test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Retaining viable accuracy

Gestrell - Storm LegionGestrell - Storm Legion Posts: 38 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Class Discussion
Hey guys, well im an Elemental warrior on storm server. I've been persuing Purple arena gear and nearly have the entire set, now while getting the set i knew that i'd have to give up a pretty good amount of accuracy for the change to work. Now im not someone who is against evasion, but is there a reason that arena gear completely ignores its dominance in pvp? After weighing the probablility of running into an evasion build as opposed to a build with evasion that isnt quite good enough as well as normal builds which dont stack evasion, i came to the conclusion that building for the sole purpose of counteracting evasion would make a character sub-par because of all the crit damage and crit chance that would have to be given up in ID's much how evasion builds give up many stats for evasion.
Now, that being said, there will still be instances where i will have to deal with evasion builds and id like opinions on how to gain a little more accuracy without giving up any crit damage or chance. I'd also like to hear any other arguments which are for or against the points i'm making, who knows maybe my views will be swayed.
Post edited by Gestrell - Storm Legion on

Comments

• tyeriantyerian Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As elemental you have the benefit of being Nyos, which is the tree I prefer for ele/pvp due to the extra accuracy bonus.

I'll assume you only need the 5 piece arena set for the full set bonus stats, which allows you to wear wargod/zodiac weapon, wargod/rift gloves, and wargod/gold boots, those three items should all be IDed with maximum accuracy stats, my wargod wep has triple "glitched" accuracy giving me a total of 44 acc from wep alone (including E.E), my boots have glitched acc id, and my gloves have acc id as well, then you can focus on having an accuracy set of fashion, each piece giving 6-8 acc, and your rings/necklace/OH can all have accuracy id.

By balancing out everything except for the arena set, you can gain substantial accuracy on your other gear/fashion.

Oh, and I didn't lose much crit dmg/chance, everything I've mentioned aside from my weapon and fashion has a crit dmg/chance ID in addition to the glitched acc.
  • Drachus - EyrdaDrachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Here are some suggestions. Hope they help.

Get accuracy accessories to tab to when fighting eva. Arena rings (even the blue ones) give +11 accuracy [it lists 8 but is actually 11 each]. ID them for cdam or cc so that you don't lose out on dps when changing. ID your other accessories (Neck and OH) for acc or acc+cdam... or get alternative ones with double acc id's to tab to while in pvp.

Create an accuracy fashion set and hotkey it for speedy change mid pvp.

Another option many arena geared players take is to make a 2nd 3piece set of wargod gear for the accuracy bonus and put it (along with your acc accessories) in your 2nd gear tab. ID it for accuracy. You can choose to refine it and gem it or leave it as it is. Refining/gemming it would mean less stat loss when you change gear to fight eva, which is nice vs stronger eva players where the stat loss can be noticeable (esp if the stat loss is crit def or etc).

If you do the above, I recommend using the gear swap option. Most people are aware that you are able to have two sets of gear, but not nearly as many realize there is a hotkey for it. You can find this key in your basic skill tab. I don't think very many people utilize this, but it's incredibly handy for the 2nd accuracy set you can build through gear/accessories. Be aware that there is a [very] short cd on gear change... so only change to acc set when you're ready to focus an eva player since your stats do take a hit when changing out 2-3 pieces of your arena gear.
    *Note: Careful changing gear when you're low hp or getting focused. Your resistances, crit dodge, and potentially crit def (depending on what pieces you temp. replace) take a pretty significant loss when tabbing to acc set. And you can't swap gear when you're below 50% hp [unless you're not in combat]. So you don't want to make yourself squishier in a bad situation.

Also remember accuracy ID's are "glitched" - single spaced id's give more than double space ones. IE: 6 Accuracy actually gives 9 accuracy while 6 Accuracy actually gives 6 accuracy.

Since you're elemental, you have the advantage of talenting into some serious evasion debuffs if you feel eva is an issue for you. Threatening Roar 4/4 gives a -50 evasion debuff with 5/4 (with rune) giving a -60 evasion debuff. Rain of blood gives a -45 evasion debuff on bloodsoak. Since the threatening roar rune is fairly rare, that would still give you a total of -95 eva without a rune... most high eva players have 530-560 eva. You'd cut them down to 435-465 eva, which is much more manageable. Also don't forget about valiant sortie, which increases your accuracy if you manage to get the chance effect - putting talent points into it is a debatable choice (I personally do not on my war when ele, since it's chance based and historically my luck with it has been atrocious) but if you have open rune spots, the runes for it are relatively easily to find and inexpensive and offer a way to put points into it without actually using talent points on it.

