test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Flying, pets, soulstones and SOLO Player OH MY!

padawan1padawan1 Posts: 66 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Beginner's Guide
Where are the monsters that drop soul stones?
Why can't I fly and have level 2 flying?
Why does my flight mount say it requires level 55 and before this update it was level 25?
Where are the decent armor traders?
Why didnt any of my characters get any anniversary rewards?
Why do you make it impossible for solo players to get into any instance? All the players on the servers I go to, are levels 70 and above, they ignore new players and waiting to be ALLOWED into a party is a joke.
I have submitted bug tickets, help tickets and you name it tickets and not one person seems to be able to explain any of this - Why did you all do a content update on this scale that you don't know how to explain or justify any of the decisions for changes that have been made?

Thanks for reading
Post edited by padawan1 on

Comments

• Endless_XI - Storm LegionEndless_XI - Storm Legion Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    padawan1 wrote: »
    Where are the monsters that drop soul stones?
    Why can't I fly and have level 2 flying?
    Why does my flight mount say it requires level 55 and before this update it was level 25?
    Where are the decent armor traders?
    Why didnt any of my characters get any anniversary rewards?
    Why do you make it impossible for solo players to get into any instance? All the players on the servers I go to, are levels 70 and above, they ignore new players and waiting to be ALLOWED into a party is a joke.
    I have submitted bug tickets, help tickets and you name it tickets and not one person seems to be able to explain any of this - Why did you all do a content update on this scale that you don't know how to explain or justify any of the decisions for changes that have been made?

Thanks for reading
    1. those are in instances "immortal pool lvl70+" and "pet sanctuary lvl40-69" there are also some rare pet souls roaming the maps but idt you have to worry about them, they need certain levels of Tamer Job, and player lvl to catch for the most part

2+3, new flying level is either 50 or 55 since update.

4. in the building behind Henry "Hall of Glory" the npc Astraea (Rep. Vender)

5. Are any of them over lvl 60 and it was a log in event, did you log them in to get it? If yes on the first and second part then they are working on it. If no on the first or second part, that's why. Also it appears the server you're on is important

6. Its not them making it impossible, its the players. There are plenty of basic low level instances for low level players to get into you just have to find people willing to bring you, watch WC for "RCIB" or "RCI Basic" or maybe do your own shout for it and go...
  • Bhyl - LionheartBhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. those are in instances "immortal pool lvl70+" and "pet sanctuary lvl40-69" there are also some rare pet souls roaming the maps but idt you have to worry about them, they need certain levels of Tamer Job, and player lvl to catch for the most part

Also Tinkerers, zekes, jaguars in sleeping jungle
  • Gwenny - EyrdaGwenny - Eyrda Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    padawan1 wrote: »

This game is not friendly to solo players. I understand your desire to play solo but it really makes getting anywhere in this game even harder than it is. Once you're a lv90 with maybe one or two lv90+ alts, decent gear, 9+ refines, lv3+ gems, high Soul Power trees, etc you can then do a lot of stuff solo. Until then I would advise getting into a large established guild that lets in lowbies, under-geared people and new players. Most usually do but some have more higher requirements. A small guild will get on your back for GBQs and whatnot because they're struggling to grow and need everyone to do their part daily. Bigger guilds are a little more lenient with GBQs and you can kind of exist in a big guild as a new player without drawing a lot of attention to yourself. It'll be easier to build your character with access to a base and access to people who run stuff constantly.

People are picky when it comes to stuff like Random Challenge Advanced. Fate and Fissures sometimes too depending on the people running them. It is best to work on your refines to +9 and get Bloodstones lv3+ into your gear over time to have decent HP for it. No one likes lowbies/undergeared people who get one or two shot. It's tough on healers. But of course if you're in a guild run they're more understanding since they see you as one of their own.

You can also spam Random Challenge medium for Star Crystals and Random Challenge Basic for the Lionheart Chromatic Badges. If you can get a party. Basic and Medium aren't run often so jump into parties whenever you get the chance. That chromatic gear is very nice and you can stack up on Wargod points to upgrade it a few times. It goes from 30 to 60 to 75 with Wargod points then with a certain refine requirement and champ points it can go to lv85 then 88. Great gear to have.

While waiting on Random Challenge medium parties work on your Botany and Mining to high levels. lv5+ I'd think for both. If you do this and get into a developed guild with base you can farm the plants and ores in base for star crystals and soul leaves for your gear as well. And farm those plants and ores inside instances as well to either sell or use later on for the Fusion Gem System (When you get into Fusion Gems you'll want lv5+ Alchemy). Fishing too can sometimes wield star crystals at a certain level.

Being in a guild that runs stuff also gives you access to Dragon Tower if they do it. 75 wargod gear and 200 wargod points per week. It'll make upgrading your gear faster and let you skip upgrading some of your chromatic gear and get 75 gear directly instead of upgrading from lv30 if you're lucky to get drops for the class.

You can try world chatting for an established guild with base that runs Dragon Tower and other guild events. If you press i, Guild tab, then click zeal and members it shows which guilds have the most members and which guilds have the most zeal. Zeal shows guild activity. Bigger more established guilds that do their GBQs and such will have the most zeal. Gives you an idea what guild to accept if you get PMs and offers to join their guilds. You can also watch for guild recruitment posts on world chat instead. Even big guilds recruit on world chat sometimes.

Being solo would mean less chance to get into Dragon Tower runs (theyre lv75+), no access to the guild botany and mines, some free soul gold, exo, etc that a guild base can offer you.

---
    If you are still not convinced and are resolute about playing solo - then I advise watching world chat carefully for Dragon Tower runs and Guild Exorcisms. Work on your Botany and Mining, Fishing and Alchemy, running Advanced Medium and Basic often. Work on those refines to +6 first overall then+9, hoard your gems (unless you are desperate for gold then sell the unbound ones), make alts to farm checkins with Henry and sell unbound stuff. It's slower but you can still get somewhere doing that. You will get rejections from those random Advanced, Fissure and Fate parties often but keep working on your stuff and that'll change over time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Gwenny> - Precision Marksman - Eyrda Server
    <Gvanza> - Torture Tormentor - Eyrda Server
    <Gwendolyn> - Bloodwind Bloodraider - Lionheart Server

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr
  • djkorndjkorn Posts: 25 Arc User
    Being a former player coming back, this hits home for me. Trying to queue in the random dungeon is kinda a joke. I left for WOW for a year but when i came back i found it is almost impossible to solo because all the stuff you want, requires parties. Even low level dungeons i dont think can be solo'd like they could in WOW. Find a good balance of what you want to be able to do, and what stuff you want to get. Mind you though most stuff will take a while, but it pays off in the end. Gems are invaluable too, dont throw them out, and then wait for fusion sales to pick up enough to make some level 3s and 4s.