combat assist issues

recyo
recyo Posts: 21 Arc User
anyone else having issues with the combat assist? i press shift+z it wont work, i try changing the hotkey still nothing. i have to shift+x to open and click X not a big issue just wondering if others are having it. one of my guildmate also said she is experiencing the same issue. odd

Comments

• hits4hire
    hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
    last time I had that issue I had to reboot my pc to return proper functionality to the combat assist. Give that a try,
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • freeyaa
    freeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    This happens to me from time to time, it's a mysterious issue that appears on the forums every now and then. Nobody seems to know what causes it (except that it's said to happen after your computer has been running for several days/weeks) and why it's only the combat assist that is affected (you can literally put another function on the same key combination and it will work, you can also bind the combat assist to another key combination and it still WON'T work).

Anywho... rebooting the computer always helsp me if it happens and it also seems to work for most other people with that problem.​​
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • recyo
    recyo Posts: 21 Arc User
    restarting my pc worked, my guildmate restarts their pc all the time. thanks for the help Raz. also thank you freeyaa for the info
  • hits4hire
    hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
    The game is notorious for memory leaks in extended botting sessions. These memory leaks will eventually cause issues with the combat assist and will exhaust system resources. Rebooting clears the game completely out of memory, hence why rebooting works.
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    hits4hire said:

The game is notorious for memory leaks in extended botting sessions. These memory leaks will eventually cause issues with the combat assist and will exhaust system resources. Rebooting clears the game completely out of memory, hence why rebooting works.

Well isnt about extended botting sessions for sure cuz is something i dont do from ages (since i log in fw for max 2 hours, mostly 1 hour a day) and still i got that bugged 1 week ago or so, is more about kboard and Windows, but yes, defo is about the pc not restarted from days (nvw2 also totally fk up if your pc is running from too long).

Scorpioluca
  • semitroll
    semitroll Posts: 79 Arc User
    Look in the last post here for the real cause.