<Freedom Harbor's Loyal Protector>
    <Infernal Majesty>
    <Parry and Riposte>
    <Paragon of Earth>
    <Helldiver Ultimate>
  • qzpmn2006
    qzpmn2006 Posts: 35 Arc User
    azariel13 said:

To clear the air, Season 4 will be on the heels of the Awakening launch. We're currently estimating it to arrive shortly after the update. Actual date is still TBD

Shortly...so in PWE language 6 months? XD

I'm not sure why certain people in this thread are jumping on those asking about Arena, yes 3v3 and 6v6 is dead, but there's still 12s and Rift and EB/Eles for PvP servers.
    The Season 4 is late and that's a fact, it'll be incredibly harmful for any healers or tank builds to be stuck in Season 3 vs 95 champ gear and at the very least Npcs need to be returned.

And frankly Darque, you have no right to gripe over whether people "earned" the gear or not, you fed just the same as everyone else.
    It's physically impossible to get the gear the real way anymore, Arena is dead and it's not coming back, doesn't mean the gear has to be as well.
    How am i exactly "fed just the same as everyone else"?
    photo DarqShadQuotePicSmall_zpsdutudbgo.jpg
  • corowns
    corowns Posts: 30 Arc User
    qzpmn2006 said:

why do people even ASK for arena season when they dont even pvp LOL is it a joke?

is this coming from storm or eydra players that have gem glitchs ff point glitches aww u dont want another server catching up cry me a river :open_mouth:
  • midnighthaley
    midnighthaley Posts: 160 Arc User
    I gotta say, I'm a lot more inclined to do arena on the rare occasion it does pop now that I have gear and don't get oneshot constantly.

• divineauroras
    divineauroras Posts: 138 Arc User
    The system is designed to earn PvP gear one of TWO ways: 3v3 scorte or 6v6 score. I do not blame the player-base solely for the death of arena (it worked better at fixed times, with working NPCs, etc.) But if players want to use those epic arena gears for OTHER forms of PvP (like 12s, CTF, Rift, etc.), then IMO they should be WILLING to participate in 3v3.

I understand that the lack of real pvp makes this impossible (practically, due to lack of sufficient players willing to fight)...so seriously hardcore players (Like Rhond, Zhenny, DeadlyTones, etc etc) need to feed themselves with alts to complete the score. However, I will defend Darq/Rhond by saying that we sat in queue for over a week, before realizing that our only option was to farm with alts (and still willing to fight legitimate teams if they come up). I lament over the death of real 3v3, as it was my personal favorite part of the whole game. Maybe other players will disagree with me on this point, but if it was meant to be used on characters for FF only, then it would be attainable with FF points. This game is MISSING an integral part of what USED to make it successful (real arena).

And FYI anyone saying that Darq/Rhond/Me discourage real arena...has no clue what type of players we are. We have formed our own SEPARATE parties (balancing out to keep it interesting) many many times, just so that we have SOMEONE to fight. I'll happily play on my less OP toons (mage/priest/bard) if someone is really discouraged to fight my warrior. But even doing these things, people aren't willing to do arena (understandably to some extent, especially with lack of NPCs). BUT even when the NPC's worked, the problem is that people are not willing to compete against ANYONE (not just the "super OP"). I've sat in queue on alts of every gear level and score combination you can imagine, and NOTHING. I just wish people had more competitive spirit (like we have every so often when random 6v6 matchup occurs). Its just for fun.
    SirFanion.jpg
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage), DivineAuror (Divine Priest), SirFanion (Elemental Warrior); Allied with Rhondelyn and DarqueShadow
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User

And FYI anyone saying that Darq/Rhond/Me discourage real arena...has no clue what type of players we are. We have formed our own SEPARATE parties (balancing out to keep it interesting) many many times, just so that we have SOMEONE to fight. I'll happily play on my less OP toons (mage/priest/bard) if someone is really discouraged to fight my warrior. But even doing these things, people aren't willing to do arena (understandably to some extent, especially with lack of NPCs). BUT even when the NPC's worked, the problem is that people are not willing to compete against ANYONE (not just the "super OP"). I've sat in queue on alts of every gear level and score combination you can imagine, and NOTHING. I just wish people had more competitive spirit (like we have every so often when random 6v6 matchup occurs). Its just for fun.

