Comments

• xorithx
    xorithx Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They are robooting the log in server ALL day? I have been trying off and on to log in for over 12 hours now.... Andthey can't inform us on the web page that they are doing maintenance?

it's not a maintenance, this hit out of nowhere, there was an issue that was fixed on Fri. this hit after everyone left the office for the weekend. Engineers have been working on this since this a.m

they have been trying to see if the reboot can or will fix it, since it hasn't they are trying other methods to get all the serves back up and running
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • ray1hall
    ray1hall Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    what is wrong i cant logg in why : Please put system back to PWE sence ARC is a mess. DIDNOT have problem befor ARC and now you stupid peole dont know what your doing . project develoment and research . ty
  • SilentTame - Lionheart
    SilentTame - Lionheart Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just wondering here how is it that some players can get in to the game and some can't? i say this because my in-game husband/bf is actually in the game playing and i can't get in. I would think this would effect everyone no just some players.
  • givearandomname
    givearandomname Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yes, they have been working on thins since 1pm EDT
    it's not a maintenance, this hit out of nowhere, there was an issue that was fixed on Fri. this hit after everyone left the office for the weekend. Engineers have been working on this since this a.m

they have been trying to see if the reboot can or will fix it, since it hasn't they are trying other methods to get all the serves back up and running

now your just making things up two pages back said since 1pm edt now your saying the am do you even know if there realy working on it?
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited July 2014
    Just wondering here how is it that some players can get in to the game and some can't? i say this because my in-game husband/bf is actually in the game playing and i can't get in. I would think this would effect everyone no just some players.

there are some guesses as to why, like some people that had account made before ARC was added can get in (which I can't even do), some posted a "work around" on doing a dual client process

I'm not sure why, I've tried asking about that but I haven't been given any kind of answer
    now your just making things up two pages back said since 1pm edt now your saying the am do you even know if there realy working on it?

it has been since 1pm EDT which is 10am PDT, not lying
  • asksuma
    asksuma Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Engineers have been working on this since this a.m

13j.gif

Not lol'd at u Nyxa but that sound'd funny as hell & aka hard to believe!
  • cangeline
    cangeline Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    that would be 10 am pdt
  • dreamer558
    dreamer558 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    some posted a "work around" on doing a dual client process

the "work around" is after you open your first client with arc, when it gives the error message you leave it, don't click ok. then start a second client and enter your info manually, this works for some accounts and not for others. i tested it and the only difference in accounts (all created before arc) was that my accounts that had reapers on them could not loggin, idk why that would make a difference though, but its all i could think of.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited July 2014
    cangeline wrote: »
    that would be 10 am pdt

thank you for the correction
  • aerianis
    aerianis Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nyxa - thanks for your comments, they have been helpful.

As it is the weekend, staff would be at a minimum, a random guess would shifts of eight hours each with perhaos one or two folks manning the servers, etc. perhaps more.

With that said - Who knows what lurks in the hearts if evil men? (Especially when you take their primary source of entertainment away from them?)

If I was working there and I was desperately trying to figure out why the login servers weren't working the last thing I would be doing is logging into the forum to post anything.

Now if it was during the week there might be more IT personnel and other personnel who weren't desperately trying to fix what was going on with the login server who COULD log in with their shiny red name title and give us an update.

I understand the frustration, see my other thread, however getting all (cough) upset, angry, etc. really does nothing for yourself. Sometimes venting only creates more anger and hostility within ones own self.

Games go up, games go down....its not something to get hostile over. Spent money yesterday, played from 9:30 am EST to 4:00 pm EST then sadly was not able to. However six and a half hours of gametime today, twice that yesterday....equates money well spent in my book. Couldn't even go to the drive in for that and thats only four hours of entertainment.

Game is free, other items are a commodity and your choice to purchase them or not.

Not being able to play is not your choice but they are working on it from the 30+ pages I have read and someone is trying to respond to your complaints, etc. but you are choosing not to listen.

