Kill the GM 12/18/15 - 11am PST

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
edited December 2015 in General Discussion
HELLOOOOO FORSAKEN WORLD!!!

"Hey Dom! Happy Holidays! :D"

And a most happy of holidays to you... Which reminds me... The Holidays can be a very stressful time, what with all the shopping and waiting in lines, and the creepy mall Santa’s, it can drive people CRAZY! I think it’s about time that everyone took a moment, take a deep breath and blow off a little steam. As a very wise man once said…

For the thousands in attendance… and the millions watching around the globe…
Ladies and Gentlemen…
LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!

"0.0"

That’s right my friends, the Forsaken World Team is very proud to present to you a very special Livestream to kick off a special weekend long event to get some of that Holiday aggression out!

KILL THE GM

Yes my friends, the rules are very simple. Kill the GM By any means necessary.

Oh but right about now you’re thinking that you have this covered. That you’ve KILLED the GM too many times already… Well let’s just say our Friend BathroomToast has volunteered and we hooked him up pretty good. Yes Friends, He’ll be the one with the full set of completely fortified GM gear on. Oh yeah, and we gave him permission to use his GM Powers for evil.

So if you think you’ve got what it takes, come and join us! There will be prizes involved for everyone who participates!

Here’s how this will work:

BathroomToast will enter the US Cross Server and play in the 12 v 12 Frostgate Fjord Battlefields

- The Objective for the opposing team will be to kill BathroomToast by any means necessary.
- The Objective for BathroomToast’s Team will be to keep him alive
- This Event is First Come First Served
- Players Caught afk for the duration of the match are not eligible for prizes.

At the End of the match, BathroomToast will select 2 players from his team whom he thinks defended the GM the most effectively, and 2 players from the opposing team whom he feels killed him the most successfully. Those 4 players will each Receive something amazing.

All Eligible Players in the match will also get something shiny

For those of you who join us on Our Official Twitch Channel MANY amazing Prizes are in store for you... Well that, and watch some of the strongest players ever go down in a blaze of glory... Yes... The gauntlet has been thrown.

So sharpen your Scythes, and Hone your skill… The GM’s coming… Are you ready?

The Time: Friday 12/18/15 11am-12:30pm PST
The Place: US Cross Server
The Twitch: www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community
Post edited by thenamesdomino on

Comments

• azariel13
    azariel13 Posts: 72 Arc User
    Oooh, now this is an event that sounds fun.
    I don't even care about the prizes honestly but GM killing/protecting events are hella fun \o/
  • thenamesdomino
    edited December 2015
    Not like this though.

Preliminary tests run in 1 on 1 combat I with this set up, I have yet to go below half health. Your deaths will be glorious...

Bring it on.
  • develichious2
    develichious2 Posts: 178 Arc User
    Sounds like an interesting event, but hope you'll do something similar for us on the EU servers who cant partake in this event.
    Good luck to ya'll on the US servers tho!

Develich
  • gamma2test2only
    gamma2test2only Posts: 95 Arc User
    The "LAG" set will kill to others teams for sure :p
    (if can, i will try watch it, but i remember these event make me see much "ghosts" and ugly pings and still with main, some case get more 40k hp damage in one strike + 2 seconds waiting for see I get hit.... = die sure).
  • divineauroras
    divineauroras Posts: 138 Arc User

Not like this though.

Preliminary tests run in 1 on 1 combat I with this set up, I have yet to go below half health. Your deaths will be glorious...

Bring it on.

Challenge accepted!!!

SirFanion.jpg
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage), DivineAuror (Divine Priest), SirFanion (Elemental Warrior); Allied with Rhondelyn and DarqueShadow
  • alelujahaptism
    alelujahaptism Posts: 30 Arc User
    Come to EU server and ill swing my hammer like a wrecking ball
  • thenamesdomino
    Besides the ability to travel at 500% foot speed, the boots don't add much to it... The GOLD BOOTS on the other hand, fully fortified and ID'd to add crit do. I'll be swapping boots in the event I need to make a daring escape... Or I could just go invisible... that one works too. But you are correct.

• amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    demon will probably eat through that np
  • thenamesdomino
    amarantos said:

demon will probably eat through that np

Dont be too sure about that. :)
  • fwcupcake
    fwcupcake Posts: 28 Arc User
    QQ am I able to heal you to death? Kinda sucks for the non-DPS specs
  • thenamesdomino
    Maybe not kill but you might end up on my team... those who protect me will be equally rewarded
  • xpeldme
    xpeldme Posts: 35 Arc User
    Seriously when did a PvE game turn into an all out PvP game? Been here since closed beta and it's getting really tiresome that the PvP'ers get the good gears, the best rewards etc. And I'm not "QQ'ing" just stating a fact. Some of us are just PvE'ers playing a PvE game and we get screwed on gears etc. BTW I do have the full champ set with level 4 wings, and no not Azure wings, and a player with EB gears with lvl 3 wings has more attk, hp etc although my masteries/res, gems etc are higher than the PvP player. It's ridiculous to say the least.
  • freeyaa
    freeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    xpeldme wrote: »
    Seriously when did a PvE game turn into an all out PvP game?

Uhm when has FW ever been a PvE game?!??? justlol.
    The only reason there's PvE and mixed servers in our version is because the western audience in general are huge crybabies. There's literally no real end game content for PvE (like instances and raids for capped players, with drops for capped players... you know? like in games that actually ARE PvE oriented?^^).

xpeldme wrote: »
    BTW I do have the full champ set with level 4 wings, and no not Azure wings, and a player with EB gears with lvl 3 wings has more attk, hp etc although my masteries/res, gems etc are higher than the PvP player. It's ridiculous to say the least.

I'm sorry but you must be doing something terribly wrong, because I have better stats on my Lv2 winged PvE farming gears than on my Lv3 PvP gears (hp , def, mast and atk wise that is). Ok I'm still running around with my old arena gears but lv85 arena gears still have lower stats. Hell even Lv90 gears would have little less ATK base stats than 88 champ set has and there's no pve intensity on PvP gears... So if PvP geared players outperform you in PvE situations... well...​​
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • vyadhosblack
    vyadhosblack Posts: 156 Arc User

Not like this though.

Bring it on.

*sharpens claws and polishes teeth*

ARRRRRAARRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

*summons the pack for a kill*
    [img][/img]CattsNewCar_zpsrxfpdjpl.jpg

• thenamesdomino

Now THIS is what I'm talking about! *Does Bruce Lee neck and knuckle crack*

• divineauroras
    divineauroras Posts: 138 Arc User

Not like this though.

Bring it on.

Challenge accepted!!!

o/ for getting killed by GM.

Was my first livestream event, and very fun! (despite getting roflstomped)

Thank you everyone from the community who showed up!
    SirFanion.jpg
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage), DivineAuror (Divine Priest), SirFanion (Elemental Warrior); Allied with Rhondelyn and DarqueShadow
  • known2figures
    known2figures Posts: 129 Arc User
    Much too early for an event when there are people with jobs that work around this time.
  • thenamesdomino
    That's why it's ALL weekend long
  • vyadhosblack
    edited December 2015

Well, the pack showed up, we saw , we sniffed around, those of us that ended up on the preys team had a few good laughs. We watched as he took out the other team in one fell swoop. Will try again over the weekend and see what happens.

• vyadhosblack

Dont be too sure about that. :)

Watched a Demon take Toast down and turn him to crumbs... Sadly, I was not able to get into the last 2 FF runs in the Live Stream event.

• known2figures
    known2figures Posts: 129 Arc User

That's why it's ALL weekend long

People work on weekends
  • tatermega
    tatermega Posts: 12 Arc User
    Then thats too bad for them, cant pander to everyone.
  • abrasivejingan
    abrasivejingan Posts: 37 Arc User
    smexy11 said:

Maybe not kill but you might end up on my team... those who protect me will be equally rewarded

helloo gm, just a question. When will you give rewards to those who actually kill you in battle? are you waiting end of event or?
    Wondering the same thing.
  • tatermega
    tatermega Posts: 12 Arc User
    smexy11 said:

he just said in ff that he will be sending rewards to winners today after the matches

So after the FF's today people from yesterday get theirs as well? Sorry bit confused on how it works lol