My chars are arena built, but I try to do the above for 2nd set... Since my war is blood and my bard is water, I don't have the advantage of eva debuffs; however, I try to utilize other talents like ferocity of wind on my bard, which gives +45 acc buff on courage. By doing the sorts of things above, my bard winds up with 696 acc with pet buff, over 700 acc with courage. This sort secondary build helps out tremendously vs. eva, while it allows you to retain the great stats of arena gear when you're fighting the other large percent of pvpers who aren't evasion.

EDIT: also Tyerian gives a suggestion about Nyos which would also increase your acc - just remember that it would require building this tree if you have not already, and if you have high rune energy (70+) the effect is very different than dyos 70+ rune energy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DivineSpirits - Storm LegionDivineSpirits - Storm Legion Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You don't need accuracy because evasion is a myth!

Biggest help will be war god 3 piece set + fashion piece set. The 8 acc rings from arena actually net you 11 accuracy, also. Get a lvl 80 trinket and ID it for double 5 acc (its really bugged 8 acc). 2 quick button clicks will net you 100+ acc if you build it correctly (22 from rings + 24 from fashion + 45 from WG set + 16 from OH + 10-12 from necklace). Most of these changes wont affect your stats significantly and enable you to hit evasion builds often enough to be hurtful (esp with ele debuffs).
    [SIGPIC]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/Tysterkaar/SirFanion.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage) || DivineAuror (Divine Priest) || SirFanion (Elemental Warrior)
  • Gestrell - Storm LegionGestrell - Storm Legion Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All very helpful, ill try these suggestions. Was thinking of getting Wargod chest and gloves to pair with the boots, but I wanted to use arena boots n gloves. So complicated xD.
  • RaizensFur - NyosRaizensFur - Nyos Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All very helpful, ill try these suggestions. Was thinking of getting Wargod chest and gloves to pair with the boots, but I wanted to use arena boots n gloves. So complicated xD.

Arena boots give more than the glitched 11 if you go for acc health. cant remember exactly how much and i cant check since i dont have fw on this comp. as a vamp i have 570ish acc with full arena gear and only 1 acc id on my fash(no other buffs). I can hit most evas decently but full eva is another story...

As drachus already mentioned elewars have pretty op eva debuffs, and im assuming whenever you enounter these evasion fiends you'll at least have a priest around, who also give some acc with its buffs. all in all imo a warrior doesnt need to stack acc as much as some other classes/trees because of the roar and bloodsoak debuffs, just make sure to time them well ;)
  • DoomRaven - Storm LegionDoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm at 560 acc unbuffed without arena rings and in arena full set + boots but I'm nyos and have acc ids on wargod weapon and hands, necklace and offhand and arena boots with acc base id, and I don't even have the acc title and missing some acc ids and my fashion gives me 27 acc, so as elemental thats more so what you need as dyos since you can debuff 90+ evasion. Wargod hands and Arena boots both base ids give 12 acc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,061 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    2nd gear slot/gear swap button is a godsend addition.

i was a pure accuracy ele war build in wg set til new arena season came out and i decided to switch to full out crit damage arena build. however i held onto my complete war god set, have the whole thing 12/12 with most gems lv4 in 2nd gear slot to hotkey switch to vs eva players along with blue arena rings and a second crit necky ided for double acc. plus acc fashion set for extra 29 (as far as ive seen best double acc id on one fashion piece is 6acc/5acc, so pretty much max you can get from fash is around 44). as stated before just be careful with the decrease in damage output and damage protection when switching to acc gear (imo losing out on crit dam is lessened by 5pc wg mast set bonus, but crit def takes a huge hit switching out of arena, plus resists bonuses lost).

as far as talents go bloodsoak/roar combo works nicely, sortie if you have extra points/runes for it, procs alot for me at 75% (81% at 6/5), especially since both dyos and nyos 70 nature talent rely on sortie to proc to give bonuses, its a worthwhile talent to invest it if you are close to or at 70+ nature. though in full acc set i rarely ever need to use roar for eva debuff so mine is only 3/4 (2/4 talent + 1 rune). keep in mind elf wars only get -55 eva max with 5/4 roar vs human -60 (racists!). so theres definitely alot of options available gearwise and buildwise for dealing with most eva players (even full out acc build will still be useless vs eva sin using swift eva). 520 acc unbuffed in full arena --> 708 acc in full wg + 29 fash + 40 pet + 11 self buffs (elf) + 50 on sortie proc = 838 acc alone with debuffs and other class buffs still to use.

