SOLUTION TO BRING BACK PVP especially on zodiac & elementary BOSS on european server

iso5069
iso5069 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
hi !

I think reducing the max members of a guild (between 18 and 24 people max) and also reducing the guild alliance slot(2 slot only) will make the PVP back on several PVP servers cause nowadays on some server there is 5 guilds together and it's just like impossible to face them even with the other part of the whole server.
With these changes it will be necessary to think new solutions to delock 85 zodiac and also think to change the rift system.

I believe that this solution will enable bored pro pvp player not to leave the game , and guils rulling on server not to rule with no shares.

ty for understanding
Post edited by iso5069 on

Comments

• sobe25
    sobe25 Posts: 166 Arc User
    Only 18-24 people max?? We have nearly double that online during peak hours and we are by far not the largest guild on Storm lol. Good luck trying to convince anyone to leave their guilds for the sake of pvp. Probably the worst idea I have ever heard on this forum to improve anything..
    xn855c.png
    Created by my amazing wife!
  • morsaeterna
    morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    iso5069 said:

hi !

I think reducing the max members of a guild (between 18 and 24 people max) and also reducing the guild alliance slot(2 slot only) will make the PVP back on several PVP servers cause nowadays on some server there is 5 guilds together and it's just like impossible to face them even with the other part of the whole server.
    With these changes it will be necessary to think new solutions to delock 85 zodiac and also think to change the rift system.

I believe that this solution will enable bored pro pvp player not to leave the game , and guils rulling on server not to rule with no shares.

ty for understanding

Ok fist of all this is a terrible idea and im not gonna tell why since people already explained it.
    Second, if they would only add pvp protection for raid/party members and not guild members that would make the fights more interesting since it wouldnt matter if you are from the same guild if you are not in the raid you will be damaged. This way alliances and guild members need to think new strategies to survive there since their core group can damage everybody around them with aoes.
    Also this setting could bring chance to weaker guilds to distrupt formations and letting another guild took the leading.
    People would actually need to think how to handle mass assasin attacks on main tanks, charging prots or suicide attacks from demons.
    They would need to create defensive patrolls around the bosses, stealth groups to take out fast coming enemies and sky patrol (needs pvp sky).
  • morsaeterna
    natsss said:

suicide rush is op strat :p

If done with that suicide demon skill than yes:D
  • iso5069
    iso5069 Posts: 4 Arc User
    natsss said:

we bring it back and then they stopped because too hard to fight 3 hours 2 days lol not enought loot cant bot anymore so just quit coming xd

natsss I can't see 2v6 but 1v7+ and u r too arrogant (for someone who doesnt manage to kill arendhell 1v1 in crucible) and an advice be more modest ...

on this topic you can find the opinion of your friends on the subject :) enjoy

http://www.arcgames.com/fr/forums/fwfr#/discussion/84952/forsaken-world-dans-un-autre-univers/p1

dim69latrick you mean u dont worth better than this ppl linking this post? and allies doesnt mean friends ...

and ty all for ur answers it wasn't to make polemic but just having advices ;)

hoping to see u in the game

• jhereg4250
    jhereg4250 Posts: 485 Arc User
    Storm Rift was pretty damn fun last week. I expect it to be so again this week.

When there are two major alliance groups involving guilds of all sizes going at it, even the smaller ones get in on the fun. I fully expect the guys who lost last week to come at us with venom and vigor.
  • jessieslutx
    jessieslutx Posts: 4 Arc User
    Even though the thread states that its about a European server I'll share my thoughts about our US PvP Server.

In our server on Eyrda it can be as bad as 6 vs 50 at Zodiac's and thats on a PvP server mind you not. Only 1 small guild at the moment dares to oppose the huge alliance it faces and that speaks volumes not for the small guild but for the sad state of the Server.

The Majority of players are simply put too scared, demoralized and not motivated to go at all. With the spiteful aura amongst a lot of guilds and players who have in some shape way or form backstabed / PK'd / trashtalked eachother, ontop of having members feeling out geared and out numbered it leaves almost no desire to team up against the current alliance.

