test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragon lvl 1 Immortal Rampage

Salvis - LionheartSalvis - Lionheart Posts: 85 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
So I know other people have been having this issue, because I've joined a few other world chat parties for Dragon to make sure it wasn't just our party.

The Dragon has an Immortal Rampage. (Yes rampage goes away eventually.) But normally the tank dies before that even happens if it is not purge'd off the 2nd or 3rd time. When you have a whole 6 person party of dedicated Mages to get Rampage off of Dragon lvl 1 - something wrong is going on. It was never this hard. And the Mages are standing in the right spot to purge. (Apparently if you're up on his behind it doesn't work).

PLEASE some feedback. Is this intentional? I've went through all the patch updates, found nothing that said "We are changing Dragon lvl 1 to make you guys QQ".

I will even record a video, of me on a Mage, in a party of Mages, all with purge - to show you that I'm not just making stuff up and talking out my ear.
Post edited by Salvis - Lionheart on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Salvis Lvl 80 Wind Bard
Salynn Lvl 80 Divine Priest

Comments

• Rick_Rolled - Storm LegionRick_Rolled - Storm Legion Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not sure but I did dragon 1 last night and the purge seemed to work fine. I will note that we did have a precision MM so it was not just mages.
  • Salvis - LionheartSalvis - Lionheart Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some runs go fine. Then others is just disastrous with absolutely no reason. Last Sunday we wiped 4 times because the Rampage just would not come off. And it always went Rampage > Tank Curse'd. And in the process of the Tank being Purified by a Priest, the Dragon would hit him with a Rampage hit. Game over :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Salvis Lvl 80 Wind Bard
  • Rick_Rolled - Storm LegionRick_Rolled - Storm Legion Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am doing a dragon later tonight I will see what happens I guess.
  • Diverte - IllyfueDiverte - Illyfue Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For me the purge works just fine^^

I will just say this (some ppl might not be aware about this): Fire and Frost mage's purge can miss on the dragon.

Wind mages don't miss with it~ if they take the right talent for it (aka Dispelling Wind or something similar, too lazy to check atm ;3).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drachus - EyrdaDrachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some runs go fine. Then others is just disastrous with absolutely no reason. Last Sunday we wiped 4 times because the Rampage just would not come off. And it always went Rampage > Tank Curse'd. And in the process of the Tank being Purified by a Priest, the Dragon would hit him with a Rampage hit. Game over :c

@;

But then another team did dragon this week, and it went just fine. So it just must be buggy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jhereg4250jhereg4250 Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've participated in 3 this week. No issues with Purge.
  • Sheevanah - ShyliaSheevanah - Shylia Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It happened sometimes with us.

Last week was fine, but tonight, it failed. And we had several mages in our team.

We don't understand why it happens.
  • CountVonCo - IllyfueCountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sometimes purge fails. Even with 4 mages once all purges failed. But after wipe, it worked fine.

Dunno if its a bug as there is no chance mention of mages purge that says its a % of success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
  • BegForIt - EyrdaBegForIt - Eyrda Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The dragon has lots of random bugs. Purge bug as mentioned before, shield sometimes doesnt go away even with right number of locks, one time a cannon was actually destroyed for the whole fight lol
  • Necropuppet - Storm LegionNecropuppet - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Komog is a buggy **** flying lizard.

Problems I've ran into that cause rage:

- Can't debuff rampage even with a prec MM. (Prec MM's exo shot is a 100% debuff)
    - Locks. Oh my god. One too many times where 3 perfectly timed locks wouldn't work so it says OP forever.
    edited March 2014
    Also true for the locks. Both are frequent. (Maybe 1 on 3 Komog per weeks).
  • morsaeternamorsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You know what is really annoying? When he spawns an inferno!
    You are there trying to get the rampage of when suddenly stun and the whole place is on fire!
    The tank i living but 12 ppl died because everything was on fire, after that everybody dies out because the healers cant outheal the damage.
  • VelvetStrike - IllyfueVelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok time to be really blunt...

I had the same issue on lvl 1 and 2 dragon, purge seemed to fail often.

Then when hammering all the mages to all purge and not rely on others to purge this 'bug' suddenly disappeared. So basicly.. make sure ur mages aren't too moronic to cast a skill on time, i do komog with 1 mage and all goes fine because the mage has a brain.

