Which tree is best for pve?

MarineBE - Illyfue
MarineBE - Illyfue Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Reaper Discussion
I"m guessing blood brawler is best for 1v1 pvp, but I'm going to play almost exclusively pve on my reaper.

Which tree would you say is best for pve? wind or shadow? I'm shadow right now but it's a little confusing.
Is a shadow reaper as good of a tanker as a stoneman? or more of an off tank? and is a wind reaper's aoe comparable to a mage's? which would you say is the most needed in instances?

Just looking for general guidance. Thanks
Post edited by MarineBE - Illyfue on

Comments

• DoomRaven - Storm Legion
    DoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nope, bloodwind is by far the best for pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
  • westberlin7
    westberlin7 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    it is confusing still cant figure out which tree is better to pve bloodwind or brawl , wind seems to be aoe while dark in single target the same seems to apply into pvp in a certain manner
  • DethStrike - Storm Legion
    DethStrike - Storm Legion Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Bloodbrawl appears to be the most PvE oriented out of all the trees. Though, it can be argued that Shadowbind can serve for a PvE tank. As far as tanking capabilities compared to a Stoneman, I'd say it'd give it a good run for its money at the very least, due to all the stuff that circles around its health and defense. PvE wise it has plenty of taunting capability. In terms of raw Defense though, I think the Stoneman would still have an edge.
  • __Davinia_ - Lionheart
    __Davinia_ - Lionheart Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Shadowbind is the best tree far as pve play, if you like tanking like me this would be the ideal tree to use because of its AOE and DPS skills its perfect for also one on one too because the skills are mutifunctional. Like I said if you like pve and tanking Shadowbind is the tree for your reaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Davinia -Lightning Mage
    Shelvan - Shadowbind Reaper
    Serving under the banner of Avatar
    Carebears or not
    We are a friendly and sane server :P Long Live Lionheart!!!
  • Cheerful - Eyrda
    Cheerful - Eyrda Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Do not say shadowbind is best for pve because of taunts lol. That's like saying an aegis warrior is pve because it has taunts. Taunt means little to nothing in pve now days unless you're running with super undergeared parties. Much like aegis too, almost all the other talents of shadowbind are pvp oriented - lots of debuffs, etc that are not very effective in pve.

PvE is almost entirely about pure dps. In that regards, go bloodbrawl or bloodwind. Bloodwind is great because of aoe, but bloodbrawl has some nasty single target dps. Personally I see bloodbrawl as the most pve centric tree, since like a bloodlust warrior tree, it is almost entirely about pure spike dps.

If you want to tank and deal insane spike dps, go bloodbrawl. If you want to aoe the **** out of groups of mobs, go bloodwind. Don't go shadowbind for pure pve unless you just love the tree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DoomRaven - Storm Legion
    DoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    When will people realize taunt's, aggro and defense are USELESS in PVE! Even undergeared you get op people in party...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
  • enidshand2
    enidshand2 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a now lvl 80 shadow tank and at 77 he could hold aggro on every boss against OP dps no problem. Today was with a 89 Vamp and held aggro just fine. as far as prots and wars go.. not even close to taking aggro from me.
    Wow nice job on ghosted packs... T;Astonished
  • fes2000
    fes2000 Posts: 8
    edited July 2014
    Bloodbrawl seems the best for pve.
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    enidshand2 wrote: »
    I have a now lvl 80 shadow tank and at 77 he could hold aggro on every boss against OP dps no problem. Today was with a 89 Vamp and held aggro just fine. as far as prots and wars go.. not even close to taking aggro from me.

Why do you want to tank tho? ^^ That OP person most likely got bigger HP base and defense than you so its easier to heal that tank than a "random" person at tank tree. (no offense meant by that)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • Isock - Eyrda
    Isock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    im not sure, shadowbind gets extra health per resistences
    and a blood reaper whit high resistences and arena gear could get somewhat nice boost
    15hp per resistences so 15x800=12000
    and the extra tenacity like 260 extra

and whit all the stuff that it gets for recovering hp

soo it is pve or pvp? o.o

havent seen many reapers so no idea what it is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wlt307
    wlt307 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014

What tree are you calling a blood tank?
  • tork77
    tork77 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    enidshand2 wrote: »
    wlt307 wrote: »

Deja Vu ? o.o
  • Chochlik - Storm Legion
    Chochlik - Storm Legion Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When will people realize taunt's, aggro and defense are USELESS in PVE! Even undergeared you get op people in party...

Not really Doom.
    Defence can be helpful.
  • destinyterror3
    destinyterror3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hi all i m new player sorry to writ in this topic but can't writ a new one same kind need permission
    well just need someone explain to me the difference btw this two class reapers and vampires and what the best for solo if possible since i did never see someone solo i this game -_-
  • tatermega
    tatermega Posts: 12 Arc User
    Old post but eh, least taunts are now more useful now then they were when this was posted so shadowbind is useful but lack of the dps like the other two can make it a pain.
  • corowns
    corowns Posts: 30 Arc User
    blood brawl is like edge sin wind is like ele war which do u think is stronger
  • friedpicklez#6931
    friedpicklez#6931 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I prefer using Shadowbind. However Awakening got rid of a couple of the shadowbinds taunts (Provocative cleave talent's taunt, Corrupting seizure's tant). Although the dps is quite lacking, I intend to embed Crit rate gems in my gear along with 5 points into the +Crit dmg buff for Instigator within the Bloodbrawl Tree.
  • tatermega
    tatermega Posts: 12 Arc User

I prefer using Shadowbind. However Awakening got rid of a couple of the shadowbinds taunts (Provocative cleave talent's taunt, Corrupting seizure's tant). Although the dps is quite lacking, I intend to embed Crit rate gems in my gear along with 5 points into the +Crit dmg buff for Instigator within the Bloodbrawl Tree.

Got rid of the taunts but gave them crazy high threat generation from shadewrath say got 4/3 shade runes thats 800% threat generation its crazy