For Eyrda the solution for the server itself is the mindset. All it is now is a remnant of its former glorious days. Where nowadays people just can't seem to take losing battles and just trash talk from a far behind a safe wall we call "safezone". While punning every little victory where they do want to fight like Rift but anywhere else like Arena or open world PvP they will stay silent keeping PvP dead. The mentality of talking about "potato's" 24/7 in a "kum-ba-ya" fashion has to stop and people need too just PvP, however as of the last couple of months that will just not change.

Thats as far as the servers "communities" attitude goes though on our server, but for game mechanics to not discourage people from PvP is to implement ways to gain mentor points more easily. Cause PvP should not just be limited to Zodiac's or Elementals where nearby "on the ground" you automatically flag orange. Mentor Arena of Souls should come back [eventually?] and other ways to gain mentor points will make it easier for people to not feel as if their durability goes to waste once they intentionally or accidentally go redname.

Another issue is the population size. It is too small in our server and it might be the same for other servers to keep up PvP the way it was intended. With what feels like over half the players population not PvPing for "whatever" reason they might not be PvPing, it hurts the PvP itself during and outside of Zodiac and Elemental events. Making the game more appealing to start fresh for new players even though people are to far ahead would help out 2.

Game wise a solution could be if more worldbosses are spawned at multiple timezones. Have the requirements of killing the bosses lowered say Zodiac requires 18 people for its immunity buff to be removed or Elementals takes 700 Resistance to not have a debuff. Combined with the worldmap's size increased and multiple bosses Zodiac's at the same and or other times spawning will allow not a small alliance to dominate it and have a monopoly on it and perhaps even encourages people to go out of safezone at the very least.

Lastly a server Merge, allowing more competitive players competing against each other. The same issue however of a small alliance dominating would still be a possible problem hence spawning more Zodiacs, Daily worldbosses and Elementals at more random times and or more of them spawning at the same time could be a good possible solution to bring back PvP. But of course "a Server Merge" or multiple Servers merging would bring probably more problems in itself.

But as of now it is what it is. People feel as if their facing to many cashed players or geared players, and to many of them at the same time. Making them to scared and seeing no vision of any form of victory, making none of them go out safezone killing PvP.

And that old saying on the forum "Goodluck convincing China about it" for any change, is of course a no brainer.
  • spiceywings
    spiceywings Posts: 88 Arc User

In our server on Eyrda it can be as bad as 6 vs 50 at Zodiac's and thats on a PvP server mind you not. Only 1 small guild at the moment dares to oppose the huge alliance it faces and that speaks volumes not for the small guild but for the sad state of the Server.

The Majority of players are simply put too scared, demoralized and not motivated to go at all. With the spiteful aura amongst a lot of guilds and players who have in some shape way or form backstabed / PK'd / trashtalked eachother, ontop of having members feeling out geared and out numbered it leaves almost no desire to team up against the current alliance.

For Eyrda the solution for the server itself is the mindset. All it is now is a remnant of its former glorious days. Where nowadays people just can't seem to take losing battles and just trash talk from a far behind a safe wall we call "safezone". While punning every little victory where they do want to fight like Rift but anywhere else like Arena or open world PvP they will stay silent keeping PvP dead. The mentality of talking about "potato's" 24/7 in a "kum-ba-ya" fashion has to stop and people need too just PvP, however as of the last couple of months that will just not change.

