The new content mobs...

kibblesandbits
kibblesandbits Posts: 46 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
More of a question than a complaint. I've been able to get by just fine so far. The monsters in the new content (ie. overworld mobs, ACI instance mobs, and sickle island) as far as I can tell completely ignore evasion. I was just wondering if this was completely intentional or some sort of bug.

I'm not sure I like having the IDs I spent tons of gold and time on be completely invalidated by any new game content that comes out. (PVP not-withstanding, they obviously want pvp eva dead.) Any information about this would be helpful. Or player experiences where evasion HAS worked for them would be cool. As of now (level 83) the only thing I can be "missed" by is the elite mob at the wrecked ship.

Thankies :3
Post edited by kibblesandbits on
Regina_Doloris MM
Courante_Fugue Bard

Vice lead of Elysia on Storm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Xpewx - Eyrda
    Xpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yep eva in pvp got nerfed vs regular mobs but still works on world bosses it's weird
  • cureaustria
    cureaustria Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    PVE
    all eva player have switchgear for PVE, no matter if expensive parts or cheap parts
    its no question if they "hit" or dont hit
    with cheap damage parts they WILL hit, and go down fast as usual

PVP
    dont have any special advantages, average mastery, average resistance,
    only lv77 gear, not even lv85 skill because of lv84
    AND not an single evasion part with tripple ID (tried a lot to get, but im not a lucky one)
    evasion could be (8x5+3x5+4x4+2) 70 higher but 546 seems to be enough to get usefull
    with lv85 equip even higher than this with better IDs

im place 7 of the EU server and it was never easier on eva than it is today
    -more and more people went on damage gear, healer want to get more and more tanky

i cant tell you ONE player with MAIN accuracy equip anymore, if someone has accuracy gear
    then its switch gear with a lot lower stats (trash gear)

in earlier days there where some players with 800-900 accuracy, but they are gone

in the end, only skills/debuffs can counter evasion anymore, and thats the easy point
    -who can debuff evasion? marksmen the best

in 1 on 1. they will be succesfull against evasion players, yes
    but in arena you only need to join a group with an mage wich counters the marksmen
    and its done (vamp, warrior too - an good mage can handle such situations and make
    way free for the evasion player and his advantages)

PVE? no question about evasion, not even evasion players are in use of that
    PVP? evryone has his own opinion, but mine is that it was never easier than today

here an example of cheap switchgear for PVE as a "main evasion" player

h0KrvszMMAxs.jpg
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    BalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    did u read what was the thread question curen?? was it "please curen show of again?" or was it "does eva work on new mobs?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ahaha, also would love to know which player ran around with 800-900 accuracy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • nragedrain
    nragedrain Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am using the WarGod Set with Zodiac weapon and a blue helmet.
    Somehow I Eva id everything to the point it became useful to use for PvP.
    Had a lot of use for it 2 soloing instances and world bosses which I never dreamed of doing at the time.

Now however... I feel like my Eva isn't working much. The lv85 world bosses however still seemed to miss me occasionally and I have yet to reach a higher Eva amount then I had previously. Mobs don't miss me at all including the Invasions, new instances and what not.

I tested a quick buffed up state of 585 Evasion and the lv84 Fishkins at breezevalley have a 100% hitrate on me ouch... Maybe if someone reaches a high enough evasion amount and can clarify us exactly the amount needed to start seeing misses we would know and this doesn't mean "Swift Eva" lol

Actually the Swift Evasion buff did something lol
    I switched do Nyos and took all my evasion gear off to give me a buffed up state of 736 Evasion during SwiftEvasion and the result was that the Fishkin at breezevalley had a 50% hit rate on me missing me twice and hitting me twice and so on <- only tested it quickly but if thats the amount Evasive players need to see result to get mobs to miss them PvE wise ... then... lol
  • Tonali - Storm Legion
    Tonali - Storm Legion Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2014

AmarisArdin from Storm, she is a prec MM, has 900+ acc ._.
    Haven't seen her in a while, but i think she still does have that many
  • freeyaa
    freeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    AmarisArdin from Storm, she is a prec MM, has 900+ acc ._.
    Haven't seen her in a while, but i think she still does have that many