I wouldn't blame Nyxa if she closed this thread as well and made a new sticky that said, Some login servers are currently down, they are working on the issues at hand, no estimated time yet for when it will be fixed, please do not post or create new threads regarding this. :)

Have fun, relax, I am as bummed as most but certainly not angry or hostile.
  • rorien
    rorien Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xorithx wrote: »

make it so
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited July 2014
    aerianis wrote: »

As it is the weekend, staff would be at a minimum, a random guess would shifts of eight hours each with perhaos one or two folks manning the servers, etc. perhaps more.

With that said - Who knows what lurks in the hearts if evil men? (Especially when you take their primary source if entertainment away from them?)

If I was working there and I was desperately trying to figure out why the login servers weren't working the last thing I would be doing is logging into the forum to post anything.

Now if it was during the week there might be more IT personnel and other personnel who weren't desperately trying to fix what was going on with the login server who COULD log in with their shiny red name title and give us an update.

I understand the frustration, see my other thread, however getting all (cough) upset, angry, etc. really does nothing for yourself. Sometimes venting only creates more anger and hostility within ones own self.

Games go up, games go down....its not something to get hostile over. Spent money yesterday, played from 9:30 am EST to 4:00 pm EST then sadly was not able to. However six and a half hours of gametime today, twice that yesterday....equates money well spent in my book. Couldn't even go to the drive in for that and thats only four hours of entertainment.

Game is free, other items are a commodity and your choice to purchase them or not.

Not being able to play is not your choice but they are working on it from the 30+ pages I have read and someone is trying to respond to your complaints, etc. but you are choosing not to listen.

I wouldn't blame Nyxa if she closed this thread as well and made a new sticky that said, Some login servers are currently down, they are working on the issues at hand, no estimated time yet for when it will be fixed, please do not post or create new threads regarding this. :)

Thanks for the feedback

I'm not going to close this since making a new one will just upset players even more. Even making a new sticky thread will not make things better since I'm not a red name and most of what I post players want a paid staff confirmation, which I don't blame them at times.

Do I wish I had a better line of communication with things like this yes I do, do I wish I did have their number on speed dial, damn right.

I'm trying to answer what I can, when I can, I just ask that the rage be kept at a simmer, since I don't want to take posts out and make matters worse. I do want to thank everyone for keeping it civil and decent (for the most part) so far.
  • QueenKhale - Storm Legion
    QueenKhale - Storm Legion Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nyxa, nothing personal, I appreciate ALL you have done so far however the lack of a red named response regardless of wether it makes a difference to how fast the situation is resolved adds to the perception that this company does not care about its customers.

I've said it before, all of this is why I no longer spend money with this company.

The thing is that PWE is like a restaraunt with really good food but horrible service. No matter how much I dislike the service I still keep coming back because the food is good. Difference is that I still have to pay for my food, I do not have to pay to play FW.

If and when FW is ready for my cash again, they can stop with the lack of communication, stop implementing greedy tactics in game (200 TOF for fortification chance enhancement? REALLY and thats intentional
    > CLEARLY HAVE 0 IDEA OF IN GAME ECONOMICS), manage the game better (too many dc,s, lags and whole day server issues) and failure to listen to players/customers (ARC=FAIL, ARC=FAIL...............get it yet.....here lemme help ARC=FAIL), then and only then will I actually start to spend my money with this company again.

I TOTALLY agree with this! WORD!!!!
  • senecad
    senecad Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not sure if it's reapers or not. What I have noticed is that I cannot get in on any account that has a character over lvl 80. Unfortunately those accounts also have reapers on them.
  • shimatsuken
    shimatsuken Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's 1 day off, not 1 hour, 1 day! We lose a lot of things and i suppose PWE doesn't give a compentation of it! And if i don't miss-understanding the engeeners are out till monday... How do you pretend so we spend our money for a bad service like this? On others MMORPG if there is an issue, the problem was resolved in max 2 hours... Here we are talk about 1 day and the problem isn't resolved yet. What kind of service is this? How can i trust in PWE if these are the results of a simple issue? 1 day for understand what the game have. You are payied for resolve issues and you cannot find it? No good service at all...
  • dreamer558
    dreamer558 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    senecad wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's reapers or not. What I have noticed is that I cannot get in on any account that has a character over lvl 80. Unfortunately those accounts also have reapers on them.

