sin's mutilation skill and immune to controlling effects

hits4hire
hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
I was checking my combat log after an Aeon Spire run and noticed that my mutilation's bleed effect had procured while fighting Charlotte. I was almost sure that the bosses that were immune to controlling effects were also immune to the bleed effect from mutilation. Is this a known bug or is it working as intended as i have also seen my mutilation procure these heavy bleed damages on Komog as well. 13382546 bleed damage seems a bit OP

29lmyap.png
Post edited by hits4hire on
InfernalRazieL.jpg

Comments

• amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you did not hit charlotte with those bleeds, you hit the purple poison puddles which have no name and are not 'boss' mobs with the immunity. not sure about komog unless you can provide a screenshot for that situation as well, dunno if you can 'hit' the fire pools in dragon.
  • hits4hire
    edited April 2015
    ok thanks for clearing that up
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • Thrashz - Storm Legion
    Thrashz - Storm Legion Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    as far as i know, bleed isnt a controlling effect, ive "bled" bosses many times.
    [SIGPIC]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w379/SJEK1990/SacrificeQuote_zps77979225.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    <Hero of Summit of Elements><Terminator of Dark Dragon>
  • amarantos
    edited April 2015
    as far as i know, bleed isnt a controlling effect, ive "bled" bosses many times.

it is. bor is a bleed, which is why blood wars using bloodlust fury dont get hit with it, or feast, but doesnt work on bosses. mutiliation is a very heavy bleed, and the % hp/time or whatever ticks it does used to work on bosses in the early days of fw until they added the 'immune to controlling effects' buff to bosses for that very reason.
  • Thrashz - Storm Legion
    Thrashz - Storm Legion Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amarantos wrote: »
    it is. bor is a bleed, which is why blood wars using bloodlust fury dont get hit with it, or feast, but doesnt work on bosses. mutiliation is a very heavy bleed, and the % hp/time or whatever ticks it does used to work on bosses in the early days of fw until they added the 'immune to controlling effects' buff to bosses for that very reason.

Right, i must have read this in a hurry and completely forgot about that time when everything died almost instantly when there was a venom sin present lol.

In all seriousness, Mutilation's bleed should not work on bosses. i have no reason for the numbers you are seeing. Unless they didnt take bleeds out, but made boss's bleed damage severly reduced.
    [SIGPIC]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w379/SJEK1990/SacrificeQuote_zps77979225.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    <Hero of Summit of Elements><Terminator of Dark Dragon>
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    VelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Common sense incoming:

That bleed is 13 million per tick, it bleeds 1% of max HP. charlotte has in no way 1300 million HP... she loses over 5% on a 1 million crit.

So it's very obviously not charlotte bleeding in this SS, probably the purple ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hits4hire
    edited April 2015
    Common sense incoming:

could you be a little less condescending?
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • amarantos
    edited April 2015
    In all seriousness, Mutilation's bleed should not work on bosses. i have no reason for the numbers you are seeing. Unless they didnt take bleeds out, but made boss's bleed damage severly reduced.

ya i already said in my first post those were hitting the poison puddles not charlotte xD
  • NoOnes_Per - Lionheart
    NoOnes_Per - Lionheart Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Common sense incoming:

That bleed is 13 million per tick, it bleeds 1% of max HP. charlotte has in no way 1300 million HP... she loses over 5% on a 1 million crit.

So it's very obviously not charlotte bleeding in this SS, probably the purple ****.

amarantos wrote: »
    you did not hit charlotte with those bleeds, you hit the purple poison puddles which have no name and are not 'boss' mobs with the immunity. not sure about komog unless you can provide a screenshot for that situation as well, dunno if you can 'hit' the fire pools in dragon.

Why are people even still posting here o0
    take advantage they said......
    the best deal while it lasts they said...
  • yewmad
    yewmad Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i dunno if anyone said it but it was probably just hitting the poison puddles
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Man.. i think you were just hitting some extremely tanky purple puddles..

• nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    U prolly did hit the purple poo pools :D