Fellow wind bards need your help o/

Well Hello
New patch is here with all the bugs !
My wind bard's courage is sht; this a bug or we got nerfed to the ground?~
If it's a nerf I'm quiting for sure ... checked it with war buffs +bf3 +surge then courage; I was missing 3k atk.
So nerfed or bugged?o= Wanna know the reason why will I quit this game o/ Tyvm

Comments

• vyk7or
    vyk7or Posts: 2 Arc User
    It's not a bug but very much intended -
    we knew this nerf was coming (inspire party buff no longer being based on bard's own attack) but in fact it turned out to be much worse than even expected, as inspire is based on BASE attack now, so now even self buff is garbage. this evened the playing field b/w well geared and trash gear wind bards, I myself lost near 4k attack

tl;dr: bards now dumpster tier class, only light bards somewhat viable since water has been pretty garbage in pvp for a while
  • misshi
    misshi Posts: 88 Arc User
    yup. after being around since closed beta and having endured all of fws cr.ap this is surely the worst. whole reason i was wind bard since forever to provide smexy buffs to my party/raid is gone in less than a day. no clue what im gonna do now im seriously devastated. whole competition between wind bards in getting the highest courage buff went poof... been sighing and pondering since i went online after patch... still couldnt find a conclusion on what to do with myself game-wise now... call it whining, i dont care. ppl who got a wind bard as main hopefully understand where im coming from...*long and sad sigh
    ♫Pic by awsome wifey Ryu♫
    poppyxmassig1_zps8mupkvbk.jpg
    PoPxTart - Wind Bard
  • azariel13
    azariel13 Posts: 72 Arc User
    I think everyone who mains wind bard is feeling pretty miserable about this patch.
    My own personal dps has taken a huge hit, I'm struggling with things that were a breeze before, raids are pretty devastated by the nerf as well, honestly the amount courage gives now is so trifling a wind bard is really a waste to take.

Maybe China has valid reasons for this nerf (though I can't imagine what those would be), but for us?
    It's a terrible idea, it breaks the class, PWE for once, just once, please get it changed for this version.
  • sharii69
    sharii69 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yeahhhhhhh I just.. don't even know what to say to this..
    I get windbards courage needed a little nerf but this was just way too overkill..
    I just don't even..
    A big eff you to all wind bards pretty much...
    Wind bard in pvp isn't even viable anymore.. its not even that great in pve now..
    sigh
    Just tested and I lost over 6k attack easily..
    Thanks again
  • chibiwolf6
    chibiwolf6 Posts: 197 Arc User
    I have wind for my second tree and I barely even notice a difference o.o
    DuEYcdL.jpg
  • haffnium
    haffnium Posts: 10 Arc User
    I can only say... I'm terribly sad about this.
    Courage was strong, maybe too strong, but this? I'm sorry but this is ridiculous.
    Of course the wind bard is still useful and one of the best (because one of the ONLY) supporters but I already felt pretty lonely as wind bard in pvp/arena since only very few other did or at least tried... Now a lot will switch to light, especially with lv100 patch (I don't know what's coming new lv91+ but the talent changings sound great for 'em) and even in pvp it's like a goodbye now.

I'll stay at wind and even in pvp but I honestly don't know how to manage this and how to boost up again myself/party buffs.
    HaffsBard - passionated windy bard
    c5652258-467e-42ab-8872-bbf9061c673d_zpslhrnxfqp.jpg
    Special thanks to LadyA for this great signature!
  • vyk7or
    vyk7or Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @chibiwolf6 said:
    > I have wind for my second tree and I barely even notice a difference o.o

if you have crappy gear you will not notice much of a difference, might actually even be a buff if you have garbage gears

ironically this nerf hit people who actually spent great amount of time+money on their bards the hardest (as inspire buffs BASE attack now)
  • galadhwen23
    galadhwen23 Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    As Haffi said.....this is pretty rediculous -.- even my nab bard who barely had a 4k courage has now 2.5k... I know many ppl who have lost over 5k attack with this...pretty damn stupid -.-'
    Clyfar
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    now to see the hrd progress ;)
  • itzprodigy1
    itzprodigy1 Posts: 26 Arc User
    Wahhh (teary face)
  • nessanarcotic
    nessanarcotic Posts: 10 Arc User
    http://prntscr.com/84renl
    Only change seems to be the inspire talent. My Sway build bard, has no difference in courage.
    Classes get nerfed and buffed all the time. People should be use to it by now
  • whiplashers
    whiplashers Posts: 11 Arc User
    Yea they get nerfed sure but changing 1 talent makes us lose few k atk is pretty much annyoing. Don't you think? All raids n stuff will have lower over all dmg if they took wind bards maybe?o= It's not only affecting wind bard mains but other people as well
  • misshi
    the whole usefulness from wind bards and the point in even being a wind bard is pretty much eliminated.
    im feeling incredibly useless now with so much attack loss. didnt thought this would get me so depressed but i woke up and had no desire to log in at all e_e... this nerf was way too OP...
    PoPxTart - Wind Bard
  • suzye
    suzye Posts: 1 Arc User
    b)As for Inspire, each Movement:Infuriate increases target's Basic Attack by 2%/4%/6%/8% and Poet's Basic Attack by 3%/6%/9%/12%.

