fortifying gear to 12/12

fastt007
fastt007 Posts: 28 Arc User
So far I have spent more then 300 star crystal trying to make my hands 12/12, so my question is, by your experience,
is it better to use refined star crystals and spend 64 sc for a 32% try, or just try with 4% (8 sc without meteor crystal)?
I'm really going crazy with all the fails...

Answers

• freeyaa
    freeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    Depends on how (un)lucky you are. I know some folks that needed 4-5+ tries with 8 meteor crystals.
    That's still 240-300 + star crystals, so ye... could end up burning the same amount of star crystals. Could also work in 1-2 tries, like I said it depends. I personally didn't use meteors for both sets on my main toon. Tried 2 or 3 times on an alt but after failing 3 times with 8 meteors I sticked with star crystals there, too.​​
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    In my experience it's better to go with all Star Crystals up until 11/12, then try with Meteors. However I have had more luck with 4% than the 32% or whatever sooo, just depends on how lucky you are, like freeya said.
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • fastt007
    fastt007 Posts: 28 Arc User
    Thank you for your answers.
    I forgot to mention that I was talking about fortifying from 11/12 to 12/12...so yeah pretty unlucky :(
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    As someone with low sg, I stuck with star crystals. Meteors were just too much for me.
  • armenthys#4925
    armenthys#4925 Posts: 321 Arc User
    In my experience I had 1 piece to 12/12 on first try, 2 pieces on second try and other 2 with 4 tries using 8 meteor crystals. Better chance with meteors but burns sg like crazy.
  • idcwat
    idcwat Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Side comment, but using Meteor Crystals is not really much more soul gold than it would be if you used Star Crystals, it's just more all at once, instead of the same amount spread over a series of tries. It varies depending on the piece, but the average soul gold cost if you factor in 8 tries using Star Crystals, is the same as if you were using 8 Meteor Crystals for 1 try. So most of your decision on the matter should be on whether or not you feel luckier doing one method over the other, or you want to fork over the costs of buying the Refined Star Crystals, if you don't already have some saved up. Soul Gold will be drained regardless. I for one have absolutely terrible luck with regular Star Crystals.
  • wolfsrick
    wolfsrick Posts: 25 Arc User
    The average use of star crystals from 0-12 ist 300 and independent of wheter you use it as meteors or star crystals.
    With star crystals the chance of using super low number of star crystals is better, but the risk of needing super high number of star crystals is worse. Yet this affects only very few lucky or unlucky guys.

Soulcoin wise it depends on the Level and Kind of item you upgrade. In generell producing meteor crystals cost more. But when you upgrade lv 85/88 weapons for example your coming in the range. Easy calculation, when 8 times the upgrading cost is greater than 1 meteor creation cost, the meteor creation is worth while.

When creating an +12 item to sell or for another char of yours it's a diffrent story, because the costs on unbound items are in tradeable gold. Which can get very expensive it's almost 4 times than it was before all the changes, where Level 30 Greys where used. I don't have the exact numbers here, they were on an destroyed computer, but you surely don't want to spend around 35 (or was it 70?) tradeable diamonds on a weapon+12, so yes here meteors are a must!
    But if you got the money you can save tons of soul coins on your desired char this way. Yet there may be better ways of exchanging gold to soul coins.

• elisha2
    elisha2 Posts: 364 Arc User
    My experience : try make gear 12/12 for my alt. 48x ( full 8x meteor) FAILED !! already totally angry. Still not 12/12.

Illyfue / NewOrder /3/2011 to date
    _Lucinka_ light bard
    ElinaMais sleet (ice) dragoon
  • elisha2
    fastt007 said:

Thank you for your answers.
    I forgot to mention that I was talking about fortifying from 11/12 to 12/12...so yeah pretty unlucky :(

Pretty unlucky here :D

_Lucinka_ light bard
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    In my experience is so totally random that not even worth bother teorizing what's best.

Got some pieces 11<>12 with 1 try with just 8 scs while on torm had to use like 700+ scs (ofc used lot of meteors too) to get the gloves 11<>12 (got finally Yesterday ;3).

Scorpioluca
  • elisha2
    When I do for Lucy 12/12 gear, everything was different. No meteor, no crystals for the soul leaves. Crystals have to buy for the money and everything up only a small percentage of success. Yet getting it better than now for my alt with a meteor.

_Lucinka_ light bard