Purge the database of people who no longer play

hits4hire
hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Suggestion Box
With the increasing popularity of FW due to the new patch, I think it only makes sense to purge the database of the accounts who haven't played this game in years so that new players aren't sitting in front of the character selection screen struggling to create a name for their new toon because so many names are taken and havent been played in a very long time.

Perhaps send out a mass email to the emails listed in the old accounts asking to confirm whether they want to keep their toon or not.
Post edited by hits4hire on
InfernalRazieL.jpg

Comments

• Babben - Illyfue
    Babben - Illyfue Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hmm so it will be like someone got the name Jack, quit game, toon removed, someone else take the name and someones sees him/her, Says Hi and the answer back it who are you ? xD

Keep it like it is right now can´t be so hard just look on my name no fantasy at all
    Babbe|Warrior|Illyfue|88+
    Member of Guild SKY
    Romsym the Prot on Nyos yes that naab was me
    My english sucks, Only good when im drunk atlest its something (I think)

10/2-2015
    R.I.P
    MAoS | Farming
    Mentor | No need anymore
    GL | Farming
    Treasure Seeker Henry </3 miss you
    NC </////3 miss you ultra more R.I.P R.I.P
    [$5$] = gold ingame
  • Orzog - Illyfue
    Orzog - Illyfue Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    not bad idea but should be more than 1 year, i have seen ppl coming back from 1-2 year break to game
    - Lv90 burst mm - Illyfue since 2011
    - Sry about engrish

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vyden - Illyfue
    Vyden - Illyfue Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's the worst idea i ever heard. I would like to see you when your char is deleted just because you did not play for some time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LaoLao - Illyfue
    LaoLao - Illyfue Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I will in disagree with purge database... (and it will again the TOS of game too).
    Nobody (here) have right to "kick" others players (still if they are currently unactives) out of game.

And we know, there are cases, old players come back to game to "see how is going" (sometimes, they "stay"), so, again... it's bad idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Some times just a witch, no a simple mage of ice age)
  • Veral - Lionheart
    Veral - Lionheart Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    league of legends does something similar every year...people who havnt played in a while get their names added to the pool of available names and so they would need to re-name their summoner if someone had taken it (or something along those lines).

They send an email saying people will need to play at least 1 game between this date and that date in order to be exempt from the "purge"
  • bitterpaw
    bitterpaw Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's the worst idea i ever heard. I would like to see you when your char is deleted just because you did not play for some time.

From terms of service:

"Your Account may be terminated if you do not use your Account within twelve months after the date that it was created or for any continuous period of twelve months. If you do not use your Account for any continuous period of twelve or more months, it may be terminated by us at our sole discretion. "
  • efnine
    efnine Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Seems like a moot point anyways. I've lost all 6 of my toons which I struggled and grinded to get to lvl 75-80 because I was really stupid and logged into the wrong server (accidently...) right after the last big upgrade and now I can't log into the correct server where my toons are. I've Googled and checked everywhere I can think of to get an answer for this issue but the only one that keeps coming up is "Too bad, sucker!!!" So... Go ahead and remove my account. I'll just chalk the last 2 years of playing up to time I will never get back and move on. Mybe I'll start playing real life now and leave the games behind... maybe a blessing in disguise.. :)
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    efnine wrote: »
    Seems like a moot point anyways. I've lost all 6 of my toons which I struggled and grinded to get to lvl 75-80 because I was really stupid and logged into the wrong server (accidently...) right after the last big upgrade and now I can't log into the correct server where my toons are. I've Googled and checked everywhere I can think of to get an answer for this issue but the only one that keeps coming up is "Too bad, sucker!!!" So... Go ahead and remove my account. I'll just chalk the last 2 years of playing up to time I will never get back and move on. Mybe I'll start playing real life now and leave the games behind... maybe a blessing in disguise.. :)

before you give up did you try the steps Domino posted?

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5197861&postcount=347
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg