Ask the Game Team...

Comments

• abraxadabra
    abraxadabra Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Have 3 questions

1. The current metagame heavily favours crit chance/damage builds,especially now with the additional id's available. (you are no chance to id crit defence or dodge on champ gear for example. but additional 3 critdamage id's are possible per piece, difficult but theoretically possible). You can try on blue gear and the arena set but again you are giving up a lot in terms of base stats. Has any though been put in to balancing this out? It seems any sort of survivability type build is heavily handicapped. Eva builds have already discussed to death with ease to get double and triple acc id's vs double and triple eva ids. and nearly all gear sets giving acc boosts. You only need to look at the showoff thread to see defensive gear is needed

2. Which brings me to my second point. There are realisitcally only 3 sets of gear anymore. There is little to no variation in gear limiting the freedom of how to build a character. It is extremely restrictive. Looking around my home server and storm: it's champ gear for the overwhelming majority, blue gear for alts, Elemental gear occasionally and arena gear users are almost non existent. What happenned to the 3 pieces of FF armor or the arena blue set for example? Why the decision to make such restrictive armor choices?

3. Crafting and jobs in general. 2 jobs are pretty much worthless right now armor smith and weaponsmith. Even jewelcraft is marginal at best. especially with the new pve rings and fortifiable rings from FF. Tamer is well, meh. Are there any plans to make the crafting jobs somewhat relelvant again?

Post edited by abraxadabra on
  • dieseldan
    dieseldan Posts: 23 Arc User
    How bout a unbind scrolls for fash , like the fash u get from 5 day check ins and u already have multis oif same thing , unbind it sell it to others that need it ??????????????
  • sirjir
    sirjir Posts: 114 Arc User
    Here's a topic that fascinates me a bit since it really only has been learned about in trial and error and that's rift logic.

1. Are there actual percentages defined for swords vs floats, divinity of the area, the location, how many are being pointed, etc. or is it really as fickle as it seems some weeks?
    2. Is there ever any plans to add in the further lands in the rift territories like Eclipse Hollow or Free Isles etc.
    3. Is there ever going to be another overhaul of the system in itself, like a rift 2.0?
    4. Will the X-Server rift in the book ever actually be a thing?
    5. For actual rifting, is there a rule behind location capping? The capture rate is affected by people on it but does it have a cap (I think of TF2 here where a capture point maxes out at 9 bonuses, even if there are 10 scouts on the point).
    6. Is there a defined rate of crystal generation that is more defined that each mine/refinery gives or does it also max out after awhile?

In regards to non-rift stuff, two odd questions really and that's whether the idea of plugins like Instance Alert plugins or custom interfaces will ever be considered or a system to allow gear to look different (because let's be honest, some gear looks cool but is low level...).

Hurrah
    Iolar - Level 100 Assassin of Lionheart's Avatar

• divineauroras
    divineauroras Posts: 138 Arc User
    DivineSpirits-Storm
    Will you consider making all future gears (such as elemental set) upgradable like the hero/arena sets, in order to preserve ID's/transmutes/additional attrubutes from flux? Also, are there plans to allow reforges to transfer, since thats another difficult thing to achieve.

Thanks!
    SirFanion.jpg
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage), DivineAuror (Divine Priest), SirFanion (Elemental Warrior); Allied with Rhondelyn and DarqueShadow
  • bbadggirll
    bbadggirll Posts: 24 Arc User
    My question is pretty simple: Why is it that DPS have more gems to increase their power than healers? DPS have Attack, crit damage, crit chance, and depending on their build, can get DPS boost from HP/CDef. Healers only get Attack (Which is a % Heal boost), HE gems (No crit heal gem, and HE gems only in rings/neck whereas other dps gems can be put in 4 or more areas), and...mana.... or HP, depending on the type of healer.
    So y u no love healers more? A DPS that spends 3+ years on their toon is likely to be OP as hell, whereas a healer that spends 3+ years on their toon...finally gets to heal for 1/4th or less of a DPS of the same time/effort/investment hits. ;c Y u hate heals, FW devs? Y not moar lub for da heals??
    Dorkly.com, "How every awful video game thing was born". Look it up, because FW is linkaphobic.
  • ustolemysun
    ustolemysun Posts: 271 Arc User
    Soo ....