its not the lv80's those are fine.
  • kibblesandbits
    kibblesandbits Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I cannot get into my main account which has a character over level 80 and no reaper. I also cannot get into my alt account which has no reapers and the highest level is 79. Both were made before Arc integration.
    Regina_Doloris MM
    Courante_Fugue Bard

Vice lead of Elysia on Storm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • itdeveloping
    itdeveloping Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why does it being the weekend coorelate with "being out of the office"? In most scenarios there isn't an office where these games are being worked on. Usually it's all telecommuting. Anytime you offer a product or service, especially a paid-service, content delivery takes precedent over what day of the week it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • givearandomname
    givearandomname Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2014

With that said - Who knows what lurks in the hearts if evil men? (Especially when you take their primary source of entertainment away from them?)

guess that depends on how much you spent and were you live the drive in here only costs 13 bucks a car load on sunday nights
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • ffapocalypse
    ffapocalypse Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2014

My one account affected has only one character - an 89 warrior.
  • SilentTame - Lionheart
    SilentTame - Lionheart Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not sure if its ben fix for good but i am now able to log back in to my character i hope this helps and some of you are lucky to go back in. Nyx thanks for keeping us updated and not leaving us wondering what is happening much appreciated.
  • rorien
    rorien Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

people have a right to angry over this im afraid to say. issues with pwe lately are not few and far between, they are abundant and close together, and its been getting worse. some of us spend decent money on their games, and have been for some time. no communication from official staff members is a lack of customer courtesy. it is not hard for one of them to post, even if they are working on servers, because clearly the forum is not affected by this problem, and is not complicating the log in problem.
  • runedragon251
    runedragon251 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just small upgrade: Swordman log in, now work. (So, i think there are someone working in fix the problem... "stay tuned" until log-server-FW back on... ).

"The Hope is the last resort..."

HOW LOG IN:
    1. open your 1st client, but dont choose server.
    2. open 2nd client with our ALT, choose server, you WILL logged.
    3. close the 1st client.
    4. re-open client (as the other client is still running) you will get the log-in screen (name and password), and completed as usual and LOG IN with your MAIN (too).

At this point, the problem is "ARC stuff"... goodluck :)

this does work ppl tried it just used my alt first and main as second client
  • raven61078
    raven61078 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've tried all day to get in with no success tells me each time that I have been disconnected.
  • JamrilArroway - Storm Legion
    JamrilArroway - Storm Legion Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not sure if its ben fix for good but i am now able to log back in to my character i hope this helps and some of you are lucky to go back in. Nyx thanks for keeping us updated and not leaving us wondering what is happening much appreciated.

Dosen't work for me T;Frozen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aerianis
    aerianis Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's 1 day off, not 1 hour, 1 day! We lose a lot of things and i suppose PWE doesn't give a compentation of it! And if i don't miss-understanding the engeeners are out till monday... How do you pretend so we spend our money for a bad service like this? On others MMORPG if there is an issue, the problem was resolved in max 2 hours... Here we are talk about 1 day and the problem isn't resolved yet. What kind of service is this? How can i trust in PWE if these are the results of a simple issue? 1 day for understand what the game have. You are payied for resolve issues and you cannot find it? No good service at all...

If players are unable to log in for an entire 24 hours and lose their consecutive login bonuses, etc. I would hope that the Administration would go to a prior backup before the crash, therefore no accumalative bonuses would be lost, however those that were able to login sporadically this weekend would lose their respective XP. That's a whole different box of lemmings in itself.

We can only wait and see what comes of all this, its hard to just sit and not be able to take any action....twiddling thumbs only gets you so far.

I hope that they are able to remedy this to everyones satisfaction...remember breathe in, breathe out.
  • ckf1960
    ckf1960 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What ****, putaqpariu, more 20 hours and no login!!!!!! T;Angry
  • suzanneb
    suzanneb Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i am unable to log into the game at all
  • dunksysnr
    dunksysnr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    another day were i cant log into the game, hmmm very annoying when u put ur hard earnt cash into a game u cant play, bye bye
This discussion has been closed.