auction week

Comments

• catxkitty
    catxkitty Posts: 12 Arc User
    btw domino, if i bid n won the ring, is it gonna be bound when i collect it from AH?
  • ichibantheleader
    ichibantheleader Posts: 71 Arc User
    <---too poor to participate in auction event orz
  • catxkitty
    catxkitty Posts: 12 Arc User
    ahh icic thx for the info :)
  • endless013
    endless013 Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/endless_011/Untitled_1.jpg[/IMG] Drugs are (fun) bad, M'kay, you shouldn't do drugs
    Post edited by endless013 on
    GoDieNow, Reaper (bloodwind) lvl110... Mr_E, Assassin (venom) lvl92...
    GoDiePlz, Demon (hellfire) lvl110... Not_Inuyasha, Assassin (Venom) lvl81
    CrispyDjinn, Warden (Sun Ray) lvl110 ... PlayerName, Shooter (Presicion/Burst) lvl85
    endless_XIII, Protector (Granite) lvl95... ****_McKenzy, Vampire (Blood/Dark) lvl lvl81
  • acchanmiku
    acchanmiku Posts: 76 Arc User
    Oh com'on! So next one will be balerion at 150D at least ._. still not worth for a mount that you can drop, being a lot luck.
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    necklace where they didnt even bother fixing the typo, lazy pwe
  • chiffoncake
    chiffoncake Posts: 359 Arc User
    Nice! 700-800d worth (mats average), around 300d bid so far, I bet it will be less than what it worth to win it if you have money to bid and save bunch time to collect mats. Good luck! This is the best Auction event, hope can come more often, I will throw my money in after I done wing4 (one thing at a time >.>)
  • freeyaa
    freeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Nice! 700-800d worth (mats average)

wew your server sounds expensive^^​​
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • raven009x
    raven009x Posts: 23 Arc User
    :* flame crystal price 3d on Illiyfue
  • freeyaa
    freeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    Average price on Dyos is 1.3-1.5D, it's kinda hilarious considering prices of almost everything else started to sky rocket into ludicrous hights ever since they started with the monthly login events and stuff.​​
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    So.. how much were those necklaces sold for??

• infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    I didn't bother to read this entire thread, so don't mind me if someone else has already made the same argument.

This event, while unique and interesting is limited to the top ~10% of FW players who are already stronger than everyone else, to the point of being able to stock up so much money to afford exorbitant items such as these. These players are already in control, and by having an event such as this you're ONLY catering toward them pretty much. If that was the point of this event, to thank your Monarchs and extremely dedicated players then okay; those players might deserve it after paying so many PWE employee's paychecks. However, realize that it's unfair to the majority of the player base.

I encourage events, unique and fun. But not stuff like this, where powerful items are put up for the rich and powerful to bid on exclusively. I'm not sure if Domino or PWE realize that most players don't walk around with 400d+ in their pockets.

If this event were to be repeated, sell cosmetic items only, like mounts, fashion, handhelds, titles, heck even pets. But gold gear? Sorry, no please.

You can take this as me QQ'ing because I can't afford such items, which you're not wrong. I just personally think an event held by the developers should be available to the entire community. Not to the bigshots who already destroy everyone in PvP and HR.

Thanks for reading.
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • infamous628
    natsss said:

well yeah not much people have 400d+ in the pocket but you can have friend or guild

and bigshots who already destroy everyone in PvP and HR .... well pvp is another part it's gonna be a long post

for HR honestly it's not gonna change a lot bcause whatever you say the 1st is HR is 1st because he tryhard ( champion gear rather than elemental and full crit damage build ) and also gameplay (i mean position and how you sustain yourself get the mob etcetc maybe player think that's stupid but it change a lot if you max your point in each room you could win 5-20 pts/room )

That wasn't really my point, my point was that the event was for wealthy people. And that the average player had no chance of winning anything, also that selling very powerful gear should be nono.
    Lionheart Server
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • infamous628
    edited November 2015

the rich won nothing they paid for it. And for exemple we did help a guild mate to get it, like we do with every other gold gear we have :) this one was just quicker than most other we made eheh

I know technically they didn't "win" it, they payed for it technically earning it. But still the event is practically exclusive to rich OP's.

In my opinion, any event held by PWE should never be exclusive, or gold related.
    Lionheart Server
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
  • conterkiller
    edited November 2015

I didn't bother to read this entire thread, so don't mind me if someone else has already made the same argument.

This event, while unique and interesting is limited to the top ~10% of FW players who are already stronger than everyone else, to the point of being able to stock up so much money to afford exorbitant items such as these. These players are already in control, and by having an event such as this you're ONLY catering toward them pretty much. If that was the point of this event, to thank your Monarchs and extremely dedicated players then okay; those players might deserve it after paying so many PWE employee's paychecks. However, realize that it's unfair to the majority of the player base.

I encourage events, unique and fun. But not stuff like this, where powerful items are put up for the rich and powerful to bid on exclusively. I'm not sure if Domino or PWE realize that most players don't walk around with 400d+ in their pockets.

