how many would like to see the npcs stay that take holy coin and memory pearls? and orbs put back

moonbeam777
moonbeam777 Posts: 91 Arc User
edited January 2016 in General Discussion

how many would like to see the npcs stay that take holy coin and memory pearls? and orbs put back 50 votes

yes for npcs
52%
gio#4911lillan987corownsfloxyfforsakenpw7777witamin1907demon776977azariel13altfalcon07sirjirbanker7malenagholsonmoonbeam777dodietgpreludeszxchaostarxdyvim3butterflylou209johnnybnezserenity234876 26 votes
no npcs go away
48%
gvaninfamous628gabriellakazaristampe88chibiwolf6conterkillerterrancethehaterim2gr84umiciocicciomorsaeternafreeyaamektehediraneothundrabanaitjaxarmenthys#4925divineauroraszeeeqonmidnighthaleynovaheals1 24 votes

Comments

• infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    no npcs go away
    There's no option for NPC's and no orbs. Therefore I vote no.
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • armenthys#4925
    armenthys#4925 Posts: 321 Arc User
    no npcs go away
    You should have taken advantage of them when envoy/mermaid orbs were there.
  • midnighthaley
    midnighthaley Posts: 160 Arc User
    no npcs go away
    They aren't even gone yet.

• conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    no npcs go away
    well... since they said the damn npcs were gonna dissapear ON JANNUARY 1st... and i spent/sold all my remaining coins/pearls.. then they better fkin take them out.. or i want a refund of my stuff... -_____-
    Its been already too long since they were supposed to be removed!!

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    We said there was a debate going on as to their ultimate fate on my last livestream. Till final decisions are made they're remaining.
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    no npcs go away
    So basically only way to know stuff now is watch those things i guess, cuz in news/forum only bs is posted lol.

However, remain or not wasnt really a big deal cuz even if gone, 1 week after there was 100% new npcs and new orbz of other kinds ;P

Scorpioluca
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    no npcs go away

We said there was a debate going on as to their ultimate fate on my last livestream. Till final decisions are made they're remaining.

Come the f on man.. seriously??
    so for all the rest of the people that missed on that 1 livestream during holidays.. that you TOLD in a very serious note and with a HUGE emphasis that they were gone on jan1st.. and sold all their stuff for lower price than normal.. just because the deadline was nearly there.. we all got screwed?? just because we didnt know that you were actually NOT gonna take them out on jan 1st as you first led us to believe??
    come onnnnnnnn.. wtf..
    i pretty much threw away about 5k of coins/pearls because of that.. thank you for the false statements..

How can u ever expect to be taken seriously if you change your mind on a daily basis and without properly letting the community know about this stuff?? wtf..

i have no words.. i guess i shouldnt be this surprised.... its PWE after all..

• fluffyjigs
    fluffyjigs Posts: 5 Arc User
    no npcs go away
    I thought they were going away back in August or something, so i've been prepped and ok for them to be gone for while...
    Also when I looked on AH for coins or pearls, they seemed to be pricey towards "the end"
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    4 weeks ago that was the word as I had it. Things change all the time, as is the way things go. When I got word (Which was literally the day of the stream) I reported it as I have it. Enjoy the NPC's while they are here.
  • forsakenpw7777
    forsakenpw7777 Posts: 1 Arc User
    yes for npcs

4 weeks ago that was the word as I had it. Things change all the time, as is the way things go. When I got word (Which was literally the day of the stream) I reported it as I have it. Enjoy the NPC's while they are here.

Good but when we will have orb for have item for this npc ...
  • o0omessyo0o
    o0omessyo0o Posts: 31 Arc User
    yes for npcs
    To me i voted Yes to keep it made people spend more for them orbs for the scrolls of mastary and resistances plus i loved the pearls to help get vigor bottles and energy one which help me lvl my job lvl like alchemy and chef so you got good side if PW wanted to help is not to announce every second what people got from orbs in main chat when you cannot do instances people cannot read ...... plus the anoying annoucements of the guys in normal chat about eclispe area and SoO
  • mekteh
    mekteh Posts: 82 Arc User
    no npcs go away
    wth fw teams still couldnt decide to take them away??how greedy for $$ it can be.dont they see the damage these orbs bring ups?
    i want them gone.can be bring it back by end of this new year.... this game become more boring due to this two orbs.cs u get any upgrade u want.gotta be joking.tiger-24.gif​​
  • shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    yes for npcs
    Since those npcs grant a chance to newbies to catch up gem and mount wise, i believe it would do new players good to keep them in place.
    There is enough costly augmentation waiting around and since the game has already degraded to a dungeon grinder i really think that a visible chance to do some "real" and visible basic upgrades should not be taken away.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • corowns
    corowns Posts: 30 Arc User
    yes for npcs
    i vote keepem they do good for fw
  • edira
    edira Posts: 479 Arc User
    no npcs go away
    Just remove them already! These npc and orbs killed the leaf market enough as it is. And new players won't have the gold to buy the pearls from AH if they don't cash first anyway. ​​
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chibiwolf6
    chibiwolf6 Posts: 197 Arc User
    no npcs go away
    I vote no for similar reasons to edira's. As a free player, before the orbs were available I could use gold to get things from the CS that I needed, and it was easier to convert gold price to leaf price. Now, I have to rely on people kind enough to post in world "selling cs items; pm what you need" or whatever. I get that real cash makes FW go round but still...