The state of Eyrda is that the one ''small guild who dare opposes the huge alliance" has dragged their own name through the mud and made them disliked by just about anyone else who once pvped and now that they are entirely alone they want things to change. Their biggest enemy is their own immature behavior and bizarre logic on how they think others are acting. They were once part of a working and dominant alliance. They imploded because their leader sees what he wants to see and won't listen to logic or work things out like an adult. They claimed they wanted to bring pvp back. Well guess what, pvp is back, they just aren't on the winning side with no one to blame but themselves. Hiding on the same rift statue as the guilds who give them the biggest pvp challenge. Their members spend more time trash talking people who want to be left alone instead of the people they are pvping and you wonder why no one wants to help them? I could agree the current dominant alliance is a bit overkill but honestly it's a great show to watch that small guild get squashed. You all cry to put pvp working into Dimensional Wars but let's just step back and be honest Eyrda would get its butt kicked because there's so much hatred going around they'd rather kill each other than the other servers.
  • almightysaints
    almightysaints Posts: 72 Arc User
    Don't think they was asking for anything to change. other then more pvp . TBH I have seen that small guild hold their own many times . Maybe the rest of the server should stop holding hands and pvp more..
  • nragedrain
    nragedrain Posts: 113 Arc User
    In responds to "spiceywings" - "We" the small guild have never asked for help after we decided the corruption within our alliance was dealt with after we left it to beat down the new alliance but thats all ingame politics. It is about PvP, this means that regardless of "losing or winning" people should just PvP and not be discouraged by it.

The majority of the alliance had to many brag-full players not being able to backup any of their claims or PvP afterwards even with having still the majority of the player base on their side. Thus "yes" like posted due to "trashtalking" and several other reasons they do not PvP "for whatever" reason it would be, "win or lose".

Now this is not about "crying" for change due to "losing" or not being in a "favorable" position on the server, it is why people wouldn't PvP "win or lose" and only complain or pun from a far like "worldchatting from safezone" or a "forum post" etc. Hence the mentality has to change but it hasn't, not who wins or loses.

Talking about what happened specifically about a specific Alliance is somewhat on a small scale. But if you look at the big picture the population's mentality / size combined with the game mechanic's is an issue to why PvP is in a huge decline. About over half the server's population is to "scared / demoralized / not motivated" too PvP at all and many with such bold claims made in the past and false promises of PvPing but to scared to do so is somewhat reflective of Eyrda's current state which I can't say would be the same for other PvP servers.

And again Dimensional Wars was supposed to be PvP yes, I don't see much complaining about it working or not but if it was up then PvP would be a huge event and again "win or lose" we would be able too PvP even if we get our"butt's kicked" as you put it.

So I repeated it a lot of times "win or lose" in this comment you might notice and thats the difference in the players mindset. Some people lose and aren't up for a uphill battle, while others just want to PvP almost how unfair the situation gets.
  • tottiie
    tottiie Posts: 115 Arc User
    Talking about Zodiacs, make more priest weps drop on illyfue; Q-Q.
  • morsaeterna

almost 2 years ago, after more than one year beeing on the loosing side, i ve made a thread on fr forum to see with the community if we could change things. The answer i got was : ahahah, u looser, all you need is more allies, stop crying, no one likes you blablabla. So i did, and after 3 years of not having anything for my side, we took control not even 3 months ago. And after not even 3 month of beeing the loosing side, here they come asking people to change things cause pvp isnt fun, and making forum threads... That s why i ve link the old french conversation, where most of them gave there opinions XD

Thats the exact reason why i suggested that the pvp protection in raid boss zones should only affect raid members. That way no one could whine about how a certain guild with a huge alliance controls a zone. 36 player per raid and the most skilled and powerful ones would win the loot, even a small guild could win against huge ones simply by getting two different raids just close enough to make them shoot at each other.
    tottiie said:

Talking about Zodiacs, make more priest weps drop on illyfue; Q-Q.

+1

• edira
    edira Posts: 479 Arc User
    None of these 'solutions' will work to 'bring pvp back' as you put it. In very short time guilds will adapt to any new system and it will be like before.

If you don't like how it is on your server don't try to change the game mechanics but try to change your peoples mindset. You can't force people to pvp if they don't want to. And if you can't convince enough players to oppose the dominating guild/alliance then you are just out of luck. And btw, the game mechanics on zodiac and elementary bosses are fine as they are.
    ​​
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • morsaeterna

with 36 players you can NOT unlock the zodiac 85.

Im not sure how the unlock process works but i only said that the pvp protection should only affect the raid members (max 36 player). The others could be still there doing what is needed they would only need to be careful with aoes.
  • morsaeterna
    natsss said:

with 36 players you can NOT unlock the zodiac 85.

