A Fond Farewell to Forsaken World

defenderofdreams
defenderofdreams Posts: 78
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,

This is my last day at Perfect World Entertainment, and thus the last post from me on the Forsaken World forums.

A great life changing opportunity has presented itself for me, and I cannot let it pass me by. I know some of you may scream "There goes FW! PWE is ending! Doomstuff", but in all honesty, Forsaken World & PWE have an amazingly strong future ahead. The extra life charity livestream is coming up, and will hopefully be a great jump start to many more livestreams to come for the game, spotlighting the great game that Forsaken World is. I've helped Domino, the streamer, get ready for the game and he's super excited to play with you all.

So keep your voice going strong for what you want to see so the person following me can know exactly what needs to be pushed the hardest to the devs. This year has been a big year for changes with most of the ones to come and that have come credited to you all. Thanks to you all in our discussions/polls, the devs now know exactly what our US communities sentiments are and where you stand all the hot topics of the game. With one of most game changing and largest FW expansions on the horizon, you can expect many of the changes coming to be a direct result of that communication.

I have love for you all, especially those who've articulated their thoughts and opinions in a civilized manner, and remember that your voice is strongest when focused on a single goal. Take each step at a time, and I hope each of you continue being the awesome person you are today.

Sincerely with love & gratitude,

"DoD" : Defender of Dreams
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gwenny - Eyrda
    Gwenny - Eyrda Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Goodbye DoD :( Goodluck in your future endeavors. I wonder who the new person will be...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Gwenny> - Precision Marksman - Eyrda Server
    <Gvanza> - Torture Tormentor - Eyrda Server
    <Gwendolyn> - Bloodwind Bloodraider - Lionheart Server

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr
  • Diverte - Illyfue
    Diverte - Illyfue Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Aww, we will surely miss you DoD D:

Best wishes and take care =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    BalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bye DoD :(

I wish i could believe things will get better, but honesty i cant.

Hope things will go the way you want it in your life, thx for ur time on fw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NoOnes_Per - Lionheart
    NoOnes_Per - Lionheart Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you can expect many of the changes coming to be a direct result of that communication.

wut lol
    take advantage they said......
    the best deal while it lasts they said...
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    another one bites the dust~
  • antiopeasaphire
    antiopeasaphire Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All the best DOD for the furture.you will be miss too take care
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

I don't know who is replacing me either, but please don't beat them up too much, okay? *wink*
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    WHHHHHHHHHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
    michael-scott-no.gif
    G'DAMNIT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Miss you :(
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • antiopeasaphire
    antiopeasaphire Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I don't know who is replacing me either, but please don't beat them up too much, okay? *wink*

lol that depend on him lol joking ?hmmmmm yea lolz
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Farewell :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • alyus
    alyus Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah looks like Forsaken World is doomed.
    On 8/20/14 at 9:07 AM we have been informed that we lost another member of the FW team to go off to another title. RIP GreyjoyKraken. All hope for FW is forever lost...
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    alyus wrote: »
    Yeah looks like Forsaken World is doomed.
    I know some of you may scream "There goes FW! PWE is ending! Doomstuff", but in all honesty, Forsaken World & PWE have an amazingly strong future ahead.

Predicted!
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • alyus
    alyus Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Predicted!

Someone has to make the prediction true :P
    On 8/20/14 at 9:07 AM we have been informed that we lost another member of the FW team to go off to another title. RIP GreyjoyKraken. All hope for FW is forever lost...
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good luck with your future endeavours, DoD. We thank you for the codes, good sir.
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the time and effort you put in DoD. Good luck in your future plans.
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • Korabell - Storm Legion
    Korabell - Storm Legion Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2014

But we have a reputation to hold onto.

"So Long and thank you for all the fish!" - Dolphins from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
  • Endless_XI - Storm Legion
    Endless_XI - Storm Legion Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    WHHHHHHHHHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
    michael-scott-no.gif
    G'DAMNIT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

that about covers it
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So seems ur 3 months ago Event wont be anymore :D ah the fun reading this forums (brings still joy as its all faling apart, thx for even stolen that account and my friend moving to a better game and company)) seems ur leaving PWE good luck i hope u give a rev on that site we cant name here. :)
  • vyadhosblack
    vyadhosblack Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good luck and best wishes to you DoD. You will be missed.
    [img][/img]CattsNewCar_zpsrxfpdjpl.jpg

• Thrashz - Storm Legion
    Thrashz - Storm Legion Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited October 2014

as long as its not admcroxe.
    [SIGPIC]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w379/SJEK1990/SacrificeQuote_zps77979225.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    <Hero of Summit of Elements><Terminator of Dark Dragon>
  • baliwness
    baliwness Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TBH I'm really afraid of the future of forsaken that you'll leave DoD, you brought back hope to FW players, now I don't know what will happen.

"e sigh"
  • w1ck3dnick
    w1ck3dnick Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    May the FORCE be with you on the new path you have taken.

Life is itself a game. Strategize well so you dont stumble upon the traps of destiny.

Thank you for mentioning the incoming upgrade, hope they balance the characters well.

(my signature is still a wotk in progress. LoL)
  • _FakeProgr - Lionheart
    _FakeProgr - Lionheart Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    farewell DoD
  • shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Best wishes for you . I believe your decision to quit here is the only one that makes sense.
    I really wish you a company that does not let their workers and customers down like this one.

As for beating up the new guy - should one come at all - that sadly depends on things not in his or her powers at all and i do not believe the general attitude of PWE towards this game will change.

The communications part is either a bad joke, utmost sarcasm, or a sign on how extremely different PWEs point of view is to players reality.

One thing that might be looked into is the arc database failures which cannot be blamed on Wanmei.
    The many other issues still existing affect different groups of players so instead of waiting too long for the community to prioritize i believe it would be a good sign if ANYTHING at all would finally get fixed. There have not been (m)any results of all those "working on it" thingies and the resulting lack of credibility might spoil the start of the next one.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • latose
    latose Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Does that mean it's going to be BYE BYE free codes?

I'll miss you DoD eventho you didn't reply to my messages/suggestions.
  • Y_meh - Illyfue
    Y_meh - Illyfue Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Cheers DoD ;)

I cannot say that I blame you in anyway for jumping ship - I am confident that your commitment to the customer base will be more appreciated and supported by your new employer.

As for the replacement guy/gal ........ we will be gentle (*nudge, nudge, wink, wink*)
    You have to admire stupidity for its destructive potential.
  • mistshroud
    mistshroud Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    </3

Tbh, when I saw the title of the topic, I thought the game was closing. rofl

Good luck, DoD, I hope that everything turns out great for you. :)
  • Aeonnix - Storm Legion
    Aeonnix - Storm Legion Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You will certainly be missed. I'm currently on hiatus with the game and not sure when I'll be back or if I'll be back (the "if" depends on if the game's still around when I'm ready to return). As you can tell, I am keeping tabs with how things are coming along. I won't say the game is doomed based on this considering I'd figure the game would be doomed regardless simply based on other factors. Doom and gloom aside, I do hope for a good replacement (or at least A replacement).
    Light Bards: Half the calories of regular bards.
  • anyastroud
    anyastroud Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bye and good luck with the new opportunity.
    Greetings to everyone out there
    fw_forum.jpg