The patch notes discussion thread

Bhyl - Lionheart
Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
So there are some great and some really sucky things that are changing, lets discuss!
http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=530081

Omgeeee! love all of this!

Skill Binding Slots for Pets are expanded
- After binding 3 or more skills for a Pet, players can now bind additional skills at the Pet Trainer. The second additional skill binding will cost 3 Major Skill Crystals.

Frostgate Fjord Trinkets and other similar trinkets are now unified under Battlefield Trinkets
- Lv 70 Blue Battlefield Trinkets and Lv 85 Light Purple Battlefield Trinkets are now available.
- FF Points can be traded for Whole Mithril Charm, which can be traded for accessories and accessory enhancements.
- All Battlefield Trinkets can be acquired through direct exchange or upgraded from lower-tier Battlefield Trinkets.All costs remain the same both ways.
- The total cost of FF Points in exchange for Lv 77 Purple Battlefield Trinkets is greatly reduced.
- Lv 85 Light Purple Battlefield Trinkets are far more powerful than other trinkets, and offer bonuses to Basic Attributes instead of Additive Attributes.
- Healing Trinkets now provide defensive bonuses

MOAR FF will be on \o/ woooooot

and AAAHHHH! D:
The reward for Instance: Glistening Lowland is now a Ghastly Flare Gembox and a bonus unit for Lv 60 players or above

BOUND from GL D:
Post edited by Bhyl - Lionheart on

Comments

• wolfenstorm
    wolfenstorm Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I did not see this thread while typing out the post I just made. Concerning GL:

The prize is now a Ghastly Flare Gembox. Does this mean the gems will be bound?

I can already see this pissing off just about everyone.

The unbound gems we get from GL can be sold in order to afford the outrageous fusion agent prices in order to get chroma for wings. For those of us who cannot cash shop for gems and fusion agents, we depend upon selling unbound GL gems for gold while using Jade Gold to get bound gems to use in our gear.

Taking away a source of gold that works toward a goal was not a wise move. After all, we cannot start earning gold through item invasion until level 80.
  • XGIOx - Illyfue
    XGIOx - Illyfue Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I did not see this thread while typing out the post I just made. Concerning GL:

The prize is now a Ghastly Flare Gembox. Does this mean the gems will be bound?

I can already see this pissing off just about everyone.

The unbound gems we get from GL can be sold in order to afford the outrageous fusion agent prices in order to get chroma for wings. For those of us who cannot cash shop for gems and fusion agents, we depend upon selling unbound GL gems for gold while using Jade Gold to get bound gems to use in our gear.

Taking away a source of gold that works toward a goal was not a wise move. After all, we cannot start earning gold through item invasion until level 80.

one of the sources we have to farm and they are taking it away, deal with it without gem card there wont be any unbound gems in ah soon so time to stock pille for *war* oups i mean *patch*
  • Salynn - Lionheart
    Salynn - Lionheart Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The reward for Instance: Glistening Lowland is now a Ghastly Flare Gembox and a bonus unit for Lv 60 players or above

How is this in ANY LANGUAGE a good idea? You better give us a damn good reason for doing this or give us a really good alternative to this. We were expecting you to INCREASE the reward from GL not make it absolutely useless. Lvl 1 gems aren't an even exchange for wasting twenty minutes in an instance for a BOUND item when people are trying to go for their level 4 or even 3 or 2 wings. Are you all deciding to now make this a fully cash shop game? Because that's just what you did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sharii69
    sharii69 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BOYCOTT PATCH!

Im serious, demons and other stuff is NOT worth you taking GL away and for what? 1 instance that opens 1 day a week and gives lvl 2 gem? No, boycott it please,

I DON'T want this patch, stop it from happening you will destroy the player base purely from GL changes not to mention whatever is going to happen to wades and Elemental bosses.

5/7 75 elemental bosses are in closed areas.. This update will kill the game

Stop it from happening
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Spring Wish Agent will distribute rewards between Jan 26th and Feb 9th

so glad we will have plenty of time to experience this

/s
  • superherois3000
    superherois3000 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sharii69 wrote: »
    BOYCOTT PATCH!

Im serious, demons and other stuff is NOT worth you taking GL away and for what? 1 instance that opens 1 day a week and gives lvl 2 gem? No, boycott it please,

I DON'T want this patch, stop it from happening you will destroy the player base purely from GL changes not to mention whatever is going to happen to wades and Elemental bosses.

