Once again no zodiacs

blazder
blazder Posts: 295 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
You are well aware of the issue with this boses when we have no maint. Last week you finally realized you need to at least do a restart by tuesday so they can spawn (which we asked for FOR MONTHS). This week, a step backwards, again no maint, no restart, no compensation. WHY? is it that hard to do a server restart? Or manually spawn the bosses?
Stop ignoring this issue. We've had enough.
Post edited by blazder on

Comments

• Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    blazder wrote: »
    You are well aware of the issue with this boses when we have no maint. Last week you finally realized you need to at least do a restart by tuesday so they can spawn (which we asked for FOR MONTHS). This week, a step backwards, again no maint, no restart, no compensation. WHY? is it that hard to do a server restart? Or manually spawn the bosses?
    Stop ignoring this issue. We've had enough.

is this 8 or 9... ive lost count
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blazder
    edited August 2014
    is this 8 or 9... ive lost count

If you count the times realm 5 crashed for some servers, its way over that.
    At this point is easier to count the few times weve had zods.
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited August 2014
    If you count the times realm 5 crashed for some servers, its way over that.
    At this point is easier to count the few times weve had zods.

5 or 6... i think

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blazder
    edited August 2014
    Can DoD give us an answer since hes around other threads saying how much he loves us, but ignoring this one.
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited August 2014
    Can DoD give us an answer since hes around other threads saying how much he loves us, but ignoring this one.

I do love this new weekly trend... it feeds the **** in me greatly

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited August 2014
    We don't have authorization nor the ability to spawn bosses yet. I do not make the calls on when maintenance occurs, but we do not run maintenance completely in-house. It requires co-ordination with the Chinese engineers and thus altercations occur.

A maintenance thread is being created now which will go over what is coming when the next patch arrives and what you can expect after this week's maintenance.
  • Cheerful - Eyrda
    Cheerful - Eyrda Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We have an alliance drop table that has kept up with the zodiac boss drops ever since the patch release. We've had a total of 14 possible boss spawns, including tonight. We've missed 5 on Eyrda, which is the least amount missed since luckily we experienced no other issues besides missed maints. Other servers have missed more (7-9) depending on realm crashes, etc.

That's means the most important and rare bosses in the game have been missed 35%-65% of the time due purely to PWE negligence/ineptitude. Blame it on CN all you want, but it's a major business/customer service flaw if something as major as this isn't remedied in some way sooner than this.

Then they wonder why we are angry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blazder
    edited August 2014
    We don't have authorization nor the ability to spawn bosses yet. I do not make the calls on when maintenance occurs, but we do not run maintenance completely in-house. It requires co-ordination with the Chinese engineers and thus altercations occur.

A maintenance thread is being created now which will go over what is coming when the next patch arrives and what you can expect after this week's maintenance.

I understand that about maintenance, im asking about a server restart, like it was done last week. Why couldnt you (PWE) do that yesterday to ensure we get bosses today? Im sure you can do a restart yesterday and still have maintance tonight.
  • Mr_InFamou - Lionheart
    Mr_InFamou - Lionheart Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We have an alliance drop table that has kept up with the zodiac boss drops ever since the patch release. We've had a total of 14 possible boss spawns, including tonight. We've missed 5 on Eyrda, which is the least amount missed since luckily we experienced no other issues besides missed maints. Other servers have missed more (7-9) depending on realm crashes, etc.

That's means the most important and rare bosses in the game have been missed 35%-65% of the time due purely to PWE negligence/ineptitude. Blame it on CN all you want, but it's a major business/customer service flaw if something as major as this isn't remedied in some way sooner than this.

Then they wonder why we are angry.
    It requires co-ordination with the Chinese engineers and thus altercations occur.

If he's talking about reset as well, then it's not because of PWE's negligence.
    We all know how CN is...
    The Star Falls
    Mr_InFamous: Lv90 Elemental Warrior
    Lionhearts "Worst warrior on the whole server" since 7/26/11
    DefenderofDreams the hero Forsaken World needs.
    Fifty shades of GreyjoyKraken RIP
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/mImBk9T.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Cheerful - Eyrda
    edited August 2014
    If he's talking about reset as well, then it's not because of PWE's negligence.
    We all know how CN is...

