Grey Gear lvl 30 fortification errors

DivineSpirits - Storm Legion
DivineSpirits - Storm Legion Posts: 122 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports
Two things have been affected:
1. Grey gear success rate on star crystals has been cut in half
2. Cost has increased exponentially

I think its treating grey gear as lvl 50 or else as white, but I made a few attempts on a grey piece that SHOULD cost 1g per attempt and instead its nearly 6g per attempt. After 70 days of farming alts, I do not appreciate this mistake but I hope you get it fixed in next patch (shouldn't be too hard).

-DS
Post edited by DivineSpirits - Storm Legion on
[SIGPIC]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/Tysterkaar/SirFanion.jpg[/SIGPIC]
DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage) || DivineAuror (Divine Priest) || SirFanion (Elemental Warrior)

Comments

• nalensmommy
    nalensmommy Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Two things have been affected:
    1. Grey gear success rate on star crystals has been cut in half
    2. Cost has increased exponentially

I think its treating grey gear as lvl 50 or else as white, but I made a few attempts on a grey piece that SHOULD cost 1g per attempt and instead its nearly 6g per attempt. After 70 days of farming alts, I do not appreciate this mistake but I hope you get it fixed in next patch (shouldn't be too hard).

-DS

Ditto!!

It is usually 8% per try (from lvl 11 to 12) it is now 4% chance and yeah usually around 1g to try each time and now yesterday i tried a piece and it was 6g i was very pissed (pardon my language :))

I'm also not happy about the 3x boost being gone if they decided to NOT give us the busted Antus Fruit (We did have it ONCE but it was glitched to hell that is why we got 3x Exp boost... So now we dont have Antus and we dont have 3x Exp boost)

I think they need to fix everything :/ From the wrong prices to the bugs...to the 3x exp boost.
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm going to report this as a bug in the hopes we get an answer (or is fixed!!).

Is it on purpose, or a bug that the fortification cost for grey 30's gear is now the same as 77??

It was 8% chance, which still can waste 100+ sc to get plus a tonne of SD to transfer (seemed fair!). Now it is 4% chance... which can waste (up to) 200+ sc to get to 12/12 very expensive per try too.

Help us Obi-Wan Greykenobi. You're our only hope.

Edit: Sorry that I reposted the error mods, didn't spot this topic too :)
  • DivineSpirits - Storm Legion
    DivineSpirits - Storm Legion Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4971671#post4971671

This thread is a perfect example of how this problem is perceived by the community of players. I hope that the techs are able to fix this soon because there are loads of newer toons/players that will be eager to upgrade their bloodraiders or other toons. I'd hate for them to realize that 11-12 is a 4% chance of success with 8 Star crystals. It's disheartening to me and I'm already done with my gears. Let's keep it simple and allow newer players the advantages that we had so they can catch up to where we are. I'm all for more competition in arena, lets speed up the gear fortification processs......not slow it down!
    [SIGPIC]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/Tysterkaar/SirFanion.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage) || DivineAuror (Divine Priest) || SirFanion (Elemental Warrior)
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The item from Gabriel that takes 8 sc to make is supposed to be the next level fortification item. It is also unavailable right now. Meteor Crystal I think it is.

From the CN patch notes I said it would be 32% chance of success(I hope!!). On average it should take 2-3 goes at that rate. I assume it would be expensive too... hopefully once the weekend is over we can get some answers.

I see many new people get very frustrated at trying to make 12/12's. The wings are the shiny "I want dis" thing that helps draw people to the game... why make it harder?