Can we stop the "THE END IS NIGH" thing please?

Bhyl - Lionheart
Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
It would be nice to read a forum thread where DoD has asked a question to us and not have the whole OMG FW IS DEAD!!1!!!!11!!!

It's not ending, DoD has said on multiple occasions its not ending. But everyone is still:

4WqqOYU.png

We know CN drag the chain on fixing things, they always have. What I would absolutely love is that we know the bugs have been reported to them & that they are working on it. That would be a great piece of communication to have but **** bells guys, we are not at the end of forsaken world!

zoao5L5.gifzoao5L5.gifzoao5L5.gif

It makes it harder to read the forums for the good things that are happening if you keep up the its all bad talk.

Some good things since croxe.
Star Dia/Frags moved to Otis (hint hint croxe, now price those meteors better, grr!)
Brace yourselves! Fashion is coming!
GvG Bi Annual resets
New mounts in otis
New serums for a reasonable price (NOM NOM NOM)
2x exp is being switched on every weekend or two
Rafflies! They have been rather cool!
As for boutique sales, I think Croxe is experimenting and monitoring data to see what sells & what items are most wanted.

Yes there is still plenty to be fixed, but at least things have started happening.

now lets see what CN breaks when they add the fashion...
Post edited by Bhyl - Lionheart on

Comments

• Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Croxe has been here for almost a year, and THAT is the list you can come up with? Isn't that sad? Almost year for this?

Let's break this list you gave down, shall we?

Star Dia/Frags moved to Otis (hint hint croxe, now price those meteors better, grr!) - Good change, but offset by the fact that fortification is now expensive as **** with a low **** chance to succeed.
    Brace yourselves! Fashion is coming! - CS update.
    GvG Bi Annual resets - This hasn't actually been enacted yet. Seeing is believing.
    New mounts in otis - ... at ridiculously expensive prices that no sane mortal would ever buy them at.
    New serums for a reasonable price (NOM NOM NOM) - This is a good thing.
    2x exp is being switched on every weekend or two - Good thing, but it is not an update or anything really unusual given we were having 2x events (sp version) frequently before the 90 patch.
    Rafflies! They have been rather cool! - CS event, not an update.
    As for boutique sales, I think Croxe is experimenting and monitoring data to see what sells & what items are most wanted. - CS again.

So you gave a list of mostly cs changes, and you're saying we should be happy and positive because that's what we're getting? You may not want to believe the game is having issues, and that's fine. However, it doesn't mean you are living in reality.

If you want a list of all the negative changes to the game that have happened over the past year, much of it without even being addressed, then you can easily go check out the Insane list of **** thread rattling somewhere on this forum. I guarantee it far outweighs the expensive, ineffective cash shop updates list you just posted.

You can choose to remain oblivious and live in happy unicorn land for all I care, but when you treat others like they're stupid for being concerned that the game is dying - CAUSE IT IS - then I will throw it right back in your face. FYI, we complain because we like this game and hate seeing it go down the crapper because of poor decisions, not because we're complaining just to complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The end is not "nigh" but obvious.
    Of all the things you listed, shifting ingame mechanics has also shifted the positiveness, especially when it comes to gear upgrades.

So lets take a look on your list:

Star Dia/Frags moved to Otis (hint hint croxe, now price those meteors better, grr!)

- Implementing a tertiary currency that is only obtaineble through cash gamble items needs something that can be bought with it. If the outcome is positive for the game is still to be seen, basically its a reshape of the ingame economics with cash to non cash currency now on a 2:1 ratio while it was 1:1 before.

Brace yourselves! Fashion is coming!

- Adverts are nothing positive. Look at what really is happening right now before copying adverts please.

- GvG Bi Annual resets
    Wait until it actually happens.

- New mounts in otis

See first point. New currency needs new things that can be bought so that people feel the urge to pay for it.

- New serums for a reasonable price (NOM NOM NOM)

Not sure i get whats positive here.

- 2x exp is being switched on every weekend or two

Which is direly needed as the exploiters dont get what they deserve and looking at the insane level up and unseal costs the 2x EXP is a band aid for the promised and not delivered exp ease up for anyone level 80+.

- Rafflies! They have been rather cool!

Have they ? They would have been a lot cooler without the many send out issues and the also many non responses by the ticket people, who seem to be on permanent holiday or something like that.

