Comments

• Accuzon - Eyrda
    Accuzon - Eyrda Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't think ARC is really the issue if players that are on Steam can't get in either, and it was stated that a number of Steam players can't get in

Is all the login data for all players across all the PWE games hosted on one server?
  • Bluehulk - Storm Legion
    Bluehulk - Storm Legion Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't think ARC is really the issue if players that are on Steam can't get in either, and it was stated that a number of Steam players can't get in

Well out of the 7 people that "Use" steam, 5 can get in, 2 cant.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is all the login data for all players across all the PWE games hosted on one server?

I honestly can't answer that
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • CasterX - Storm Legion
    CasterX - Storm Legion Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Steam is one of best program for game's on world so if they hawe problem's whit log in to so its not arc. its somthing wrong whit PWE engine
  • delratthan
    delratthan Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    honestly, i think someone outside of PWE, say a hacker tried to mess around with his stats or something and ****ed everything up for everyone else. just an opinion.
  • tonkajedi
    tonkajedi Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Time to take my business somewhere else that can actually fix something after three ****ing days
  • Accuzon - Eyrda
    Accuzon - Eyrda Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Steam is one of best program for game's on world so if they hawe problem's whit log in to so its not arc. its somthing wrong whit PWE engine

What I'm getting at is that all the games are having the issue so there has to be a common factor shared between them. Its either physical or software. Since they keep resetting it sounds lilke its a software fault and what is the common software they all have to access in order for us to log on?
  • aerianis
    aerianis Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No one on office on weekends? are you kidding me? you offer a pay service and this happens? Unbelivable....

There are online payroll services out there that allow their clients to login and upload payroll, however it wont print until 8:00 Monday morning.

There are hundreds of thousands of businesses that have an active online pad service that has limited staff on the weekends. Not every tech geek or IT guy is given carte blanche Red User name forum access. Many times there are one or two specific communicators allotted for the Forum posting.

If these IT Engineers actually read your posts today - weeeelllll they might be inclined to pour a cup of coffee into the server and be done with it until a new server can be bought on Monday.

Please folks, use a wee bit of common sense, its easy to say they should do this, do that, however in the real business community an exoectation of 24/7 customer service is a vain expectation.

Amazon has it but they log in from home.

If their IT guys aren't even near the actual server perhaps the only thing they can do is to reset it and cross their fingers until someone who has physical access to the server (computer) can see if there is a physical issue as well as a programming or run time error, etc.

Coded on a text based game in '97 which was physically located in a closet at a University in Sweden. There was no access to the physical server from 6 pm Friday night until 6 am Monday morning, if the game crashed it stayed crash. No one in the US could call someone to go reboot it.

Think globally and try to remember that just becuase we are in the middle of the technical revolution does not mean that you always get what you want when you want it. Even if you do feel you paid for it.

(cough)

The closest thing to a home computer in 1985 was an Apple IIe if I recall and there certainly wasn't such a thing as the World Wide Web you could log into or even a Multi User Dungeon that you could log into that wasn't text based with zero graphics.

Graphics these days amaze me and so do the games available. Many of you I wish I could take on a trip to Pre-mass produced online free games.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Anyone want to borrow my heart medication?
  • danceee
    danceee Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Unable to log-in back to server if we get off or disconnet ect...

No one responsibility!
  • CasterX - Storm Legion
    edited July 2014
    i log in my main finaly \o/
    work for me now
  • delratthan
    edited July 2014
    instead of the relay message i am now getting a timeout message
  • ffapocalypse
    ffapocalypse Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    aerianis wrote: »
    There are online payroll services out there that allow their clients to login and upload payroll, however it wont print until 8:00 Monday morning.

There are hundreds of thousands of businesses that have an active online pad service that has limited staff on the weekends. Not every tech geek or IT guy is given carte blanche Red User name forum access. Many times there are one or two specific communicators allotted for the Forum posting.

If these IT Engineers actually read your posts today - weeeelllll they might be inclined to pour a cup of coffee into the server and be done with it until a new server can be bought on Monday.

Please folks, use a wee bit of common sense, its easy to say they should do this, do that, however in the real business community an exoectation of 24/7 customer service is a vain expectation.

If their IT guys aren't even near the actual server perhaps the only thing they can do is to reset it and cross their fingers until someone who has physical access to the server (computer) can see if there is a physical issue as well as a programming or run time error, etc.