Storms not on Xserv with us so he can't have seen her around :)

btt: we tried with windbard buffs and everything, neither i (580-600 evs top) nor a guildy (620-640 evs top) could evade them normal mobs so i guess they just don't care about evs at all. So ye besides Bosses evs seems to be worthless in PvE situations.
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • cureaustria
    edited July 2014

i wanted to say that in earlier days there where a lot player running arround with full accuracy gear - on main gear(triple gen IDs and so on) but this changed

nowadays evryone wants amazing damageoutput OR amazing tanky gear OR a mix of this two

accuracy is only switchgear nowadays
    but how should that work out?
    the evasion player can hit evrything / the switched gear player can hit evrything
    but one player has main equip / the other one troll trash
    you cant kill an eva player with troll gear xD

in arena its fun at all, when you see an bard with lvl3 wings , suddenly has lv1 wings
    -you switch redhand on him because you know he wears troll gear, and kill him nearly instant

lol^^

but you are an MM,
    you never needed 800 acc on "gear", 650-700 and with your unpolite debuff its equal with 900 acc

sure its unbalanced, there is simply no way to raise such a lot evasion "with one click, like on the otherside huntermark can reduce it) thats unbalanced

but that fact was all time, yesterday same as nowadays
    i am glad that you dont play an eva/critdef MM, in your case one good mage can ice you till forever or transform or whatever he likes, you have only 2 anticc
    far away from enough against an good mage

most OP 3v3 would be,
    MM on eva/crit def/high attack (best with 85 ele set double evasion IDS, blue ring/amulett, 3rd hand with crit def)
    Priest with 1k res + booksill +240, something arround 300% crit def, 90k hp arena gear
    watermage (nothing special, only high crit def and good playing, only must be "healable" and spamm as much cc as he can provide)

evrything without evasion can be countered by an good mage(aoe cc)
    evrything on evasion can be countered by the MM (single cc)
    evrything like feast, assa skill lv85, wither priest -special field damage skils can be countered by the heal

mage+mm on redhand can simply kill evrything on redhand, without crits

PVP
    long wall of text, but in the end - the more people go on damage IDs and built switchgear for accuracy - the more evasion gets usefull for evasion players
    MM are always and alltime a big problem for evasion players, is the MM on damage gear - he can be countered - is he SAME on evasion, then it gets OP

PVE
    if the fishmob lv84 hits, or has missed hits - is realy not interesting for an evasion player
    first, the mob only makes "8 damage" lol
    and second, an good evasion player has switchgear for damage and that results that the "fismob" always hits

i know the thread creator likes to hear, evasion got nerved, in pvp aswell in pve
    but in pve it doesnt matter at all and in pvp it gets more use evry day

earlier days,
    30% are dangerous -non MM
    5% are dangerous, because MM

nowadays,
    5% are dangerous, non MM
    5% are dangerous, because MM

but all dangerous ones can be countered IF enemy is not on evasion too

fact is, there are not many evasion players left and they get less and less each day,
    that tells me 2 points
    first point, 99% must have an different opinion about evasion than me
    second point, the chance to meet an high evasion enemy gets lower and lower
    damage gear is more use in most cases
    in 95% of all fights evasion/accuracy ratio doesnt matter anymore in pvp
  • freeyaa
    edited July 2014
    but in pve it doesnt matter at all

That is only semi true.

There actually ARE PvE players that use evasion based builds (no matter how riddiculous this may sound since the loss of dps with evasion builds is sort of fail in PvE... they really EXIST lol).

So ye for these ppl it isn't irrelevant at all ijs.

(Btw what really doesn't matter at all are your endless PvP based novels here since the creator of the thread clearly stated he's just trying to gather information on evs working on them 80+ mobs lol.)
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
  • nragedrain
    nragedrain Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There are still many uses at least from my point of view to be having evasion. Many players do still farm lower level instances like ToK FP etc or Lv80 minus worldbosses while forcefully not leveling which might not sound hard for the lot of you, but having evasion helps out in that department.

Of course its fixed with a decent party but it benefits the farmer / farmers to have as few numbers with them into a instance and finishing it for FusionGem mats or Scavenge mats etc. Evasion makes you more independent for that.