I used the word discouraged, and I didn't mean that in a bad way. I have personally seen and interacted with you, Darq and Rhond and know that for the most part you guys are fair and nice players. What I mean by discouraged is they see your toons and ask themselves "How do I compete with THAT?" I know you'd be willing to switch toons for fun matches and whatnot, but would you for a real 3v3 match during S4 before you get gears? If so, good on you. But I doubt the other however many serious OP PvP'ers would be willing to be so generous.

It seems the thread has gone off topic, and I think I was the cause of that. So, sorry.
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • gamma2test2only
    gamma2test2only Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    1- Will be a new IP? (for get pet lvl90) or in the future?? (no same as these from orbs)
    2- Will change the skill tree and how? (and soulpower tree??)
    3- Any fix from old bugs?
    4- Thanks for give us new contents (functional is better :smile: ) .
  • qzpmn2006
    qzpmn2006 Posts: 35 Arc User

1- Will be a new IP? (for get pet lvl90) or in the future?? (no same as these from orbs)
    2- Will change the skill tree and how? (and soulpower tree??)
    3- Any fix from old bugs?
    4- Thanks for give us new contents (functional is better :smile: ) .

dont think there is new ip
    no expansion of skill tree or soulpower tree or new talent points (but there will be changing in trees for balance), instead we are getting a new system: skill Lighten and Darken
    photo DarqShadQuotePicSmall_zpsdutudbgo.jpg
  • azariel13
    azariel13 Posts: 72 Arc User
    qzpmn2006 said:

How am i exactly "fed just the same as everyone else"?

So you + Rhon/etc don't feed score for gear? Because you have and there's nothing wrong with that as there's no other way anymore.

Arena being dead isn't the player base's fault and it's silly to play the blame game, it's dead because PWE messed up repeatedly on it and never put the effort into saving it.
    Too many people have quit the game and there aren't any new players coming in (any few that might can't catch up) and those left that still want to do arena don't want to waste time in X-server for something that rarely ends up actually happening.

Only way to help Arena at all would be server merges honestly, either get rid of X-server entirely and merge NA servers (I can't speak for EU) so we can have home queuing again OR merge NA and EU X-servers.
    Or hell, even better do both.
    Of course, PWE isn't going to do that, at least not until the game is about to be shut down.
  • midnighthaley
    edited January 2016
    I used to do real 3s/6s before getting gear and I just gave up. There's only so many times I can be oneshot by fanion's slash storm (literally oneshot by ONE hit, not able to barely survive three hits like now) before giving up. Or facing against Rhondelyn's unbreakable heals while she herself hides behind an impenetrable shield. Or DarqueShadow's stealth oneshots. Etc etc. You get the point. Yes, I know you guys sometimes do organized PVP, but I can't even count the number of times someone says "Hey, let's get a 3s group together" and I want to go but when I ask them who the team is the first name out of their mouth is "fanion". Why would you expect anyone to be happy with signing up to get annihilated when they have no chance of competing? The only thing less fun I can think of is fighting demons. Getting arena gear the real way is impossible for the vast majority of player whether or not the queue pops. Sure, if you're already playing a godly character, or you're full dps, you can do it. I don't mind facing you in FF or whatever, but having you stomping on me while trying to get what I need to be able to compete is something I'll avoid when the alternative is both faster and easier.

Edit: just want to say this isn't a hate post for fanion/darque/rhond/whoever. They're great people, as far as I know them anyways. You could replace their names with anyone OP and my point would still be the same.

• hits4hire
    hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Domino, I just wanted to ask if you guys have a fix ready for the things that get broken after every big content update...namely ToF soulforce trinket. Probably not, but I'm hoping you guys were thinking ahead this time.
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • midnighthaley
    PWE thinking ahead? That'll be a first. We don't even have a fix for the border bug, despite it being two patches ago.

• im2gr84u
    im2gr84u Posts: 695 Arc User
    It's super fun to get arena gear in champion set the hard way xD this game is so retardely unbalanced if you don't use arena gear in pvp that is hilarious, the amount of crit damage you can get is insane, even a few base wrath hits almost puts you to half HP. The higher level the bigger the gap 'cause you can't keep crit def rate slightly balanced with crit damage wearing champion set only, with level 95 gear it will be even worse. Can't even get arena gear anymore 'cause no npc xD This game was only fun in pvp before the lvl 90 patch. After that is just a joke pvpwise.

• kingapocalypse
    kingapocalypse Posts: 12 Arc User
    Darq and Rhond and fan is so op. I think they should have to solo que 3's just to make it fair to the rest of the server.
    The mods should make this happen, Then we will have more pvp in 3s
  • divineauroras
    divineauroras Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2016

Darq and Rhond and fan is so op. I think they should have to solo que 3's just to make it fair to the rest of the server.
    The mods should make this happen, Then we will have more pvp in 3s

I don't mind avoiding 3v3 if it means people will really go...but all that's gonna happen is someone else will be the one beating up on everyone. Then what will everyone do? "Oh no, XXXX is going pvp, better hide yo kids, hide yo wifeR(FYI: DeadlyTones still too OP for me to kill, and he's in S3 gear :P) Not to mention that there's at least 3 warriors I know in better gear than myself (I just use mediocre base stat elemental gears). There's plenty of people on par for high end pvp, but if the real problem is 2-3 players, then that doesn't really explain why people medium gear aren't going. For what it's worth, I have 7 wins 0 loss record and can't force a queue with anyone at this point....so feel free to queue 3v3 to your hearts content without worrying about me.

I actually think its good timing, Domino, to have arena season SEPARATE from new content (level cap). Let people grind out the new stuff for a few weeks, otherwise they won't bother doing pvp EVEN IF there is a new season. I'm not sure if the S4 delay is strategic, but to me it makes sense.

Also, someone was pointing out the item border issue. This SHOULD be fixed with a new patch, so no point bothering to waste efforts on it in the meantime (it's not detrimental to the gaming experience).

Edit:

Getting arena gear the real way is impossible for the vast majority of player whether or not the queue pops. Sure, if you're already playing a godly character, or you're full dps, you can do it.

Edit: just want to say this isn't a hate post for fanion/darque/rhond/whoever. They're great people, as far as I know them anyways. You could replace their names with anyone OP and my point would still be the same.

Just pointing out that the new system implemented with the cross server in S2 makes farming arena gear INCREDIBLY easy (I was able to do it on mediocre priest/mage) with 2300 score only. This isn't the FAST way, but it's the path of least resistance. The notion that people need 2600+ score for full arena gear is a myth. I still remember from S1 the extreme frustration of 3-4 top level players BLOCKING everyone else from the best pvp gear in game. That is no longer possible as anyone willing to farm 2300 score + do gloops over time is able to farm the best gear in the game.

I didn't think you were attacking any of us personally (although someone else trying to call Darq a hypocrite cuz Rhond has s3 priest gear). I know that every server farms elemental gears every single week (14 pieces of gear per week) + the occassional dimensional war item dropped. So every server has enough gear (statistically speaking) to get 2 new people full set of elemental gear each week. Darq and I both use Elemental gear...it's nothing that MANY other players can't get with small effort. Also gonna point out that Rhond was a great priest in s2 gear as well :P for whatever that's worth!
    Post edited by divineauroras on
    SirFanion.jpg
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage), DivineAuror (Divine Priest), SirFanion (Elemental Warrior); Allied with Rhondelyn and DarqueShadow
  • matty08
    matty08 Posts: 22 Arc User
    aceaegi said:

Domino, will there be a cool exploit again so players can get to lvl 100 within 1-2 weeks? But seriously... Can you give us a heads on which which it'll be? No one buys this ban bluff anymore.

Even without adding new exploits, one still exists and it serves multiple purposes. They thought changing the time zone of the servers would eliminate/ fix it, well they were wrong, after they changed the server times, less than a week after the exploit was figured out.

When the level 90 cap came out, a player reach 90 in 1.5 weeks, they were banned for a month, still playing to this day.

• miozio666
    miozio666 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I have just one question,
    battlefield points they can still be used to upgrade the old rings/necks (like 77-85) or will become totally useless?

It seems that the new battlefield points will come with the patch after awakening
    I hope not to be wrong xD
    Post edited by miozio666 on
  • legendpve
    legendpve Posts: 73 Arc User
    I think a lot of people here are missing one important reason for arena being dead. Yes, it is because of the fact that many people are too "OP." Yes, it is because of xserver and people don't want to waste their time in que. Yes, it is because Arena is always neglected and it always feels a season behind. But I think, most importantly, arena gives nothing outside of entertainment, and I will take a guess that not many people play this game simply cause the game is entertaining. This game is almost a job for most of us.
    Which brings me to my point. I would LOVE to do arena. At times convenient for myself, I have joined Fanion and others in some fun 6vs. However, most of the time, like the day the NA servers organized the "solo que" 3vs event (which I heard was a lot of fun), what little time I could afford to spend in game I chose to rather "farm" because that's what FW is about. Do I want to go spend an hour doing random PVP with little to no benefit from it or would I rather go to Lost City and get 2-3 Fluxes and AWS to improve my character? Truth is, every day of the week, there are so many things to farm that really gives no time for anything else.