My question.. did u see them cast purge or did they say they cast purge? Mages tend to get lazy when they are in bigger mage hordes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    do dragon 1 4-5 times a week and have never seen this that i can recall, purge always goes off after 1 or 2 tries with competent purgers, even smoothly with no mages and just one aegis war tank with 80% chance purge.
    edited March 2014
    Ok time to be really blunt...

I had the same issue on lvl 1 and 2 dragon, purge seemed to fail often.

Then when hammering all the mages to all purge and not rely on others to purge this 'bug' suddenly disappeared. So basicly.. make sure ur mages aren't too moronic to cast a skill on time, i do komog with 1 mage and all goes fine because the mage has a brain.

My question.. did u see them cast purge or did they say they cast purge? Mages tend to get lazy when they are in bigger mage hordes.

Well yeah, there are lazy mages who just bot through.

But I can say from experience, I've solo purged in one party with my mage. But also there have been times, when me and other few mages purges failed. We wiped, but after that it didnt fail again.

Its defo a bug in there somewhere, but I doubt it will ever get fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• conterkillerconterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i think is kinda like those times when the lockthrow shots don't work at first time.. and u keep stacking them and the dragon's invul doesnt go away until after a couple more shots..

something like a delay

• Salvis - LionheartSalvis - Lionheart Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My mages are definitely purging and on time and standing in the right spot. Is there not a mod looking at this thread? Seriously please hand this issue up the food chain. Vague said to pm her any bug thread - but pm's are broken along with everything arc is attached to and I cannot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Salvis Lvl 80 Wind Bard
  • VagueAngel - Storm LegionVagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My mages are definitely purging and on time and standing in the right spot. Is there not a mod looking at this thread? Seriously please hand this issue up the food chain. Vague said to pm her any bug thread - but pm's are broken along with everything arc is attached to and I cannot.

Him* and PMs work just fine on my end. I got a PM just a few days ago. Even sent response back to it. But also, bugs like this are hard for the staff to look into due to the fact that it seems to be random, and they may not encounter it on the test server. The only sure fire way for it to be looked into is if I have enough "evidence" to give the staff. So you'll need to get multiple videos of this happening, so that the staff can see first hand that something does indeed mess up.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • eberg33keberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Or you've just been lucky with the 1 mage. Purge has either a 60 or 80% success rate.

In our guild runs, we've gone with competent prec mm's and sometimes their 100% chance to remove the buff, fails. And our mages and mm's have been trained to purge when they see the debuff, so there's little room for error.

Is it possible they are being lazy? Sure, but if they are causing a wipe (and usually causing a 2nd run; more work) then they fail at being lazy. I, personally, have a higher belief that there's a glitch, especially after seeing the locks ** up.
  • Jeazz - ShyliaJeazz - Shylia Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yoy !

I´m pretty sure that your mage(s) are doing aoe on phase 3 adds and switching target on boss when you ask them to purge, if they switch target and purge too fast it often fail...
    So if this is what happens, keep one mage still targeting the boss to purge or ask them to not purge too fast if they switch target
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Yoy !

I´m pretty sure that your mage(s) are doing aoe on phase 3 adds and switching target on boss when you ask them to purge, if they switch target and purge too fast it often fail...
    So if this is what happens, keep one mage still targeting the boss to purge or ask them to not purge too fast if they switch target

Entire post is based on ur assumptions, which in my personal case are all wrong. Being fire mage, I dont need to change targets, got enough aoe to aggro all the mobs and keep dpsing dragon and watch for rampage buff.

Everyone seems to be assuming that its down to lazy mages or badly timed purges.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jeazz - ShyliaJeazz - Shylia Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Never mind, i was just giving my point of view ^^'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Entire post is based on ur assumptions, which in my personal case are all wrong. Being fire mage, I dont need to change targets, got enough aoe to aggro all the mobs and keep dpsing dragon and watch for rampage buff.

Everyone seems to be assuming that its down to lazy mages or badly timed purges.

Same for me (ice mage but I didn't change targets, there were other AOE with me).
    And generally people are not AFK or lazy during a dragon, Komog or Ivenia (even more), we're still a minimum serious.

@Vague: unfortunately, I can't record videos. Will see with others in my guild.