Codes given during Stream

Dear Domino, I generally like the way you manage the game and keep us in the loop. Things have definitely gotten a lot lot better since you arrived. So far you've done only good things, I've certainly haven't had a reason to complain about anything, first of all Thanks for all that.

BUT, lately you are giving our ARC Codes during your streams that expire within a couple of hours... And your streams are generally during times that are mostly suitable for US players, when they happen, most of the EU peeps are tucked away in their beds and sleeping. I have missed out on 2 ARC codes (both from your recent streams) so far, that would have been really nice to have. IT'S UNFAIR TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE LIVES AND NEED SLEEP DURING THE NIGHT. So please, stop doing this, make the codes last at least 24 hours so everyone has an EQUAL chance to benefit otherwise it's just way too stupid. It's like you're favoring the US community over the rest of the world... Only late night owls from the EU servers catch the codes because they don't mind staying up until like 5 in the morning... Come on...

Comments

• aestheticsbro
    aestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User

• weeky2
    weeky2 Posts: 8 Arc User
    I agree with this as well.

Domino, you are doing great and I doubt any of previous Community managers have done at least 10% of your work. But sometimes you missing little things, which make community feel bad - codes during stream are one of them. I understand, that you want people to come watch your streams, and I am sure both you and community enjoy them. But some people just can't come and watch them: for NA players it might be because of job, for EU players it might be because of late time. And nothing can be done with those, because most people put real life on first place.

So, as solution, make code last for 24 hours please. Such way everyone have chance to redeem it. And players, coming watch your stream, already getting benefits - they can enjoy your jokes and watch some interesting things you doing in game, as well as get some free nice prizes.

Thanks.
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    the code is a reward for people who take the time to actually WATCH the stream, not a general for-everyone code. time zone allowing or not.
  • endless013
    endless013 Posts: 235 Arc User
    Don't worry about it, you didn't miss much. the code I got from last night was 10 purple shard, 10 blue shard, 25 roses, and 1 or 2 other none important things, nothing amazing like pet essence or xp/sp books just normal things. (idk about any other codes, I had to go do guild crucible)
    GoDieNow, Reaper (bloodwind) lvl110... Mr_E, Assassin (venom) lvl92...
    GoDiePlz, Demon (hellfire) lvl110... Not_Inuyasha, Assassin (Venom) lvl81
    CrispyDjinn, Warden (Sun Ray) lvl110 ... PlayerName, Shooter (Presicion/Burst) lvl85
    endless_XIII, Protector (Granite) lvl95... ****_McKenzy, Vampire (Blood/Dark) lvl lvl81
  • kingkarzan
    kingkarzan Posts: 16 Arc User
    > @amarantos said:
    > the code is a reward for people who take the time to actually WATCH the stream, not a general for-everyone code. time zone allowing or not.

This.
  • weeky2
    weeky2 Posts: 8 Arc User
    amarantos said:

the code is a reward for people who take the time to actually WATCH the stream, not a general for-everyone code. time zone allowing or not.

Okay. Players watching stream get some nice content information and prizes, like mounts, pets, ZENs.

Dear Domino, in that case, please, don't make any code at all during your streams and make some every week or two - for all and just for fun.

Thank you.
  • armenthys#4925
    armenthys#4925 Posts: 321 Arc User
    Or rotate the stream times for mornings and afternoons.
  • nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    I can't afford to stay up untill 2:30 AM on random days, sucks to be left out every single time.
  • pyszczoklet
    pyszczoklet Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    alwanr said:

Or rotate the stream times for mornings and afternoons.