2 Questions (more like 3 1/2 LOL) -
    Will we get Server Transfers? Ever?

and

ability to mail between servers? (it would be nice) and mail in bases ( we were told YEARS ago that they were going to try and get our mailboxes in bases) even an AH in base would be nice too.
  • morsaeterna
    morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    1. Will we ever gonna get somekind of x-server trade post (limited to one char per account use, max 5 items listed) so we can sell our stuff to other servers?
    2. Is there a chance that we get the ability to transfer our bound items to the same accounts different char for an approtiate fee?
    3. Is there a plan to add removed orb items to the leaf shop for an approtiate fee?
    4. OR add items winnable from orbs in the leaf shop for triple price (mounts for 3000 leaf) so the unlucky ones still can get those?
  • melekah
    melekah Posts: 95 Arc User
    I would like to suggest something, how about making all items bound to account? Sometimes new chars and class' come out, we love playing them more then the older ones, would be nice if we could pass items down to our alts on same account . :p Just thought would suggest, would make it so much sweeter. <3;)
    Siemone [East] Storm (FW)
  • lucina1
    lucina1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    My question is a bit similar to sobes, do horoscope signs influence IDing or crafting? For example I've heard it's best to ID for cdmg under Scorpio sign, I've also heard Libra is best for cdef IDing and making cdef OHs. I have tested the Scorpio sign theory and it's always random results.
    NEciqD8.png
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    lucina1 said:

My question is a bit similar to sobes, do horoscope signs influence IDing or crafting? For example I've heard it's best to ID for cdmg under Scorpio sign, I've also heard Libra is best for cdef IDing and making cdef OHs. I have tested the Scorpio sign theory and it's always random results.

Yes lol those are urban legends, just cuz someone once maybe got a +12 or a nice id under lucky sign or w/e here he go tell everyone that "**** give you better chance bla bla".

I failed 70 times in a row +12 at 8% chance under lucky sign, my prot never got cd id on gloves in 400 +reid under any sign, also lately my torm failed the 11<>12 with 6 meteors and 440 scs (tried 6 times with x8 meteors then used plain scs until i had).

My mm got +12 on weapon in 1 try at 4% under a totally random sign.

Good luck come tell me lucky/own sign matter for anything but pray buffs ;P

Scorpioluca
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited September 2015

lucina1 said:

Yes lol those are urban legends, just cuz someone once maybe got a +12 or a nice id under lucky sign or w/e here he go tell everyone that "**** give you better chance bla bla".

I failed 70 times in a row +12 at 8% chance under lucky sign, my prot never got cd id on gloves in 400 +reid under any sign, also lately my torm failed the 11<>12 with 6 meteors and 440 scs (tried 6 times with x8 meteors then used plain scs until i had).

My mm got +12 on weapon in 1 try at 4% under a totally random sign.

Good luck come tell me lucky/own sign matter for anything but pray buffs ;P

Scorpioluca
    Went on an augment spree, no luck except for my last try, right as I tried it with 4% pray switched to Gemini, my lucky sign. And it worked.

Not saying I believe in it, but sometimes I feel like it's there.
    Post edited by infamous628 on
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • yeni09
    yeni09 Posts: 8 Arc User
    meanwhile no longer be a solution Milas servers are no longer enough!!!
  • hits4hire
    hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
    will we ever be able to dye our wings?
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    will there ever be plans to upgrade mounts to be faster like some flying mounts can? some of the boutique/orb mounts look awesome but are only 150% speed which may deterr some people from using them, so it would be cool to upgrade them to 155% or even 160%
  • keiji22
    keiji22 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    A few questions and suggestions-

Strong suggestion for potential improving the games overall look and potentially increasing performance client wise:

Adding Depth of Field and Motion Blur (Motion Blur for higher end clients).

Depth of field for camera visualization effects. Everything beyond selected depth of field will begin to have a lens blur, affecting client performance at longer distances and improving the cinematic look of the game. Unreal Engine 4 has some of this ability. Perhaps implementing it into FW's game engine wouldn't be too hard?

Motion Blur could also be supported. Some of the animations look a bit choppy and static. Motion blur in post would be great for higher end computers, and again, give the game a more refined look and feel.

Could these be implemented by the Chinese Developers sometime in the near future?

-------------

Second question; Can the character creation for facial expression, size, height, weight, eye color be expanded? I love FW and how complex it is compared to lets say, Jade Dynasty. But I'd love to see a ton more customization options available.

-------------

Thirdly; is 4K support coming from China? I know there are resolution options but the client doesn't recognize that my native resolution is 4K. Tried this on two computers thus far with two different setups. No luck.

-------------

After further research, I found that Wanmei and the entire engine of FW is run by Angelica 3D Engine. Some of the facial customization options for this engine are absolutely sexy. I'd really like to see this implemented into FW. What are the technical limitations?
    Post edited by keiji22 on
    KeijiArashi - Lionheart
  • faster49
    faster49 Posts: 20 Arc User
    My question has to do with Guilds. Is there going to be a Base Post added, or the ability added in to the post already there, for Rift pointing and Bidding? Or a post for a second lead type of thing. I know a few who's leads aren't always able to be on at that time and Lead must be passed around, Vice's are able to do may things, but not point or bid Rift. Just wondering
  • ichibantheleader
    ichibantheleader Posts: 71 Arc User
    1) What happened to the old Forsaken World music (from before Nightfall?)
    2) Why is there no longer music in the guild base?
  • morsaeterna
    Some more questions:
    1- Are there any plan to add more defensive/survival gears? Ones with attack,hp,eva,resistance,cdef,cdodge stats? (no one needs mana and acc set bonuses nowadays.
    2- What do you think about the idea to add a scoreboard to x-server where you can bet on which team would win and get double or zero money according to it. The money lost by the players would be given out to players on both sides (only at the end of the current match).
    3- Is there any plans to increase the droprate of certain rare items (gears included)? Prices are skyrocketing because there are not enough income of certain items.
  • dieseldan
    After further research, I found that Wanmei and the entire engine of FW is run by Angelica 3D Engine. Some of the facial customization options for this engine are absolutely sexy. I'd really like to see this implemented into FW. What are the technical limitations?

