the debuff with their Purifying Light skill, but only one party member at a time since it is a single target skill. It has a range of 18 meters, cast time of 1 sec with an 8 sec cd.
    [img][/img]CattsNewCar_zpsrxfpdjpl.jpg

• lol k. Wind/Water bard can res with 0 hp and mana cos they don't have res~

Only light bard has it what removes debuff every 10 min. so op nerf pls !
    Also Purifying Light got 0cd np. idk where you got that 8s cd

Tired of priests qq'ing here " gib us combat res )): " like cn gonna listen to you or something.

senrin said:

This is true for the Talent Tree's mentioned. Keep in mind that a Rebel Priest can only restore 10% of the targets max health and mana. The other stats are the same across all Priest Talent Tree's on resurection. I do not have a Glacial Priest, so I am not sure on the amount of health and mana they restore.

Divine Priests can remove the debuff with their Purifying Light skill, but only one party member at a time since it is a single target skill. It has a range of 18 meters, cast time of 1 sec with an 8 sec cd.
    No they cant, i tested that out already. Thats why im asking that it should be removed by purifying light.
  • senrinsenrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    Some ppl above me stated "only" Divine Priest can have that 70% hp/mp regen upon revival by Light of Resurrection, which is, again, totally wrong. Awareness is a common talent rune (1 star marked) that every Priest, regardless of spec, can get.

The fact you may not rune it, doesn't mean you can't get it. Also happened to me to get 2 Immortal Fervor Priest Rune with that talent, back in the days I was Rebel... Bad talent, nice energy, happens pretty often.

Why did I put my reasoning into Light bard vs Divine Priest mainly? Because, since ONLY Light Bard can get Chant of Revival, seemed logical that comparison.

While trying to get me wrong, they underlined an important fact I forgot, instead: EVERY priest can resurrect!! What if in a raid, Divine keeps on healing while another DD priest (rebel, glacial, whatever doesn't make any defference) freely ress everyone?

That scenario happens already, but at least the out of combat status makes all the process a bit harder, even if RCIE doesn't give you the debuff, so the QQ there doesn't apply as well.

Pve wise, most of the time even if you get ress with only 10% hp/mp, rarely you die 'cause of that (common sense suggests to raise while boss is not aoeing or when main healer says so... Resuming, teamwork).

Pvp wise, hardly I use Light of Resurrection. And when I do, it's 3v3. And there I am Divine spec.

Also, asking Purifying Light tp remove the debuff is pretty much asking Light of Resurrection to remove the debuff as well: instead of LoR, would be LoR + PL, considering LR's no cd (do not think many Divines have not talented it) and 1s average cs, it's rather easy to perform the perfect cheap ress combo.

My 2 cents