This^^

Up till now only 1 stream was suitable for EU ppl, 1! From idk how many streams .____.
    Chimu - Wind/Light Bard
    Marithea - Darkpact/Torture Tormentor
  • amarantos
    and as an fyi, ive missed plenty of streams myself having to work friday nights when domino hosted them. have had to miss the ones he hosts during the day also due to work. have missed the podcasts hosted during the day, the one where a code was given out with merc stats and the llama mount. or the code for the black drake everyone spammed on their alts.

someone is always going to miss out on something. if you want the content info you can watch the streams anytime afterwards. the codes generally arent anything super special. and theres only like 10-20 winners tops who win "special" prizes out of like 100-200 viewers, ones that are sometimes kind of stupid. and nearly all the "new item" handouts will show up ingame/boutique eventually. so nothing is being missed out on.
  • binaryqueen#4116
    binaryqueen#4116 Posts: 553 Arc User
    From the livestreams I have attended I have noticed that they are not a set day and time guys... Tuesday morning, wednesday afternoon, Friday evening... I have seen quite a few different days and times the livestream took place. With that, you all seem to be on Forums regularly where he actually posts the upcoming stream date and time so really its on you whether or not you attend it. I have friends who attend where its 3am for them.. other times I have attended and it was stupid early for me... You have been given the time and day a while before it happens so dont complain if you miss it.
    1zejmn5.jpg
    Fairy tales are more than true:
    Not because they tell us dragons exist,
    but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.
    ~G.K. Chesterton~
    xluna_girlx
    Eyrdan Glacial Priest
  • putki
    putki Posts: 33 Arc User
    Just make amethyst soul crystal scrolls bound again, then nobody care cuz nothing to abuse from code >:)
    Orzog - Illyfye
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2pdYOgT7-J8Zvd_zfIAtcA - Orzog The Dwarf YouTube Channel
  • tutilake88
    tutilake88 Posts: 654 Arc User
    All the streams he has hosted so far were suitable for US timezones, and would require anyone in EU to stay up until 3-4 AM. Please don't tell me the rewards are for people who take the time to watch the streams, if you wanna get more accurate you may say the rewards are meant for Americans who take the time to watch the streams. You can't just say rewards are for people who watch the streams and assume it's OK to make the other half of the community who lives on the other side of the world stay up until 4 in the morning when they have to get up to go to work 4 hours later.

Please use some sense and logic before you talk and try to put yourself in our shoes and ask yourself would you be OK with it if you were missing out on ARC Codes with important/valuable items in them if Domino kept hosting them in the European late afternoon or evenings where you US players would have to stay up till 4 to catch the codes... I call BS on that.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    One of the other problems that we run into is scheduling for the room. We actually have to reserve it since the stream equipment is now in one of the conference rooms (long story). it's a case of get in where you fit in, which unfortunately, a lot of times is at the end of the day.
  • photorealm70
    photorealm70 Posts: 20 Arc User
    +1 Although i did stay up because i couldnt sleep but if it was a work night its a no go. Give gifts during feed by all means"be init to winit" but as for codes what harm is a 12 hour window?

All the streams he has hosted so far were suitable for US timezones, and would require anyone in EU to stay up until 3-4 AM. Please don't tell me the rewards are for people who take the time to watch the streams, if you wanna get more accurate you may say the rewards are meant for Americans who take the time to watch the streams. You can't just say rewards are for people who watch the streams and assume it's OK to make the other half of the community who lives on the other side of the world stay up until 4 in the morning when they have to get up to go to work 4 hours later.

Please use some sense and logic before you talk and try to put yourself in our shoes and ask yourself would you be OK with it if you were missing out on ARC Codes with important/valuable items in them if Domino kept hosting them in the European late afternoon or evenings where you US players would have to stay up till 4 to catch the codes... I call BS on that.

• tutilake88

One of the other problems that we run into is scheduling for the room. We actually have to reserve it since the stream equipment is now in one of the conference rooms (long story). it's a case of get in where you fit in, which unfortunately, a lot of times is at the end of the day.

I absolutely understand this Domino, we get it, trust me... It's hard to make the time suit everyone, fair enough. But as photorealm70 (above) has stated, "be in it to win it" giving away prizes to people who watch your stream is one thing but putting out an ARC code for a couple of hours which can be redeemed on multiple accounts for a select few who happen to have time on their hands is another... Do you see where I'm trying to get with this? ARC Codes should be for the entire community, not just American players and a few EU-night owls who have time to stay up late...