Shut up brown-noser. I really don't care what people with perpetual **** on their noses think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_InFamou - Lionheart
    edited August 2014
    Shut up brown-noser. I really don't care what people with perpetual **** on their noses think.

Erm, I was simply giving the benefit of the doubt. Idk what your outburst is all about.
    The Star Falls
  • blazder
    edited August 2014
    Erm, I was simply giving the benefit of the doubt. Idk what your outburst is all about.

Coz we had enough for PWE bs and some of us just dont take it so peacefully coz we do feel they are being really disrepectful towards their costumers.
  • Mr_InFamou - Lionheart
    edited August 2014
    If your anger toward PWE has gotten to the point where you have outbursts of hate toward other players cause of it, it's time to take a break, get some fresh air.

Yes it can be annoying that they don't do everything perfectly. But it's all up to you to keep playing.

I'll remove myself from this post, as I just know it's going to get closed.
    The Star Falls
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited August 2014
    If your anger toward PWE has gotten to the point where you have outbursts of hate toward other players cause of it, it's time to take a break, get some fresh air.

Yes it can be annoying that they don't do everything perfectly. But it's all up to you to keep playing.

says the guy that can actually get to PM the admins

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cheerful - Eyrda
    edited August 2014

No it's people like you who live in docility and brown-nose the **** out of the staff that the anger of the majority playerbase isn't taken seriously. I was respectful about issues and got blatantly ignored by staff. I was louder and still got ignored, then people like you come along and brownnose like it's going out of style. It's frustrating as hell, because unlike you, I'd rather this game survive than get on the staff's "good side."

You know it'll get closed cause you probably went and wah wahh'd to DoD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • defenderofdreams
    edited August 2014
    Blazder, I understand your anger. Unfortunately, anything that has to do with full server wide modifications/alterations requires us to have CN engineers on hand. This is the reason for late night maintenances, and is also why we aren't able to hit restarts or maintenances on schedule.

Everyone here in FW Team would love to have everything be on schedule and orderly without any need for outside involvement. That would be to us, ideal. The only server changes we have control over is specific realm restarts. Anything more than that requires a full notice and report sent overseas. There are policies and protocols to follow.

I've put this boss spawn issue personally on my plate of tasks as we need a resolution ASAP. I agree with everyone on that. The moment I have good news in this area I'll be the first to let everyone know. The EU team also is looking forward to what we can do when spawn powers are enabled for us.
  • Cheerful - Eyrda
    edited August 2014
    Blazder, I understand your anger. Unfortunately, anything that has to do with full server wide modifications/alterations requires us to have CN engineers on hand. This is the reason for late night maintenances, and is also why we aren't able to hit restarts or maintenances on schedule.

Everyone here in FW Team would love to have everything be on schedule and orderly without any need for outside involvement. That would be to us, ideal. The only server changes we have control over is specific realm restarts.
    Anything more than that requires a full notice and report sent overseas. There are policies and protocols to follow.

I've put this boss spawn issue personally on my plate of tasks as we need a resolution ASAP. I agree with everyone on that. The moment I have good news in this area I'll be the first to let everyone know. The EU team also is looking forward to what we can do when spawn powers are enabled for us.

Can't you just realm restart realm 5 then? It isn't down, but a basic restart for realm 5 only prior to the spawn time would allow the bosses to spawn normally. THIS is what Torn was requesting and seems to be in your power to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited August 2014

Asap... and its been how many months now?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blazder
    edited August 2014

Everyone here in FW Team would love to have everything be on schedule and orderly without any need for outside involvement. That would be to us, ideal. The only server changes we have control over is specific realm restarts. Anything more than that requires a full notice and report sent overseas. There are policies and protocols to follow.

Then isnt it possible to restart realm 5? It might still not get the bosses to respwan, how this works seems to be a mystery.. but at least give us something? Try that out? Please..
  • Cheerful - Eyrda
    edited August 2014
    Then isnt it possible to restart realm 5? It might still not get the bosses to respwan, how this works seems to be a mystery.. but at least give us something? Try that out? Please..

Illyfue's bosses spawned on a no-Tues maint week. Everyone else's bosses did not spawn. Illyfue's realm 5 crashed and was restarted on Wednesday prior to boss spawns.