I would love to spend time in this game and just play for the fun of it. But I don't have a maxed toon, yet. So I cannot afford to have "fun" or else I will fall behind. So if I have limited time to play, and it's a choice between making money or have fun, I'm going to make money. Which, in my opinion, is what is fundamentally wrong with the design of the game and is one of the biggest contributors of keeping new players from coming in.

As a side note, I totally agree with whoever said that alt farming arena gear helps arena, instead of kill it. Although I guess I see both sides to the story, but I personally would not put myself in 6vs/3vs in champion gear. Against any good DPS, or even 3+ people on you, you will last very little. The gear simply was not made for Arena. So by alt farming gear, it gives more and more people in "Pvp-gear" the option to try and stand up to the more OP players.
    rYqpf46.png
    Leitner - Defense Buff Protector of Storm.
  • midnighthaley
    For DPS builds, elemental gear is fine. For tank builds, not so much. My water bard in arena gear was tankier than my divine priest in elemental gear, even back when they had similar resists. Comparing Jhar in 85 elementals to other divines in 75 arena with similar resists always left me feeling fragile.

600% crit damage against the 300% or so possible without arena gear ends fights pretty fast if you aren't dishing out the same amount of damage.

• aestheticsbro
    aestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User
    Has the afk kick been restored to the battlefield instances? IF not, why not?
  • bloodreaperfw
    bloodreaperfw Posts: 79 Arc User
    Seen people using champ set with gold gears and accessories doing good in PvP and are quite tanky.
    Level 100 BloodWind
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User

That's one of the issues holding up season 4. When that gets fixed, which by the looks of things, looks pretty good so far, season 4 will be released and the afk timer will be working correctly again.

• deeper16
    deeper16 Posts: 43 Arc User
    Isn't related with this topic, but because admins only look into this topic later, is just to warn u Nyos is with 4 realms only for almost 10 hours. Thanks for your attention, and please if some moderator see this don't change to correct place till someone that can solve the problem see it. Thanks
  • azariel13
    azariel13 Posts: 72 Arc User

That's one of the issues holding up season 4. When that gets fixed, which by the looks of things, looks pretty good so far, season 4 will be released and the afk timer will be working correctly again.

And this is the most frustrating part, 12s afkers have nothing to with Season 4, absolutely nothing .
    Either PWE is even more clueless about their own game then I thought or (and more likely) they're simply using it as an excuse to to delay Season 4.

Hell, as frustrating as the afkers may be, 12s often won't even pop without them, so unless you're intending to bring out 95 12s accessories along with the fix...it'll do more harm then good.
  • mekteh
    mekteh Posts: 82 Arc User
    Anyone have pictures of rank 5 set?
  • midnighthaley
    edited January 2016

Seen people using champ set with gold gears and accessories doing good in PvP and are quite tanky.

That's funny. With 1.5k+ resistance, a 40% damage reduction shield, 480% crit defense, and equal wrath, fanion still crits me for 38k with slash storm. With -124% crit defense (even with gold neck/hands), I can't even imagine how hard he would hit.

Arena is the only good set for a tank class. If you're just pure DPS then sure, elemental or champ is great.

• vyadhosblack
    vyadhosblack Posts: 156 Arc User

is this new warrior armour? glad there is fashion, poor polar bears now im the on in distress rip!
    (notes i use bunny feet since the day i was made by my maker im half bunny)

My maker says I'm a wolf...
    [img][/img]CattsNewCar_zpsrxfpdjpl.jpg

• aduelx
    aduelx Posts: 18 Arc User
    hits4hire said:

Domino, I just wanted to ask if you guys have a fix ready for the things that get broken after every big content update...namely ToF soulforce trinket. Probably not, but I'm hoping you guys were thinking ahead this time.

This question got a bit buried in the PvP discussion. It has been broken after every update I can remember, so it would be good to have an answer as to whether it has been tested this time.

• midnighthaley
    Tested? Don't make me laugh. I have no doubt that the trinket will be the least of the bugs that crop up in six days.

• eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    Reminder of how PWE/FW does expansions, for those getting excited.