- As for boutique sales, I think Croxe is experimenting and monitoring data to see what sells & what items are most wanted.

Who cares about assumptions ? I can "monitor" my work all day but i dont think my boss will be pleased with such a work attitude...

Please take a look what really happens and what the things that happen do in short and long term runs. Indian givings at best is what we get here.

The end is not nigh, i can agree there as i saw many formerly good games go down long and painfully for years to come after the publisher and the devs stopped doing anything at all.
    Games can die hard, even when the cash squeeze gets so obvious and the "service" becomes a mere fairytale.

.....but in this phase of slowly dying by neglection, the game is less and less fun, and this is what players feel. they will CS less, so teh publisher will turn on the squeeze wheel more, so player will CS less, etc. - until the game finally is dead.

Instead of trying to do the staffs job to generate inappropriate hope for the better so the cash keeps flowing, let them do their jobs by themselves and show that at least the propaganda section sometimes reacts on players input.
    All other parts of the company seem to have ceased function for this game anyway.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DethStrike - Storm Legion
    DethStrike - Storm Legion Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Croxe has been here for almost a year, and THAT is the list you can come up with? Isn't that sad? Almost year for this?

Let's break this list you gave down, shall we?

Star Dia/Frags moved to Otis (hint hint croxe, now price those meteors better, grr!) - Good change, but offset by the fact that fortification is now expensive as **** with a low **** chance to succeed.
    Brace yourselves! Fashion is coming! - CS update.
    GvG Bi Annual resets - This hasn't actually been enacted yet. Seeing is believing.
    New mounts in otis - ... at ridiculously expensive prices that no sane mortal would ever buy them at.
    New serums for a reasonable price (NOM NOM NOM) - This is a good thing.
    2x exp is being switched on every weekend or two - Good thing, but it is not an update or anything really unusual given we were having 2x events (sp version) frequently before the 90 patch.
    Rafflies! They have been rather cool! - CS event, not an update.
    As for boutique sales, I think Croxe is experimenting and monitoring data to see what sells & what items are most wanted. - CS again.

If the current FW team ran anything else:

Forsaken Burger
    Customer: Yes I'd like to get a cheeseburger.
    Cashier: Okay, that'll be $3.99 plus tax.
    Customer: Oh, could I get extra pickles?
    Cashier: No problem! That'll be $5,000, and we'll just throw a random amount of extra pickles on it. You're guaranteed at least one extra, but we might randomly dump the entire gallon jar on it.

Forsaken Auto
    Customer: Do I qualify for the $39.99 oil change special?
    Mechanic: Yes you do!
    Customer: Great! Could I get synthetic oil instead of the standard conventional?
    Mechanic: Sure thing! It'll come at an additional cost though.
    Customer: Okay, how much?
    Mechanic: About $399.99 for the oil, which is our in-house brand. Labor is included however.
    Customer: That's outrageous! Any other place would barely hit $60! And I'd even get to choose what brand of oil!
    Mechanic: Hold on now! We do have options here! You can either pay us $400, or my manager can hit you in the face with a brick.

Forsaken Electronics
    Customer: Hi, I'd like to purchase a new HDTV for my living room. I know what one I want, I just need it pulled for me.
    Salesperson: That's great! Say, are you part of our rewards program? For every dollar you pay today, you get a point towards our rewards program, where you can spend the points to get free stuff! And if you pay in cash, we'll DOUBLE those points!
    Customer: That's AWESOME! Sign me up!
    Salespeople: Alright!
    Customer: Okay, I've paid up, AND in cash! Can I spend my points now?
    Salespeople: Sorry, but it appears our rewards program isn't working right now.
    Customer: Oh no! But isn't there a time limit on when I can cash in on my points!?
    Salespeople: There is! I'm afraid you're just not going to be able to collect your rewards.
    Customer: Well, this isn't the first time you've done this promo. Will my points roll over to the next promo at least?
    Salespeople: Nope, they don't. They're a limited time ordeal.
    Customer: BUT YOU HAVE A REALLY AWESOME BLU-RAY PLAYER IN YOUR REWARDS CENTER THAT I WANT! You don't sell it anywhere else!
    Salespeople: I wish I could help you, but I can't. In the meantime, my manager offers his most sincere apologies, and this selfie of him rolling around in money.
This discussion has been closed.