I just think it's really very unfair, I could have had a billion Dark Amethyst scrolls and re-ided my new 95 hero gear... Instead I find out, an ARC Code gets launched for lousy couple of hours while we're all tucked away in our beds sleeping like normal people who need to get on with their lives the next morning.

So yeah, no... I don't think stream viewers deserve an extra ARC Code on top of the giveaways that take place during the stream just because they managed to click their browser open. Such effort, much wow...
  • amarantos
    youre entitled to your opinion like the rest of us but complaining about free things is a slippery slope domino really shouldnt need to be subject to. why stop at streams? why stop at arc codes? hey domino any time you wanna give us free things just mail it to every character in fw existence instead of making us work for it. why should we have to open a browser for stream to get things? why should we have to open arc and put a code in? why should we have to physically log chars in during login events to get things?!? domino can you bring back events from 3 yrs ago so i can get rewards from them cuz i couldnt get them back then?!?

domino you are doing a good job but its not good enough for us we need the game to play itself more for us help us out bro!

sounds ridiculous imo
  • tutilake88
    amarantos said:

youre entitled to your opinion like the rest of us but complaining about free things is a slippery slope domino really shouldnt need to be subject to. why stop at streams? why stop at arc codes? hey domino any time you wanna give us free things just mail it to every character in fw existence instead of making us work for it. why should we have to open a browser for stream to get things? why should we have to open arc and put a code in? why should we have to physically log chars in during login events to get things?!? domino can you bring back events from 3 yrs ago so i can get rewards from them cuz i couldnt get them back then?!?

domino you are doing a good job but its not good enough for us we need the game to play itself more for us help us out bro!

sounds ridiculous imo

Yeah, you do... Because you're twisting my point, when we all know exactly what I'm talking about. And I'm sure Domino understands it too. Not so sure why you're being so daft about it ofc but yes, you do indeed sound ridiculous. I have made my point, I see that majority agrees with me and I see guildies in game aren't happy either, but they all gave up coming to forums trying to express their complaints long ago. I will not explain the same thing over and over because I think it's a pretty simple to understand topic. ;)
  • gimbhi
    gimbhi Posts: 4 Arc User
    Could one of the prizes be Dawn Scrolls? I find it hard to come by them in game.
  • noxshadow1
    noxshadow1 Posts: 184 Arc User

amarantos said:

sounds ridiculous imo

Yeah, you do... Because you're twisting my point, when we all know exactly what I'm talking about. And I'm sure Domino understands it too. Not so sure why you're being so daft about it ofc but yes, you do indeed sound ridiculous. I have made my point, I see that majority agrees with me and I see guildies in game aren't happy either, but they all gave up coming to forums trying to express their complaints long ago. I will not explain the same thing over and over because I think it's a pretty simple to understand topic. ;)
    It's called reductio ad absurdum. Extending the argument to absurd proportions. Unfortunately most arguments for or against cases such as the one we have here are left open.

I was unaware the arc codes only lasted a couple hours. While I myself am American...and have been privy to watch these streams...and use these codes...I too agree that perhaps the time of the arc code should be extended. If not by 48 hours, than by at least 12-24 hours.
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    Well seeing as how many people are complaining about the streams and not getting codes from it and such...

Im gonna complain too cuz im unable to watch streams because the internet in my country is really **** and i cant load streams to watch because of the high resolution..

So...

PLS Domino can you make the Streams in 144p so i can watch and get the codes too?????

PRETTYY PLEEASEEEEEEEEE with a cherry on top!!!!

