test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Polar Borderlands Mining and Botany Map

chibiwolf6chibiwolf6 Posts: 197 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Beginner's Guide
Oki doke. Dunno if theres one of these around or not, I looked but couldnt find any updated ones and Ive had some people express a desire for one, so heres a resource map of Polar Borderlands! Some places may not be 100% exact, but it'll get you close enough for your map to pick em up. Also might have missed one or two plant or ore spots, but I think I got most of em. -Sorry if the image is a little big/small-

~ Mining and Ore ~

Ore: Copper, Quicksilver, Tin
Previously found in: Sea of Oblivion, Lunagrant, Hazed Wilderness, and I *think* Gloomy Forest

qIbNFSR.jpg

ALSO cool little tip~ All ore- at least up to zinc- will occasionally spawn a little goblin. They'll drop footprint cards corresponding to the previously found in areas. Aegis wars and Torture torms can one hit these mobs with skills like Soul Harvest. They also can spawn off flowers. Fishing can also produce a "Mysterious Bottle" with an old starter zone card inside. Cards are unbound, however the item is.
-Edit- Seems like the green starter cards that were bound before, are still bound.

~ BOTANY ~
Additionally, You can find any plant not shown here at the Cooking Tutor, Michell, in the Mercury Marketplace of Nightfall Citadel. I seem to be missing Frostblade Grass though, which *may* come from the guild base planet. EDIT: You can find Peace Lily behind the Furball Tamer in Deap Sea Gateway. Thanks so much to mavip4n for the info!

2017 Edit: Fishing seems to have a chance to pick up some flowers among the fish. Im not sure exactly how many flower types can be found, but I assume it depends on your fishermans level and the area you fish. Fishing can also give other goodies, if you fish in an area that gives the "Warmth" buff. As of the 110 patch, watch world chat for the warmth buff broadcast, it should have realm/location.

MAP ONE

Plants: Wild Rose, Lavender, Parchment Grass, and Violet Kelp.
Previously found in: Kalaires and Sea of Oblivion

dWtCM4T.jpg

MAP TWO

Plants: Hyacinth, Cactopus, Agrimony, and Violet Rose
Previously found in: Sea of Oblivion and Lunagrant

yIwedDQ.jpg

MAP THREE

Plants: Dream Kelp, Blue Agave, Violet Clover, Bloodvine, and Dreamlan Petals
Previously found in: Gloomy Forest, Hazed Wilderness, and Sleeping Jungle

JW6ChJL.jpg
Post edited by chibiwolf6 on
DuEYcdL.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

• Gwenny - EyrdaGwenny - Eyrda Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You're amazing :D Thanks for posting this. I was hoping someone would make a new one soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Gwenny> - Precision Marksman - Eyrda Server
    <Gvanza> - Torture Tormentor - Eyrda Server
    <Gwendolyn> - Bloodwind Bloodraider - Lionheart Server

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr
  • Riama - EyrdaRiama - Eyrda Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you! Every week Henry asks for a different plant and I had to search the whole polar borderlands map till I found them >.<
  • chibiwolf6chibiwolf6 Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No prob glad it helps you guys :D Gonna do one for ore I think as well
    DuEYcdL.jpg
    edited May 2015
    chibiwolf6 wrote: »
    Mining map added :D Anyone know how to change main post title/ o:
    DuEYcdL.jpg
  • Gwenny - EyrdaGwenny - Eyrda Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can manually change it for you ^_^
    Let me know if the new title is alright. If not I can tweak it if you prefer a different way of writing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Gwenny> - Precision Marksman - Eyrda Server
    <Gvanza> - Torture Tormentor - Eyrda Server
    <Gwendolyn> - Bloodwind Bloodraider - Lionheart Server

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr
    edited May 2015
    I can manually change it for you ^_^
    Let me know if the new title is alright. If not I can tweak it if you prefer a different way of writing it.
    Looks great :D ty ^.^
    DuEYcdL.jpg
  • magicnatmagicnat Posts: 1 Arc User
    You are truly amazing, thank you for taking the time to do this. After being away from the game for 3 years, I was dismayed to find none of the older websites update. You're awesome :D
    magicnat wrote: »
    You are truly amazing, thank you for taking the time to do this. After being away from the game for 3 years, I was dismayed to find none of the older websites update. You're awesome :D
    Np, Happy to help out ^.^ Welcome back o/

DuEYcdL.jpg
  • yohomitchell14yohomitchell14 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello, I am particularly wondering you mentioned something about fishing, but I cannot seem for the life of me to find out where the fishing spots are. Could you potentially do a map for that as well? Or Show me ingame / link a picture that has it? I would greatly appreciate it. I am in the same boat as magicnat, having come back to a completely different game I am having issues finding my way around.
    Ingame name: SpartanDJM
    Thanks again :3
  • ediraedira Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Afaik there are many spots in Polar Borderlands where you can fish. Just check if you get the fishing area buff in your buff bar when you're near water.​​
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Hello, I am particularly wondering you mentioned something about fishing, but I cannot seem for the life of me to find out where the fishing spots are. Could you potentially do a map for that as well? Or Show me ingame / link a picture that has it? I would greatly appreciate it. I am in the same boat as magicnat, having come back to a completely different game I am having issues finding my way around.
    Ingame name: SpartanDJM
    Thanks again :3

You can usually fish anywhere where theres water. Like Edira said, just walk around in the water until the little tent looking buff comes up for you.
    This is my usual lower lvl fishing spot, as well as the buff that pops up.