5/7 75 elemental bosses are in closed areas.. This update will kill the game

Stop it from happening
    i say BOYCOTT PATCH! too
  • sharii69
    sharii69 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i Say Boycott Patch! Too

Come On Everyone!

#boycottpatchtillitsfixed
  • XGIOx - Illyfue
    XGIOx - Illyfue Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Time to quit game for some instead of boycot, it was a chinese change because they have gem card, my years of contributing with gems to server are over :) retiring always comes soon or later damm i feel like a old winning grumpy now :D I WANT my sweetssss NOW! (gems)

still #boycottpatchtillitsfixed
  • amarantos
    edited February 2015
    #youguysareoverreactingbecausethepatchnotesalreadyhavetonsoferrorsinthemsojustchillyourtitsandwaitforthepatchtodecideifitsworthboycotting
  • ustolemysun
    ustolemysun Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    FORGET the issue with bound gems.. big deal... HOW about...

Guild trade runs? SURE if you wanna hop maps..because

"- Kalaires Plain, Gloomy Forest, Lunagrant Woodland, Hazed Wilderness, Sea of Oblivion, Winter Heights, Twilight Town, The Sanctuary, and Eclips Hollow have been taken over by the Storm Legion and cannot be accessed"

40% of our maps? gone!

OR how about...

Like farming glory or mentor points?

The following Instances are now closed due to the invasion of the Storm Legion: Fort Rulotor, Emperor's Canyon, and Arena of Souls.

HOPE you got your achievements from these.... I know i didn't :( because the damn things are rare spawns/drops.. GG.....

Were you an NC Farmer? You lost 2 days and 1 hour.
    The opening time of Nightmare Carnival is now 12:00-23:00 Every Tuesday. The rewards are EXP and Carnival Tokens. The first completion grants the best rewards....

Adv. NC... Saturdays only now (same time frame)

Working on your Odysseys? WELL if you didn't do your fishing yet or LCS..

- Odyssey Series Event:Fishing and LCS Daybreaker have been removed.

Forget that silly bound gem stuff...How about us missing out on Achievements (titles come with some) and Odysseys!
  • SongsOfLig - Eyrda
    SongsOfLig - Eyrda Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The opening of Fort Khoaway is now 12:00-23:00 every Monday. The rewards are EXP, Soul Coins, and Sapphire Scrolls. The first completion grants the best rewards.

The opening time of Nightmare Carnival is now 12:00-23:00 Every Tuesday. The rewards are EXP and Carnival Tokens. The first completion grants the best rewards.

The opening time of Ancestral War is now 12:00-23:00 every Friday. The rewards are Ancestral Battlefield Reputation or Valor Tokens. The first completion grants the best rewards.

The opening time for Advanced Nightmare Carnival is now 12:00-23:00 every Saturday. The rewards are EXP and Carnival Tokens. The first completion grants the best rewards.

Either first completion in the server or first completion done as the player's character for the day give max rewards? If the latter, then you can do these events multiple times?

Also SC and reid scrolls drop in training grounds.

In any cow, let's find out when it gets released.
  • whitenight567
    whitenight567 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    why boycott anything lol, invas can be entered before lv80, i've seen lv50 toons do it, so don't get your panties in a wad, you want unbound gems? get the dedi (on multiple toons if you prefer) and do invasion. with the way the gear exchange system is now set up you can easily, and decently gear a toon or two for them, not to mention check ins are still a valid source of gems. also GFC drops lv2 gems now ^_^ i rather like the updates, the achievement loss is a sad part :( but the odyssey things, why's that a bad thing? lol for those that did finish or were only halfway to finishing you get fishing and LCS replaced which means more chances at the items you already do odyssey for.
  • ustolemysun
    ustolemysun Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    why boycott anything lol, invas can be entered before lv80, i've seen lv50 toons do it, so don't get your panties in a wad, you want unbound gems? get the dedi (on multiple toons if you prefer) and do invasion. with the way the gear exchange system is now set up you can easily, and decently gear a toon or two for them, not to mention check ins are still a valid source of gems. also GFC drops lv2 gems now ^_^ i rather like the updates, the achievement loss is a sad part :( but the odyssey things, why's that a bad thing? lol for those that did finish or were only halfway to finishing you get fishing and LCS replaced which means more chances at the items you already do odyssey for.