Also, make them when i have my personal free time is open too..

tyvm

• tehpeach
    tehpeach Posts: 66 Arc User

I noticed how you keep saying US Timezones and not suitable for EU timezones. Can i point out it is a US Server your on therefore all the timeframes are suited for US timezones. I love everyone equally but it all falls down to suitable timeframes for the server it is done on. And I dont get to watch the twitter feeds and livestreams as my computer won't handle it, but that is ok with me I am still happy they are being done for those that can attend them and I wish them the best on whatever they may receive from them even if it is just information or little secret hints on upcoming things. They can fill me in later :)
  • kuukami
    kuukami Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    tehpeach said:

I noticed how you keep saying US Timezones and not suitable for EU timezones. Can i point out it is a US Server your on therefore all the timeframes are suited for US timezones. I love everyone equally but it all falls down to suitable timeframes for the server it is done on. And I dont get to watch the twitter feeds and livestreams as my computer won't handle it, but that is ok with me I am still happy they are being done for those that can attend them and I wish them the best on whatever they may receive from them even if it is just information or little secret hints on upcoming things. They can fill me in later :)
    Actually, she plays on Illyfue, which IS a EU timezone. We all understand the issue of finding a suitable time for everyone involved. All anyone is asking for is that codes be made to last 12-24 hours so that those who are in a different timezone (6-8 hours ahead of US and therefore asleep when the streams run); or those who have to work and just cannot view the stream can also have the opportunity for a few goodies to help out their characters.
  • armenthys#4925
    armenthys#4925 Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    amarantos said:

and as an fyi, ive missed plenty of streams myself having to work friday nights when domino hosted them. have had to miss the ones he hosts during the day also due to work. have missed the podcasts hosted during the day, the one where a code was given out with merc stats and the llama mount. or the code for the black drake everyone spammed on their alts.

As far as I remember the Drake mount (which I didn't care for) that also included a lv3 advanced rune of your class and of the color that you wanted (which I DID care for) was a code that was supposed to be given for EU players only but somehow a few lucky were able to redeem who were not intended to get.
    amarantos said:

someone is always going to miss out on something. if you want the content info you can watch the streams anytime afterwards. the codes generally arent anything super special. and theres only like 10-20 winners tops who win "special" prizes out of like 100-200 viewers, ones that are sometimes kind of stupid. and nearly all the "new item" handouts will show up ingame/boutique eventually. so nothing is being missed out on.

Are you sure of what you are talking about? I remember a time a code was given that included 5 of each lv1 advanced runes and if that's not "special" I guess you consider only orb mounts as something worth it.

The point is that is also not fair that random people can get ZEN, mounts and other things only for being able to attend. @tutilake88 is right, this should be something that the whole community could have an equal chance to get even if it's only the codes; the most fair option so far is just extend the redeem time so everyone can enjoy.
  • anyadpicsaja
    anyadpicsaja Posts: 226 Arc User
    I had my disagreement with EvilSheep in the past but shes right this time on all possible points so far. If the streams are impossible to do at times which favors EU playerbase, we get that. But there is no real reason why not extend at least the code expire time by at least 12h. The point everyone seems to miss tho, is this:

Lets say 50 people watch the streams, someone from that 50 user is bound to post the codes on world chat, guild chat,sticky card on the fridge,send letters with pigeons etc. In the very moment the code is posted ingame, 350 user will redeem the code who were not watching the streams, when something like this happens, its not only exclusive to the ones who watch the streams, its becoming exclusive to the ones who are online/awake at that time, which is favors the US playerbase. If we doing things like this, then why not simply make system announcement with codes like this (short expire date with nasty things occasionly), on random times (including bulls.. times for US people to make it fair) Sit back and watch how much QQ we get from the ones who are defending the expire dates now.

Please understand, that by extending the code expire time, we would just increase this "exclusive reward timeframe", not destroying the whole reason of the streams, those who care will watch it anyway...
    giphy.gif
  • kingkarzan
    kingkarzan Posts: 16 Arc User
    If you really wanted the stream codes that bad, wake up early or don't go to work, it's that simple, put an effort if you really want something... if not don't complain.
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    I want stream prizes too.. so from now on.. Do the streams at 144p pls!!!

• court1213
    court1213 Posts: 14 Arc User

If you really wanted the stream codes that bad, wake up early or don't go to work, it's that simple, put an effort if you really want something... if not don't complain.

Sleep early and wake up for stream if you want the codes so bad. There's really no valid excuse other than you are working at the hour he always streams QQ. But unfortunately in that case, can't please everybody. Its not like he streams and gives out codes 5 nights a week.
This discussion has been closed.