Im not sure how the unlock process works but i only said that the pvp protection should only affect the raid members (max 36 player). The others could be still there doing what is needed they would only need to be careful with aoes.
    and now lets do this on GvG aswell so we could hit each other in the guild bcause it's aint funny doing 100v100 :) better doing 33v33v33v33v33v33 ? guild leader dont fight he's the cameraman !

actually you're giving your opinion on something that you dont even know or understand it remind me curendaro that giving he's 2cents on everything because he think he's the best
    ok why not so know we are telling you that
    zod have to be unlocked with 50+ player hitting him and if someone die in the process he'll lock again or sometimes he'll stay locked because he's a little bit bugged

how could some class BE CAREFUL with aoes ?
    how do a mage do ? not using fury of ice ? only using fireball ? wind mage shouldnt play at all
    how do a MM ? salvo useless dont use it ! burst ? ok only aoe humm
    warri ? you should all go blood !

shall i continue ?

it makes me joke when we go in elemental for fight
    we didnt gets enought mana crystal for get in first so ennemies ally have 5 min advantage we go in with 18 player after 5min and wiped them on their boss get the boss reset
    then they just recall and didnt fight on other 6 boss then you see one of those player QQing lmao we were 5guild in ? no we cant the elemental boss is limited at the beginning you're talking about your superiority when we are equal number
    No need to by agressive, I though the unlock process only needs a certain amount of people to be around the boss. Sorry then, i thought i given out a simple solution to the OPs problem.

• shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    The topic "idea" will change nothing but the amount of guilds being in the "noone hurts each other, each one preys on outsiders" monopoly alliances.
    It will also not change that people not in this alliance have zero chance to get anything out of "pvp" dependant content.

Get wiped too often and you lose any interest in toon strength based PurseVersusPurse. Simple as that.
    Before even beginning to get ideas, lets see how long it takes to halfway get almost under even to the actual cashed power surge of masteries, resistances and "pvp" dependant equipment upgrades.
    Let at least the futile hope of maybe having a small possibility to "catch up" set in again, something that is currently killed by a power gap that simply has gotten much too big to ignore it.

As long as everything revolves around a "give those who have most even more power" "balance" no "mindset" will change as the constant onehit experience of lesser powered toons is not likely to motivate many to even try.

Maybe functioning matching would give a chance to enjoy more equal fights at least in Arena, FF and other battlegrounds. But then again, battle matching is something that FW never succeeded at.
    Maybe if you are really so keen on "pvp" you should just break up the monopoly alliances and go back to real guild wars and real boss fights.

As for those who still dont understand how playing a low power toon or one of the short end classes is like:
    "saying impossible and dont fight anymore "
    Same problem here: Matching. OP toons against small fry.
    No "mindset" will boost any toon to competition level.

Once the equipment disparity is too high, you can as well stand around to get killed, it will make no difference at all as players skill as well as any kind of team tactic is of no interest anymore.
    Furthermore, those who keep on cheating on the arena systems (downfarmers, gloops,etc.) will invest only minimal amounts of effort.
    In FF, the inactivity debuff will ignore those who are really inactive and punish small fry that tries to help the team by taking flags. Well done, another chance to motivate weaker toon players to take part and build up perfectly destroyed.

Players who constantly experience that their toons have no chance at all to succeed or even cause a scratch or be more than ballast for their team will stop "fighting" battle tanks with toothpicks.

I can understand that "pvp" players dislike the lack of cannonfodder, but as far as i can see i know of no well powered toon player who really understands why so few people try to "compete" and so many just give up on something that is more and more unreachable for them.
    And since some just dont want to understand we have ample supply of "stop whining" flamery, making people wonder why they should put effort into being part of a group of so well educated lowkiller gentlemen.

Balance, matching, realistic chances to build up a toon to be more than a onehit nuisance.

And then we can go talking about esoteric stuff like "mindsets". Just letting your aggressive mother in law play your toon wont make it more powerful.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]