test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RCExpert....what's the deal

Is anyone else having a ungodly hard time in RCE? Is it broke? What? Because so far everyone I've spoken to say the same thing: Crazy and impossible.... which is basically **** alot of us out of our daily Chall today!

Comments

• thenamesdominothenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    Well it is Expert Mode. Things are tougher now. If it was just as easy as it ever was, then life would get very boring very fast.
  • mistressofsnowmistressofsnow Posts: 69 Arc User
    But it gives us 3 options of difficulty and even when we choose easy just to see what it's all about it's saying we clicked option 3 instead of the first one lol...
  • lcorndogllcorndogl Posts: 117 Arc User

But it gives us 3 options of difficulty and even when we choose easy just to see what it's all about it's saying we clicked option 3 instead of the first one lol...

This

Also - manual entrance does 12k damage from a mob instead of 8k (rank 3 was the 8k one, manual 50% more difficult?!?)
  • ridiculous1ridiculous1 Posts: 81 Arc User
    Cool it's how it was supposed to be, Domino, try running it, and then buy back 7 day hero cards
  • darkseeddarkseed Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    RCI:E (Easy) should be roughly as difficult as Sickle Island and Elemental Shrine (Easy) were when the 80 level cap was first lifted to 90. But this seems like it's giving us some sort of hard mode even when easy is selected. The instances are not complete-able for the majority of the playerbase who had been 90 for a long time and geared up. In response to Domino, the "very boring very fast" remedy was the fast that it can also have normal and hard modes. Easy mode should not be as hard as it is, which makes me believe that the difficulty selection is broken.
    Exactly Darkseed. And now come to find out 12's is broke thus our battlefield cards are being wasted... what's gonna be done about that if anything =/
  • midnighthaleymidnighthaley Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I like it. I wiped three times on a boss earlier today, never had so much fun in a PVE instance before. Finally there's an actual challenge. Unfortunately, it'll end up being a faceroll once we level and get new gear, so all you complainers will end up being happy in the end.

• ashidvrenashidvren Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Finished RCIE with a group around 1730 server on Storm. Started With Wind Reaper, Venom Sin, Light Bard, Divine Priest, Wind Bard, and me Edge Sin.

After a few wipes Priest bailed on us right before final boss, so I brought in my light bard alt to finish it...FYI the entrance to Bottomless Inferno is listed as Hell Road LVL3....don't you believe it...not sure what the actual difficulty was. But yeah it said we chose #3 as well.

Before going to bosses make sure you kill ALL the trash mobs as some bosses like to run. Last Boss has 10k per second fire that slowly moves or shifts and frontal flamethrower. We chose the outheal it option and tanked/spanked it. On the boulder run back up the slide make use of the side edges to avoid the stunning boulders coming down. Best of luck to everyone!

Bienvenu,
    ~Sorrow
  • putkiputki Posts: 32 Arc User
    Last boss's name is Hell Road LV3: Boss 1 xD

I enjoy play new rci runs, finally some not too easy in pve, we get wiped few times too but its totally beatable with ~100k hp on easy mode which anyone got with +12 lv88 champ set. Medium is prolly meant for lv95 and hard 100lvl, prolly op parties already beat them too? :)
    Orzog - Illyfye
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2pdYOgT7-J8Zvd_zfIAtcA - Orzog The Dwarf YouTube Channel
  • yosiasyosias Posts: 118 Arc User
    i wouldn't complain if the dam easy mode wasn't broken or set to lvl 3
    seriously, is this intensional to be this hard to beat?
    or by chosing lvl 1 the game get angry at us and set it to lvl 3 out of spite?
    Isock-Soul marksman since 2011
    Tlatsotsonki-light bard
  • azariel13azariel13 Posts: 72 Arc User
    Although the difficulty does seem to be glitched, it appears to be set to easy as default if you simply don't bother changing it at the NPC.
    Is it decently hard atm? Yes, but that's exactly how it should be, I think its wonderful to have a non-raid instance again that actually requires healing and once people get into 95 gear it'll be dramatically easier.
  • ridiculous1ridiculous1 Posts: 81 Arc User
    I need to restate my opinion, glad a few players find this fun. I have yet to speak to anyone who has completed it yet on the server. Real life can be challenging enough, trust me. A game is an escape from that. When the game ceases to be fun, or becomes impossible its time to move on. The majority of the playerbase can't complete this. there IS a problem.
    Boring, no, frustrating yes. Guess what will drive players away faster?
  • jazerkjazerk Posts: 41 Arc User
    People wont even let you join a party unles you ave 100 HP. This patch is messed up bi time!
  • jhereg4250jhereg4250 Posts: 485 Arc User
    I don't think it is glitched at all. I think the mobs are set to lvl 95 or higher, so a lvl 90 party would have it's DPS nerfed while the boss's damage would be boosted. Once we get toward lvl 95 and the game does not restrict you it should be ok.
  • rsydakotarsydakota Posts: 553 Arc User
    Really? guys? You do realize that even the mobs are a higher lv than you rn and youre complaining that it is hard? Wait until youre 95 with new gear if it is to hard now... We went in there with a light bard and divine and a lot of dps and had a hard time... but we expected it to be hard xD Give it time and it wont be hard as it is now...
    1zejmn5.jpg
    Fairy tales are more than true:
    Not because they tell us dragons exist,
    but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.
    ~G.K. Chesterton~
    xluna_girlx
    Eyrdan Glacial Priest
    What is being complained about is the fact that EVERY DAY we get these RCE's for CHALLENGE quest which means bam there goes our champ points (dbl champ for those of us running a Hero Card.)
  • chiffoncakechiffoncake Posts: 359 Arc User
    Back in the day when I bot SI at lv80, wiped. Same here, I bot first wave of RCIE bosses (two) at lv90 pretty tough, now lv91 abit easier at first wave but wiped at 2nd wave (I think that boss(war) slash storm us to dead lol), so I assume I can bot easily when I level up more and get few upgrade from new patch (champ set or other stuff). Thank you FW, so far a lot of fun stuff with this new patch ,GJ!!!
    Lol, I dont remember the parties I ran Sickle Island with ever having this hard of a time. And there was some squishies in some of them first parties.
  • ediraedira Posts: 479 Arc User
    What is being complained about is the fact that EVERY DAY we get these RCE's for CHALLENGE quest which means bam there goes our champ points (dbl champ for those of us running a Hero Card.)