my skill: courage lv 8+ 4/4 inspire= every stack applied will provide 8% bonus base Attak.Bard will have annother additional 4% base Attak Granted. 4% not 12% !!!!!!!!!!!
  • whiplashers
    don't worry ! having gentle sway / inspire / infuriate runes don't matter now ! ;O Wind bards are not needed... but hey 88 champ bard weap got bigger! and more shiny ! totally worth it ...
  • azariel13
    azariel13 Posts: 72 Arc User
    -sigh-
    This really needs addressed.
  • jamespemt
    jamespemt Posts: 54 Arc User
    azariel13 wrote: »
    -sigh-
    This really needs addressed.

Yea good luck since it's been permanent in China for over 6 months
  • sobe25
    sobe25 Posts: 166 Arc User
    One day people will learn this game is owned by CN and only published in NA by PWE. All game changes outside little things like orbs and CS belong to them only.
    xn855c.png
    Created by my amazing wife!
  • barackobamacool
    barackobamacool Posts: 9 Arc User
    I put so much effort on my alt Wind Bard. I got inspire gentle sway runes, and was planning to get 80 energy which is super hard to get on Eyrda due to runes. Then they had to nerf Wind bard atk so hard. I dont even really want to play it now.
  • sobe25
    I put so much effort on my alt Wind Bard. I got inspire gentle sway runes, and was planning to get 80 energy which is super hard to get on Eyrda due to runes. Then they had to nerf Wind bard atk so hard. I dont even really want to play it now.

Wind bards are still hands down the best addition to any party. You just have to work harder instead of a free 6k courage buff.

xn855c.png
  • barackobamacool
    barackobamacool Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    sobe25 wrote: »

Wind bards are still hands down the best addition to any party. You just have to work harder instead of a free 6k courage buff.

No thank you I prefer my main over my alt. When it come down thing like that.
  • whiplashers
    "work harder" lol working harder won't give me and my party won't get that atk back what we lost xD jesus imagine your char suddenly lose a few k atk then talk stupid sht like that
  • misshi
    edited August 2015
    i lost so much attack its not funny. even with the courage and if we dont count the attack gained by raids but just for myself. im hitting like a wet towel now. went from 18k+ to 14k. so dont tell me to work harder.seriously. even if we had high courage before we still didnt hit as hard as any warrior or sin. if you had worked for 4 years on your toon trying to achieve to be an awsome party buffer pushing ur attack more and more wasting money, blood and sweat for it and then it gets taken away with 1 maint. i might be overdoing it here but it feels like you worked hard in ur job for years and suddenly your boss fired you without a reason the next day.
    PoPxTart - Wind Bard
  • itzprodigy1
    itzprodigy1 Posts: 26 Arc User
    Welcome to the nerfzone. Get over it
  • sobe25
    I don't think anyone who is crying out in this thread know what the term of "class balancing" means. These changes are based from CN and our version can not do anything about it. So, welcome to our lowly world of 15-17k attack instead of 20k+.

I can't wait to see the forums when the warrior and assassin balance on the 100 patch comes..
    xn855c.png
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Well, Light bards got pretty much made useless since Forsaken Falls patch for instances due to the debuff and their useless combat ress.

If you're talking PvP, Light Bards "Useless" combat res is one of the best features to them, in 6v6 having a Light Bard on your team gives you a massive advantage, I've lost matches due to their combat res. It's the furthest thing from "useless."

Also, Light Bards are fantastic PvE healers, and if built right solid PvP healers too. Either you don't have any Light Bards on your server, or you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm betting on a little bit of both.
    sobe25 wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the forums when the warrior and assassin balance on the 100 patch comes..

I'll take one for the team, I'm fine with a warr nerf if it means a sin nerf.
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    If you're talking PvP, Light Bards "Useless" combat res is one of the best features to them, in 6v6 having a Light Bard on your team gives you a massive advantage, I've lost matches due to their combat res. It's the furthest thing from "useless."

except 100 cap patch makes light bard res have a 10min cd. have fun with that in arena.
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    amarantos wrote: »

except 100 cap patch makes light bard res have a 10min cd. have fun with that in arena.

If everyone's goal is to dodge a lame class balance patch of the future, might as well quit now. Seeing as the game hasn't stopped recieving patches yet, there's potential for every class to recieve a nerf.

That being said, can I get a link to these lv100 patch notes?
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>