Best route to 12/12 gear?

Darksiren - Storm Legion
Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Now that I'll have access to about 1000 star crystals (40,000 soul leaves) which is 125 refine attempts at 8 crystals each, I'd like people's insights on the following;

I have 5/5 wargod purple set and wargod purple weapon, with the extra slots of helmet and shoulders just as 77 blues until I can get those 2 non-set wargod purples.

All of my gear is currently 9/12, with the weapon 11/12.

Is it more economical to try and 12/12 low level gear for transfer. This includes wondering about soul diamond/fragment cost. Or to try and finish off directly refining the gear from its current refine levels with that low 4% chance from 11/12 to 12/12?

I'd like as much of a breakdown on costs and chances as possible from all the 12/12 gods out there please. tiger_019.gif

Edit: I posted this to the wrong section :( Can a mod move it to general discussion please?
Post edited by Darksiren - Storm Legion on

Comments

• viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do you have CS level, 3 to 5? If you do, then you save a chunk of transferring cost if you do grey 3x --> blue 3x --> free to blue 5x/6x (as high as your CS level allows) --> 77x. You could also do grey 3x --> purple 3x, but purple 3x and 5x/6x gears are probably hard to find and won't be worth the extra cost.

I'd say do fortification on grey 3x gear. 8% vs. 4% is quite the difference and could mean you get fewer pieces out of it at the end. You'd also save on some coins and can also pass the grey gears onto alts, if they have some soul leaves or SCs from log in days.
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    BalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    almost same but clearly no need for purple. (purple frimas act like blue gears for transfert)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    edited March 2014
    viiix wrote: »
    Do you have CS level, 3 to 5? If you do, then you save a chunk of transferring cost if you do grey 3x --> blue 3x --> free to blue 5x/6x (as high as your CS level allows) --> 77x. You could also do grey 3x --> purple 3x, but purple 3x and 5x/6x gears are probably hard to find and won't be worth the extra cost.

I'd say do fortification on grey 3x gear. 8% vs. 4% is quite the difference and could mean you get fewer pieces out of it at the end. You'd also save on some coins and can also pass the grey gears onto alts, if they have some soul leaves or SCs from log in days.

I have CS level 5. But then the next question is what is the cost from the (60-64) level blue gears to the 77 purples?

The good thing Is I have like 100,000 NC tokens to get free recharging star debris/shards up to +6 (maybe +7? for lower level gear?)

But another issue is getting ahold of the low level greys and 60-64 blues, since that stuff was all sucked out of the Auction House when the News of the oncoming star crystal sale was posted, long before I even saw it. Any tips on high level farming for it? I dont have low level alts.
  • JeanLucRox - Shylia
    JeanLucRox - Shylia Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you've got wargod stuff you better fortify on lvl30 or 40 stuff, coz the transfert cost is really low.

If you wonder where to farm low level stuff it's pretty easy : lost lightouse for lvl30 gear and outer ancestral catacombs for lvl60 gear.
  • viiix
    edited March 2014
    But then the next question is what is the cost from the (60-64) level blue gears to the 77 purples?

IMO, the cost for transferring is well worth getting more pieces to 12. If you use your SCs on your 77 gear, you might end up with 1 (or even none) piece 12'd, while if you use them on grey 3x gears, you'll (probably) have more.

As for actual cost...a lot? It depends on class and which piece of gear it is, but going from blue 6x --> blue 77 on my alt, it was well over 100 SDs for the entire set.
    edited March 2014
    viiix wrote: »
    As for actual cost...a lot? It depends on class and which piece of gear it is, but going from blue 6x --> blue 77 on my alt, it was well over 100 SDs for the entire set.

tiger_040.gif
    edited March 2014
    If you wonder where to farm low level stuff it's pretty easy : lost lightouse for lvl30 gear

LLH gives the blues from the bosses. But I'm more concerned at the moment with getting the grey gear. That relies on drop rates which high level kills. I tried farming in SoO for hours and got a few cooking ingredients, but absolutely no gear drops. Any greys are absurdly priced in the AH.

Edit: I bought a grey to start experimenting... 584 star crystals, over 20,000 soul leaves, and its still 11/12. 60+ attempts at 8% ALL FAILED. This RNG is the biggest BS. The game wants me to be squishy forever.
  • sedativex
    sedativex Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    LLH gives the blues from the bosses. But I'm more concerned at the moment with getting the grey gear. That relies on drop rates which high level kills. I tried farming in SoO for hours and got a few cooking ingredients, but absolutely no gear drops. Any greys are absurdly priced in the AH.

Edit: I bought a grey to start experimenting... 584 star crystals, over 20,000 soul leaves, and its still 11/12. 60+ attempts at 8% ALL FAILED. This RNG is the biggest BS. The game wants me to be squishy forever.

Yep its random...At every try u got only 8% to succeed.But u will see,that sometimes u will make a gear with 100 star crystals to 12/12,if u fortify that much as the other players does.
    Once i had some 5-600+ stars on one gear,but basicly it goses with a 150-400 stars in the most cases.
    Nowadays i only do gear to 12/12 to sell it,but before i maked for 2-3 of my toons 12/12 all gear.If u dont have luck with it,u better sell those 20.000 soul leaves next time,thats approx 20-22D on my serverwhat is enough for 5 gears of 12/12 if u buy it from ah or from other players.But if u will be lucky,when this star for soul action is in u can buy it cheaper.
    HOc2ScJw.png
    SEDATIVE_Mage | Soul_Savior | Hunicum | Illyfue
  • SEDATIVE_M - Illyfue_1395944634
    SEDATIVE_M - Illyfue_1395944634 Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How i just hate this forum system with broken avatars,and when i set it to my base toon,it resets back when i type the comments... -.-"

Damon-angry.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tyeriansaurus
    tyeriansaurus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sedativex wrote: »
    Yep its random...At every try u got only 8% to succeed.But u will see,that sometimes u will make a gear with 100 star crystals to 12/12,if u fortify that much as the other players does.
    Once i had some 5-600+ stars on one gear,but basicly it goses with a 150-400 stars in the most cases.
    Nowadays i only do gear to 12/12 to sell it,but before i maked for 2-3 of my toons 12/12 all gear.If u dont have luck with it,u better sell those 20.000 soul leaves next time,thats approx 20-22D on my serverwhat is enough for 5 gears of 12/12 if u buy it from ah or from other players.But if u will be lucky,when this star for soul action is in u can buy it cheaper.

Uhm... soul leaves are BOUND - that's the whole point of this thread, there is a special going on in the boutique which allows you to exchange 40 soul leaves for 1 star crystal. You can't sell them, and the star crystals you receive are bound as well, the best bet is to try and fortify gear to 12/12 to either use on a toon, or sell to other players.
  • JeanLucRox - Shylia
    JeanLucRox - Shylia Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014

LLH gives as well the grey stuff, it's mostly on the adds and fall on the ground but that's where i farm my lvl30 grey stuff and i'm lvl80.
  • SEDATIVE_M - Illyfue_1395944634
    SEDATIVE_M - Illyfue_1395944634 Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Uhm... soul leaves are BOUND - that's the whole point of this thread, there is a special going on in the boutique which allows you to exchange 40 soul leaves for 1 star crystal. You can't sell them, and the star crystals you receive are bound as well, the best bet is to try and fortify gear to 12/12 to either use on a toon, or sell to other players.

Uhm... my bad.I was on hurry and didn't realized that those were soul leaves T;Cool
    Then there is farming :) Get some cheapy skillbooks,or make some alts to farm.Everyone plays that way what fits to him.Or wich way is suitable,or easier to the person to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    LLH gives as well the grey stuff, it's mostly on the adds and fall on the ground but that's where i farm my lvl30 grey stuff and i'm lvl80.

Really never had luck with grey drops with a high level in LLH.

Either way I decided to purchase greys from the AH, even though they were averaging 20g a pop. And considering refining greys which are unbound costs real gold, that was a pretty hefty bill.

I had 48 mercury packs in my inventory from back when they used to be offered for 30 leaves each, that I was saving for a rainy day. If this doesn't constitute a monsoon of a rainy day, I don't know what would.

Managed to get 7 grey 30-39 pieces to 12/12 (now down to 10 soul leaves). 7 out of 8 isn't bad.

Just to confirm, popping a bound gem into the greys will bind them, allowing me to start the refine transfer process? And many of the pieces aren't for my class, but I'm almost positive that class doesn't matter, just gear slot.

Next step is getting the blues. Well I'm in luck there. I have 28x2=56 sapphire shards still in my shylia gift account, at 8 shards a pop, that's 7 30-39 shard blues. I also have 28x2+42=98 turquoise shards still in my shylia gift account, at 14 shards a pop, that's 7 60-64 shard blues. SO I can sideways refine transfer to the 30-39 blues (for unknown cost), up level the refines onto the 60-64 blues for free due to purchaser rewards, then find out the ungodly cost to get the refines onto my 77 blues and purples. There's no issues with using shard gear for refine transfer is there?

Anyhow, I'm exhausted in dealing with this issue at the moment. I dealt with the primary concern of getting the star crystals for soul leaves prior to the end of the special offer. I'll just wait on more feedback before I try dealing with the next bunch of steps in the process.
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm Legion
    DeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Just to confirm, popping a bound gem into the greys will bind them, allowing me to start the refine transfer process? And many of the pieces aren't for my class, but I'm almost positive that class doesn't matter, just gear slot.

This is correct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • viiix
    edited March 2014
    There's no issues with using shard gear for refine transfer is there?

Hmm. On my main, I used random blue pieces I bought from the AH while on my alt I used a couple of shard pieces. I'm pretty sure that using shard gear is fine (and since they're 50% fort cost, transferring from grey 3x --> shard 3x should be cheaper), but wait for confirmation from someone. It would suck if shard 6x gear end up adding to your final transfer cost.
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm Legion
    DeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Shard gear counts as lower quality than blue gear since it's light blue, so it will be cheaper to transfer from grey>shard but the final transfer from shard>blue/purple will be a bit more expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
    edited March 2014
    Shard gear counts as lower quality than blue gear since it's light blue, so it will be cheaper to transfer from grey>shard but the final transfer from shard>blue/purple will be a bit more expensive.

So it sounds like it might be advantageous to wait for this whole deal to die down a bit, then find the appropriate blues in the AH when they become cheaper again.