I am not saying its a perfect solution! it is a nice alternative specially how not everyone has a dedicated alt and/or healer to support them 24/7.

What I would suggest however for those who still want Evasion is to pursue Defense <- by that not lv5 Solarflares... but a higher Level and quality +12 Chest piece and a bit more invested in your defensive soulpower attributes. A few defense stats from that might not sound like a lot but it will help PvE wise.

I am not sure if you can use Wrath Awakening in PvE servers but if you could being invested in Iron Skin and activating Wrath can reduce incoming damage for a short period of time combined with Anima Shields should help any player evasive or not.

As for the PvP rants LOL I really have a lot to say about your narrow sight of it but -> its off topic keep it on topic about the subject of the Evasion stats related to the mobs from the new content update.
    (Btw what really doesn't matter at all are your endless PvP based novels here since the creator of the thread clearly stated he's just trying to gather information on evs working on them 80+ mobs lol.)
    +1
  • kibblesandbits
    kibblesandbits Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the info guys. The only real issue I have with the 100% mob acc so far has been in the ACI instances, where my speed buff makes gathering mobs very easy. The only problem is I either have to have a healer in the party to keep me alive or I have to use iron skins and kill enough mobs in ~34 seconds (white rune). Otherwise I start taking 700-1200 damage per hit. With MM hp being what it is, it doesn't take long for me to get into trouble.

I'd also prefer to not have to fix my gear as often when I start training on the new mobs. As for switch gear I have been collecting war god and getting crit damage ID's, but I'd rather spend my time and effort on gathering the 81 and 85 blue sets. (i've got 85 severed agile chest already! ^.^).

As for PVP I'm not too worried, I just have to run away from mm's and divine priests (IKR?!). And eventually I'll have enough resists to not get oneshotted by every sin with decent mastery out of stealth. (#Dodgeproblems).

Again I appreciate the responses and helpful information (750+ eva for the damn fishies to start missing eh?). Hopefully It's changed a little so there is at least a chance of mobs missing in pve... (gimme like 33% and i'll be happy).

Thanks again :3
    Regina_Doloris MM
    Courante_Fugue Bard

Vice lead of Elysia on Storm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nragedrain wrote: »
    What I would suggest however for those who still want Evasion is to pursue Defense <- by that not lv5 Solarflares... but a higher Level and quality +12 Chest piece and a bit more invested in your defensive soulpower attributes. A few defense stats from that might not sound like a lot but it will help PvE wise.

+1

dont be hating on my solarflare Vs Q-Q
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Discotex - Eyrda
    Discotex - Eyrda Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Loads of people on Eyrda still do, I'm pretty sure amantiny's is still 800+. Mine's only around 750-780 depending on fashion, it'll clear 800 with BR buffs tho. Stacking accuracy is never about countering the masses, it's about that handfull of people who go evasion to use as a crutch for playing poorly.

In regards to the thread, mobs OP.
    Need help playing Aegis for PVP?-slightly outdated as of Lv90 patch-
    tinyurl.com/AegisGuide
    For other inquiries, refer to thread in warrior section!
    [SIGPIC]Discotex -Aegis[/SIGPIC]
  • cureaustria
    edited July 2014
    nragedrain wrote: »
    There are still many uses at least from my point of view to be having evasion. Many players do still farm lower level instances like ToK FP etc or Lv80 minus worldbosses while forcefully not leveling which might not sound hard for the lot of you, but having evasion helps out in that department.

Of course its fixed with a decent party but it benefits the farmer / farmers to have as few numbers with them into a instance and finishing it for FusionGem mats or Scavenge mats etc. Evasion makes you more independent for that.

I am not saying its a perfect solution! it is a nice alternative specially how not everyone has a dedicated alt and/or healer to support them 24/7.

I am not sure if you can use Wrath Awakening in PvE servers but if you could being invested in Iron Skin and activating Wrath can reduce incoming damage for a short period of time combined with Anima Shields should help any player evasive or not.

As for the PvP rants LOL I really have a lot to say about your narrow sight of it but -> its off topic keep it on topic about the subject of the Evasion stats related to the mobs from the new content update.