Yes the orbs can help newbies, depending on their gold income or friends/other players, however there are plenty of other things in game now that are a lot easier than they were. Gems for example; sure you can use the orbs and the pearls to get them quick but you can also spend some time in Ode instances, instead of mindlessly farming GL all day. Half the time any newbies I talked to had no clue what the orbs or items were.

And as far as the communication between when the NPC's come or go, Be glad you get ANY warning that they're leaving. I'd rather use all my pearls/coins and the NPC still be there than have all this stuff I cant use cause theres no place to spend them... We've been told for a while now they're disappearing. If you're so worried about the "worth" or how much gold you get out of the coins/pearls, use them for yourself, save yourself some gold by using them to get the items from the NPC's... Yes, I agree that the streams shouldnt be the ONLY source of information like this, because there are people who dont view them or miss them occasionally. I dont see why everyone is pissed off at the messenger though. As far as I know Domino doesnt write the codes or whatever for the game, and has no control of exactly when certain things happen. All he can do is tell us what he's been told and go from there.

Dont know if I would call this a rant, or if anything I said is even reliable. But these are my opinons. *end rant*
    DuEYcdL.jpg
  • moonbeam777
    yes for npcs
    it really is a mute point so what npcs are still there , nobody has pearls or coins left i would think eithere been sold or used ,envoy orb been 3 1/2 months since gone, and oceans were charge reward, if your gonna keep them out , it only stands to reason , to put out a orb with the coins or pearls ,so we can use them , right now there useless
  • novaheals1
    novaheals1 Posts: 79 Arc User
    no npcs go away
    Npcs should be taking out, should of never been a perm thing, Doesn't give a big challenge into the game for CSers all they have to do is wait for ocean hearts to appear back on the reward page for Cash shopping To " gain alot of resistance / mastery" or even Gain " re id's faster then normal". Having the npc's for a little bit is good but to make them stay here longer then they have to is going to make it just be another private server with everyone maxed out. lol
    dbpdoh.jpg
    People who are intimidated by you talk bad about you with hopes that others wont find you appealing
    "Shout out to the people who roll their eyes and get annoyed the second they hear/see my name. Love you."

• mekteh
    mekteh Posts: 82 Arc User
    no npcs go away
    oh now spend reward got envoy orb in the tier. tiger-50.gif​​
  • moonbeam777
    yes for npcs
    yeah but you get hardly any envoys , mightas well put orb back out for sale
  • chiffoncake
    chiffoncake Posts: 359 Arc User

yeah but you get hardly any envoys , mightas well put orb back out for sale

+1, If those kind of orbs (mermaid, envoys) perm in boutique that will benifit to all. FW gains profit from more ppl csing, rich keep trying to get what they need...On the other hand, poor can still wait in line to get free stuff from EB raid/checkin events. Its called tripple win-win-win situation xD

• moonbeam777
    yes for npcs
    no. they will not put out perm but envoys havent been on sale for 3 1/2 months bring them back out for a week , because to be honest last year really sucked for sales , as a cser i was dissapointed
  • hits4hire
    hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I have mixed feelings about keeping the npcs. So much so that I don't even know whether I truly want to vote one way or the other. Those npcs were beneficial to me at first when the price of heavenly coins and pearls were at an affordable price for moderate farmers who don't CS much (if at all), but now I find myself struggling to even make enough gold to buy the pearls/coins to get what I need the most.

Edira touches on a good point about the leaf market as well. With the influx of OP orbs over the past months nobody sells leaves in the exchange like they used to and that has really hurt a lot of farmers who relied on the exchange to purchase whatever they needed from the boutique. The leaf exchange will probably never go back to the way it used to be either because people will want to hold onto their leaves in hopes of some of these orbs coming back to the boutique or being offered in spend rewards.

I guess where i'm going with this is that whether the npcs stay or go isn't the problem here, it's moreso how screwed up the game economy has become since the introduction of some of those orbs.

The only way I could see myself voting a definite yes to keep the npcs is if there were a boutique item similar to the Mysterious Gold Box, but for Pearls and Coins which could be purchased for soul leaves (bound items) or Eyrda leaves (unbound items). I'm sure that would never happen though.

/rant
    Post edited by hits4hire on
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • morsaeterna
    morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    no npcs go away
    It useless to have them around without items. Just remove them and next time introduce an orb granting similar items without pearls and tokens.
  • moonbeam777
    yes for npcs
    if they put the orbs back out prices will come down on pearls and coins and the other items cause there will be abundance of it, its when theres very little that [prices spike) as for leaves . me myself always and only sell my leaves for 99.99 so the leave market is what it is, as for npcs , there keeping them because its easier for them , instead of wasting resources to make new npcs etcetera, when then can just keep these and modify orbs