So yes, a simple realm restart should allow the bosses to spawn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • defenderofdreams
    edited August 2014
    Restarts use up engineering resources which can only be authorized if there is an actual outtage. Each department has their own rules and regulations that all others must abide by so that everything can continue to function efficiently. This is why I asked if there was an outtage in regards to realm 5. Our QA department checks the issue and then makes the request.

If the realm goes down, then a restart can be made.
  • XGIOx - Illyfue
    XGIOx - Illyfue Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Illyfue's bosses spawned on a no-Tues maint week. Everyone else's bosses did not spawn. Illyfue's realm 5 crashed and was restarted on Wednesday prior to boss spawns.

So yes, a simple realm restart should allow the bosses to spawn.

Yup actually this happened twice already,realm 5 crashed, realm gets restarted and that fixed and they spawned, but i think they didnt understood what we have been trying to tell for like hmm 2 months already... Its just a pretty buttoon saying reboot realm 5 press it DOD gogo before its too late....
  • defenderofdreams
    edited August 2014
    Yup actually this happened twice already,realm 5 crashed, realm gets restarted and that fixed and they spawned, but i think they didnt understood what we have been trying to tell for like hmm 2 months already... Its just a pretty buttoon saying reboot realm 5 press it DOD gogo before its too late....

If only it was that simple.
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited August 2014
    Restarts use up engineering resources which can only be authorized if there is an actual outtage. Each department has their own rules and regulations that all others must abide by so that everything can continue to function efficiently. This is why I asked if there was an outtage in regards to realm 5. Our QA department checks the issue and then makes the request.

so the loss of one of the most valuable events in the game does not merit a fix... wonderful news

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blazder
    edited August 2014
    Ok, now we need to figure out how to crash realm 5...
    Seriously.. come on. YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT WITHOUT CN. You've know for months now that we need the restart for boses to spawn, arrange it so that if you cant have a maint, have just a r5 restart. It's not that hard, im sure it can be done, its been happening for months youve had enough time to talk about it and find a solution with PWE STAFF.

Its so fruistrating knowing you have a solution, you just "cant" do it.
  • Cheerful - Eyrda
    edited August 2014

I doubt that the system is as inefficient/compartmentalized as you describe.

However, your post translates from corporate jargon to: We have an engineering staff that has certain amounts of allotted time for each of the titles they work on. Either 1) The engineering staff does not want to set aside more time for FW or 2) The engineering staff cannot set aside more time for FW because PWE exec's wants their attention elsewhere.

Neither are good scenarios, esp. #2, considering how large of an issue missing these bosses is toward the FW population. It's something that is causing a lot of distress, and if PWE cared about it, they would set aside more "resources" (time) for it to be fixed with realm restarts, at least until a more permanent solution can be arranged with CN.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • defenderofdreams
    edited August 2014
    Ok, now we need to figure out how to crash realm 5...
    Seriously.. come on. YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT WITHOUT CN. You've know for months now that we need the restart for boses to spawn, arrange it so that if you cant have a maint, have just a r5 restart. It's not that hard, im sure it can be done, its been happening for months youve had enough time to talk about it and find a solution with PWE STAFF.

I'll bring this suggestion up with Croxe and the engineers to see what can be worked out to ensure this.
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited August 2014
    I'll bring this suggestion up with Croxe and the engineers to see what can be worked out to ensure this.

you should have done that when we figured out that restartin JUST THAT REALM did it in the first place e_e

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blazder
    edited August 2014

I do apreaciate your efforts but i also do find it kind of insulting we've had to wait this long for this issue to be brough up. Since the first time it happened we've been saying how a realm restar is all thats its needed, yet we got ignored countless times. This could had been dealt and fixed months ago.
  • Varnania - Eyrda
    Varnania - Eyrda Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yea a realm restart ever tuesday's sounds like a good fix but it would have to be at 9pm specific time or later so that the vexxors can still spawn. so people can open the 75 zods too. another good soulution would be to put an npc in free ises that you can enter. where are the 3 zods are in there just like elementals and have it so this npc spawns even if you have no realm restart or maint that day. just a segjestion.