auction week

Comments

• amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    i have 2 komog mounts myself and sold a 3rd scale that i found on AH to a friend and have seen 2 others drop just from my guild, with the number of easy dragon 1 runs per week its not hard to wait for a scale, certainly better than paying 70d for it lol. even other players who bought the mount from npc only to sell in wc for higher got to 30-40d tops...
  • demon776977
    demon776977 Posts: 84 Arc User
    Useless first mount ... nobody will buy it x)
  • xpeldme
    xpeldme Posts: 35 Arc User
    Seriously!!! You expect the regular playerbase to have 70 Diamonds to start a bid on a mount!!!! You people are more screwed up than most of us think!!! You need to go back to drawing board, this is a huge kick in our arses!!
  • nickvv
    nickvv Posts: 340 Arc User
    won 2 of them myself, they dont go for more than 5D on my server.. thats 18d worth.
  • chiffoncake
    chiffoncake Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Ok, now we know the problem is "70D", good mount-good event-good thing is in 24 hours, after PW_Auction can either re-auction or keep it for yourself, and hopefully they will reduce the bid since no one bid it, "if" they really want to have someone buy it xD

p/s: I don't do komog raid for free mount, no time/lazy*, so I rather pay for it ;p
  • known2figures
    known2figures Posts: 129 Arc User
    you go right on ahead and pay 70d for that wayyyy overpriced mount, instead of investing that into something more important.
  • azariel13
    azariel13 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Dear lord, although I've seen Komog go for maybe 40D when he first came out, that's a fair bit lower then 70D.
    If you really want it to be an Auction that's at all fun for the player-base then start the bids at one copper and let the server decide for themselves what it's worth.
    I'm guessing this is just a desperate attempt to deflate the economy as it seems PWE has decided to worth-while log-in events, if you have brains, keep your money people.
    I sincerely most if not all servers let it time-out XD

OH also, inb4 Elemental Gear Pack, 40D starting bid!
    Post edited by azariel13 on
  • backfromdeath
    backfromdeath Posts: 31 Arc User
    70d jesus... lol
  • freeyaa
    freeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    someone bid 72D on shylia XD

Srsly?! No offense... but that's just dumb lol.​​
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • kaliflower
    kaliflower Posts: 53 Arc User
    75.70D on lionheart x)
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User

• chiffoncake
    LoL I would joke about PW_Auction2 outbid PW_Auction1 ;p
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    natsss said:

amarantos said:

does domino know you can just buy a komog in game for 13d....

and do amarantos know that you should loot the scale item in the dragon 1 first and that's quite rare
    Lol.. komog is more common than orb mounts..
    theres like 10 in our server o.o

• jazerk
    jazerk Posts: 41 Arc User
    amarantos said:

well the maximum price on any auction item is 99.99.99d, so if the item is valuable enough (or someone with alot of gold is a big enough jerk) all it will take is one person placing maximum bid, e.g goes to the quickest rich person.

some food for thought tho, if domino is going to be the one in charge of this: it was mentioned on the podcast domino was part of an "1800 club" in a previous job where he devoted 20 hours a day to the job. now, i know several players on this game have put alot of time towards certain things or have gone against their time zones to be present for events. some have even spent an entire 24 hours setting an alarm every hour on the hour in order to participate in an in-game event. i know domino works hard for us, but if he once worked as hard as 20 hour days for a job, is it really so terrible to set the auction to convenient server times and not pwe time, to set up the accounts ahead of time and just set an alarm to log in and put the item up for bid...like so many players have also done for the game.

/rant, inb4 aint nobody got the time or cares fo dat

It sounds like sheepclouds idea
  • ichibantheleader
    ichibantheleader Posts: 71 Arc User
    someone bid 75d on lionheart...
  • gio#4911
    gio#4911 Posts: 790 Arc User

natsss said:

amarantos said:

and do amarantos know that you should loot the scale item in the dragon 1 first and that's quite rare
    Its not THAT rare xD We got like 4 mounts just in our Guild. Probably around 20+ on whole server. Event then, no one paid more than 20D for it, except maybe when expansion first came.