Because the titles for those 2 are diff. than the ones we'll get replaced <3
  • amarantos
    edited February 2015
    Because the titles for those 2 are diff. than the ones we'll get replaced <3

if you dont have 300+ titles then you are slackin!
  • whitenight567
    whitenight567 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    titles are only for looks, that's like asking PWE to reset DT3 on every server so more ppl can get the black title. the only real purpose of titles is to show activity/longevity of your toon. if you really wanted a particular title you'd have gone for it already.
  • Salynn - Lionheart
    Salynn - Lionheart Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    why boycott anything lol, invas can be entered before lv80, i've seen lv50 toons do it, so don't get your panties in a wad, you want unbound gems? get the dedi (on multiple toons if you prefer) and do invasion.

The patch notes SAYS "can only open UP TO 7 boxes a week". So that means if you have 84 boxes on you, and you go to open them with having the dedication, you can only open 7 of them. Meaning you have to keep doing dedi on it for many weeks to come without doing any more invasions.

HOPEFULLY this is a grammar error on their part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • livefire
    livefire Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In the Ancient Invasion Event, the Frostfang Lieutenant can be slain a maximum of 99 times per week, and up to 7 Ancient Invasion Packs can be opened per week.

So.. does this mean even if we have 30-40 boxes, we can only open 7 per week? Or is it just bad wording? 'cause if it's the former, then between that and GL gems being bound too, there's gonna be no way to get new characters up to a respectable level without cash-spamming within a decent amount of time, which you can likely say farewell to a good 80% of your playerbase due to this.

Like Salynn said, HOPEFULLY this is a grammar thing (like all the mistranslations in the class changes preview on Arc's news).
  • LaoLao - Illyfue
    LaoLao - Illyfue Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    (the first part... the rest will come meantimes i continue playing)

"
    - Archivement from 60 maps used from adventure quest. (i have some maps without used for my alt...)

- Plants and others droppeable stuff from maps which will "lost" in Storm's hands.

- What happen when player is in his base-guild and dc (normally relog in the ground where is base of guild, but as all ground will be under Storm's hand now...) ?

- Astral quest (monday to saturday) is still available for be done?? (need enter in other bases)

- Red rose quest (and several others smalls quests) need stuffs from maps will lost... are gone these quests?

- If Soul of Arena is gone, which will be the "main way" for these need get much mentor points? (this is no my personal case but I know, they are much players use this way all days)

- Will be the normal NC gone too? (or only can enter for query system?)

(this will continue late)
    "

Master Domy, can tell us / or give us a little suggestion about what will happen?

And other stuff more about your streaming:
    In the stream can see some rare text (numbers) was not part of history... that will be no in the game... i guest, no?
    The other question about the test-server, was first put the normal forsaken (that are we using now), and late was "patched" with the new version or just put the new version? (i want know if was checked the compatibility about data between both versions).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Some times just a witch, no a simple mage of ice age)
  • itzprodigy1
    itzprodigy1 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i think this new patch is fantastic, not because now you have to make an effort to get wings, but its fantastic to see people cry over such a pitiful thing, and omg the worldchat drama from it is amazing. bring on the patch pwe im liking what you doing so far :D
  • Isock - Eyrda
    Isock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    well no more GL for unbound gems, but invasion items still will drop them i hope

time to farm invasions and dedication
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    amarantos wrote: »
    #youguysareoverreactingbecausethepatchnotesalreadyhavetonsoferrorsinthemsojustchillyourtitsandwaitforthepatchtodecideifitsworthboycotting

e65.gif

but i agree, chill atthe time being people :D
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BACK ON TOPIC, so we don't get yet another thread shut.

Looks like luck is getting super exp bonuses O.O
    Adjustments on the stacking of World Fortune and Personal Fortune
    - Fortune now caps at 30 stacks, with each stack granting 20% bonus EXP
    - There are 2 ways to increase Fortune:
    1. Every 66 Fortune Points grant 1 stack or 2 stacks (at a minor chance)
    2. Every 2 Fortune Tops grant 1 stack
    - Finishing Blue or Green Personal Fortune will result in an increase of 5 to 10 Fortune stacks
    - Every 1st, 11th, 21st, and 31st day of the month is now World Fortune Day. Finishing the World Fortune of the Solar God and the Lunar God will grant an additional 2x bonus base EXP.
  • serenity234876
    serenity234876 Posts: 726 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BACK ON TOPIC, so we don't get yet another thread shut.

