Recent updates

DivineSpirits - Storm Legion
DivineSpirits - Storm Legion Posts: 122 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
The amount of money dumped into this game (by the collective player base) over the past 2-3 months has been astronomical. Use the TENS OF THOUSANDS OF dollars of revenue to hire a programmer that can fix the list of bugs. Players on some servers have already withheld spending due to the insane lack of content fixes (we're ok being behind CN on content as long as the content works correctly).

Obviously we can't form a game-wide boycott (nor would this overall help the game). BUT YOU ARE LOSING POTENTIAL BUSINESS by delaying fixes. Some people would spend MORE $$, if the content of the game were updated as should be expected (every week maintenance is for a reason, bugs should be fixed WEEKLY).

I know Domino (and perhaps ONLY Domino) will read this, so PLEASE make sure that WHOEVER IS RECEIVING OUR MONEY is spending a portion of it to keep the game updated. The cash flow in this game is NOT a small amount, please give us the fixes we're paying for.

Feel free to +1 or gripe at me.

-Divine
Post edited by DivineSpirits - Storm Legion on
[SIGPIC]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/Tysterkaar/SirFanion.jpg[/SIGPIC]
DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage) || DivineAuror (Divine Priest) || SirFanion (Elemental Warrior)

Comments

• CountVonCo - Illyfue
    CountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    please give us the fixes we're paying for.

Sorry to tell you the bad news, but you're not paying for any services.

The game can be played for free.

People choose to spend ASTRONOMICAL amounts of money for themselves, that does not mean you have a say on what bug fixes happen nor does it give you an extra input on how the game is looked after. By spending each and every time there is charge rewards or MS bogo, all you people do is reaffirm PWE's stance on this game; treat them like **** and rake in the money.

Before anything can change on how this game is run; look in the mirror and ask yourself everytime you charge, does this company deserve your money? For once try and think of the bigger picture than your sad little e-peen of improving your character and your personal benefit.

As long as PWE makes profit every quarter end from this game, NOTHING will change, I keep repeating this time and time again.

This is how business run; PROFITs = everything is fine. Dip in PROFITs = investigate whats happening = prompt for changes.

You want changes for the better to this game? Stop spending money, heck even take a break and go play something else, take a holiday from the money you saved.

Even after 2 years of abysmal customer service, people still spending through their noses in order to get their shinies in a meaningless virtual game.

You got no one to blame but yourselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
  • FinalWeapo - Storm Legion
    FinalWeapo - Storm Legion Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry but, the game can be played for free only if a certain ammount of players spend money on it.

No charge=no ftp game....

Thats how it work, if no one spend a dime, theres no game to play.

The last 2 exploits have been fixed, so i am pretty sure that, if theres the will to, any other bug can be fixed.

However, seeing that game breaking major problems (like no arena gear and broken classes) do not even have an ETA of solution, would not expect much response on complains even with Domino around.

We will probably get a big patch with all the fixes for this but who knows when, could be in months, could be next week.

Doubt we get back to the weekly manteinance (not reset) we had first years because this game is now "old" and does not get that much attention anymore.

I never charged on this game, but if that were the case, would be really pissed as a customer.
    T;Sly
  • threoneone
    threoneone Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    +1

Its all about expectation...FTP or PTW either way if the game wanna continue, it would fix the bugs and add more contents. If no money to hire good prgrammer, at least summer intern might work for you xD (run the tests, analyze the codes) I wish I had a chance to hands on gaming industry back in the day in college...
  • DivineSpirits - Storm Legion
    edited May 2015

Those who do pay, are paying for a service. Arguably BAD service, but thats a matter of quality assurance (hence the need to draw attention to the idea that players are not getting quality).
    I blame the people that the company PAYS to translate coding from CN. Certain bugs are expected, but that person's job is to fix stuff (or maybe they don't have a person assigned to do it, in which case they SHOULD).

It's not the players' fault (free or paying). We don't make bugs.

Please try to keep from attacking players in this thread :D
    [SIGPIC]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/Tysterkaar/SirFanion.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage) || DivineAuror (Divine Priest) || SirFanion (Elemental Warrior)
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2015

*waves hello to Troll*

NO U pay for Ur own benefits not the service in pay to win games there is no service there are only benefits for U, so either give them more money for ur own benefits so U will feel more high and mighty, or pay a monthly fee and demand service.
  • unicornsyum
    unicornsyum Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The amount of money dumped into this game (by the collective player base) over the past 2-3 months has been astronomical. Use the TENS OF THOUSANDS OF dollars of revenue to hire a programmer that can fix the list of bugs. Players on some servers have already withheld spending due to the insane lack of content fixes (we're ok being behind CN on content as long as the content works correctly).