Coded on a text based game in '97 which was physically located in a closet at a University in Sweden. There was no access to the physical server from 6 pm Friday night until 6 am Monday morning, if the game crashed it stayed crash. No one in the US could call someone to go reboot it.

Think globally and try to remember that just becuase we are in the middle of the technical revolution does not mean that you always get what you want when you want it. Even if you do feel you paid for it.

(cough)

The closest thing to a home computer in 1985 was an Apple IIe if I recall and there certainly wasn't such a thing as the World Wide Web you could log into or even a Multi User Dungeon that you could log into that wasn't text based with zero graphics.

Graphics these days amaze me and so do the games available. Many of you I wish I could take on a trip to Pre-mass produced online free games.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Any company worth a damn, that has a high-availability business, has standard processes in place to deal with failures quickly. Those that don't are not in business for long.
  • shimatsuken
    shimatsuken Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014

(cough)

Breathe in, breathe out.

Only think 1 thing....BLIZZARD! Blizzard offer this support? NO! And i explain you why. For Blizzard every costumer is important and if they have an issue they work costantly for resolve it. They work 24/7 for offer a perfect product to the costumers. We pay we want. And Blizzard didn't do only P2P games, but F2P games are perfect too as they will be a P2P game. Why? Because they want a perfect service. It's unbelivable ruin a game as FW because it will be offline for 1 day (or more). Ofc people like me says: "It's not possible!". As payer i want a perfect service, not a bad one...
  • delratthan
    edited July 2014
    i log in my main finaly \o/
    work for me now
    explain the process to us, dont leave people hanging
  • ffapocalypse
    ffapocalypse Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In BTW !!!!!!!
  • Exilira - Eyrda
    Exilira - Eyrda Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Out of curiosity.. for the small population actually in the game and playing.. are you playing through Steam? Or are Steam users also experiencing issues with PWE titles? I went back to Arc to dual client awhile ago but if Steam users have no issue playing right now I might just play through Steam until this is fixed. But that would require redownloading and where I am right now downloads are slow ._.

Is this even an option? I was under the impression that ARC was the ONLY way to play FW...
  • aerianis
    edited July 2014
    Logging in to storm server east now...
  • kathyrenee
    kathyrenee Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    get on while u can lol before it goes down again
  • CasterX - Storm Legion
    edited July 2014
    i log in on storm whit no problem's
  • tornathien
    tornathien Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2014

(cough)

Breathe in, breathe out.

maybe you have only paid cash shop type games.. but many of the monthly fee games have dedicated staff 24/7 to keep game working top notch, blizzard, mythic just to name a few valued its customers and has great customer service.
  • givearandomname
    givearandomname Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy **** holy ****

I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in I got in
    I got in I got in I got in

8 hours 20 min later I got in
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • fottermucker3
    fottermucker3 Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Fro mthe people i play with it seems nobody ever touches ARC, my friends and i bypass it or play through steam and we were all able to log in. So it rlly seems ot be ARC related since other games are affected too.
  • aerianis
    edited July 2014
    Via regular Arc server, no issues no hangs no work arounds.

Thank you Easter Bunny, bwak bwak!
  • delratthan
    edited July 2014
    okay, im nothing but a script kitty, but i think i know what the problem is. it may have something to do with the characters themselves, all day ive been trying my lionheart and eryda accounts, and i keep getting the errors. but i had a hunch and clicked on storm server, and it takes me to the character creation page. i am going to create a character here and see what happens, i will let you know what happens

tttthhhhbbbbpppppp. ignore my previous rambles... i am able to log back into erdya and lionheart again
  • dreamer558
    dreamer558 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yay, loggin working again \o/ can we has x2 sp back plz? :P the server reset they did to try to fix it removed the double sp
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A TOAST!!! to the engineers for getting the server hamster to behave
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    if only dsp were still on on eyrda...

maybe dexp too ;)
  • miiapascal2
    miiapascal2 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Loged in , yayyyy :3 ty......
  • DethStrike - Storm Legion
    DethStrike - Storm Legion Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited July 2014

(cough)

Breathe in, breathe out.

PWE managed to find $50 million for Cryptic Studios. If they can find $50 million to buy an asset from Atari, they can find the resources to keep things running as smooth as possible, 24/7/365. If they can't, then someone better find out who's skimming a bit too heavily off the top.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So is it safe to guess that 99% of you are able to log in?
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
This discussion has been closed.