11866428_869378463115478_7333180061964932315_n.jpg?oh=b3ed3d8990a88ee1468764a2a4a15323&oe=564C9CB6

11214305_869378469782144_3019906936438943410_n.jpg?oh=157d20f23aeb8caab87eb31e2ffcde78&oe=56474450

DuEYcdL.jpg
  • ustolemysunustolemysun Posts: 271 Arc User
    Map two isn't showing up. And trying to make it go to a link says its not there.
    Map two isn't showing up. And trying to make it go to a link says its not there.

How about now/ I changed the link around

DuEYcdL.jpg
  • ustolemysunustolemysun Posts: 271 Arc User
    <3 np :D happy farming o/
    DuEYcdL.jpg
  • acchanmikuacchanmiku Posts: 76 Arc User
    since we talks about botany and mining here... Someone knows if there was already a mining map of sleeping jungle/triumph plain?
    I need to farm ore with mining 4 xD
  • evl0nevl0n Posts: 21 Arc User
    The mining & botany map 1 are broken :cry:
    So im having issues figuring out how to edit atm o.o So heres a map with a different link.. not sure how it'll show, Botany One right/

DuEYcdL.jpg
  • evl0nevl0n Posts: 21 Arc User
    Thanks a bunch! <3
    np <3 i'll edit the main post once i figure out how o.o lol
    DuEYcdL.jpg
  • pulvirentipulvirenti Posts: 4 Arc User
    You are my favorite person right now by far. Thank you so much for this.
    ~Puffmar~ 90 Bard
    np happy to help ^.^
    DuEYcdL.jpg
  • ldydarkskyldydarksky Posts: 4 Arc User

chibi can you do one for the stuff for fusion gems for the botany and mining mats for them pleaseeeeeeeeee omg the peace lily finding is killing me!
  • ediraedira Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    You won't find Peace Lily (and the other fusion gem mats) on normal map I guess. Before update you could only find Peace Lily in Fort Rotulor... now botany planet in guild base is probably the only source.​​
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Yea at the moment the only place I can think of for peace lily is the guild base planet.
    DuEYcdL.jpg
  • mavip4nmavip4n Posts: 151 Arc User

chibi can you do one for the stuff for fusion gems for the botany and mining mats for them pleaseeeeeeeeee omg the peace lily finding is killing me!
    edira said:

You won't find Peace Lily (and the other fusion gem mats) on normal map I guess. Before update you could only find Peace Lily in Fort Rotulor... now botany planet in guild base is probably the only source.​​

Yea at the moment the only place I can think of for peace lily is the guild base planet.

I'm farming Peace Lily from Deep-sea Gateway (BRC) instance. I'm going in manually with my alt and Peace Lily is right behind Furry's Master boss (i forgot the name of it lol that boss with weird mad bunny). Can find NPC for manual in Wine Barrel Village :)
    Tiny wind bard of Ascension and an innocent glacial priest of Starlight in Lionheart.
    Has stopped playing as of summer 2019. Since there are not many good people left (only douchy groups mostly, no offence!) and game is itself grindy more than ever. There is nothing left for a soloer. Good luck to the rest of survivors!
    mavip4n said:

I'm farming Peace Lily from Deep-sea Gateway (BRC) instance. I'm going in manually with my alt and Peace Lily is right behind Furry's Master boss (i forgot the name of it lol that boss with weird mad bunny). Can find NPC for manual in Wine Barrel Village :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been putting off my FGems cuz I didnt want to blindly farm the base xD tytyty <3
    DuEYcdL.jpg
  • mavip4nmavip4n Posts: 151 Arc User

mavip4n said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been putting off my FGems cuz I didnt want to blindly farm the base xD tytyty
    Yvw :3 Ty too for this great guide post! Helping me much about mining and botany xD
    Tiny wind bard of Ascension and an innocent glacial priest of Starlight in Lionheart.
    Has stopped playing as of summer 2019. Since there are not many good people left (only douchy groups mostly, no offence!) and game is itself grindy more than ever. There is nothing left for a soloer. Good luck to the rest of survivors!
  • raojiaraojia Posts: 10 Arc User
    Thank You so much for taking the time to make these maps. I have been looking everywhere for Polar Borderlands Botany info.
  • dieseldandieseldan Posts: 23 Arc User
    any idea where best to find zinc ?