Obviously we can't form a game-wide boycott (nor would this overall help the game). BUT YOU ARE LOSING POTENTIAL BUSINESS by delaying fixes. Some people would spend MORE $$, if the content of the game were updated as should be expected (every week maintenance is for a reason, bugs should be fixed WEEKLY).

I know Domino (and perhaps ONLY Domino) will read this, so PLEASE make sure that WHOEVER IS RECEIVING OUR MONEY is spending a portion of it to keep the game updated. The cash flow in this game is NOT a small amount, please give us the fixes we're paying for.

Feel free to +1 or gripe at me.

-Divine

Couldnt agree more.

The game can be played for free.

People choose to spend ASTRONOMICAL amounts of money for themselves, that does not mean you have a say on what bug fixes happen nor does it give you an extra input on how the game is looked after. By spending each and every time there is charge rewards or MS bogo, all you people do is reaffirm PWE's stance on this game; treat them like **** and rake in the money.

Before anything can change on how this game is run; look in the mirror and ask yourself everytime you charge, does this company deserve your money? For once try and think of the bigger picture than your sad little e-peen of improving your character and your personal benefit.

As long as PWE makes profit every quarter end from this game, NOTHING will change, I keep repeating this time and time again.

This is how business run; PROFITs = everything is fine. Dip in PROFITs = investigate whats happening = prompt for changes.

You want changes for the better to this game? Stop spending money, heck even take a break and go play something else, take a holiday from the money you saved.

Even after 2 years of abysmal customer service, people still spending through their noses in order to get their shinies in a meaningless virtual game.

Free to play shouldnt mean crappy service. Its just a different business model, which doesnt mean players need to deal with glitchy, buggy games. They are still offering a service, and if they want people to spend money it should be good. And what about the peopl that pay? They need to deal with crappy service just because other people play for free? That logic makes no sense.
    If everyone just stops spending money on this game you really think they are gona try to fix? No... the would just close it and move on.
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Those who do pay, are paying for a service. Arguably BAD service, but thats a matter of quality assurance (hence the need to draw attention to the idea that players are not getting quality).

I blame the people that the company PAYS to translate coding from CN. Certain bugs are expected, but that person's job is to fix stuff (or maybe they don't have a person assigned to do it, in which case they SHOULD).

It's not the players' fault (free or paying). We don't make bugs.

Please try to keep from attacking players in this thread :D

Soz but you're wrong, you spent 50k $ here? guess what? you got exact same rights of someone that spent 0$, read wel lthe tos PWE can terminate your contract anytime and without notice for any reason they want and they wont owe you anything for the money you wasted in this game.

Beside, why hiring and spending money on staff? when all what pwe got to do to get tons of money is make those promos and 1 person that make weekly restart is enough :P

And well i am a marquess so i wasted too much aswell :P **** happenz but guess what? last charge reward with 15% zen bonus and ocean orbs as reward made me cs again after 1 years :P

Stopping csing isnt really gonna help too however, like it's hard close 1 of the 12 millions crappy free games servers and get a new game like "forgotten world mk3" (lol fw took 6 months to be made and still use an ancient engine, no wonder mobile craps got same graphic).

At the end i strongly doubt anyone here can teach PWE how to make more money, but keep thinking other way :3

Scorpioluca
  • Shapelle - Lionheart
    Shapelle - Lionheart Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Gotta stop thinking that this game is run with a service based business model. It isn't. I know we'd all like to think it is, but it isn't. That's been proven to us so often in the utter and absolute lack of care and attention to ANY quality of life issues for players outside of either revenue breaking bugs, or extremely severe issues that prevent players from playing normally.

Anything less than that, well then, we're all **** out of luck as a player base. PWI (who owns PWE) don't care. They only care about revenue stream for the least cash outlay and that's it. This naturally excludes any and all quality of life fixes. It's just the way it is. After over 4 years of this I'd say that it's pretty obvious that nothing is going to change.

We either buy into it, or we say enough is enough and move on. Those are our only choices here. This is the reality of it after four years of the same old, again and again.
  • DivineSpirits - Storm Legion
    edited May 2015
    I suppose I'm naive to think that a game people pay for should work properly. Forgive me for trying to draw attention to a major concern (I love this game and want to see it succeed, unlike people who show up here just to add trolling comments at how helpless the situation is).

Would a mod shut this thread down before more trolls show up. Don't expect to see a post from me here ever again.
This discussion has been closed.