as far as general pvping choices go, maximize acc buffs by pvping with classes who have them. in 3v3/6v6 try to go with priest/mm/bard to get nice acc buffs/eva debuffs. in 12v12 always join a raid pt if someone makes them, or any regular pt, so that anyone with acc buffs will most likely be shared with you. when i do 12s on my priest i always try to join raid and if theres any eva players on the other team i always throw buffs onto whoever im healing for that extra acc boost. also you can pay 5g/24hrs for e-e gemlights or use werewolf pots if you stocked up on those from that tiny event (nice bonus of having full acc build switch is never buying gemlights, woo). happy hunting!
  • UZA - LionheartUZA - Lionheart Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All very helpful, ill try these suggestions. Was thinking of getting Wargod chest and gloves to pair with the boots, but I wanted to use arena boots n gloves. So complicated xD.[/QUOT] id suuggest sane thing but not wg set just use jewllry and OH maybey trinket iff possible then with crystal light and pet buff me my self use this combo i hit about 650 acc with light pot no MM buffs but i use EB boots wg glooves wg wep ided all x3 acc then spammed c rit def ids
  • Gestrell - Storm LegionGestrell - Storm Legion Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All very helpful, ill [/QUOT] id suuggest sane thing but not wg set just use jewllry and OH maybey trinket iff possible then with crystal light and pet buff me my self use this combo i hit about 650 acc with light pot no MM buffs but i use EB boots wg glooves wg wep ided all x3 acc then spammed c rit def ids

Yeah, my acc now is about 550 self buffed, its enough to hit eva classes just enough to land a good crit and off em, but i want more security. Was thinking of just gemming my WG belt and putting it on the secondary set, since i already decided to wear the WG boots and ill be getting the gloves sunday. That way ill just gain 60 ish acc at the push of a button, without losing much attack or damage. Plus im ele, so paired with all the debuffs and whatever ill be fine.
  • cureaustriacureaustria Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Yeah, my acc now is about 550 self buffed, its enough to hit eva classes just enough to land a good crit and off em, but i want more security. Was thinking of just gemming my WG belt and putting it on the secondary set, since i already decided to wear the WG boots and ill be getting the gloves sunday. That way ill just gain 60 ish acc at the push of a button, without losing much attack or damage. Plus im ele, so paired with all the debuffs and whatever ill be fine.

best solution would be to go on eva+acc+crit def aswell

ALL other options are not smart

why is that so,

-the eva player hits you 100%, you dont hit him for sure, if evry 5 hits one is missed
    you have an disadvantage of 20% (do you know what that means)

-to "yellow marked text" my evasion is 513 with 263% crit defens
    the most eva player are changing last weeks/months to higher crit defens
    im not the only one with 250% crit defens and you would need 400% crit power
    to feel an differenc/advantage
    (btw its impossible to get high enough crit rate plus crit power AND accuracy with equip)

-PVP is all about acc and evasion, take the most benefits of your talent tree which provides
    advantages for this 2 topics, you dont need switch gear

im rebell and debuffing 50 evasion in 1sec for 25sec and thats enough against all
    evasion players (650 acc while fulleva/crit defens built)

strongest possible player built:
    watermage with

+8 accuracy
    +21% crit defens(or 10% if not self built)
    gear stats
    +5 eva
    +5 eva
    extended attribute(attack or something like acc)

would lead to 400% crit defens(300% without self built options)
    7k attack with 500+ evasion and 750 acc, 80k hp, 65k mp

you will never kill this person ever again when 1k resistance and +book skill resistance+iron skinn
    is activ and an "standard" heal priest takes bounds from him or transforms

my advice, built whole set this way above and you can make the maxime out of your warrior too

MOST IMPORTANT-> dont think high acc kills evasion players, its always the whole setting
    a better mixture kills

EDIT something to view instead of textofwall
    +50 acc from talentree is not shown and debuff -50 eva
    wrath off, selfbuffed only, 166k equipscore

lWCQOGrn3Gem.jpg

EDIT 2
    forget golden shoes, only FULL goldenset would be better, but one piece is not better than +75 mastery from wargod