If this event were to be repeated, sell cosmetic items only, like mounts, fashion, handhelds, titles, heck even pets. But gold gear? Sorry, no please.

You can take this as me QQ'ing because I can't afford such items, which you're not wrong. I just personally think an event held by the developers should be available to the entire community. Not to the bigshots who already destroy everyone in PvP and HR.

Thanks for reading.

Even tho im not a fan of this event.. since i see your point of it becoming a directly event for high CSrs or farmers..

IF their intent is actually to remove some ingame gold from circulation and create a new goldsink ingame.. i doubt it'd be very effective if its done with only mounts or fashions.. since those are never really very expensive.. except for dragon mounts..
    but orb mounts and fashions are never as expensive, so they'd have to either do this event really often (which would probably make the event items less valuable over time)..

In Eyrda i think only the red dragon got bought.. and it wasnt for nearly as much as the accesory..

but yeah.. if their intention is to make people use a LOT of gold so they can remove it from circulation.. i doubt it'd be very effective if its not done with this kind of gear/items..

And like people said.. the CSrs didnt just win it.. they literally paid for it..
    if anything all they won was.. the time and effort of having to buy all the items.. lol

• infamous628
    edited November 2015

Even tho im not a fan of this event.. since i see your point of it becoming a directly event for high CSrs or farmers..

IF their intent is actually to remove some ingame gold from circulation and create a new goldsink ingame.. i doubt it'd be very effective if its done with only mounts or fashions.. since those are never really very expensive.. except for dragon mounts..
    but orb mounts and fashions are never as expensive, so they'd have to either do this event really often (which would probably make the event items less valuable over time)..

In Eyrda i think only the red dragon got bought.. and it wasnt for nearly as much as the accesory..

but yeah.. if their intention is to make people use a LOT of gold so they can remove it from circulation.. i doubt it'd be very effective if its not done with this kind of gear/items..

And like people said.. the CSrs didnt just win it.. they literally paid for it..
    if anything all they won was.. the time and effort of having to buy all the items.. lol

You do bring up a good point, by doing this event they did remove money from the game, which after the final OP login event with the Mercury Statues it definitely was necessary.

I see it like this, with an event held by PWE the entire playerbase should be allowed to participate. Sure, technically everyone can, but this isn't a perfect world (no pun intended) not everyone has the money laying around to afford this item at an instant. Also take into consideration, by regularly getting gold gear with Flame Crystals, time is restrictive. It's hard to collect 100-300 FC's quickly, I know this from personal experience.

If this is a 1 off, great. It eliminated some of the excess gold from the game. However if it is to be repeated, try in some way to possibly involve everyone (pretty much impossible, based on the nature of said event).
    Lionheart Server
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
  • preludesz
    preludesz Posts: 33 Arc User

You do bring up a good point, by doing this event they did remove money from the game, which after the final OP login event with the Mercury Statues it definitely was necessary.

I see it like this, with an event held by PWE the entire playerbase should be allowed to participate. Sure, technically everyone can, but this isn't a perfect world (no pun intended) not everyone has the money laying around to afford this item at an instant. Also take into consideration, by regularly getting gold gear with Flame Crystals, time is restrictive. It's hard to collect 100-300 FC's quickly, I know this from personal experience.

If this is a 1 off, great. It eliminated some of the excess gold from the game. However if it is to be repeated, try in some way to possibly involve everyone (pretty much impossible, based on the nature of said event).
    I am sure the goal of this was to remove a large amount of gold from circulation, while in the guise of an event.

• methy#3490
    methy#3490 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    preludesz said:

I am sure the goal of this was to remove a large amount of gold from circulation, while in the guise of an event.

I think you right preludesz, i started playing this game couple months now. The gold is really high in this game. So high i had to actually buy Eyrda leafs to get items to sell to get most of my gold. Its really hard for new players to keep up unless they use real money. Also i just wanna put this out here, but why not do some events besides ''bidding in AH'' so that way everyone has a chance to win. Like Hide and Seek events. Trying to find Domino on a map. Thiers so many hiding places *-*. Or True and False questions about the game FW. their are so many ways to do events with those 'Awesome items,' so everyone can participate. - Just a thought. :3

IGN: lMethyl Guild: Rohans

• negemaa
    negemaa Posts: 71 Arc User

Thanks for reading.

+1 To this, reason is that, what I call the "1%" is the group of people with enough power and money to do alot of things normal grinders can't do. As much as this event is good in aspect wise, the overall concept of it is not really fundamental on a gameplay level. You would want an event that provides enough satisfaction to the playerbase, not towards certain individuals that are capable of obtaining certain items because they have resources. But hey it's fw certain things are just handed out to the 1% over the 99% and the fact that certain people bid on these things is redundant in it's own way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • conterkiller

ok i ll try to show you how this could satisfy more than one people : DONT BE SELFISH :)

all my guild is really satisfied , we did put ressources together to help one of our mate getting it. This was mainly a guild auction for us. And our main "opponents" on this necklace was not an individual as well, but another guild doing the same as us.

How much did you guys bought it for?