Missing mentor points

Tonali - Storm Legion
Tonali - Storm Legion Posts: 232 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
(If this thread suppous to be elsewhere, move it please)

Ok, this is the problem, yesterday before i went to sleep, i had 4k-ish of mentor points, now this morning i checked how many mentor i have, it surprised me that i have less than 200!!!!

Anyone knows why this happen? :(

Sorry for bad grammar
Post edited by Tonali - Storm Legion on

Comments

• k2iputsi
    k2iputsi Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just to be sure that you don't mean those bounty glory points? as those reset weekly

otherwise you must have spent it somewhere before going to sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tonali - Storm Legion
    edited June 2013
    k2iputsi wrote: »
    just to be sure that you don't mean those bounty glory points? as those reset weekly

otherwise you must have spent it somewhere before going to sleep

It wasn't glory points, i know those reset, it was mentor points, and no, i didnt spend any mentor points before going to sleep :(

My mentor points just vanish during the night

Any reasons why this happen? :(
  • Kateena - Storm Legion
    Kateena - Storm Legion Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know. I often wake up in the morning with a lot more mentor points from lowbies popping in my party.

This sounds like a bug and you should have it investigated.

Or you accidentally spoke to the quest giver in Nightfall for the cracked runes a bunch of times and didn't take that into account.
  • Tonali - Storm Legion
    edited June 2013
    I don't know. I often wake up in the morning with a lot more mentor points from lowbies popping in my party.

This sounds like a bug and you should have it investigated.

Or you accidentally spoke to the quest giver in Nightfall for the cracked runes a bunch of times and didn't take that into account.

Nah, i didnt do that, i just bought my DO's

I sent a ticket, and they told that there is nothing to do about it. *sigh*
    At least i wanna know why that happen :(
  • Breezyn - Storm Legion
    Breezyn - Storm Legion Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    o_o That happened to my main character as well. I stopped giving a **** about gaining mentor points and basically gave up on bothering to collect the points to use even..

If you sent a ticket in, and they said there was nothing they could do... Did they say anything else aside from that? (I know, can't really discuss info exchanged between us and them, but..) without getting too deep into the details.. Was it even a person replying, or was it an auto-reply? I've recently only recieved bot-like replies when submitting tickets (sometimes not even pertaining to the subject I'd submitted the ticket for >_<)..

I also believe they SHOULD be looking into that kind of thing.. If I'd been more into the collection and usage of my mentor points, I'd have been furious still that they had vanished xD
    Would be nice to know if there are many who have been experiencing this, or if some have even noticed o_O;
  • jhereg4250
    jhereg4250 Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you sure you didn't select the mentor point gem reforge rather than the free gem reforge options at the NPC? That can eat them up quickly and it's an easy mistake to make.
  • Breezyn - Storm Legion
    edited June 2013
    jhereg4250 wrote: »
    Are you sure you didn't select the mentor point gem reforge rather than the free gem reforge options at the NPC? That can eat them up quickly and it's an easy mistake to make.

Realise this was asked of the OP most likely, but I don't think she/he has done that either. It almost sounds as though they had been aware of their mentor point count prior to having set up their bot to afk for the night or w/e... the next day, checking to see if they'd accumulated more overnight perhaps?, found they'd lost a vast majority of their points.

100 mentor pts for each of that exchange.. Can certainly see how someone could accidentally use the feature at Christer if they werent paying attention, but anyone who does pay attention or reads quests before grabbing them and turning them in would have caught that being that the mentor point exchange one is a bright pink txt and the other is plain txt, not even bold..
    Also, they would have had to use the wrong one a crazy amount of times to lose that many mentor points o_O;

I know for certain when it occured to my toon it was not because it had accidentally been used (i only used mentor points at vanessa and not for gems exchange nor rune exchange as I personally do not collect the runes on my main and she uses bound gems she doesnt combine/wear to break for crafting jewellery)
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you lose any apprentices? Might have lost mentor points from apprentices removing you.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • Breezyn - Storm Legion
    edited June 2013
    Did you lose any apprentices? Might have lost mentor points from apprentices removing you.

They'd have had to lose a huge list of apprentices xD it takes 300 mentor point to dismiss one even yourself.. When the apprentice leaves the mentor, they lose luck points i believe instead of mentor points?
    (correct me if I'm wrong on that one) Though I thought the mentor loses nothing if the apprentice ditches them..
    Even so, lets just say they had lost a full 6 apprentice whilst afk lost the entire list at once, thats 1800 points correct?
    I'm puzzled by this now xD Keep coming back to the forums just to check on it lol
  • Tonali - Storm Legion
    edited June 2013
    jhereg4250 wrote: »

No, I didnt even talk to Christer that night

No, my apprentices are my alts, and i didnt dissmiss them