Looks like luck is getting super exp bonuses O.O

also forting process in itself and xfer looks to be getting adjusted for the better o/ we will have lots of lvl 90 toons all 12/12

sadly as many have pointed out supply of gems has been cut dramatically in a massive way :/
  • AeonRuin - Lionheart
    AeonRuin - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The only issue people seem to have about GL having bound gems is the fact they can't sell them for Gold Coins. You can always break them down and get Artisan up to make and sell Offhands. I think a lot of people are over-reacting WAY too much before it's even come out. It does say that you get another item, which could be an unbound item like a gem or perhaps even a fusion agent, when you are above Lv60.

If you farm like Sharii, you can make a lot of gold to gear out your toon, if you can't play so much then you can Cash Shop. They will not make adjustments for the people inbetween who have no time or money for the game. There will be many other items to farm and sell so don't give me the "You have to buy gems from AH to get your wings if you don't CS" excuse.

I like everything in the patch, it's just the idea of what's going to be glitched or bugged that worries me. Example: When they made a change and the Guide for God's Trial became bugged. Honestly, I don't see why it's so hard to fix. The quest has (0/1)(0/1) after talking to Sun Juan and something like (1/1)(0/1) after you finish GT. So all they have to do is remove the second bracket and BAM! Bug fixed.
  • Campino - Illyfue
    Campino - Illyfue Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    amarantos wrote: »
    The Spring Wish Agent will distribute rewards between Jan 26th and Feb 9th

so glad we will have plenty of time to experience this

/s

PWE at his best...
  • serenity234876
    serenity234876 Posts: 726 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The only issue people seem to have about GL having bound gems is the fact they can't sell them for Gold Coins. You can always break them down and get Artisan up to make and sell Offhands. I think a lot of people are over-reacting WAY too much before it's even come out. It does say that you get another item, which could be an unbound item like a gem or perhaps even a fusion agent, when you are above Lv60.

If you farm like Sharii, you can make a lot of gold to gear out your toon, if you can't play so much then you can Cash Shop. They will not make adjustments for the people inbetween who have no time or money for the game. There will be many other items to farm and sell so don't give me the "You have to buy gems from AH to get your wings if you don't CS" excuse.

I like everything in the patch, it's just the idea of what's going to be glitched or bugged that worries me. Example: When they made a change and the Guide for God's Trial became bugged. Honestly, I don't see why it's so hard to fix. The quest has (0/1)(0/1) after talking to Sun Juan and something like (1/1)(0/1) after you finish GT. So all they have to do is remove the second bracket and BAM! Bug fixed.

they only source of in game unbound gems will now be aci? gfc? sign ins?
    have fun buying leafs to buy gem boxes to get your gems due to a shortage in gems remember the endless threads over last 6 months about shortage of gems in game while now that will be worse
  • Chipsmore - Lionheart
    Chipsmore - Lionheart Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    basically..this new patch is going to kill the small population that currently we hav to a more more smaller population..

most of the changes kinda kill off source of income for farmer/small cash shopper >.>

yea2 we hav another alternative to farm stuff..but now it takes a lot more time to gear up one toon now..
    its getting slower than before..i can see that >.>

good job FW!T;Applauding
  • hustler619
    hustler619 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i think not having eb weapons for awhile doesn't matter all to much since i am sure there coming

back / eventually relocated and as for gem box's that to me was either a few g or more jade

gold to x change with guild over all not that big a impact but sadly for all the years i played this

game the only thing i ever made ok money with was gambling making necks the chance to turn

2g-1d into 2-7d was nice I'm just stoked to finally make a demon and go all out making it the

best i can the idea of the game running on a newer engine was another awesome thing but i am

not sure if that actually happened see some of u in game when it goes live
  • LaoLao - Illyfue
    LaoLao - Illyfue Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I forget... no more fall in the water or get "stucked" in others places in Freedom Harbor... :D

Sadly... i still can't completed the last final main quest... "Kill Henry and take back his head" say (Jessica, the guild npc... his ex-wife :> )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Some times just a witch, no a simple mage of ice age)
  • boll1588
    boll1588 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    soooo since there won't be Freedom Harbour anymore,this means Crubile is gone too?