+1

first you told -no solarflares / get better equip instead:
    the meteorit things are not implemented till yet, i tryied with 160 (!!) star crystals and only got this 8/12 ****
    its not that easy at moment to get higher equip than 9/12...
    (5g each crystal->costed me 8dia o0 an solarflare lv4 you get for only 1-1,5dia...)

and yes, it could make more independet, but i didnt thought alot about this since im self priest and its no matter if i have 30 adds which deals 80 damage, one tiny heal and topic is finsihed for myself xD but yes, it makes more independet for other classes for sure
    EDIT:"for soloinstances to get fusion stuff and elitebosses for soulgold"
    7c9NPcqOWK0h.jpg
    its nice too for soloinstance

wrath awakening works same as in pvp (iron skinn), can reduce 2160 damage each hit on maximum, BUT not easy to get that high as a pve player, faster solution would be anima shield

to the red marked text, if you like it or not, im the highest evasion player on whole EU Servers, the thread creator wrote about pvp that evasion got nerved

WHEN someone tells evasion got nerved, i WILL ALWAYS say - hey dude -> it changed for sure, but nerved? no

freeya same, thinks im arrogant and dont want to talk about evasion, why?
    because she is an evasion priest on her second char /with 500 evasion upwards and no crit def, no nothing,only tripple IDs evasion

she knows that i could kill 10 of her at same moment (hates me because im such a lot stronger and her character dies nearly instantly when meeting me)

im one of the reason that others cash up their chars, they hate getting killed like kids
    they hate getting farmed by the "arogant priest"
    and when the strongest evasion players tells something about evasion, i would sit down and hear what he has to say^^

that im not arrogant and simply telling out the truth, stays between the lines xD
  • Cheerful - Eyrda
    Cheerful - Eyrda Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    to the red marked text, if you like it or not, im the highest evasion player on whole EU Servers, the thread creator wrote about pvp that evasion got nerved

WHEN someone tells evasion got nerved, i WILL ALWAYS say - hey dude -> it changed for sure, but nerved? no

omg. the memories. NERVE EVA!!!!!

[I'm probably one of the few people left who can remember this heh.]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Discotex - Eyrda
    Discotex - Eyrda Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    omg. the memories. NERVE EVA!!!!!

[I'm probably one of the few people left who can remember this heh.]

you can nerve my eva bby
    Need help playing Aegis for PVP?-slightly outdated as of Lv90 patch-
    tinyurl.com/AegisGuide
    For other inquiries, refer to thread in warrior section!
    [SIGPIC]Discotex -Aegis[/SIGPIC]
  • freeyaa
    edited July 2014
    freeya same, thinks im arrogant and dont want to talk about evasion, why?
    because she is an evasion priest on her second char /with 500 evasion upwards and no crit def, no nothing,only tripple IDs evasion

she knows that i could kill 10 of her at same moment (hates me because im such a lot stronger and her character dies nearly instantly when meeting me)

i don't hate you, i rather dislike you. and that's more because of your attitude. Or posts like this. Or the fact that you're bad sports and cry around for hours once you get beaten in pvp lol. you're just raging around 90% of your life without any reason. i told you the thread starter asked about the pve mobs and that it is therefore pointless to write novels about the pvp aspects in this thread and what do you do? you offend me on a personal basis whithout any reason. that is so riddiculous =D

furthermore i don't have a single triple ID please get your facts right. i got 520+ evasion with single IDs on agile gears (what makes it double IDs over all - one double eva ID on a Acc + CritDef pieace of gear) combined with 200+ critdef. Is that enough for my 1 year old 50 EUR character to counter your full cash 3 years+ old char? no of course not since i still lack on resistances and stuff while you have a bunchload of them. i never expected that in the first place. and pvp isn't only about 1v1 at all so i don't care if you can **** my char 1v1 coz it doesn't matter at all.

and when the strongest evasion players tells something about evasion, i would sit down and hear what he has to say^^

yet again. that's not what i said. i said the PvP aspects have nothing to do with this topic. it was clearly asked about the PvE mob aspect. I don't mind you spreading your PvP knowledge AT ALL as long as you do so where it belongs to be but not in a thread that is meant to be about PvE aspects.
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos