test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eryda Down?

Comments

• drakenfyredrakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    ok guys, please calm down drink some chamomile tea

I get that everyone is pissed off and wants answers, that this massive delay is stressing everyone out due to what has been missed. tearing at each others throats is not going to help any, outside of me getting super ragey at you and remove posts, which will just add to the stress
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • PerseusPri - Storm LegionPerseusPri - Storm Legion Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    drakenfyre wrote: »

I get that everyone is pissed off and wants answers, that this massive delay is stressing everyone out due to what has been missed. tearing at each others throats is not going to help any, outside of me getting super ragey at you and remove posts, which will just add to the stress

apologies drak, just some of us have an obviously higher stake in the game than others and as a result are a lil more concerned. I'll endeavor to behave.
    "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
  • NoOnes_Per - LionheartNoOnes_Per - Lionheart Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just logged on, both storm and eyrda appeared back to green online status...seems okay for me now, and i've been unable to log in since i got home from work few hours ago...maybe everything is fixed.
    take advantage they said......
    the best deal while it lasts they said...
  • Endless_XI - Storm LegionEndless_XI - Storm Legion Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    RAWR! I'M RAGING TOO BECAUSE REASONS!

NOW I'M MAKING A THEORY THAT DOESN'T MAKE REAL SENCE!

This is obviously the illuminati, or Apple, or OH NO! THERES A ROSE SALE THAT WAS JUST ADDED, IT'S... The RoseMasons?

ok now that was all in bold underlined rainbow text to prove how super cerial I am

RAWR! MORE RAGE!

But for real, they already said it was the datacenter and it appears that all the games sharing that data center are getting ######... AND they all say their trying to work on it so all we can do is wait and prepair for a long weekend of not playing this...
  • clownsneverdieclownsneverdie Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Maybe you haven't heard but, people have invested in this game as their entertainment and as a result things like zeal, guild funds, rift, dedication and countless other things actually matter. But since you clearly have no such concerns probably you should just sit down and get your nose outta admcroxe's butt.

L-O-L I am a Guild Leader on Eyrda. My guild missed elementals, final rift bidding, and such lmao. Am I happy about it? No. I am concerned but I am patient, so don't snit at me. Modern Respect for the people who have the banhammer in arms reach is logical. But seeing as maybe, just maybe, they are still trying to work on it. They could just leave it, give eyrda and storm the finger, and be done with it. But they are trying to fix it. So in your own words, you should just sit down, and take a chill pill.
    QQ'ing gets you no where.

drakenfyre wrote: »

Sorry.
    photo d2b55694-5985-4cd3-b7c3-1fa1a23fc278_zpsfqg6lnnr.jpg
  • kathyreneekathyrenee Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just logged on, both storm and eyrda appeared back to green online status...seems okay for me now, and i've been unable to log in since i got home from work few hours ago...maybe everything is fixed.

na still white for me and just got dc'ed about hr ago
    edited November 2014
    Can I just say thank you to you guys for not demanding my head on a platter, unlike some other forums.
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • NoOnes_Per - LionheartNoOnes_Per - Lionheart Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The servers are up...

But just to add to the fun speculation, the FIB took down PWE eastern servers as they were the servers hosting Silk Road 2.0!!!
    take advantage they said......
    the best deal while it lasts they said...
  • whitereaper2whitereaper2 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i know have char. on Eyrda server its get there YA

special thanks to drakenfyre
  • Tearro - Storm LegionTearro - Storm Legion Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lcorndogl wrote: »
    Its a routing issue so data from your pc isn't even reaching the few servers, its getting stuck at anninactive route between routers situates between YOUR PC and FW SERVERS, they have no control over these routers as they do not belong to pwi and that is just how the internet works.

Yes it sucks

Yes I am affected

Most likely it'll resolve itself when routing tables update themselves over the next day or so

You are incorrect.. the problem is between THEIR Game and the Router Servers not Our PC'sIf it was our PC's we could not connect to anythingThe break down is communication between the game and the routed hops and not to mention with their customer base as well
    Dark Vamp
    Enigma
  • trigrhappymetrigrhappyme Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Was there some sort of fix to this ? I still cant get on to game.
    edited November 2014
    Was there some sort of fix to this ? I still cant get on to game.

AFAWK it's still down, nothing has been posted from Croxe to say differently
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • loveselfyesloveselfyes Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    When may we expect a fix to this issue? Today, tomorrow, Monday?
    I need to plan accordingly.
    text
    edited November 2014
    When may we expect a fix to this issue? Today, tomorrow, Monday?
    I need to plan accordingly.

wish I knew
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Is the problem something major, or one of those little things they cant find?
  • Rezork - EyrdaRezork - Eyrda Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Tell me how you really feel about this game huge downtime. In the meantime let's all play some chess, and sip some tea. Sounds like a good time , Yes?
    edited November 2014

according to what was posted yesterday
    admcroxe wrote: »
    There is currently a routing issue to the east coast servers. We are in the process of correcting this issue. This is a portal wide disruption of traffic into our data center. We don't have an ETA on a resolution yet.

-The Forsaken World Team-
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
    edited November 2014
    i have no clue what any of the tech stuff means. I know you guys or whoever is working on it, will fix it.
    edited November 2014

# 1 East Coast Routing Instability
    Yesterday, 06:00 PM
    There is currently a routing issue to the east coast servers. We are in the process of correcting this issue. This is a portal wide disruption of traffic into our data center. We don't have an ETA on a resolution yet.

-The Forsaken World Team-

Meaning: The routing issue is on the server side, not arc, or pwe. What Croxe is waiting for most likely is a response from whoever they lease the server from. It's not something that pwe or arc can fix. It's a waiting game for them aswell to get a response from whoever they lease the active host servers from.
    Tell me how you really feel about this game huge downtime. In the meantime let's all play some chess, and sip some tea. Sounds like a good time , Yes?

Keep the tea, I got coffee. But a game of chess. Leggo!
  • Ronyon - Storm LegionRonyon - Storm Legion Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, the traceroutes people posted in Swordsman forums all ended at the same IP address. An address owned by PWI and apparently located in California. I'm just guessing, but that doesn't seem right to me, considering the east coast data center was supposed to be in the northeast someplace. I don't know enough about internet routes, maybe that's normal?
    edited November 2014
    Try not to put too much stock know it all players think they know and wait for answers from actual staff that has a clue what they talking about, sadly the people that know what they talking about arnt around, but still lol
  • paniepandapaniepanda Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ok i finished my drawing xD so im back again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    small pic but yes my own art.
  • ashidvrenashidvren Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    animals-gerbil-hamsters-laboratories-computer_hardware-power_supply-tmcn3008_low.jpg

All for the low price of 63 D 12g and 32 silvers
  • Tearro - Storm LegionTearro - Storm Legion Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Try not to put too much stock know it all players think they know and wait for answers from actual staff that has a clue what they talking about, sadly the people that know what they talking about arnt around, but still lol

actually some do know what they are talking about and are not just players, but work in fields that involve internet communications, just because they don't work for PWI don't mean they are wrong. JS
    Dark Vamp
    Enigma
  • kathyreneekathyrenee Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well see nothing new yet so will be back in a few......just be nice to get an update miss the old days on forums
  • paniepandapaniepanda Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i keep checking back here to see if anything has changed but yet x.x nothing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    small pic but yes my own art.
    edited November 2014
    actually some do know what they are talking about and are not just players, but work in fields that involve internet communications, just because they don't work for PWI don't mean they are wrong. JS

Yet, they are ..
    edited November 2014

Don't mind that one person Tearro. They look for a reason to snit and take it even if they assume those are wrong when some of us do have experience and knowledge regarding internet services and routing. +1 to you good person.
  • ashidvrenashidvren Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Mean while at PWI's Infrastructure Servers....

computer-monitor-cat-7.jpg
    edited November 2014
    ok, got this from swords, hoping sparkie will make the same post here
    sparkiesoft said:

We're still having some routing issues, which we're trying to resolve with our ISP, but it shouldn't be affecting everyone like it was earlier.

Keep an eye out on this thread for any further updates as we get them.

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=526231

seems he did an edit of this thread
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
This discussion has been closed.