This....

If the instance is for lv95+ chars it shouldn't have been forced per challenge quest on chars below 95....
    ​​
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Exactly Edira
  • jazerkjazerk Posts: 41 Arc User

Back in the day when I bot SI at lv80, wiped. Same here, I bot first wave of RCIE bosses (two) at lv90 pretty tough, now lv91 abit easier at first wave but wiped at 2nd wave (I think that boss(war) slash storm us to dead lol), so I assume I can bot easily when I level up more and get few upgrade from new patch (champ set or other stuff). Thank you FW, so far a lot of fun stuff with this new patch ,GJ!!!

It takes champ points to upgrade your gear. SO if you get the challenge quest every day for that RCIE NO champ points for that
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yay, no more snooze and drool!!

My g/f on her glacial priest, and myself on my MM, have been able to duo tank pretty much everything ERC has thrown at us even after the rest of the party (including the dedicated healer) has died.

I'm guessing that many have gotten used to tank and spank runs, and aren't prepared for the need to run and think on one's feet and adapt strategies as the battles unfold.

If an, albeit fairly strong, glacial priest and MM can duo pretty much every boss fight at present without additional assistance, then all it really takes is a full party of people who are thinking on their feet instead of shift-z and snoozing.

We've slowly gotten to know people who despite even not being amazingly geared, will still contribute, cos they don't stand about in effects until dying. They also have a good time with the challenge of it.

That, at least to my eye, seems to be the key here. You can't bot heal. You can't stand and shoot. You DO have to watch what's going on.

That, to me, is what's made the game fun again.
  • shirayukihimeshirayukihime Posts: 90 Arc User
    Can u guys pls tell me how can we kill second boss from first try? At pull all run like in tod? Any secret? And anyone got anythig else (after wipe) besides huge spider dat stuns and aoe and ivenia with his fire?
  • If you talk about bottomless inferno
    1. boss can be dragon / khnum / sickle first boss axe guy
    2. boss got an aoe around him so try to stay out of it or run out asap and idk my parties stood in a circle cos boss can lazer pets too = won't lazer person and we stood still in that way <
    3. last booss just avoid fire behind boss don't go to boulders cos they stun + burn 3k I think
    tbh outhealing the lazer is easier in there than tod but that's only my opinion.

• I ran the rce the other day and found it to be easy, we need more of these. I like having the mobs hit like a boss!
  • infamous628infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User

If you talk about bottomless inferno
    1. boss can be dragon / khnum / sickle first boss axe guy
    2. boss got an aoe around him so try to stay out of it or run out asap and idk my parties stood in a circle cos boss can lazer pets too = won't lazer person and we stood still in that way <
    3. last booss just avoid fire behind boss don't go to boulders cos they stun + burn 3k I think
    tbh outhealing the lazer is easier in there than tod but that's only my opinion.

Boss can be either version of Khnum, the one from HR or the one from ToD.
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • motorstrom67motorstrom67 Posts: 1 Arc User
    To be honest I think over all if the party cap was increased it would be a bit easier for all who want to run a RCIE and only just for RCIE like with every other instance 6player party is fine but once you go do a RCIE instead of 6players maybe 8-12 would be better over all. Cause even a RCIE feels like a ESNM or even a ESHM to be honest and thoses are parties with more then 12players in them.
  • shirayukihimeshirayukihime Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Ty for answers guys ^^

Ps: i love how at the end of rcie my hand hurts from healing... no more boring bot ^^