Seems like as usual GM missed the ball on knowing whats priced on which servers for how much. If only they put time in playing on the various servers, or even just watching the World Chat every few hours per day.
    Komog Order! Lets buy a Balerion to gini!!! ;)

'I had a dream that I was one, that became two, that became one again.
    I looked through my dark half's eyes and knew, the hunt must end.
    Now we shall see...what lies at the dream's end.' UrVa, the Archer

• madjen
    madjen Posts: 146 Arc User
    natsss said:

amarantos said:

Not as rare as having 70D in your bank account.... Some ppl just dont have that much gold in the game.
    vampiregir_m6cy4wf1.gif
    “Through me you go into a city of weeping; through me you go into eternal pain; through me you go amongst the lost people”
    Inferno
    Insanna ~ Pyro Artist
    Immortal ~ Illy
  • bloodreaperfw
    bloodreaperfw Posts: 79 Arc User
    70d is just way too much for a komog mount
    Level 100 BloodWind
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • sobe25
    sobe25 Posts: 166 Arc User
    100% sure that the reason for this event and its prices, is to remove some gold out of play in the servers. Makes me think they regretted the login event rewards lol.
    xn855c.png
    Created by my amazing wife!
  • conterkiller
    sobe25 said:

100% sure that the reason for this event and its prices, is to remove some gold out of play in the servers. Makes me think they regretted the login event rewards lol.

ROFLMAO yeah.. thats what i was thinking too..
    they made so much ingame gold out of thin air.. and now they're trying to create "gold sinks" to take some of the gold out of the game.. lol

• conterkiller
    edited November 2015
    New Auction started yet??
    i saw a GM toon claiming a golden accesory earlier.. but its not in the AH yet.. any luck in other servers?

Edit>
    Yeeeh there it is.. lv78 Golden ring of accuracy!! lol

• madjen
    madjen Posts: 146 Arc User

New Auction started yet??
    i saw a GM toon claiming a golden accesory earlier.. but its not in the AH yet.. any luck in other servers?

Edit>
    Yeeeh there it is.. lv78 Golden ring of accuracy!! lol

Yeah.... lmao.. and starting bid at 100D

vampiregir_m6cy4wf1.gif
    “Through me you go into a city of weeping; through me you go into eternal pain; through me you go amongst the lost people”
    Inferno
    Insanna ~ Pyro Artist
    Immortal ~ Illy
  • chiffoncake

sobe25 said:

they made so much ingame gold out of thin air.. and now they're trying to create "gold sinks" to take some of the gold out of the game.. lol
    Only one winner per day (if someone bid), so either 5 ppl or less will spend 100D more or less for the items, this event does not "remove some gold out of players", rather give the rich a chance to buy what they missed xD Market is like 1leaf:1g ratio, most items according the ratio to list the price as well, so we gonna spend more to get the stuff which already "remove some gold out" unless there will be the day when 1leaf:40s 3yrs ago, spent less and got more.
  • arkonazvesda
    arkonazvesda Posts: 1 Arc User
    Did anyone in Eyrda bid on the Komog? :o
  • conterkiller

sobe25 said:

Only one winner per day (if someone bid), so either 5 ppl or less will spend 100D more or less for the items, this event does not "remove some gold out of players", rather give the rich a chance to buy what they missed xD Market is like 1leaf:1g ratio, most items according the ratio to list the price as well, so we gonna spend more to get the stuff which already "remove some gold out" unless there will be the day when 1leaf:40s 3yrs ago, spent less and got more.
    Yea but rather than have the gold circle back into the system.. it gets removed. unless the GM pretends to use this gold to buy stuff from players.. if he doesnt.. then the gold gets removed from circulation

• hits4hire
    hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    amarantos said:

freeyaa said:

First off, the max is 999.99.99 not 99.99.99

Secondly, due to p-servers majority of people already knows how to glitch-bid even 4 digit amounts of diamonds up to the bag limit of gold.​

the game literally will not let you (legally) bid past 99.99.99.99D. feel free to test it yourself. when putting an item up for auction sure you can manage to enter in a bid price over 99D, like 599D, but once you actually list the item it caps at 99D. and if you have more than say 110D in your bag and try to bid on the item, where it says next highest bid needs to be 101D+, it will not let you. because thats the cap.

but, thanks for bringing possible glitching to dominos attention (assuming he even reads this thread), so he can know that if any bids go for more than 99D99g99s99c a ban is in order ;)

just saying. unless i've missed something.
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    The 99 Max bid is still there but you can bid higher than that. Bug Fixed.