I too would love this option , imagine if u will revamping a prot to look built like a bloodpact killer
  • sadbnmasdbmas
    sadbnmasdbmas Posts: 41 Arc User
    What do the element attack (Wind Attack +123, for exmaple) stats do to the damage output of skills? I had heard it was just normal attack that was added onto that type of element. Example, all my wind skills would have an extra 123 attack added onto the base attack. Is this true?

With PVE Intensity and Tenacity, how much damage increase/decrease is given per point or per 100 points?

What is the difference between Heal Effect and Healing Effect?

Are you able to remove the old and outdated low level quests that can't, realistically, be completed. Example would be the Tomb of Glory quests from Hugh Sutherland.

Are you willing to consider changing Fissures to be party level based, regardless of which Fissure it is, to add a greater variety and fresh feel to those instances? Example: Tomb of Glory mobs would be the average level of the party members and give SP/EXP accordingly but still spawn all the same type of mobs/bosses. This could also counter some of the old outdated quests that a lot of the newer playerbase seem to never get done.

• alaadinoumehdi
    alaadinoumehdi Posts: 1 New User
    Hello might not get a response but @Domi will there be a november login reward event thx
  • morsaeterna

What is the difference between Heal Effect and Healing Effect?

Theres no difference between heal effect and healing effect on gear, they all count as the same. i think its a translation error.

Another question:

Because of our games difference from the original one some items are less or not worthy at all if they are bound.
    My question is: Is there any chance that someday you will win unbound the lv1 runes from the bronze lottery to make them worthy or we will get class specific rune combiners from the gold lottery? (placed in the decree runes place, no one needs decree runes that much to justify its existence as gold reward)
  • edira
    edira Posts: 479 Arc User
    So now that we've took back Eclipse Hollow and Sea of Oblivion will the content of these maps change again sometime e.g. will there be normal quests and/or useful daily quests again? Or will the maps be left like they are now - useless after one has leveled their reputation level of the specific map to the max?​​
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edira said:

So now that we've took back Eclipse Hollow and Sea of Oblivion will the content of these maps change again sometime e.g. will there be normal quests and/or useful daily quests again? Or will the maps be left like they are now - useless after one has leveled their reputation level of the specific map to the max?​​

Well lol, so now that YOU are done (well actually dont even think anyone is done unless really nolifed here 24/7/365 at 2 points a quest, i was the third as soo rank i think and still need 1 month at 460 points a day for r10:P) maps should be removed? what about all other ppls or new ppls that maybe still need to start get rep even?

Idk how to say politetly sorry but that's a dumb question, ofc the maps we got now will stay, maybe someday, in about 12 years, when we get FH back (lvl 100 patch open a Whole ONE new map lol) there will be aswell another version with npc's and all but i doubt.

Beside we didnt took anything back vengeance is just a crappy scripted (and bugged) piece of **** that do all by itself....

Scorpioluca
  • edira
    edira Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Well lol, so now that YOU are done (well actually dont even think anyone is done unless really nolifed here 24/7/365 at 2 points a quest, i was the third as soo rank i think and still need 1 month at 460 points a day for r10:P) maps should be removed? what about all other ppls or new ppls that maybe still need to start get rep even?

Idk how to say politetly sorry but that's a dumb question, ofc the maps we got now will stay, maybe someday, in about 12 years, when we get FH back (lvl 100 patch open a Whole ONE new map lol) there will be aswell another version with npc's and all but i doubt.

Beside we didnt took anything back vengeance is just a crappy scripted (and bugged) piece of **** that do all by itself....

Scorpioluca

First, this isn't a discussion thread but a thread to ask the team questions - might want to reread the first post about the rules. Second I'm by far not done yet with the reputations (just finished EH reputation lv10 about 2 weeks ago) so don't assume things about people you don't even know. I'm just thinking ahead about those maps and that's all....
    ​​
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dieseldan
    edited November 2015
    ok question for the team , in the 1st FDUB Domino said archers comeing soon , even described new starting point as beautiful , thats been 3 months ago , thats not soon in my books , thats become ltr on now , how much longer till soon is over for u ppls ? wish yall wouldnt advertise stuff then not see anything else about it to confirm it
    Post edited by dieseldan on